Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 03:28:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479248 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:27:09 AM

I haven't been able to follow exactly everything that has been going on.

Whats the negative points for ActiveMining? They are using eAsic which is a well established company that generates different types of asic on a daily basis, their foundry is Fujitsu.

What exactly is bad about the company so far?
wonker

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:43:53 AM

Whats the negative points for ActiveMining? They are using eAsic which is a well established company that generates different types of asic on a daily basis, their foundry is Fujitsu.

Some investors and forum users...
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:56:13 AM

The issue isn't that they are a bad company... It's the timing.

They won't have their chips for another 45-60 days.  They way this market works, they will probably lose half of their value by then.  There really is no buying pressure so every time someone decides to dump shares and get out, the price stays down.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:39:26 AM

Some investors and forum users...

....A meaningless board, and some random bloke called Ken.....
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:43:42 AM

Problem is, nobody knows. Maybe everything is OK. We do not know!
Kens and Co refuses to publish regular statements and we have no idea, what is going on with finances of Actm and it's whole owned subsidiary.
I am almost 100% sure they have not hired a CPA or if they did, he/she is either kept in the dark or he/she is a total moron.  
Why do I say this? Because of bull shit excuse how NDA (covers some parts of the eASIC deal!) will not allow them to publish the balance sheet and PL statement. LOL, this is absurd.
Nobody knows how:
1) how much BTC was converted
2) at what price
3) how much money is spent per month so far
4) how much is spent and will be spent on fixed expenses
etc.
We have no idea what this Co is worth now because there is no information. We can not _predict_ the future value of this Co. because there is no information to base the predictions on. You can not build the roof if you have no foundation and walls.

You will see few morons popping up an telling how they did their research but never telly you what it actually was and where did they get the numbers to put a value to Actm.

For some stupid reason, I still believe Actm can pull it off Smiley but what bothers me the most, is this shitty, or more precisely, non existing communication and hiding.

Fuck cheerleaders (both sides, from "Oo success!" and "Failure!" teams) and clueless sock puppets, clinging to cheerleaders. They are clueless and useless. It's all emotions without any facts.

As you can see, 90% of this thread is total bullshit and mostly irrelevant. Why is this pile of crap called "The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread" is beyond me.

If project team (Ken and Co) can not write up a short weekly project report of their successes and failures, they need a more qualified  project manager. BTW, good programmers, excellent engineers etc hardly ever make a good project managers - this is a fact.

So, dear advisory board and the self appointed management. If you can not demonstrate even entry level project/team management skills.. wtf do you expect happens in this forum thread? People get nervous!

You took our money and now you give us silent treatment. WTF! Seriously?

BTW, this starts to remind me Evorhees and his fkn gambling site fiasco (and several other fabulous fuck up's from self appointed and anointed CEO's and portfolio mangers etc)

Seriously Ken, get your act together and start talking.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:54:31 AM

Problem is, nobody knows. Maybe everything is OK. We do not know!
Kens and Co refuses to publish regular statements and we have no idea, what is going on with finances of Actm and it's whole owned subsidiary.
I am almost 100% sure they have not hired a CPA or if they did, he/she is either kept in the dark or he/she is a total moron.  
Why do I say this? Because of bull shit excuse how NDA (covers some parts of the eASIC deal!) will not allow them to publish the balance sheet and PL statement. LOL, this is absurd.
Nobody knows how:
1) how much BTC was converted
2) at what price
3) how much money is spent per month so far
4) how much is spent and will be spent on fixed expenses
etc.
We have no idea what this Co is worth now because there is no information. We can not _predict_ the future value of this Co. because there is no information to base the predictions on. You can not build the roof if you have no foundation and walls.

You will see few morons popping up an telling how they did their research but never telly you what it actually was and where did they get the numbers to put a value to Actm.

For some stupid reason, I still believe Actm can pull it off Smiley but what bothers me the most, is this shitty, or more precisely, non existing communication and hiding.

Fuck cheerleaders (both sides, from "Oo success!" and "Failure!" teams) and clueless sock puppets, clinging to cheerleaders. They are clueless and useless. It's all emotions without any facts.

As you can see, 90% of this thread is total bullshit and mostly irrelevant. Why is this pile of crap called "The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread" is beyond me.

If project team (Ken and Co) can not write up a short weekly project report of their successes and failures, they need a more qualified  project manager. BTW, good programmers, excellent engineers etc hardly ever make a good project managers - this is a fact.

So, dear advisory board and the self appointed management. If you can not demonstrate even entry level project/team management skills.. wtf do you expect happens in this forum thread? People get nervous!

You took our money and now you give us silent treatment. WTF! Seriously?

BTW, this starts to remind me Evorhees and his fkn gambling site fiasco (and several other fabulous fuck up's from self appointed and anointed CEO's and portfolio mangers etc)

Seriously Ken, get your act together and start talking.

What he said, with bells on. ^^^

Are shareholders able to raise/force any motions?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:11:27 AM

damn
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 09:06:39 AM

ActM may be worth something in November, but there's no real reason to hold the stock now.  And that's a problem when there are other options that should increase in value sooner.   I had a few shares left over from the spike, as I tried to re-buy and re-flip, since I didn't expect (at the time) the price to go under 4. When they did I just figured I'd hold till November.

But, when I saw the price drop today on Labcoin, I sold them and added a bit more LC shares.  Result: instant profit.

This is why startups are funded by VCs who don't expect to exit their positions for years, and will actually re-invest multiple rounds to keep the company going if it's meeting their goals rather then just dumping the money in. 

VCs expect 90% of their investments to fail, and 10% to earn back more then 10x to cover the failures.

"IRL" speculative companies don't IPO, they don't do that until they're earning regular annual revenue.

hazryder

Activity: 208

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 09:53:22 AM

Very disappointing to see that after purchasing my logo they decided to turn it from this:

Into this abomination:

1990 called, they want their logo back guys. It'd be very interesting to see how much the developer Ken hired who bought the logo from me was paid for this, I'd be willing to wager it was significantly more than I received.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:55:06 AM

ouch Cheesy
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 10:03:16 AM

Very disappointing to see that after purchasing my logo they decided to turn it from this:

Into this abomination:

1990 called, they want their logo back guys. It'd be very interesting to see how much the developer Ken hired who bought the logo from me was paid for this, I'd be willing to wager it was significantly more than I received.

Top logo 8/10
Bottom logo 3/10

What an injustice.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:08:16 AM

"THE BITCOIN MINING EXPERTS"

Cheesy
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:16:28 AM

"IRL" speculative companies don't IPO, they don't do that until they're earning regular annual revenue.

Correct. Lets not forget, that most of the terminology, regarding finances, is mangled beyond recognition and misused to ad nauseam in BTC world. LOL, one idiot even attempted to reinvented the basic bookkeeping and demands to be called The Financier and God of BTC world. LOL. No, I am not joking.

Basically we are the VC here. Do you really think that any VC will let a Co, they invested in, get away with this bullshit (no reports, no financial statements), as we see here? Smiley LOL Hell now! They will crawl up your ass so deep, they can see your front teeth.

Maybe Ken a his team have done a brilliant job. Sorry, we do not know. Only Ken can fix this PR disaster by stating to talk (reports etc).
All those blind "believers" are as bad as this sociopath icebraker and the rest.

I wish they had some guys on the advisory board with actual real life experience in project management, finances and running a real life business. So far, they are either clueless or just can not get their point across the table - a.k.a inexperienced a.k.a clueless. or they just do not give a shit... as simple as that. Sorry, but as of now, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I am not saying that Ken is moron. Not at all. Maybe he is a brilliant engineer, but this will not make him automatically in to a good project nor business manager. And as of now, this shows painfully.

He has a PR guy. If this guy is sitting on his hands and waiting for engineering or management to spoon feed him news... LOL, he has obviously never done this job for a real life company. Keeping a blog will not make anyone into a journalist or PR expert. It's his job to squeeze the management for news. Not us, VC's! (Yes, I called all the shareholders VC Smiley

BTW, what happened in last "Monthly Shareholder Meetings"  (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254930.0)

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
carpetbagger

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:18:39 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the PR is Ken?

Keep clam & hodl on
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 10:23:45 AM

he should write that he is not dead and btc invested are safe.
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:27:18 AM

Into this abomination:

Damn!!!

Is this for real?

I am actually getting scared of ActM recently. Ken is clearly a capable engineer, but as a business man he is clueless.

The website, the product names and formulation, the complete waste of buying advertising space on here and then sending users to a half million dollar product, no communication, complete lack of idea during the IPO, now this.

The NRE, and getting chips and mining is only part of what it takes to make this business work. Ken can do the hardware stuff it seems, but he lacks the rest of the entire skill set needed for business.

hazryder

Activity: 208

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 10:39:39 AM

Damn!!!

Is this for real?

I am actually getting scared of ActM recently. Ken is clearly a capable engineer, but as a business man he is clueless.

The website, the product names and formulation, the complete waste of buying advertising space on here and then sending users to a half million dollar product, no communication, complete lack of idea during the IPO, now this.

The NRE, and getting chips and mining is only part of what it takes to make this business work. Ken can do the hardware stuff it seems, but he lacks the rest of the entire skill set needed for business.

Unfortunately so, they updated their site with this new logo a couple of days ago. I fully agree, Ken needs to either hire someone more competent with running the other facets of his business, or actually start listening to the board.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:41:12 AM

I wish they had some guys on the advisory board with actual real life experience in project management, finances and running a real life business. So far, they are either clueless or just can not get their point across the table - a.k.a inexperienced a.k.a clueless. or they just do not give a shit... as simple as that. Sorry, but as of now, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

The guys on the board do have experience thank you, but we do not run ActiveMining.

You need to stop confusing us with the company management. If you have issues with Ken's business skills, you need to take it up with Ken and not us.

He has a PR guy. If this guy is sitting on his hands and waiting for engineering or management to spoon feed him news... LOL, he has obviously never done this job for a real life company. Keeping a blog will not make anyone into a journalist or PR expert. It's his job to squeeze the management for news. Not us, VC's! (Yes, I called all the shareholders VC Smiley

BTW, what happened in last "Monthly Shareholder Meetings"  (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254930.0)

He doesn't have a PR guy. Streets had volunteered to post under the PR account because Ken's not very good at expressing himself but at no point was he anything to do with strategy or hired help. We've asked Ken to hire a PR guy and are busy chasing that one up. He's stupidly busy at the moment and needs some professional help. This is also why we can't organise any meetings at the moment.

re: Logo. We bought the original one but VMC chose to do their own. When it comes to web/branding, Ken goes his own way for better or worse.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:46:39 AM

Unfortunately so, they updated their site with this new logo a couple of days ago. I fully agree, Ken needs to either hire someone more competent with running the other facets of his business, or actually start listening to the board.

When it comes to the entire web side, we've done almost everything you can possibly imagine. However, Ken is happy with how things are going and has said he'll get some more changes over time.

We would really like him to hand this over to someone else to handle, especially given his hardware focus at present, but it isn't going to happen.

To reiterate, it's not a money or time thing to Ken, he is just happy with how his site and how it is performing.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:48:03 AM

They won't have their chips for another 45-60 days.  They way this market works, they will probably lose half of their value by then.  There really is no buying pressure so every time someone decides to dump shares and get out, the price stays down.

The first units are from mid November which is similar to other offerings now. The original schedule was Oct/Nov so it's not really changed.
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: