Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:09:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166635 times)
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:02:25 AM

These days we've got whole towns in Asia coming here just for the campaigns, and they are all shitposters and they all sound alike.  So it's too damn bad that these noobs won't rank up.  They shouldn't be able to, and the merit system is near perfect for ensuring that.
Lmao! Man you crack me up at times.
"Whole Towns in Asia" - It literally gave me an heart attack while spilling the food from my mouth as I was at the dinner.You know signature campaigns is an old trend now.The trend heavily is shifting towards bounty campaigns.You will find accounts that literally have no posting history but only links for the bounty campaigns.

There are 2 types of bounty campaign though. The ones that pay shittokens to spam social media and the ones that pay shittokens to spam this forum. The merit system should help speed up the transition to the former.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:11:30 AM

These days we've got whole towns in Asia coming here just for the campaigns, and they are all shitposters and they all sound alike.  So it's too damn bad that these noobs won't rank up.  They shouldn't be able to, and the merit system is near perfect for ensuring that.
Lmao! Man you crack me up at times.
"Whole Towns in Asia" - It literally gave me an heart attack while spilling the food from my mouth as I was at the dinner.You know signature campaigns is an old trend now.The trend heavily is shifting towards bounty campaigns.You will find accounts that literally have no posting history but only links for the bounty campaigns.

There are 2 types of bounty campaign though. The ones that pay shittokens to spam social media and the ones that pay shittokens to spam this forum. The merit system should help speed up the transition to the former.

I don’t see why.  Spam is spam; and social-media spammers won’t be earning any more merit than forum spammers.

I’ll reply later to JayJuanGee and possibly others.  N.b., my “whine” about activity levels was sarcastic, intended to satirize whines about the merit system, oppression by evil Legendaries, etc.  I have edited my prior post to add an explicit note about this.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 09:24:41 AM
Merited by nullius (1)

I don’t see why.  Spam is spam; and social-media spammers won’t be earning any more merit than forum spammers.

Becuase they don't need to rank to Member to get a signature to spam Twitter and Facebook they just need to buy some followers and 'friends'. If they are just posting links to Twitter and FB in those bounty threads at least they aren't polluting the rest of the forum.

SevenSign

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:11:37 AM

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

Useful infographics

Forum users have helpfully created some infographics to explain the merit system:
paxmao's infographic
ibminer's infographic
8Habits's infographic
JetSet11's infographic
zentdex's infographic
alia_armelle's infographic

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

Trivia:

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

If someone sends you 1 merit, the 0.5 sMerit is not wasted; it is just not shown until you get another merit point.

There are stats here, and you can find someone's merit summary by clicking the "merit" link on their profile.
Pochay

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:56:28 AM

Ah! I need more post and merit to become member, or to rank my acct, as I observe all this things will chalenge me, and patiently wait for more merit and reply.
Xenord

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:05:24 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 02:16:24 PM by Xenord

I posted about what I saw as some fairly suspect aspects regarding team members for an ICO. I found it bizarre that people with substantial merit followed up my post and simply ignored the issue I raised... I can't help thinking there's some serious circle-jerk action going on with the merit system when people with hundreds of merit points post inane support messages immediately after someone who's highlighted suspicious aspects of an ICO.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 02:43:22 PM

I posted about what I saw as some fairly suspect aspects regarding team members for an ICO. I found it bizarre that people with substantial merit followed up my post and simply ignored the issue I raised... I can't help thinking there's some serious circle-jerk action going on with the merit system when people with hundreds of merit points post inane support messages immediately after someone who's highlighted suspicious aspects of an ICO.

I checked on your link.  The only people with “substantial merit” replying on that thread after your are a Sr. Member who (still!) has exactly 250 merits, and a Full Member who (still!) has exactly 100 merits.  Those are their grandfathered merits; meaning that one month into the merit system, they have earned zero.  Those are users who clearly do not deserve their current ranks; at least, they will not rank up any further.

(N.b. that I myself started with zero merit, having been at Jr. Member rank as of 25 January 2018.  I’m glad of that.  I understand why grandfathered merit was given; but I would not want it, since I take it as a point of pride for the number beneath my own name to be 100% meaningful.)

I am repeatedly on record here as saying point-blank that “99.9% of altcoins an 100% of ICOs are pure make-money-fast scams”; and I have recently been involved in abuse-fighting activities, for which I occasionally receive hate mail.  You may rest assured that I am not trying to cover up for anybody here.

If you have any substantial evidence of merit farming or trading, please post it in this thread.  If you see any merit-begging (asking explicitly for merit), please PM me.  I get results—observe that that “hate mail” link pertained to a beggar whose account is now useless for making money.  Thank you for caring about merit abuse issues.

[Edit:  I just realized that a Newbie account can’t PM me.  My e-mail address is in my signature; though please be advised that I sometimes get behind on my mail lately.]

[Edit:  P.S., love your sig:  “Strength and nobility... not LSD and sideburns.”]

cryptocommoner

Merit: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:00:48 PM

I checked on your link.  The only people with “substantial merit” replying on that thread after your are a Sr. Member who (still!) has exactly 250 merits, and a Full Member who (still!) has exactly 100 merits.  Those are their grandfathered merits; meaning that one month into the merit system, they have earned zero.  Those are users who clearly do not deserve their current ranks; at least, they will not rank up any further.

I would not be so quick to say such a thing.  I have seen countless Sr. Member, Hero, Legendary accounts that do not have any additional merit.  Honestly, I think it has to do with the fact that somebody might think that 'they don't need it and so I don't need to give it to them.' 

The system is still being adopted and it will take a long time to spread the word.  I am sure there are still multiple high-level accounts who don't even know what the merit system is!  I appreciate reading all of your posts on this and other threads regarding it.  Your voice has been heard loud and clear and your merit shows it.  However, you are likely in the 0.001% of people who receive merit regularly.  Keep up the good posts though Smiley
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:13:01 PM

I would not be so quick to say such a thing.  I have seen countless Sr. Member, Hero, Legendary accounts that do not have any additional merit.  Honestly, I think it has to do with the fact that somebody might think that 'they don't need it and so I don't need to give it to them.' 

Next time you see one of those accounts have a quick look at their post history and you will soon work out the real reasons why they haven't received any merit. Most of them are simply posting in spam megathreads and nobody is ever going to read one of their posts let alone give it merit.

cryptocommoner

Merit: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:20:22 PM

Next time you see one of those accounts have a quick look at their post history and you will soon work out the real reasons why they haven't received any merit. Most of them are simply posting in spam megathreads and nobody is ever going to read one of their posts let alone give it merit.

Well, of course that could be the case too.  I will do as you say though and look at their posts.  Thanks for providing an opposing argument.
goigiacmove

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:30:34 PM

This is mainly why Theymos created merit system. With the one, only deserved members can be ranked up to higher levels. They are deserved to get it due to their efforts to contribute to the forum.
mrelich

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:57:27 PM

I wonder if anybody was able to upgrade his rank from Member and higher ranks since the merit system was launched? Is there some kind of statistics about that? I suppose that they could be counted on the fingers of one hand. The merit system itself is great, but the merit limits for achieving a higher rank are too high. Is there some kind of review planned that could lower the limits down?  
Siryosow

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:07:35 PM

So where is the spammers here buddy since everyone on this picture will surely receive accordingly?And so by that I concluded that this misleads the true meaning of the new system.
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:35:22 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 05:58:33 PM by fxstrike

Hahahahaha... nullius, you surely beat me to the beat up on the bad ideas of fxstrike post, and yeah you are probably correct in your assertion that Theymos may have been too generous to allow Jr. Member status without any merits whatsoever, and maybe a requirement to receive something like 2-5 merits would helpful to the forum overall to cause better quality posts right from the start, or otherwise the newbie could just be stuck at newbie status, forever and ever....

I like the way you laugh, its feel so bad, make me think to not laugh at some professor's idea that got memed so bad nobody dare to implement it, and probably never will be forever and ever....

Professor : its soooo irritating to not able to start alt because you are so important here, let me kick some Newbie and Jr. Member asses

leevine77

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

Merit is the key to stop the shits in this forum. This can be the only solution ever to move forward from garbages to clean up the whole system. Stop the ranks is the disadvantage, while promoted to another rank sounds a one million dollar. The achievement that only the wises can be the beneficiaries.
borpolev

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 05:51:13 PM

I wonder if anybody was able to upgrade his rank from Member and higher ranks since the merit system was launched? Is there some kind of statistics about that? I suppose that they could be counted on the fingers of one hand. The merit system itself is great, but the merit limits for achieving a higher rank are too high. Is there some kind of review planned that could lower the limits down?  

I was able to get 10 merits so I'll be able to upgrade to Member. but future upgrades will be much harder.

galkina

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:20:37 PM

There are no statistics about that but I remember one new member getting about 50-60 merits for a single thread. I am sure he will rank up above member level as soon as he reaches the activity. You are right that such people can be counted on hands but still we have to go by rules. I am yet to reach the member level but I think this system is good for the forum. If the forum is taking steps to remove spam and survive longer, it is good for all of us as well.

D E C E N T . C H
        Blockchain Content Distribution Platform       
( ( (   Join Our Telegram @decentch   ) ) )
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:49:06 PM

For me personally this is not a good decision for people to give out merits. I'm over 60 activity now and have 0 merits. How many people will be able to progress this way, i mean relatively new accounts with lower ranks? Giving merit to someone is very subjective, i could do wonderful and elaborate posts and yet still have 0 merit. You'd better consider the old way of accumulating merits. I need to get upgraded to member.

P.S. I'm registered since last summer, I would appreciate if you show me some love (merits)
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:06:29 PM

For me personally this is not a good decision for people to give out merits. I'm over 60 activity now and have 0 merits. How many people will be able to progress this way, i mean relatively new accounts with lower ranks? Giving merit to someone is very subjective, i could do wonderful and elaborate posts and yet still have 0 merit. You'd better consider the old way of accumulating merits. I need to get upgraded to member.

P.S. I'm registered since last summer, I would appreciate if you show me some love (merits)

Do not get disappointed with this failure. I am sure that sooner or later your posts will get recognized if you putting some effort. From my experience, there are members here who reward new members for quality posts. In fact, I am sure that the merit sources are little tilted towards new members so as to encourage them. One advice for you, I have seen members getting good number of merits in meta section. Thus try to make meaningful posts here quite often and you will certainly get some merits. Best of luck.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:06:41 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1), LFC_Bitcoin (1)

That simply means merit system is unfair and so is life.I'm actually glad merit system is going to teach you kids real life survival techniques when exposed to sadistic corporate life.Besides that,why do you need a rank update ?
 - Is it a necessity ? NO
 - Does that make you feel good ? NO
 - Does it help you get paid from signature campaigns ? YES! And this is why the system is doing wonders.

The number one rule of the merit system,
 - Don't beg for merits. (you just did and I hope you wouldn't repeat it since it may land you a negative feedback)
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: