Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71415 times)
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 05:13:26 AM

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOONLANDER--

Did you do any adjustments to the Core voltage pot?  I just got my MLD and have not touched the voltage pots.  It does OK on 700Hz frequency on stock settings but hardware errors get big at 720Hz.

Just asking before I touch the pots.  I am going steady at 3.9 MH/s at stock settings, 700Hz frequency.  I am running a single stick on a USB 3.0 port of the PC, running Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks for any help.       --scryptr

P.S.  Looks like a piece of Astroturf was pitched in the trash. Good riddance!  (spam post was deleted).       -scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hintsal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:39:45 PM

Did you do any adjustments to the Core voltage pot?  I just got my MLD and have not touched the voltage pots.  It does OK on 700Hz frequency on stock settings but hardware errors get big at 720Hz.

Just asking before I touch the pots.  I am going steady at 3.9 MH/s at stock settings, 700Hz frequency.  I am running a single stick on a USB 3.0 port of the PC, running Ubuntu 18.04.

P.S.  Looks like a piece of Astroturf was pitched in the trash. Good riddance!  (spam post was deleted).       -scryptr

Never touched the pots. Just ran it as usual in a powered USB strip. I'm just super unlucky. Mine screamed like a banshee after a few weeks I couldn't stand it and removed the fan. Then added 2 external fans. It ran cooler that way and much more stable. Then it decided it was done hashing. Le sigh.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:50:28 PM

Did you do any adjustments to the Core voltage pot?  I just got my MLD and have not touched the voltage pots.  It does OK on 700Hz frequency on stock settings but hardware errors get big at 720Hz.

Just asking before I touch the pots.  I am going steady at 3.9 MH/s at stock settings, 700Hz frequency.  I am running a single stick on a USB 3.0 port of the PC, running Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks for any help.       --scryptr

P.S.  Looks like a piece of Astroturf was pitched in the trash. Good riddance!  (spam post was deleted).       -scryptr

Never touched the pots. Just ran it as usual in a powered USB strip. I'm just super unlucky. Mine screamed like a banshee after a few weeks I couldn't stand it and removed the fan. Then added 2 external fans. It ran cooler that way and much more stable. Then it decided it was done hashing. Le sigh.

Yea, the fans were really bad. But jstefanop said they were cheap. So either these or some more expensive which would naturally reflect in miner price.
I removed fans after few weeks and also using external one. But miners works like a charm almost a year 24/7. So except the fans it's rock solid design IMO.

Honestly I was quite sure this won't make me profit (espeially because I used BTC for purchase). Just wanted to have some ... you know, maybe one day they'll be collectibles.

@scryptr: I did some small pot adjustment. The final setting is bit different for each stick. Default freq. is 600 (so HW err. at 720 without pot adj. is ... quite expectable).

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:52:51 PM

i have one that is consistently slower than the other ones.

i haven't adjusted anything, should i try for the core or memory? im running them at speed 796.

Bitfort

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:01:32 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 05:15:28 PM by Bitfort

i haven't adjusted anything, should i try for the core or memory? im running them at speed 796.

Definitely should tinker all of them.
You have 35%-40% HW error rate !!! ( HW are hardware errors) ... your miners are actually working only 60 - 65% capacity)

I'm keeping HW under 3%.

EDIT: Read the OP. There is guide how to test them (using --benchmark flag).

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:24:49 PM

You have 35%-40% HW error rate !!! ( HW are hardware errors) ... your miners are actually working only 60 - 65% capacity)

I'm keeping HW under 3%.

the hw rate on minera is calculated by accepted vs error. its not accurate. im running on a solo pool with very high worker diff.. so the accepted will be a low number compare to hwe

in bfgminer log its only 1.5%
[2018-09-27 19:24:18] 20s:34.65 avg:34.79 u:33.88 Mh/s | A:64840 R:230+0(.35%) HW:40689/1.5%

ive tried speed 756 and 768 and it still is the same.
Bitfort

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

I'm keeping HW under 3%.

the hw rate on minera is calculated by accepted vs error. its not accurate. im running on a solo pool with very high worker diff.. so the accepted will be a low number compare to hwe

[2018-09-27 19:24:18] 20s:34.65 avg:34.79 u:33.88 Mh/s | A:64840 R:230+0(.35%) HW:40689/1.5%

Then it's ok. Suprised you can go that high. Might be some lucky batch.

About the one miner try this:

I was running Moonlander 2 for a couple of weeks, from internal USB of the laptop and had stable 4.7MHz/s speed at 832 freq.
Now, I got a good quality 2A USB hub. I put the core voltage slightly up and frequency 852. For a couple of hours it gave me speed of 4.9MHz/s and then stopped. I put the voltage back to previous position but now, no matter what frequency I put I get a speed of 3.1-2.4 MHz. Anybody knows how to check if I damaged the device? E.g. is there a way to check number of alive cores?

Thanks!

Put "-D 2>log.txt" at the end of the bat command. Start it up and it will spit out the log.txt file in same directory. In there you will see startup sequence and it checks for number of active cores. Should say 64.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:30:43 PM

Shoot me a message...I have had almost zero failures reported from all of these shipped, so I'm always curious on what fails on these over a really long time. Would be interested in getting yours to dissect.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:33:43 PM

I'm keeping HW under 3%.

Then it's ok. Suprised you can go that high. Might be some lucky batch.

About the one miner try this:

I was running Moonlander 2 for a couple of weeks, from internal USB of the laptop and had stable 4.7MHz/s speed at 832 freq.
Now, I got a good quality 2A USB hub. I put the core voltage slightly up and frequency 852. For a couple of hours it gave me speed of 4.9MHz/s and then stopped. I put the voltage back to previous position but now, no matter what frequency I put I get a speed of 3.1-2.4 MHz. Anybody knows how to check if I damaged the device? E.g. is there a way to check number of alive cores?

Thanks!

Put "-D 2>log.txt" at the end of the bat command. Start it up and it will spit out the log.txt file in same directory. In there you will see startup sequence and it checks for number of active cores. Should say 64.

Yea I don't know why minera does not pull the HW error rate % directly from the miner instead of doing its own wrong calculation. I should probably update the driver to normalize the error shares based on the difficulty its mining (each HW error is hardwired to the internal ASIC difficulty which is very low).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
shadesign

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:24:04 AM

hi all,

I have a question, I'm newbie and I have, I think a little problem with my ML2 usb stick when I plug (on my laptop, not usb hub) and start the
fan does not activate... and in the pool I lose mhs as time goes by.  it's comes from power ?
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 09:42:33 PM

hi all,

I have a question, I'm newbie and I have, I think a little problem with my ML2 usb stick when I plug (on my laptop, not usb hub) and start the
fan does not activate... and in the pool I lose mhs as time goes by.  it's comes from power ?

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Even in a USB 2.0 port, the fan should spin.  Without it, the ASIC may become damaged.  Is the fan plugged in to the micro-molex?  Are the fan wires damaged?  Is there a particle interfering with the fan blades?   Check the close-up photos in the beginning of thread.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
shadesign

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:27:54 AM

I checked, everything is ok, absolutely nothing happens...
shadesign

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:41:40 PM

hi all,

fan does not activate... and in the pool I lose mhs as time goes by.  it's comes from power ?

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Even in a USB 2.0 port, the fan should spin.  Without it, the ASIC may become damaged.  Is the fan plugged in to the micro-molex?  Are the fan wires damaged?  Is there a particle interfering with the fan blades?   Check the close-up photos in the beginning of thread.       --scryptr

https://ibb.co/nMAu8e

https://ibb.co/efdE8e

the fan connector mounted correctly?
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:19:32 PM

hi all,

fan does not activate... and in the pool I lose mhs as time goes by.  it's comes from power ?

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Even in a USB 2.0 port, the fan should spin.  Without it, the ASIC may become damaged.  Is the fan plugged in to the micro-molex?  Are the fan wires damaged?  Is there a particle interfering with the fan blades?   Check the close-up photos in the beginning of thread.       --scryptr

Try unscrewing the fan and seeing if it spins when you plug it in...could be that it was tighten too much and was stuck. Either way if you ran it for a lengthy time without the fan running you have most likely damaged the ASIC beyond repair.

shadesign

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:11:08 PM

hi all,

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Try unscrewing the fan and seeing if it spins when you plug it in...could be that it was tighten too much and was stuck. Either way if you ran it for a lengthy time without the fan running you have most likely damaged the ASIC beyond repair.

No I just use for few minutes but nothing happened
I think I will return the article for replace it
Hintsal

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:44:39 AM

hi all,

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Sent you a pm. Thanks for everything.
Hintsal

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:13:08 AM

hi all,

THE FAN SHOULD SPIN--

Sent you a pm. Thanks for everything.

Did you get my pm?
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 10:41:53 AM

Is there any problem with this "MLD 7" ?

What is (44%)?

Can the power drops affect this usb MLD's over time? This month the company who provide power, working on network and will change old power poles and some transformers.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:08:17 AM

Is there any problem with this "MLD 7" ?

What is (44%)?

Can the power drops affect this usb MLD's over time? This month the company who provide power, working on network and will change old power poles and some transformers.

the rejects are duplicate shares not hardware errors.. id ignore it.. the accepted is within the others.. so its not losing any speed.
CryptoBarry

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:09:42 PM

Hi, i have a problem with my moonlander 2.

I have a Raspberry Pi3 and 2 Moonlander2 on a 20W powered hub.
After a bit of work, one of the two moonlander go to 0 Mhz. Sometimes after 10minutes, sometimes after 48 hours of good work.

I try to reset raspberry and change the hub with another one but the problem persists.
I try to change the frequencies from 600 to 796 but the problem persists, i don't change any voltage.

Do you have any advice?
Thank you.

https://preview.ibb.co/iGTQrL/raspimining-LI.jpg

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: