Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166624 times)
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:00:12 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 06:57:33 AM by fxstrike

I think there should be some easy way to earn merit without being spotted by source to post quality response, probably achieving some numbers of activity for some period of time, logging in in one day earn 1 merit, curating good, quality, highest quality post, correcting non English speaker post grammar or anything that does not depends on other people giving out merit, task that members can do on their own to earn merit, probably steemit system can be employed here to increase overall effectiveness of rewarding system, right now the only way to earn merit is quality post and being spotted by merit source and the merit source must be willing and have time to give merit which make it probably only 1% of this forum members capable of, but probability of that happen probably 0.001% only as demonstrated by so many long winding post without any merit given.

I believe there is some people with quality content/idea just get put off by the restriction of their ranking although he is a good contributor

case as example:

Development team of new alt coin using new account will be limited to few post for certain period of time and no link/image allowed, if he stuck at Newbie rank probably for long period of time because nobody care to give him merit, that just hinder productive discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 06:35:58 AM

Getting a merit is like finding a bitcoin block while solo mining.  

Then what am I, like the merit Satoshi?

Please.  Write some good posts.  That’s like ASIC mining.

[whine]

Not listening to this.

Development team of new alt coin

Developers of new scams altcoins will have problems?  Awesome!  No, wait...

Development team of new alt coin using new account will be limited to few post for certain period of time and no link/image allowed, if he stuck at Newbie rank probably for long period of time because nobody care to give him merit, that just hinder productive discussion.

@theymos:  Please add a merit requirement for reaching Jr. Member status.  Thanks.

ThachSanhTp

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:06:02 AM

Thank you so much!
I think this is a very good idea.
Some forum use "Like" system. With each post in a thread, readers (users) can LIKE (vote up), it is easier than our Merit system
Rhoby10

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:14:18 AM

tl;dr explanation as long as there is no infographic:

You have Merits, those you cannot send.
You also have sMerits, those you can only send, they have no other purpose.

When someone gives Merit to you they lose sMerit of the amount transfered and you gain Merit as well as sMerit (which in case you can send again).

Example: Should I send 10 Merit to you for a post, my sMerit would decrease by 10.
Your Merit would increase by 10 and your sMerit would increase by 5.

Merits are exclusively earned, but the sMerit part you also get keeps the circulation flowing.

(Ignoring merit sources here, for the sake of making an easy example.)

If you want to be a merit source:

Collect TEN posts that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread.
Does that mean all merit sources are hand selected? Is there a list of currently active merit sources? Sorry, I was lazy, should have read in full first.

The forum ranking system is a bit complicated now... It'd be nice if someone made an infographic explaining activity and merit.
I'll try this.
I think merit is a new ranking because your post a very satisfactory they give a merit so i think merit a new ranking by the bitcoin its see how you understand the questionaires and answering it properly
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 07:19:19 AM

Thank you so much!
I think this is a very good idea.

Yah, right.

Take an acting class.

Some forum use "Like" system. With each post in a thread, readers (users) can LIKE (vote up), it is easier than our Merit system

...and that is why we have a merit system instead of a “like” system.  You wouldn’t want spammers and trash posters to have farmloads of alt accounts hitting the “like” button on each other, now would you?  I mean, would you?

BitRent-Alt

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:24:36 AM

...and that is why we have a merit system instead of a “like” system.  You wouldn’t want spammers and trash posters to have farmloads of alt accounts hitting the “like” button on each other, now would you?  I mean, would you?

The fact that some farmers also did this with merit makes me laugh. But I hope they just keep doing this tho, makes it easier to catch one.
fxstrike

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:28:38 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 07:44:09 AM by fxstrike

Getting a merit is like finding a bitcoin block while solo mining.  

Then what am I, like the merit Satoshi?

Please.  Write some good posts.  That’s like ASIC mining.

[whine]

Not listening to this.

Development team of new alt coin

Developers of new scams altcoins will have problems?  Awesome!  No, wait...

Oh sorry, just realized alt coin is not welcome here, sorry for that, probably written somewhere still have to look for it, thank you for highlighting that

@theymos:  Please add a merit requirement for reaching Jr. Member status.  Thanks.

Yea Jr. Member should not join discussion here they just promote ICOs, they know nothing about bitcoin

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 07:48:29 AM

...and that is why we have a merit system instead of a “like” system.  You wouldn’t want spammers and trash posters to have farmloads of alt accounts hitting the “like” button on each other, now would you?  I mean, would you?

The fact that some farmers also did this with merit makes me laugh. But I hope they just keep doing this tho, makes it easier to catch one.

Oh yes, it does make it easier to catch them.  There is a small conspiracy theory floating about, to the effect that the merit system system has an ulterior motive of outing alt accounts.  Moronic spammers just can’t resist the bait.  Gotcha.

[...TRIM QUOTES TO WHAT IS RELEVANT, YOU FOOL...]

Yea Jr. Member should not join discussion here they just promote ICOs, they know nothing about bitcoin

<blink>

Just a few moments ago, your post said this:

So high rank members can ask for lower rank member restriction ? that is how this forum working, wow so much about decentralization spririt you have there, only people with lots of ability ranks and money got good favors

Did you suddenly realize that I am a low-ranked Member with 98 activity who started out with zero merit, and now have 498 merit?  (I was a Jr. Member when the merit system started.  I didn’t even get 10 freebies like you did.)  Or did you have another reason for a hasty edit?

Any which way, totally changing the substance of your post to some weird form of merit flattery is patently dishonest.

P.S., observe my earliest posts at Newbie rank:  My debut in Development & Technical Discussion, three days after I started actively posting from Brand New status.  So yes, “Newbies” and Jr. Members can have plenty to contribute to the forum.  Those who do, will be those who earn merit and advance in rank.

SevenSign

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:54:32 AM

I find these cases strange. Can you clarify theymos?

https://i.imgur.com/5myxjQx.png
Jr with 0 Merit instead of 30

https://i.imgur.com/BTVw8Up.png
Hero with 1000 Merit instead of 500

And is it possible for any existing user to lower their rank because of the introduction of merit? Someone complained about that

Hope so, we have the right to complaint to those dont have merit and so willing but not maybe qualified?!
Thanks for this post, at least my feelings become grèat, to have a supporter and see the some cases of this. More power and truly God bless us all.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:59:35 AM

I find these cases strange. Can you clarify theymos?

Jr with 0 Merit instead of 30

Hero with 1000 Merit instead of 500

And is it possible for any existing user to lower their rank because of the introduction of merit? Someone complained about that

Hope so, we have the right to complaint to those dont have merit and so willing but not maybe qualified?!
Thanks for this post, at least my feelings become grèat, to have a supporter and see the some cases of this. More power and truly God bless us all.

1.I believe that jr member rank doesnt have merit and all the hero member who had activity number in the range of becoming legendary member will get 1000 merits, theymos stated that.

2. I believe there are many cases in meta complaining about that, their rank got lowered because some of their posts are deleted before the merit system introduced  and they stuck on the lower rank because they need merits now to rank up. Merits just act as a barrier for people to rank up, rank is still determined by activity points.
Lunarics
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 34

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:24:33 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 11:36:47 AM by Lunarics
Merited by TMAN (2), johhnyUA (1), WhiteManWhite (1)

I here for clarity created a pyramid of merits and ranks  Grin  What should we strive for and where to stay! Please look at this with humor and not with resentment. thx

fxstrike

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

...and that is why we have a merit system instead of a “like” system.  You wouldn’t want spammers and trash posters to have farmloads of alt accounts hitting the “like” button on each other, now would you?  I mean, would you?

Oh yes, it does make it easier to catch them.  There is a small conspiracy theory floating about, to the effect that the merit system system has an ulterior motive of outing alt accounts.  Moronic spammers just can’t resist the bait.  Gotcha.

Unnecessary remarks.....

Deena

Merit: 49

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:56:45 AM

What if they get caught? Nothing will happen when they belong to a certain 'class' of scammers.  Roll Eyes
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 08:59:31 AM

Changed from huge embedded image to archive link by nullius:

Addressing here the author of that graphic, who may or may not be “Lunarics”:  If you put the same skill and effort into writing quality posts as you did into that graphic, you’d be swimming in merits.  Tell me, did someone pay you?  Perhaps someone whose profits are being hurt by the merit system, such as a spammer?  Cui bono?

Between the Communist agitprop imagery and the words “Subscribe for the INDUSTRIAL WORKER”, thank you for making clear your political allegiance.  Die in a fire, Red scum.  Bitcoin shall crush you.

@fxstrike:  Yes, you’re a fool.  An irritating fool, who would get flamed to a cinder on Usenet for posts with long, untrimmed quotes.  Also, you’re a semi-literate idiot.  These remarks are necessary, insofar as it seems nobody has ever been honest to you about such matters—a lack which has led to delusions of competency on your part.  HTH, HAND.

fxstrike

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:00:56 AM

<blink>

Just a few moments ago, your post said this:

So high rank members can ask for lower rank member restriction ? that is how this forum working, wow so much about decentralization spririt you have there, only people with lots of ability ranks and money got good favors

Did you suddenly realize that I am a low-ranked Member with 98 activity who started out with zero merit, and now have 498 merit?  (I was a Jr. Member when the merit system started.  I didn’t even get 10 freebies like you did.)  Or did you have another reason for a hasty edit?

Any which way, totally changing the substance of your post to some weird form of merit flattery is patently dishonest.

P.S., observe my earliest posts at Newbie rank:  My debut in Development & Technical Discussion, three days after I started actively posting from Brand New status.  So yes, “Newbies” and Jr. Members can have plenty to contribute to the forum.  Those who do, will be those who earn merit and advance in rank.

Such potty mouth expecting honesty from others Huh better luck asking that from your mom

Lunarics
Copper Member

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:09:10 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 09:26:11 AM by Lunarics

Addressing here the author of that graphic, who may or may not be “Lunarics”:  If you put the same skill and effort into writing quality posts as you did into that graphic, you’d be swimming in merits.  Tell me, did someone pay you?  Perhaps someone whose profits are being hurt by the merit system, such as a spammer?  Cui bono?

Between the Communist agitprop imagery and the words “Subscribe for the INDUSTRIAL WORKER”, thank you for making clear your political allegiance.  Die in a fire, Red scum.  Bitcoin shall crush you.
I did not want to offend anyone, I want to show that you need to work hard to reach the top in any job! To whom to stop himself to decide. Therefore, I write quality reports in the branches of jurisprudence, only for someone on the birthday of a photo merit put 3 merits. me for a month to write and help only 18 merit
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

Addressing here the author of that graphic, who may or may not be “Lunarics”:  If you put the same skill and effort into writing quality posts as you did into that graphic, you’d be swimming in merits.  Tell me, did someone pay you?  Perhaps someone whose profits are being hurt by the merit system, such as a spammer?  Cui bono?

Between the Communist agitprop imagery and the words “Subscribe for the INDUSTRIAL WORKER”, thank you for making clear your political allegiance.  Die in a fire, Red scum.  Bitcoin shall crush you.
I did not want to offend anyone, I want to show that you need to work hard to reach the top in any job! To whom to stop himself to decide

Seriously?  Your graphic depicts a Newbie dead from exhaustion, next to a crowd of Jr. Members who struggle to who hold up all the other ranks above them.  Two Jr. Members to the side hold a Red Flag of the Communist type, with dark, revolutionary looks on their faces.  The “subscription” notice at the top says, “Foremost Exponent of Revolutionary Industrial Unionism”.  You posted 100% Commie scum agitprop, definitely against the merit system.

Archival of fxstrike’s post saying as so:

Such potty mouth expecting honesty from others Huh better luck asking that from your mom

Is that the best you can do for vulgarity, let alone insult?  Are you retarded?  I mean that as a literal question.  Even a bright ten-year-old can whip off a better insult than “your mom!”  Thus, your mental function must be below that level.

Lunarics
Copper Member

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:32:33 AM
Merited by nullius (1)

Addressing here the author of that graphic, who may or may not be “Lunarics”:  If you put the same skill and effort into writing quality posts as you did into that graphic, you’d be swimming in merits.  Tell me, did someone pay you?  Perhaps someone whose profits are being hurt by the merit system, such as a spammer?  Cui bono?

Between the Communist agitprop imagery and the words “Subscribe for the INDUSTRIAL WORKER”, thank you for making clear your political allegiance.  Die in a fire, Red scum.  Bitcoin shall crush you.
I did not want to offend anyone, I want to show that you need to work hard to reach the top in any job! To whom to stop himself to decide

Seriously?  Your graphic depicts a Newbie dead from exhaustion, next to a crowd of Jr. Members who struggle to who hold up all the other ranks above them.  Two Jr. Members to the side hold a Red Flag of the Communist type, with dark, revolutionary looks on their faces.  The “subscription” notice at the top says, “Foremost Exponent of Revolutionary Industrial Unionism”.  You posted 100% Commie scum agitprop, definitely against the merit system.

Is that the best you can do for vulgarity, let alone insult?  Are you retarded?  I mean that as a literal question.  Even a bright ten-year-old can whip off a better insult than “your mom!”  Thus, your mental function must be below that level.

I was born in the USSR and I know what communism is and how it was necessary at that time to work to feed the children. And what kind of propaganda was both the USSR and the United States. I'm not for any political system, they are all one type, only the names are different. With ranks that merit simply added more work and all!
fxstrike

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:36:25 AM

@fxstrike:  Yes, you’re a fool.  An irritating fool, who would get flamed to a cinder on Usenet for posts with long, untrimmed quotes.  Also, you’re a semi-literate idiot.  These remarks are necessary, insofar as it seems nobody has ever been honest to you about such matters—a lack which has led to delusions of competency on your part.  HTH, HAND.

Going wild for merit, nobody who think he is somebody
Just kick everybody for such small matter, getting irritate for nothing

fxstrike

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:40:18 AM

I was born in the USSR and I know what communism is and how it was necessary at that time to work to feed the children. And what kind of propaganda was both the USSR and the United States. I'm not for any political system, they are all one type, only the names are different. With ranks that merit simply added more work and all!

He is irritated that you post something here, just be careful he is crafting some condescending word to frame you in and make you looks bad, just put on your shield, he will spit some irrelevant comment about you he made up himself, he is going wild for merit

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: