Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122941 times)
danktron

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:15:58 PM

Is it possible to have the view key of premine address?

How about reading the first post - the public view key for the premine is there.

EDIT - oops, no, that is their PGP key. I do know this was discussed earlier in the thread so just search through it.

EDIT 2 - found it for you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2525508.msg30581078#msg30581078

That is for the C version of the chain.  New chain = new key (premine unlocked to certain height).  Will have to wait for Atlantis release.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shanepottermi

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:27:40 PM

Any new larger exchanges on the horizon?

Stocks is heavily manipulated,

Maybe its me but I've noticed a lot of 51 / 102 dero buy and sells day in day out to keep the price low it's uncanny.

No, it is not only you, I saw yesterday a price manipulation at 14:00 pm with transactions of 50 and 18 DERO, that for two hours someone buy and sell constantly to increase the price. Do not get me wrong is good that the price increase. However, this technique is not ethical to do it, and also in not real, in long term will make real damage to the project. I know a lot of people will attack this comment, but to prove it, just see the graphics in tradeogre before making it.

Some whale is also spoofing the buy side.. dropping 1-3 btc buy orders.. to push the new buy orders above their large buy order.. but once the price drops to their buy order they pull it and move it down a little while later. Its illegal in stock market, futures market, forex markets.. but its the wild wild west in crypto an most exchanges are likely doing little to actually stop this as i've seen spoofing on numerous exchanges in real time. Its probably best to ignore insanely large buy or sell orders on both side of the book because they're likely going to be withdrawn before the price hits its target. Not sure if its actual people doing this in real time or if its HFT algorithms.. i know HFTs are involved in crypto and have been for years if i'm not mistaken. If someone drops a large sell order on the sell side they're trying to push the price down.. if they're dropping a large buy order on the buy side they're trying to push the price up. (if they remove the order when its price is triggered or passed) an then replaced lower down the stack.
mroctopus

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:48:03 PM

Maybe its me but I've noticed a lot of 51 / 102 dero buy and sells day in day out to keep the price low it's uncanny.

No, it is not only you, I saw yesterday a price manipulation at 14:00 pm with transactions of 50 and 18 DERO, that for two hours someone buy and sell constantly to increase the price. Do not get me wrong is good that the price increase. However, this technique is not ethical to do it, and also in not real, in long term will make real damage to the project. I know a lot of people will attack this comment, but to prove it, just see the graphics in tradeogre before making it.

Some whale is also spoofing the buy side.. dropping 1-3 btc buy orders.. to push the new buy orders above their large buy order.. but once the price drops to their buy order they pull it and move it down a little while later. Its illegal in stock market, futures market, forex markets.. but its the wild wild west in crypto an most exchanges are likely doing little to actually stop this as i've seen spoofing on numerous exchanges in real time. Its probably best to ignore insanely large buy or sell orders on both side of the book because they're likely going to be withdrawn before the price hits its target. Not sure if its actual people doing this in real time or if its HFT algorithms.. i know HFTs are involved in crypto and have been for years if i'm not mistaken. If someone drops a large sell order on the sell side they're trying to push the price down.. if they're dropping a large buy order on the buy side they're trying to push the price up. (if they remove the order when its price is triggered or passed) an then replaced lower down the stack.

how could bot trading or high frequency trading illegal? it is the freedom for the whales to invest time and money to do it. they do price manipulation at their own risk because there may be another bigger whales behind. if you find the game is unfair to you, just not joining this game.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

how could bot trading or high frequency trading illegal? it is the freedom for the whales to invest time and money to do it. they do price manipulation at their own risk because there may be another bigger whales behind. if you find the game is unfair to you, just not joining this game.

In civilized countries this sort of behavior is considered a form of fraud...
Mojo_LB

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 10:28:39 PM

Assuming everyone's awareness that many people bring clever contracts to the chain especially that don't have support form their own country. I hope that you will release a map and we can understand  better and maybe justify it in more proper ways.

Could you please elaborate?

For map and understanding are you talking about development and code language?

If so, Dero VM will be Turing-complete and will run Golang programming language

Post in your own language if it makes it easier for you to describe your thoughts
shanepottermi

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:56:50 PM

I didn't say HFT was illegal. Most markets on the planet allow HFT which is ridiculous because it should be illegal. They usually rent a virtual private server right next to the exchange and run an algo that can react in factions of a second scalping incoming orders.. front running trades. That being said I didn't say it was illegal. I said spoofing the markets in an attempt to move the price of an asset in a particular direction is illegal. Essentially its creating large orders in the order book to move an asset price up or down and if the price of the asset gets to the large order they pull it before its executed because the order wasn't place in good faith it was placed to manipulate the market.
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:29:29 AM

For anyone who has been wondering, we're on track to meet our Q2 goals

From our update "Core progress on track." - this means our Q2 roadmap specifically + Atlantis
--Serena--

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:29:49 AM

How to start using Dero                Downloads                Whitepaper                Support      

About DERO  

The Dero Project has written a unique new blockchain technology that is based on the CryptoNote protocol. Dero's goal is to create a unique state of the art blockchain technology with enhanced reliability, privacy, security, usability, and portability by bringing together some of the best proven technologies like the CryptoNote protocol and smart contracts, thereby allowing for the creation of truly private smart contracts.

The Dero development team has implemented complete SSL across the Dero network which is a first on any blockchain. This encrypts the entirety of our network traffic, which greatly reduces our attack surface, while simultaneously preventing ISPs or other users from analyzing Dero’s network traffic.

Dero's Key Features  

• DERO is a completely new and unique CryptoNote blockchain written in Golang
  • DERO is the first blockchain to have complete SSL in the P2P layer
  • DERO will be the first CryptoNote blockchain to have 500 transactions per second on its native blockchain without any lightning networks, validators or off-blockchain solutions
  • DERO will be first CryptoNote blockchain to have smart contracts on its native chain without any extra layers or secondary blockchains
  • CryptoNote privacy
  • Smart contracts
  • Atomic swaps
  • Mobile and offline wallets
  • Lightweight wallets
  • Subaddresses
  • Escrow services on the blockchain
  • Address signing and certifying
  • Voting on a private blockchain

About The Developers  

There are three developers working on the Dero Project who have been working in the field of cryptography and blockchain development as a team for more than a decade. Dero's research and development team are devoted full time to the project, and can often be found in our Slack channel. For now, the development team are choosing to retain their privacy until the Dero Project incorporates.

Coin Specifications  

• Proof-of-work (PoW) algorithm: CryptoNight
  • Max supply: 18.4 million for the first 8 years followed by an infinite emission rate after year 8 of ~157,000 DERO/year
  • Block reward: Smoothly varying
  • Block time: 120 seconds
  • Difficulty: Retargets at every block
  • Ticker: DERO

Dero's Roadmap  

• Q1/2018 - Dero's new unique blockchain written and full Activation. - Completed ahead of schedule with the extra addition of complete SSL across Dero's network
  • Q2/2018 - Record CryptoNote TX/sec, GUI wallets, sub addresses, atomic swaps, and smart contract testing.
  • Q3/2018 - Smart contract support on chain. Q3 2018.
  • Q4/2018 - Strategic market expansion, team growth, and more (coming soon).

Dero Related Links  

Resource Links  

FORUM: https://forum.dero.io/
EXPLORER: https://explorer.dero.io
OFFICIAL POOL: http://pool.dero.live/
BINARIES: http://seeds.dero.io/alpha/

Exchanges & Stats:

EXCHANGE: https://stocks.exchange/trade/DERO/BTC
EXCHANGE: https://tradeogre.com/exchange/BTC-DERO
EXCHANGE: https://www.southxchange.com/Balance/Index/DERO
Stats: https://coincodex.com/crypto/dero/
Stats: https://www.difficultychart.com/dero
Stats: https://www.cryptunit.com/coin/DERO

Articles and Media Content  

Dero: A new blockchain technology that brings CryptoNote privacy together with smart contracts.

Shifting from alpha to beta: CryptoNote with smart contracts

Support
Dr_Voidberg

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:57:19 AM

Will there be articles on big cryptosites once Dero Atlantis is put? The word needs to be spread
CaptDero (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:23:54 AM

Will there be articles on big cryptosites once Dero Atlantis is put? The word needs to be spread

Yeah, Definitely when we will have some real tech worth of showcase after Atlantis. You will find DERO most of the places.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:01:57 AM

Enjoy the time when DERO is still under the radar, grab some coins and enjoy the ride

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
thin

Merit: 108

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:25:40 AM

Enjoy the time when DERO is still under the radar, grab some coins and enjoy the ride

I would love to mine some coins, but in the current conditions mining on GPU is not profitable
thePelican

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:07:57 AM

Is DERO ASIC resistant?
danktron

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:31:16 PM

Is DERO ASIC resistant?

It will be with the Atlantis release in a few weeks. 
thin

Merit: 108

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:50:06 PM

Is DERO ASIC resistant?

not at the moment. and that's why GPU mining is not profitable
Inlite

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:06:22 PM

Is DERO ASIC resistant?
I doubt it. The devs avoid to confirm that. If you ask the devs, they will say something like "we are working on the most robust, secure, energy efficient and decentralized blockchain". Note, that ASICs are the most energy efficient devices ever.
--Serena--

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:50:06 PM

Is DERO ASIC resistant?
I doubt it. The devs avoid to confirm that. If you ask the devs, they will say something like "we are working on the most robust, secure, energy efficient and decentralized blockchain". Note, that ASICs are the most energy efficient devices ever.

We have confirmed that we are using a new algorithm that isn't ASIC friendly. This is what we have said we would do, and it will be released with Atlantis.

Yes, what is generally referred to as ASIC technology is advancing, and perhaps it's inevitable that mining/network security heads in this direction for a number of reasons. For now though, we are moving to a brand new algo and it takes quite a while to develop an ASIC for any algo.
Inlite

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:55:49 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 10:06:01 PM by Inlite

Is DERO ASIC resistant?

We have confirmed that we are using a new algorithm that isn't ASIC friendly. This is what we have said we would do, and it will be released with Atlantis.

Yes, what is generally referred to as ASIC technology is advancing, and perhaps it's inevitable that mining/network security heads in this direction for a number of reasons. For now though, we are moving to a brand new algo and it takes quite a while to develop an ASIC for any algo.
So, you confirm that the change of algo will happen not because you would like to fight ASICs, but because you are creating the most robust, secure, energy efficient and decentralized blockchain. Later on the BitMain is welcome to develop a new ASIC for Dero because it's inevitable. “The emergence of specialized mining machine for a cryptocurrency is normal market economy phenomenon.[…] If there are professional mining machines, the events like ‘Monero was attacked by more than 500,000 botnets’ could be avoided,” referring to botnets that have been used to mine Monero.” - said some Monero [Monero-Classic] enthusiasts from Singapore.
gfox72

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:00:17 PM

I'm fairly new to mining etc so can someone explain to me:

- why do GPU enthousiast always complain they would love to mine coins but can't because of asics, if the aim is to get hold of some coins, why spend money on a rack of GPU's and mine for months in a row instead of just buying loads of coins for the same amount of money ? is it really all about the joy of mining with a GPU, as in a hobby-thing ?
- why are asics considered a risk for centralisation, if a GPU only pool would have the majority of hashrate, isn't that just the same risk for centralization ?
MagicSmoker

Merit: 182

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:26:39 PM

So, you confirm that the change of algo will happen not because you would like to fight ASICs, but because you are creating the most robust, secure, energy efficient and decentralized blockchain. Later on the BitMain is welcome to develop a new ASIC for Dero because it's inevitable. “The emergence of specialized mining machine for a cryptocurrency is normal market economy phenomenon.[…] If there are professional mining machines, the events like ‘Monero was attacked by more than 500,000 botnets’ could be avoided,” referring to botnets that have been used to mine Monero.” - said some Monero [Monero-Classic] enthusiasts from Singapore.

Wow, that is some seriously f'ed up (il)logic - botnets mining Monero weren't the fault of a lack of ASICs, it was from lax/nonexistent network security procedures at server farms and such. After all, it practically takes root level access for a mining program to work, so a bunch of sysadmins were asleep at the switch... literally.

As I have stated many times before, the problem with ASICs isn't the hardware, it's the behavior of the companies that make them (ALL of the companies; not just Bitmain). The most egregious is stealth mining with their ASICs before selling them to the public because they've developed faster versions or else have been found out (as was the case with the Cryptonight ASICS). How else could 3 different companies announce Cryptonight ASICs for sale within days of each other?  Roll Eyes

The DERO dev(s) haven't always been terribly verbose with their posts, but they have more or less delivered on every goal so far - and then some - so I am inclined to continue giving them the benefit of the doubt. In contrast, you seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder for some reason.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: