Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cast XMR] high speed XMR/CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs (2 KHash/s)  (Read 206338 times)
kristikun

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:50:54 PM

i wrote that dual claymore isnt as profitable as other cryptonight coins Cheesy  but in 1 month it will be for sure so i want to start adjusting my rig for Claymore dual  thats why i asked if there is some1 who  is currently running 6vegas + or more on Dual Claymore

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Goldenbunip

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:08:13 PM

damn, I would like to see if that is possible SOC 1300 =) Good Luck, Keep updated!

Update from Saturday nights mining rig play time.
Applied at 1207 and then a 1300 SOC timings Reg edits. The SOC goes to 1300 on both, according to HWINFO. So far so good,
that worked and I could mine at HBM1190 still without any issues.

Onto the higher frequencies of HBM, Slowly clocked it up and up, did get to 1250, but after 10 min at that speed, it crashed out.
Before it crashed I was pulling +2300H. Keeping the temps at 40C max.

HWINFO isnt reporting the memory errors on this rig - no idea why at this time, also one rig the same version of HWINFO doesn't even show the SOC timings. Good job the other rig does so I know the mod works.

Put both rigs back on the 1200SOC reg file and left it there for now. Vega 1 is pulling average share find speed of 2050 and vega2 is pulling 2100, (Actual Mining figs are 2100/2300) both on stock Volts, both HBM at 1190 now and both with -30% on the core. The only diff is Vega2 has way better watercooling at 40C max so can be at +50% power and Vega1 is at +10% power and is at 50C.  

SOO Not sure if its the SOC or the RAM erroring out. Would need to put one on 1300SOC / 1190 HBM and leave it running for a week to see if its stable.
Also, Anybody pushed more volts via the HBM? I know everybody wants more efficiency, but I'm free electricity and water-cooled. I want Max performance.

Also managed to get two 560s pulling in 440H each so total is now 5k Hashes on Monero, with 2 more Vegas on order Smiley

TheOATeam

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:21:40 PM

Anyone else mining Nicehash with Cast XMR suddenly have the Nicehash interface reporting zero hashes, despite the miner at full speed running for hours since the last detected hash on the interface?
Morgon

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:10:02 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 06:35:32 PM by Morgon

2) About 30-60 seconds in, I get a driver reset.

I see you've subsequently fixed this, but if it ever happens again (especially at higher memory speeds):

Step 1: Use HWiINFO64 to keep an eye on sensors. Adjust the window so you can see all of the cards in an organized line like this.
Step 2: When a hang happens, try to see which card(s) have failed (most commonly indicated by low Memory Current or Memory Power (I forget which, but it will be obvious)).
Step 3: Use OverdriveNTool to increase the memory voltage on that card. Most of the reg edits put memory at 900mV. Increase it to 925 or 950 if you have to. OdNT and HWiNFO use the same enumeration, so if "the second card" is exhibiting the behavior, increase memory voltage on the second entry.

This is how I was able to stabilize my 8x Vega rig.
xeridea

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:35:21 PM

2) About 30-60 seconds in, I get a driver reset.

I see you've subsequently fixed this, but if it ever happens again (especially at higher memory speeds):

Step 1: Use HWiINFO64 to keep an eye on sensors. Adjust the window so you can see all of the cards in an organized line like this.
Step 2: When a hang happens, try to see which card(s) have failed (most commonly indicated by low Memory Current or Memory Power (I forget which, but it will be obvious).
Step 3: Use OverdriveNTool to increase the memory voltage on that card. Most of the reg edits put memory at 900mV. Increase it to 925 or 950 if you have to. OdNT and HWiNFO use the same enumeration, so if "the second card" is exhibiting the behavior, increase memory voltage on the second entry.
Is there a way to have HwInfo64 remember layout settings?  I have organized them before but don't know how to make permanent.

Profitability over time charts for many GPUs - http://xeridea.us/charts

BTC:  bc1qr2xwjwfmjn43zhrlp6pn7vwdjrjnv5z0anhjhn LTC:  LXDm6sR4dkyqtEWfUbPumMnVEiUFQvxSbZ Eth:  0x44cCe2cf90C8FEE4C9e4338Ae7049913D4F6fC24
Morgon

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:36:38 PM

Is there a way to have HwInfo64 remember layout settings?  I have organized them before but don't know how to make permanent.
In my experience, once you have it where you want, close the program and reopen it. Most of the time, it will keep your settings. If the rig crashes or you shut down the computer without explicitly closing HWInfo, it won't retain.
commonorx

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:42:18 PM

Anyone else mining Nicehash with Cast XMR suddenly have the Nicehash interface reporting zero hashes, despite the miner at full speed running for hours since the last detected hash on the interface?

yes I do have breaks in what the dashboard interface shows for last night. When I have looked at CAST before when I see these, I see no errors. I have not looked at the miner for a long while so I don't know if there were any errors from last night. I am still averaging over 12 kH/s so that is good and my payouts are on track and pretty consistent. So the pool is probably fine but the dashboard updates are not always working. I will check to see if CAST reported any disconnects later tonight.
commonorx

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:16:06 PM

i wrote that dual claymore isnt as profitable as other cryptonight coins Cheesy  but in 1 month it will be for sure so i want to start adjusting my rig for Claymore dual  thats why i asked if there is some1 who  is currently running 6vegas + or more on Dual Claymore

You are way in the wrong thread. Please leave.

Enjoy making less money.

Bye!
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:52:50 PM

hmmm, I didnt know Nicehash uses Cast XMR. I set it up another 6 Vegas rig, this time all of them are Vega 64, so I tested the 6 Vega 56 rig I started with and Nicehash is using sgminer, but the speed and profitability is really good, like 48€ day -I am saying euros here, to clear things up, do the math...-.

I performed the precise benchmark prior to start using Nicehash, it took several hours but it was worth it.

Hopefully Winminer is going to work with Cast XMR in the future, I really like that program.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:09:48 PM

Yes this is currently happening to me. Hopefully nicehash is counting the shares as the dashboard certainly isn't.

Cast XMR is reporting all data correctly
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:35:52 PM

Yes this is currently happening to me. Hopefully nicehash is counting the shares as the dashboard certainly isn't.

I don't believe this is a Cast issue. I occasionally have the same problem on other miners. Probably just a buggy Nicehash dashboard
commonorx

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:51:13 AM

hmmm, I didnt know Nicehash uses Cast XMR. I set it up another 6 Vegas rig, this time all of them are Vega 64, so I tested the 6 Vega 56 rig I started with and Nicehash is using sgminer, but the speed and profitability is really good, like 48€ day -I am saying euros here, to clear things up, do the math...-.

I performed the precise benchmark prior to start using Nicehash, it took several hours but it was worth it.

Hopefully Winminer is going to work with Cast XMR in the future, I really like that program.

Dude really!!

Features

- Full support for CryptoNight/CryptoNote based currencies:
Monereo (XMR)
Bytecoin (BCN)
DigitalNote (XDN)
Intense (ITNS)
Electroneum (ETN)
- Fastest miner for AMD Radeon RX Vega GPU series (more then 2KHash/s)
- Optimized cores for RX Vega Blockchain driver
- RX Vega Blockchain driver detection
- Multiple GPU support for upto 8 Vega GPUs
- Monitor temperature and fan speed of each GPU
- Full pool support
- Nicehash support
- Remote http access for statistics in JSON format
- only 1.5% dev fee

Point CAST XMR at a wallet for bitcoin and mine away. Caution.. you have to read.
xeridea

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 12:57:22 AM

I don't believe this is a Cast issue. I occasionally have the same problem on other miners. Probably just a buggy Nicehash dashboard
NH uses a really high share difficulty, so reported hashrate variance is extremely high. On rig of say 8KH may show 20KH, or it may show 0. Per worker speeds are worthless.  Can look at detail stats on an algorithm and show avereges over time though (for all combined).

Profitability over time charts for many GPUs - http://xeridea.us/charts

BTC:  bc1qr2xwjwfmjn43zhrlp6pn7vwdjrjnv5z0anhjhn LTC:  LXDm6sR4dkyqtEWfUbPumMnVEiUFQvxSbZ Eth:  0x44cCe2cf90C8FEE4C9e4338Ae7049913D4F6fC24
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:54:36 AM

Hi,
You can just use Cast miner and point it to nicehash servers like with any other pool.  I have been doing it for 1 month and it just works.
It may well be more profitable than using their software and going through their interface.

I would not touch Winminer with a rig like yours, you just loose profits compared to mining with dedicated software to a pool.
Beside, the ROI you can have with Nice Hash beat Winminer by a wide margin.

Winminer needs to work with virtually any computer that it is used on, therefore they use software that can automatically detect your hardware and begin working, yet for doing so, it does not take full advantage of your hardware.

Just use Cast to Nicehash pool and you will probably make more than 48euros a day.

take care!
AlexanderDumas

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:02:26 AM

NH uses a really high share difficulty, so reported hashrate variance is extremely high. On rig of say 8KH may show 20KH, or it may show 0. Per worker speeds are worthless.  Can look at detail stats on an algorithm and show avereges over time though (for all combined).
I think it NH shows the real time hash rate at the precise moment the software decide to report it to your browser interface, therefore it shows large variations which is normal. All other Pools reporting web interface (Nanopool for example), generally average the readings, so they shows less of fluctuation in hash rate, but under the hood those fluctuations exist nevertheless. IMO
AlexanderDumas

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:04:28 AM

Indeed it is the buggy Nicehash dashboard.
AlexanderDumas

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:06:15 AM

I am glad to see most of us are using Nicehash with Cast miner as it is supposed to be.
At current profit levels is a no brainer.
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:13:33 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 01:45:21 PM by Cyan_Antares

Hi,
You can just use Cast miner and point it to nicehash servers like with any other pool.  I have been doing it for 1 month and it just works.
It may well be more profitable than using their software and going through their interface.

I would not touch Winminer with a rig like yours, you just loose profits compared to mining with dedicated software to a pool.
Beside, the ROI you can have with Nice Hash beat Winminer by a wide margin.

Winminer needs to work with virtually any computer that it is used on, therefore they use software that can automatically detect your hardware and begin working, yet for doing so, it does not take full advantage of your hardware.

Just use Cast to Nicehash pool and you will probably make more than 48euros a day.

take care!

ah okay thanks! From your experience it is obvious that it works very well for youso it might be worth it to give it a try and point Cast XMR to use Nicehash pool. I installed the most recent version of Nicehash Legacy -which is the fastest, btw, whether you use nVidia or AMD cards- and never thought it would use Cast XMR, which in my case doesn't. I performed the Precise benchmark and after several hours of testing, when it started mining it used Sgminer, with great results that aren't far off from what you can achieve with Cast XMR, that has to be said. When I mentioned that I meant that I'd like to have Cast XMR listed among Nicehash miners, but haven't seen it. Sgminer is doing a very good job though, only a tad slower, but quite fractionally slower! Surprisingly so.

As for WinMiner, well, it has its advantages and disadvantages, but you can cash out pretty easily using Paypal (that's huge for me) or convert the money into an investment in Litecoin, Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. Their web interface is also very good, and it kind helps to check market tendencies. It's not perfect and as you say meant to be easy to use, so it's not the fastest. It'd be great if Cast XMR creator could integrate his program into WinMiner list of miners.

For now, both programs can work at the same time but I tested both simultaneously, having WinMiner just in memory, actually not mining, not doing anything, and Cast XMR gets to a point where it hangs when WinMiner is in memory even if you aren't using WinMiner to mine and everything says idle in it.

As for the money..., well, Nicehash can be relatively fast, 2 days ago was mining at an average of 55€ (EUROS) a day, however it also heavily depends on the market tendencies, like WinMiner. It's better to use Cast XMR and a dedicated pool and..., well, that's what I did until very recently.

Mined for about 2 months using Cast XMR (sometimes other programs depending on the coin, but mostly Cast XMR) and now I am hodling what I mined, so I am having lots of fun trying easy to use programs like Nicehash and WinMiner. Just for testing purposes or simply to cash out and buy more GPUs. Plus I study programming so sometimes it's easier for me to just let the rigs I've built mine, not worrying about coin prices and market movement. Total war to distractions, at those times.. Best regards
kristikun

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:25:32 PM

Enjoy making less money.

Bye!

as of now claymore is more profitable than nicehash cryptonight Wink im enjoyin it
AlexanderDumas

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:25:29 PM

i wrote that dual claymore isnt as profitable as other cryptonight coins Cheesy  but in 1 month it will be for sure so i want to start adjusting my rig for Claymore dual  thats why i asked if there is some1 who  is currently running 6vegas + or more on Dual Claymore

Enjoy making less money.

Bye!

as of now claymore is more profitable than nicehash cryptonight Wink im enjoyin it
It lasted for about 20 minutes...
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: