Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 07:23:21 PM

Is it scam or dead coin? show up few days as active to upgrade the coin value. But now all are gone. May be they come to took their profit and after that they gone. 

What on earth are you talking about? this is one of the oldest coins in crypto.

All the newbies these days seem to need to find something to call a "scam". Must be a right of passage or something. Gone are the days of research....

That person is new and supposedly has a lot of different crapcoins based on their posts. They're just trying to boost their post count so they can account farm/sell BCT accounts.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:24:02 PM

Is it scam or dead coin? show up few days as active to upgrade the coin value. But now all are gone. May be they come to took their profit and after that they gone. 

All the newbies these days seem to need to find something to call a "scam". Must be a right of passage or something. Gone are the days of research....

I completely agree. It's rare that a noob will even read a page, let alone a thread. it's because they don't research that there are so many scams on BCT.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
mahabu02

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:28:46 AM

I completely agree. It's rare that a noob will even read a page, let alone a thread. it's because they don't research that there are so many scams on BCT.
I know , this coin is the one of oldest coins. But have no price movement. Have no active dev to improve the price. have only one exchanging market. and that is https://www.coingather.com/exchange/DVC/BTC . How can I believe , this coin still alive?
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:45:59 PM

I know , this coin is the one of oldest coins. But have no price movement. Have no active dev to improve the price. have only one exchanging market. and that is https://www.coingather.com/exchange/DVC/BTC . How can I believe , this coin still alive?

Some things get better with age. As long as there is an active blockchain, the coin is alive and, can be traded as long as one exchange hosts a wallet. Lots of projects have come back from the edge in the present market, no reason this one can't.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
niceli

Activity: 197
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:44:42 PM

As a silent holder, just wanted to thank the devs for their efforts. Back in the day I've also been writing Devtome posts and whatnot and always liked the devcoin idea. Even if it is quite around DVC now, maybe it will ressurect at some point.
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 05:14:57 PM

As a silent holder, just wanted to thank the devs for their efforts. Back in the day I've also been writing Devtome posts and whatnot and always liked the devcoin idea. Even if it is quite around DVC now, maybe it will ressurect at some point.

@R-J-F @niceli, I do appreciate your feedback a lot! It only encourages us to keep working hard Smiley This time we really want to make it better. Please stay tuned and don't worry about the price fluctuations, we are still on baby steps, things will improve as we make progress!

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
HHWlife

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:25:40 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 02:43:24 AM by HHWlife

@R-J-F @niceli, I do appreciate your feedback a lot! It only encourages us to keep working hard Smiley This time we really want to make it better. Please stay tuned and don't worry about the price fluctuations, we are still on baby steps, things will improve as we make progress!

are you working on devcoin fulltime or partime? if not do you know what happen to the original founder or any dev is currently working on it? im interested in buying some bc i like its long history and its potential. maybe we can start with community support and create discord or slack. thanks.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 05:57:38 AM

are you working on devcoin fulltime or partime? if not do you know what happen to the original founder or any dev is currently working on it? im interested in buying some bc i like its long history and its potential. maybe we can start with community support and create discord or slack. thanks.

Kind of part-time. The original founder still collaborates a little with the maintenance of current Devcoin blockchain. He has not shown any interest on changing how Devcoin works AFAIK. I'm running a plan to rebird Devcoin, all investors are welcome!

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
develCuy

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 07:12:27 PM

DISCUSSION ON THE FUTURE OF DEVCOIN

First of all, thanks everyone for your patience! I had to take a time to discuss internally with the people that expressed support to my initiative of hardforking Devcoin. I waited a reasonable amount of time for their answers. Now is time to make the discussion public.

Yes! I'm planning to hardfork Devcoin! this is the actual plan:

1. Define a new Rewards Distribution System (RDS) for new generated Devcoins (a new policy for the receiver_xx.csv files)
2. Define a new Inflation Rate Strategy (IRS O_o!), no more wild generation of Devcoins!
3. Implement RDS & IRS in tesnet
4. Hardfork Devcoin

I know Devcoin has many downsides, but we have some strengths: Many people is holding Devcoin! We are not starting from scratch. There is still an exchange site supporting this project and an strong force of miners giving live to Devcoin's blockchain.

Everyone interested on the future of Devcoin, please share your insights on RDS & IRS. We need a fair system that ensures we are rewarding people that are actually serving the purpose of Devcoin, along with managing the inflation rate in a way that promotes Devcoin's ecosystem.

I look forward to your feedback Devcoiners!

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:22:00 PM

First of all, thanks everyone for your patience! I had to take a time to discuss internally with the people that expressed support to my initiative of hardforking Devcoin. I waited a reasonable amount of time for their answers. Now is time to make the discussion public.

1. Define a new Rewards Distribution System (RDS) for new generated Devcoins (a new policy for the receiver_xx.csv files)
2. Define a new Inflation Rate Strategy (IRS O_o!), no more wild generation of Devcoins!
4. Hardfork Devcoin

I know Devcoin has many downsides, but we have some strengths: Many people is holding Devcoin! We are not starting from scratch. There is still an exchange site supporting this project and an strong force of miners giving live to Devcoin's blockchain.

Everyone interested on the future of Devcoin, please share your insights on RDS & IRS. We need a fair system that ensures we are rewarding people that are actually serving the purpose of Devcoin, along with managing the inflation rate in a way that promotes Devcoin's ecosystem.

FWIW, I'm still around and do read the PMs. I haven't chimed in on your previous ones because I don't feel like I know enough to really give solid input on its direction. This is an unprecedented area for me (reviving a project like this) and don't really want any mishaps to be due to my ignorance when pushing ideas that may get passed.

As a result, I'm fairly open to what you guys feel is best.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Papacrusher

Activity: 218

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:55:43 PM

I am a sign up administrator and contributing writer to devtome.  I support whatever the general consensus from the community is for what is best for the health of DVC.  I am definitely not tech savvy, but I am still available to assist with any aspects of DVC in regards to writing, writers, etc.

HHWlife

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:39:07 PM

4. Hardfork Devcoin

when is the hardfork?
i can still leave my dvc in CoinGather after hardfork right?
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:58:53 AM

...We are not starting from scratch.
...need a fair system that ensures we are rewarding people that are actually serving the purpose of Devcoin...
As Sidhujag noted, if you plan to fundamentally modify generation and distribution then need to start anew. ~14bn existing supply so perception & economics of a change won't fly otherwise:

1) Would look dodgy.

2) Wouldn't make sense to expect fundamental change. Already constant generation = falling rate of supply growth as a percentage of total per period. Simply adjusting that lower means very little at this point (relatively tiny numerator/relatively huge denominator).

3) If you do it anyway and maintain current framework, need to recognise that price is basically pegged to an implied monetary measure of work via distribution. This is primarily a quality/community/enthusiasm/acceptance problem, not a technical problem.

i.e. DVC/BTC currently = Implied $ value of a share/(DVC per share/(BTC/USD)). Getting DVC/BTC higher requires increasing $ value of a share and/or lowering DVC per share.

4) If you do it anyway and maintain a [different] generation/distribution framework you need to seriously consider how you'll overcome (3) and how legacy supply and perception will feed into mechanics and assumptions about the future.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 04:38:16 PM

DeVCoin is fine the way it is, what needs working on is the shares allocation.

The Devtome wiki was a nice idea, and actually it probably is still a nice idea, but it has not been making money yet has still been getting the lion's share of the generated coins, which has served to massively reduce the amount of devcoins people actually developing software have been getting and the amount of coins paying for hosting for our stable nodes.

So if we have not done so already we should limit how much goes to devtome by dividing only some specific fraction of all the coins among the shares that are about the devtome.

Since so far we have only two categories really, one being devtome the other being everything else, we should probably separate the shares into devtome shares and other shares and assign half the generated coins to devtome shares the other half to everything else.

That should make at least a start toward correcting the huge problem that devtome has turned out to be, and might help get more attention put into software development.

Personally I would like to see three categories reallky, one being devtome, one being the Galactic Milieu, the third being everything else.

That is partly because flooding the markets with devcoins via devtome has constantly undermined the Galactic Milieu's attempts to support the markets, to the point where eventually all the devcoins-versus-bitcoins markets have vanished, leaving us only paired now against litecoin which is a coin most of the Galactic Milieu never wanted to touch. Folks are reluctant to invest in litecoin vs devcoin markets for fear of getting stuck with litecoins.

Also, having a constant supply of DeVCoins coming into the Milieu will greatly help ensure that players actively harvesting resources in the various aspects of the game can always reasonably expect to be able to trade resources for coins, as we can have a budget within the game enabling non-player-character companies nations etc to purchase resources.

I remind you all again of the conversion rates files stored at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

ALSO: It has come to my attention that to compile devcoin, and other coins that old, against Boost 1.58 instead of 1,54 you need the following sed command's effect:

Code:
sed -i 's/<const\ CScriptID\&/<CScriptID/' rpcrawtransaction.cpp

Maybe someone can make the corresponding change in the git repo?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
saifi ida

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:15:56 PM

If anything new news about devcoin we will wait if there is such as bounty and airdrop I will be very senag about it. thaks you.
develCuy

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 12:49:44 AM

...We are not starting from scratch.
...need a fair system that ensures we are rewarding people that are actually serving the purpose of Devcoin...
As Sidhujag noted, if you plan to fundamentally modify generation and distribution then need to start anew. ~14bn existing supply so perception & economics of a change won't fly otherwise:

1) Would look dodgy.

2) Wouldn't make sense to expect fundamental change. Already constant generation = falling rate of supply growth as a percentage of total per period. Simply adjusting that lower means very little at this point (relatively tiny numerator/relatively huge denominator).

3) If you do it anyway and maintain current framework, need to recognise that price is basically pegged to an implied monetary measure of work via distribution. This is primarily a quality/community/enthusiasm/acceptance problem, not a technical problem.

i.e. DVC/BTC currently = Implied $ value of a share/(DVC per share/(BTC/USD)). Getting DVC/BTC higher requires increasing $ value of a share and/or lowering DVC per share.

4) If you do it anyway and maintain a [different] generation/distribution framework you need to seriously consider how you'll overcome (3) and how legacy supply and perception will feed into mechanics and assumptions about the future.

I have two ideas in mind:

1. Start anew radically, everything from scratch, kill the old DVC, people should SELL all their current DVC stock to preserve a bit of their money
2. Make a hard cut. Implement a DVC RENEWAL SERVICE (DRS) where people can "submit" their current DVC so that it gets converted into the new DVC

#2 makes more sense for me. BUT we should set a conversion rate that pumps the new DVC up. For example a relation of 10,000 to 1. For every 10 thousand OLD DVC sent to DRS, you get 1 NEW DVC back. Maybe it should be 100K or 1 million, I'm open to proposals!

Lets say that DRS is implemented. On every round the new DVC Rewards Distribution System (RDS) should pay to the following FUNDS:

1. Fund to Convert OLD DVC into NEW DVC
2. Fund for Open Source Projects and Assets (Devtome?)
3. Fund to pay the staff (core team, mirrors, nodes)
4. Fund to pay miners

Then we have to figure out the Inflation Rate Strategy (IRS), how much DVC should be generated on every round? Should it be static or variable like STEEM?

develCuy

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 12:58:00 AM

The Devtome wiki was a nice idea, and actually it probably is still a nice idea, but it has not been making money yet has still been getting the lion's share of the generated coins, which has served to massively reduce the amount of devcoins people actually developing software have been getting and the amount of coins paying for hosting for our stable nodes.

So if we have not done so already we should limit how much goes to devtome by dividing only some specific fraction of all the coins among the shares that are about the devtome.

Since so far we have only two categories really, one being devtome the other being everything else, we should probably separate the shares into devtome shares and other shares and assign half the generated coins to devtome shares the other half to everything else.

That should make at least a start toward correcting the huge problem that devtome has turned out to be, and might help get more attention put into software development.

Personally I would like to see three categories reallky, one being devtome, one being the Galactic Milieu, the third being everything else.

That is partly because flooding the markets with devcoins via devtome has constantly undermined the Galactic Milieu's attempts to support the markets, to the point where eventually all the devcoins-versus-bitcoins markets have vanished, leaving us only paired now against litecoin which is a coin most of the Galactic Milieu never wanted to touch. Folks are reluctant to invest in litecoin vs devcoin markets for fear of getting stuck with litecoins.

Also, having a constant supply of DeVCoins coming into the Milieu will greatly help ensure that players actively harvesting resources in the various aspects of the game can always reasonably expect to be able to trade resources for coins, as we can have a budget within the game enabling non-player-character companies nations etc to purchase resources.

I remind you all again of the conversion rates files stored at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

Guess your focus is more on the assets than on DVC itself. We need assets in order to create value, and we should care about keeping that value into DVC, otherwise people will just exchange DVC for BTC again. Yet, before working on the assets, I want to focus on distribution of rewards (RDS) and inflation rate (IRS).

ALSO: It has come to my attention that to compile devcoin, and other coins that old, against Boost 1.58 instead of 1,54 you need the following sed command's effect:

Code:

-MarkM-

Thanks for that! I will give it a try and push new code accordingly.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 01:21:29 AM

Guess your focus is more on the assets than on DVC itself. We need assets in order to create value, and we should care about keeping that value into DVC, otherwise people will just exchange DVC for BTC again. Yet, before working on the assets, I want to focus on distribution of rewards (RDS) and inflation rate (IRS).

Code:

-MarkM-

Thanks for that! I will give it a try and push new code accordingly.

RDS is the big thing for me. For the past almost 2 years, over half the people on the receiver list have not only contributed nothing to the project, but haven't even made a statement that insinuates they're alive. Even so, I'm sure there are some that are dumping their coins as they get them (and are dumping because they've had to do absolutely nothing to "earn" them, so a satoshi or fraction of a satoshi for them is absolutely free money and they don't care anymore because they get paid regardless).

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 12:20:06 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 01:03:24 PM by markm

If there are people on the receiver list who are doing nothing, that is news to me. I thought such things were being reviewed?

Who actually admins those lists nowadays?

All this talk of screwing things around is bad, just make yourself a different coin if you do not like DeVCoin.

This thing has been running many years and is a unit of account for a lot of stuff.

There is way more DeVCoin-denominated debt than all the DeVCoins that have so far been minted nor will BE minted at the current rate for many years to come.

By all means lets go over every recipient on the receivers list to make sure they are still doing what they are being paid to do, and review whether things that actually cost out of pocket money, such as hosting, ae being paid enough to keep them online. Though also I think we might need to review what some are actually paying for hosting as it seems to me some of the begging I have seen from Devtome over they years seemed to want more money than hosting for it ought really to be costing?

Our biggest problem probably has been not having an exchange of our own, we have probably not beeing giving out enough shares for development of free open source exchange software, as far as I know there is still no such software out there, I would have run an exchange myself by now if there was. I have ended up starting to move toward using the HORIZON platform but then that too lost its exchange. We could really use good reliable exchange software so we can set up an exchange of our own that supports the merged-mined (alongside BiTCoin) coins and HORIZON.

A big problem with exchanges, in addition to lack of free open source code for running them, has been that they all seem to focus on volume, because that generates their fees. We need exchanges that are actually invested in the coins, exchanges where what is important is not VOLUME but, rather, LIQUIDITY. If you can at any time buy or sell a huge fraction of the total number of a given coin, that is what is important for determining its value and for whatever occassional actual settling-up needs to take place on an exchange. Maybe that bears repeating: WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS NOT HOW MUCH VOLUME ACTUALLY TAKES PLACE ON EXCHANGES, BUT SIMPLY THE CAPACITY (LIQUIDITY; NUMBER OF COINS AVAILABLE TO BUY OR SELL) WHETHER OR NOT THEY ACTUALLY DO GET BOUGHT OR SOLD ANY GIVEN YEAR OR MONTH OR DAY OR DECADE.  An exchange needs to just sit there year after year after year allowing a relative price to be discovered, that is all. Given the current prices, folks can trade privately or between Corps or Nations or Guilds etc etc etc. That is why we ended up simply putting a list of current rates online at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc though of course the more places offing such rates-charts the better, and the eisier it is for people to actually find folks to trade with at prices close to those shown on such tables the better. Note that we display those rates in terms of DeVCoins (that is, DeVCoins end up being shown as 1.00000000); that is not only because DeVCoin has usually been the cheapest coin thus providing the smallest granularity for measuring values, but also because there is so much DeVCoin-denominated debt out there that needs such tables in order to figure out how many of various other things it will take to pay their debts, given that there are never enough DeVCoins on the market to pay all that debt so they mostly end up using other things to pay it.

Remember that a lot of book-keeping only hits exchanges when there is an imbalance of trade; if two nations are trading and at the end of every year or few years or whatever of trading it turns out they have balanced trade, there is no settling-up needed that time around; if one has bought more goods than it has sold to the other then one big payment suffices to settle up for another years or few years or whatever. The need for an exchange is simply to determine what the actual current rate of exchange is between the two currencies. These balancing payments do not themselves even hit the exchanges.

Actually maybe to an extent the exchanges have served not only to figure out the relative values of currencies but also to manipulate the relative values, for example the fact that the amount of debt denominated in DeVCoins far far exceeds the number of DeVCoins in existence means there are a lot of debtors out there who always like to see a low price for DeVCoins so they can make their debt payments as inexpensively as possible. Some debts have been paid off completely in the last few years that were intended originally to run for at least another decade!

Look at General Financial Corp, its total assets currently show as 2031390503860.48024691 dDVC. Most of that is DVC-denominated debt. More than 2000 billions of DeVCoins! How many DeVCoins have been minted so far? Less than 20 billion still, is it?

Lets find out how much it is going to cost to get the merged-mined (alongside BiTCoin) coins, including DeVCoin, onto an exchange alongside HORIZON, and to get reliable, robust free open-source exchange software developed so we can run our own exchange if need be. Our problem is not with our coin but with exchanges constantly failing to reliably year after year provide the array of coins we need and, according to a recent post here, with who-ever is supposed to be keeping track of receivers not keeping track of them properly apparently. (?)

EDIT: If you really feel we need to mint less coins, we can simply allocate shares to a coin-destroying facility. No need to mess with the actual minting process. Also, note that holders of DeVCoin-denominated debt have a vested interest in increasing/upholding the value of DeVCoins so that the debt payments they receive from their debtors are more valuable, so you could consider favouring such folks when assigning shares, having reasonable confidence they will tend to try not to lower the value of the coin. Heck it is in their interest to simply hoard it. Smiley

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:27:57 PM

I have two ideas in mind...
I think you should first settle on how exactly ongoing distribution/reward will change. This proved difficult in the past because DVC rationale and goals differed.

As Ranlo's example intimated, DVC is merge-mined and therefore the floor on DVC value = minimum effort to acquire or earn them. If that effort can amount to zero, price trends to zero. This was debated some time ago and I hope now more clear.

Either DVC rewards OS development & effort (and demands more honest appraisal/compensation of contribution). Or it doesn't and joins a very long list of price-speculative alts. Or the new exists alongside the old... etc.

Given likely concentration of existing holdings, I doubt there's a universally fair way to covert old to new. But frankly, whilst important I think generation is secondary to distribution mechanics. There's not necessarily any correlation between coin supply and price or ubiquity (e.g. Ripple, Doge, Nem).

To answer your question though - I think you already know my preference, but I also think achieving non-zero price stability where implied value (average or lower bound on effort to attain them) is dynamic requires dynamic supply.
Pages: « 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 [346] 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: