Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 06:00:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530496 times)
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:53:51 AM

I'm yearning for CoinControl in the ANC wallet.
Back in the past I experienced small issues with the Changes :-(

Greets, hope I can contribute sometime to Anoncoin! Problem is that Contributing for One Coin and One Community is taking all your attention nowadays^^

Go for it ANC I am rooting for you Smiley

We will be very happy that you can spend some time to be part of ANC ,
this post from you show that ANC is not just a coin.
And you are not from the street, you are guy who know something, and see potential of this project.
ANC is revolution, with his devs and team, i2P and other anonymity projects.

Time is like that when we/ppl "must have" news every day or week,
and now we waiting gnosis for ZC..

If you ask me, nothing is black or white,
I think with "just" meeh's knowledge and power to work on anonymity, ANC have potential to be No1 anon coin.

Ofc I expect zerocoin, that is the plan, and plans must be done.  But that is just a new step and new start for ANC.

drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:36:54 PM

eh, where were these sellers when I needed them

: )

any news what I don't know, or somebody must have 100$ for a weekend?

meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 03:54:55 PM

Skaia, payment time for you too. PM address please Smiley

prospect

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:40:05 PM

How far has the development concerning zerocoin gone? Do you think you will be able to do it? When i joined the IRC channel people told me that it have been worked on for the last 6 months or so.

Regards
drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:44:49 PM

How far has the development concerning zerocoin gone? Do you think you will be able to do it? When i joined the IRC channel people told me that it have been worked on for the last 6 months or so.

Regards

Hi,   I know you didn't ask me, I'll be free to respond you,
 thing is that we wait other dev , gnosis,
he is very limited with time, but there is a progress, and I hope that we will see some news from him soon.

drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

Now I see why this funny guy/s is selling today

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700558.0

not a scam at all.....................
niteglider

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:30:55 PM

Here is a mutlicoin tipping app on facebook which is looking to add a few alt coins to their servers:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MultiCoinTipping/permalink/752043308192691/

Get on and vote for ANC... all press is good press, right?

drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:33:43 PM

Now I see why this funny guy/s is selling today

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700558.0

not a scam at all.....................

2% premine? *cough*

You deserve a reward for noticing it though.

Please pm your deposit address to meeh.

Grin

don't be so rough, that is why you are  not 2nd poster on twitter or you are only?  ; )

to respond on your  "It is good to have individuals taking steps without needing a boss."

We have individuals, but now there hands are almost bound.
I do not track other coins much, I think ANC is only with such procedure like implanting ZC.
Bad thing, that is working only one man on such big thing for ANC , as we know..

For now , boss is what ANC need! And I believe ANC boss meeh.
But I do not know much about boss dev of ANC/ZC gnosis,
except that meeh believe him, and on that way I believe in Gnosis  : )

Changes with logo, motto etc.  is easy to change, but I agree it is good to be strong, and to have them now..

Other thing what is missing this community is voting,
maybe we can vote for every decision,  and on that way we attract more people into the conversation.

From that we get to another "problem" , Who will work on forum logistic ??

Nobody jump out..   why?   Ppl don't have motivation until they waiting..

EVERYTHING will change after ZC!  Mark my words Pablo  Cool
SmokingSkull

Activity: 298

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:52:31 PM

I mean, the ZeroCoin implementation is a very big goal.
I believe the programmer/s are capable of doing so.

What I ask myself however if the ZC implementation brings this coin forward in a big way.

Will Anoncoin/Zerocoin not be obsolete once ZeroCash launches end of 2014?

In theory the Anonymity level is like that (from low to high)

Cloakcoin/Darkcoin - Anoncoin(with ZC) - Zerocash

That statement does not make the Development redundant, however I ask myself if the people holding the Coin will be able to profit from this : ) I hope it will go off like a bomb and gets the Coin to Coindesk and other famous news sites, but from my experience ... I'm not sure.

How do you guys feel about it?

Most Coins are Shitcoins
drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:05:29 PM

What I ask myself however if the ZC implementation brings this coin forward in a big way.

That statement does not make the Development redundant, however I ask myself if the people holding the Coin will be able to profit from this : ) I hope it will go off like a bomb and gets the Coin to Coindesk and other famous news sites, but from my experience ... I'm not sure.

It is not that simple like you say, but in real crypto life, it is.
There's a many difference between DRK now, and ANC tomorrow with meeh and team..
And there is difference between ANC with ZC , and maybe Zerocash release..

If I sing up on forum today , and read about example DRK-ANC-Zcash , and must chose today,
DRK is fold, pump'ndump from what I see..
 ANC/ZC  vs Zerocash,
 I will buy ANC.

I can not guarantee you profit, maybe not 1000$/ANC in 1-2 year, but 100-200$ per ANC I can see soon.
Even without ZC I see good future in ANC!

So, do not be afraid, buy of 100 ANC will not kill you  : )

EDIT:  two of members spend lot of time to work on this site, please read and get back with opinion for precious ANC

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_Wiki

niteglider

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:12:57 PM

"Other thing what is missing this community is voting,
maybe we can vote for every decision,  and on that way we attract more people into the conversation."

I think you are right, if people are able to participate more, they might participate more.

"From that we get to another "problem" , Who will work on forum logistic ??"

What do you mean?  What is needed with regard to the forum?

drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:18:53 PM

"Other thing what is missing this community is voting,
maybe we can vote for every decision,  and on that way we attract more people into the conversation."

I think you are right, if people are able to participate more, they might participate more.

"From that we get to another "problem" , Who will work on forum logistic ??"

What do you mean?  What is needed with regard to the forum?

We need active members, not just to be online..
Maybe you are not follow this thread, but there is not much posts,
ANC is online over 1 year..
Some coins get 100 pages in 30 days, but not quality coins..

So, we need new ppl, attract them. With less posts and conversation we can not make any goal.

lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:20:47 PM

Here is the anoncoin wiki article describing the difference between zerocoin and zerocash

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocash

Zerocash has two major problems: The setup requires trusted third parties, and the total money supply can not be monitored.
drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:31:50 PM

Pablo , yes, sorry for my english, but I would feel like gay if I write every time sorry for.... Smiley

Things changing, and there is no template for success. I know you "hate" promoting on way that is not for reason.
I will think of that after we have bigger community then is now.

If tomorrow we have ZC in ANC, and price  is still down, you will say it is ok..
We have full anonymity , no buyers, who cares..
That is not how it should be.

I do not know why is bothering you site like anoncoinbuy..    bad english ...  but it is something.
And I buy and get fast very good t-shirt  : )

You are spend more then 10 minutes on ANC!

Meeh donating for real , and why, I think because he do not have 10 minutes to spend on forum or wiki or anoncoin site,
and that is why he thanks to ppl on that way, and encourages them to continue.

SmokingSkull

Activity: 298

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:33:59 PM

Interesting...

Thanks for the input guys!

After reading it I ask myself why they want to bring forward Zerocash and abandoned the idea of Zerocoin... until meeh and gnosis worked on implementation.
It is however a great advantage because all transactions are anonymous ... well well.  Huh

Most Coins are Shitcoins
drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:44:15 PM

My opinion is that votes are an obstacle to growth and innovation.

Our community is much more than that. We need more passionate people as all people already contributed to ANC (near or far, whatever).

If you have an idea, develops it. If it works, that's great, if not, just go next!

And... we already have voters... they are the people on Cryptsy that buy or sold ANC everday Grin

Sellers, most of them are traders, try to catch more ANC.
You can see few days of no trading, and today dump..
and other sellers are miners, with 5+5+5 coins ANC going down..  it is sad to watch sometime

That will dramatically UP change soon : )
lunokhod2

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:45:48 PM

Keep in mind

When bitcoin was released it was state of the art. Quickly others improved it. Now its algorhytm is considered primitive. People still value bitcoin because it was the first major attempt to take a credible poke at the corrupt financial system. It never needed hype yet it will always have value.

Looking at trends in crypto, it makes no sense whatsoever to imagine any coin will have long term value because of its algorhythm, sha or script or zerocoin or whatever. More and more devs are getting interested in coins. Soon govt wankers who make $200k a year writing Orwellian stuff for the nsa or gchq will realize they can make far more with coins. There will be coins with a 1 megabyte blockchain, etc etc. All completely meaningless because soon after that will be the 100 kilobyte blockchain etc. Maybe just one simple number that sums up all past transactions plus the current block.

Anoncoin and every other coin will either attract people for 'political' (using the term broadly) reasons, or it will sink.

Anoncoin has a huge headstart over almost every other coin but it seems people are backing away from its real value in favor of short term things like zerocoin. Important short term things but still short term.
I agree with almost everything you say, but....

Why do you think that Zerocoin is some sort of short-term fad with no value?

As you are certainly aware, having all of your transactions on a public ledger, open for all to see, is just inviting someone to connect addresses with real names: This is exactly what people in the government, international corporations, and law enforcement want to do!

Zerocoin offers a way to make transactions anonymously (in the sense that they can't link the origin and destination of a transaction). Isn't this a good thing? No other coin offers this kind of anonymity. This seems to fit in with your political philosophy...

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocoin

drAGon925

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:57:22 PM

Pablo , yes, sorry for my english, but I would feel like gay if I write every time sorry for.... Smiley

Things changing, and there is no template for success. I know you "hate" promoting on way that is not for reason.
I will think of that after we have bigger community then is now.

If tomorrow we have ZC in ANC, and price  is still down, you will say it is ok..
We have full anonymity , no buyers, who cares..
That is not how it should be.

I do not know why is bothering you site like anoncoinbuy..    bad english ...  but it is something.
And I buy and get fast very good t-shirt  : )

You are spend more then 10 minutes on ANC!

Meeh donating for real , and why, I think because he do not have 10 minutes to spend on forum or wiki or anoncoin site,
and that is why he thanks to ppl on that way, and encourages them to continue.

Please do not make fun of gay people.

The developers of gaycoin, Henry Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzhenry along with their Chinese developer Chu Man Chu are among the best developers today.

Why do you say anoncoinbuy bothered me? I do not care for coinpayments but anoncoinbuy is a good site. I think it is early in the coins development to promote it that way and I may criticize anoncoinbuy on technical issues but the site itself and the idea are good.

You keep tracking them, I do not have any problems , but you know what I try to say with that words,
or you don't,
but I hope my english is not problem for you.

Maybe I get you wrong, few times you mentioned anoncoinbuy,  so I respond on that.
Skaia can do much more, he made that site in few hours I think..

Like I wrote few times before, ppl waits for news, and then everything go straight..

lunokhod2

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:37:30 PM

Why do you think that Zerocoin is some sort of short-term fad with no value?

As you are certainly aware, having all of your transactions on a public ledger, open for all to see, is just inviting someone to connect addresses with real names: This is exactly what people in the government, international corporations, and law enforcement want to do!

Zerocoin offers a way to make transactions anonymously (in the sense that they can't link the origin and destination of a transaction). Isn't this a good thing? No other coin offers this kind of anonymity. This seems to fit in with your political philosophy...

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocoin

You midunderstand the point.

In the 1980s maybe there was a digital currency that was state of the art for 5 years.

In the 1990s the best deverlopment might have lasted 3 years.

When bitcoin was released it was the most advanced coin for roughly a year or two.

So if zerocoin is released today will all of the new developers flooding into coins just say "well, zerocoin has been released, there is no further development necessary, party's over, everyone go back to their regular job"?

Probably it will be a week or two until the first major improvement another developer adds to it.

Within 5 weeks the zerocoin protocol will be antiquated. Its a step not a destination.
Ok, agreed. Nevertheless, anonymity is a political statement in itself. Bitcoin turned down the opportunity to implement zerocoin...
rottentomatoes

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:07:14 PM

How safe is chatting throught this?
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: