Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
best_btc

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:48:18 PM

the altcoins start to wake from the slumber, on btc-e are rallies. i hope its contagious.

XRP:  rNnou9B7snYUPPQdH9KP4D9JQ7EJXTKN4G
BTC:  1ELy69CQ8u77qYvjgfZBFxcyNNyrtcQFFR
I wrote already to BTC-e, Mtgox support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard:
 http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:
https://twitter.com/MtGox
https://support.mtgox.com/home

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:00:41 PM

I was thinking of that, the post idea is pretty good, we always need good human judges of work. What if we posted hashes of our work through a browser add-on that connects to Devtome? We sign in to the Add-on it connects to Devtome and we simply highlight what we want hashed and send it to Devtome ... this can create far more content. It just makes it more managable to share work anywhere. Plus we can easily advertise and guide others to everyone's posts over the internet not just Devtome... lots of marketing opportunities.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:27:51 PM

I was thinking of that, the post idea is pretty good, we always need good human judges of work. What if we posted hashes of our work through a browser add-on that connects to Devtome? We sign in to the Add-on it connects to Devtome and we simply highlight what we want hashed and send it to Devtome ... this can create far more content. It just makes it more managable to share work anywhere. Plus we can easily advertise and guide others to everyone's posts over the internet not just Devtome... lots of marketing opportunities.

Search engines don't like duplicate content, it would just be spam basically.
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:08:24 PM

Devtome request - when submitting articles could you also list them (formatted) on the front page under 'Most recent'.

This obviously makes the admins' jobs easier, but also with the incorporation of improving vetting - views and ratings - as factors in determining compensation it means if you don't do it nobody will see them, file them, read them ... so any consequent return will be lower, perhaps considerably.
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:12:27 PM

If we really want people to hold why don't we convert to PoW/PoS?

please explain.

Sorry if I am incorrect but I believe that we can make it so that interest will generate on stake.  (but then merge mining will not be possible, right?)
best_btc

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:13:03 PM

fill out again, or for the first time the BTCCHINA poll, request at question 7./ other: add DVC
http://translate.google.hu/translate?hl=hu&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sojump.com%2Fjq%2F2849717.aspx

XRP:  rNnou9B7snYUPPQdH9KP4D9JQ7EJXTKN4G
BTC:  1ELy69CQ8u77qYvjgfZBFxcyNNyrtcQFFR
I wrote already to BTC-e, Mtgox support to add DVC (again). you all should write them too, let our voices be heard:
 http://hdbtce.kayako.com/
and also Mtgox:
https://twitter.com/MtGox
https://support.mtgox.com/home
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:15:06 PM

Search engines don't like duplicate content, it would just be spam basically.

just hashes, like magnet links... it's linked to devtome, but you just find the content instead of duplicating it.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:27:37 PM

Hey all, if you haven't checked out Rapidballs DVC Lotto yet, it's a good time to. As the site grows, more features will be added as well, such as a raffle system that is already on the WDC version of the site, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:37:49 AM

Hey all, if you haven't checked out Rapidballs DVC Lotto yet, it's a good time to. As the site grows, more features will be added as well, such as a raffle system that is already on the WDC version of the site, Smiley.

Did you code it?   It's a well-written web page!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:41:17 AM

Did you code it?   It's a well-written web page!

I didn't and don't own it, but I love the concept and it gives a great use for DVC (it's the first gambling site as far as I know). Hoping it's a gateway to getting some more sites going for DVC, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:56:00 AM

I support a limit on forum posts to aid in clarity and focus. It delivers a clearer message to potential participants and investor. Maybe a higher post count per month though.

Since no admin objected, the post limit will be sixty instead of the original 40, because I remember that someone suggested 60, although I can't find that post or message. Also no duplicate posts for any reason.

Aegis moderators, please delete any duplicate posts and any posts of anyone who posts more than sixty times per month on this thread.

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:03:36 AM

Koguma's permanent seed node at 23.94.28.23 has been put into the DNS as dvcstable05.dvcnode.org by Mark.

Koguma will get 2/5 of a share for as long as he maintains the node.

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:17:22 AM

As per Unthinkingbits Bounty Evaluation guidelines at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg3658756#msg3658756  I would like to propose a bounty for an Android devcoin wallet.

Presently I am using a Goldcoin (GLD) wallet to spread awareness of virtual currencies. It only takes a few minutes for some one to download the wallet app, and for me to scan their QR code and send them some coins. This would be a big step for devcoin. It would allow us all to tip anyone anywhere anytime. I will put my money where my mouth is, I pledge 300,000 devcoins towards this, whether or not there is an official bounty. It has to work like the Goldcoin wallet (identical to the btc, ltc, ftc wallet), with QR codes, back up keys, etc.

That would be great, it would take a lot of work so I suggest a 48 share bounty for the first devcoin wallet like the Goldcoin wallet, then 24 shares for the second wallet. It must be a native Android application, not devcoin running on Linux running on Android like what Weisoq mentioned:

There was a start on android compatability here: http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_android (although not really what you're talking about, I'm listing it in case it helps anyone develop things further).

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:25:50 AM

Well, if anyone can suggest a bounty then I will to!

I propose a 12 share bounty for a devcoin exchange and marketplace, sort of like bitmit except you can deposit bitcoin or litecoin and trade them for devcoin.

I agree, if there's no objections in four days this will go into force. I think it's going to be a bit harder than a 12 share bounty, so I suggest 18 shares, then 9 for the second one.

I'm working on adding it to tagcoin exchange... many different fiat's can be deposited (FinCen regulated) and tagcoin/bitcoin/devcoin would be traded.

That's another good way of implementing it. Any reasonable devcoin exchange gets the bounty.

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:35:06 AM

I'm proposing a dismantling of Devtome and a re-packaging of its content onto separate websites.  These will be more reader friendly, more search engine friendly and more advertiser friendly. 

That's the strength of Devtome, the content, and the 'packaging' of that content is very important.

No. Devtome will stay as it is because it takes more work to make several sites. You would need several websites, advertising accounts, rating runs, and maybe extra sign up admins and article admins. We don't have enough admins now even just for devtome. I'm covering the gaps we have, there's just not enough people to do more.

In the future, if devcoin market capitalization ever reaches ten million, then we could look at somehow making sub sites or blog sites. Before that point there are a lot of other sites to make, for example for video, design, etc..

weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:36:26 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 11:58:15 AM by weisoq

No. Devtome will stay as it is because it takes more work to make several sites. You would need several websites, advertising accounts, rating runs, and maybe extra sign up admins and article admins. We don't have enough admins now even just for devtome. I'm covering the gaps we have, there's just not enough people to do more.

In the future, if devcoin market capitalization ever reaches ten million, then we could look at somehow making sub sites or blog sites. Before that point there are a lot of other sites to make, for example for video, design, etc..

Some thoughts - 2 ideas:

1) The simplest thing would be to develop upon the exisiting Devcoin.org as a fuller information source, akin to bitcoin.org/bitcoin wiki - with updated links and information. There'd be little/no contention as (bar collective effort stuff) it would be devcoin related only. But that could still encompass links on businesses, marketing, companies, gaming, OTransactions that cross the crypto spectrum.

The fundamental rationale being it would offer a better initial portal to Devcoin and Devtome. To date the majority of interest in cryptocurrencies is by those interested in cryptocurrencies, who are more likely to refer to a specific site tailored to e-money than to a broader site. It would then be a pivot towards naturally highlighting Devtome etc for those who want to know more. That sort of migration is something that's increasingly difficult via Devtome (due to breadth) and this thread (due to the number of threads/alts/posts).

2) Edit - I feel this just isn't going to happen is it, but I'll say it anyway: Leaving devtome as is then creating a new Crypto focused blog site. There would be no requirement for new ratings/vetting because content would just be lifted from Devtome where it was appropriate and focused. Already some of the Devtome content emenates from blogs, so there cannot be any principled objection to the principle of cross-referral (perhaps in practice). The difference here would be in reverse. It would allow an opportunity to experiment, to trial and error formats/styles/views/advertising without taking anything away from the pre-existence of Devtome as the repository of origin. I think this is particularly relevant as all Devtome content is already open-source.

The effort would perhaps only have to cost an initial reasonable bounty with the pre-requisite being it stands or falls on self-funding revenue. That could be done one of 3 ways, or a mixture of them: i) Those interested in having their writings added pay the administrator to do so; ii) The administrator receives a % of revenue to maintain it; ii) Advertising revenue only. Whatever the choice, if revenue is inadequate to support continued maintenance then it folds naturally through lack of interest and we have a better assessment of inherent value. So yes that would require at least one subjective view on quality and relevance but if anyone was interested enough to try it could be funded whereby that person is also tied-in to only mutual success as driver for article selection. That means it's just an 'add-on' that could maybe catalyse those parties whose writings are incorporated - again just a means of trying things out to see if they work or not. I don't know how prospective revenue sources would respond to this dynamic - although if the existing remit of Devtome as a source for writings found elsewhere works I can't see how the reverse couldn't.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:48:42 AM

I'm proposing a dismantling of Devtome and a re-packaging of its content onto separate websites.  These will be more reader friendly, more search engine friendly and more advertiser friendly. 

That's the strength of Devtome, the content, and the 'packaging' of that content is very important.

Ok that's fair enough. 
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:11:53 PM

Some thoughts - 2 ideas:

1) The simplest thing would be to develop upon the exisiting Devcoin.org as a fuller information source, akin to bitcoin.org/bitcoin wiki - with updated links and information. There'd be little/no contention as (bar collective effort stuff) it would be devcoin related only. But that could still encompass links on businesses, marketing, companies, gaming, OTransactions that cross the crypto spectrum.

The fundamental rationale being it would offer a better initial portal to Devcoin and Devtome. To date the majority of interest in cryptocurrencies is by those interested in cryptocurrencies, who are more likely to refer to a specific site tailored to e-money than to a broader site. It would then be a pivot towards naturally highlighting Devtome etc for those who want to know more. That sort of migration is something that's increasingly difficult via Devtome (due to breadth) and this thread (due to the number of threads/alts/posts).

2) Edit - I feel this just isn't going to happen is it, but I'll say it anyway: Leaving devtome as is then creating a new Crypto focused blog site. There would be no requirement for new ratings/vetting because content would just be lifted from Devtome where it was appropriate and focused. Already some of the Devtome content emenates from blogs, so there cannot be any principled objection to the principle of cross-referral (perhaps in practice). The difference here would be in reverse. It would allow an opportunity to experiment, to trial and error formats/styles/views/advertising without taking anything away from the pre-existence of Devtome as the repository of origin. I think this is particularly relevant as all Devtome content is already open-source.

The effort would perhaps only have to cost an initial reasonable bounty with the pre-requisite being it stands or falls on self-funding revenue. That could be done one of 3 ways, or a mixture of them: i) Those interested in having their writings added pay the administrator to do so; ii) The administrator receives a % of revenue to maintain it; ii) Advertising revenue only. Whatever the choice, if revenue is inadequate to support continued maintenance then it folds naturally through lack of interest and we have a better assessment of inherent value. So yes that would require at least one subjective view on quality and relevance but if anyone was interested enough to try it could be funded whereby that person is also tied-in to only mutual success as driver for article selection. That means it's just an 'add-on' that could maybe catalyse those parties whose writings are incorporated - again just a means of trying things out to see if they work or not. I don't know how prospective revenue sources would respond to this dynamic - although if the existing remit of Devtome as a source for writings found elsewhere works I can't see how the reverse couldn't.

+1 The crypto site would be nice. I feel it is alot of work reorganizing devtome let alone pulling info to create a new stylized web hub. However coupled with my proposed change on how bouties are administered and paid I think anything is actually possible. If we simply say hey I will throw in 300k dvc and dvc is still falling in value I doubt we will find anyone to do a good job.. like always.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:43:08 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 10:57:54 PM by jasinlee

We are having a few new more inventive attacks on the site (ever since we shut off registration). Here and there you may notice a brief outage, just refresh your page and you should be back on. I am working on a solution.

93.115.84.195 is the IP that is launching the attack.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:06:49 AM

The round 29 receiver files have been uploaded to:
http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/receiver_29.csv
http://devcoinpool.btc-music.com/receiver/receiver_29.csv
http://devcoinblockexplorer.info/receiver/receiver_29.csv
http://devtome.com/files/receiver_29.csv
http://devcoin.darkgamex.ch/receiver_29.csv
http://d.evco.in/receiver/receiver_29.csv
http://show-me-the-devcoin.info/devtome/receiver_29.csv
http://coinfaucets.tk/receiver_29.csv
http://creativecurrencies.cu.cc/wp-content/uploads/receiver_29.csv

The account file is at:
http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/account_29.csv

There were 369 original receiver lines, so the average number of devcoins per share is 180,000,000 dvc / 369 = 487,805 dvc. Administrator pay is 45.0 shares, 12.2 percent of the total. The value at vircurex is 0.195 mcbtc/dvc, which works out to 0.0951 btc. This times the bitstamp price of 805$ gives a share price of 77$.

People on that list will start getting those coins in round 29, starting at block 116,000. The procedure for generating the receiver files is at:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin#generating_the_files

The next bounties will go into round 30:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/bounty_30.csv

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: