Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:41:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166613 times)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:23:19 PM

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Member6010

Does this mean I must to have 10 merits to be able to rank up to member rank?
I'm not sure I can get merit, because for me to get 1 merit it is very difficult.

People who read just the first post and then reply shouldn't gain any merits...

You have to admit that is better than the (stunningly vast) majority that don't even read the first post and reply anyway...  Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FacelessCrypto

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:50:39 AM

This is so tough to get merits.. unless you are in CLAN.
I think It will be years for me to become next rank and a decade to become hero member status.. I remember Lufthansa's miles and more loyality program  status levels of  blue silver gold and senator levels..it's tough..but at least   one can earn points by  own money and efforts.but here it's someone's perception on your actions. One good part is that this merit system teach people how to beg😂😂😂😂😂for something.

Does we have a clan in this forum? is this place an online game now?

Yeah indeed, merit teach people how to beg. It is up to you on how you are going to beg, begging in a "classy way" or begging like a beggar. You know what i mean by "classy way" or if you dont know, what i mean by "classy way" is people making a great thread and great post hoping to get merit but they dont asking around for merit in their thread or post.

Choose one, classy or beggar.

You are a rare bird with 239merits with 196 activity..🙏👋👋👋👋

So either you are a clan leader🙏or so blessed one in posting and I am sure you are second one type.

Incidently most of your merits came from  not with  coin related posting.. but from posts and comments about supporting new merit systems directly or indirectly..

You are a smart one to get things in your pocket😉

Well i must say, i am not a rare one, there are many users are way better than me, like waaaaaay better. You can see it in the merit stats even my name dont showed up there because there are other users who are getting more merits than me.

And why is that? I would say the majority get it because the quality posts, and secondly because they are famous, not a clan like you suggest, because sending merit back and forth can be accused as merit farming. This is some of my posts that i think is good enough to get merit, you can see it if you want and look how much effort did i give.

1. How do you feel about merit system??
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822349.msg28909933#msg28909933

2. Lets break QA merit activity
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2947171.msg30272338#msg30272338

3. Thread about giving english lesson to members on my local board, now we re in a telegram group to do english conversation daily
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3061774.msg31530669#msg31530669

4. I forgot the others.

Just do the hardwork and you will earn your merits.

Don't read me wrong. I already said you are blessed one in posting.

Wise_man

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:32:46 AM

In addition to activity, everyone now has a merit score, and you need both a certain activity level and a certain merit score in order to reach higher member ranks. The required scores are:

Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

You get merit points when someone sends you some for one of your posts. Additionally, when someone sends you merit points, half of those points can be sent by you to other people.

Certain users are designated as "merit sources". They can create new merit out of nothing, up to a limited number per month (which differs per source). I will not be posting a definitive list of merit sources (so that people don't bug them too much), though you'll soon figure out who they are if you pay attention.

There is currently no such thing as a "demerit". I'm hoping that the positive merits alone will be fine. I could add demerits pretty easily later on if necessary, though.

I'm hoping that this system will increase post quality by:
 - Forcing people to post high-quality stuff in order to rank up. If you just post garbage, you will never get even 1 merit point, and you will therefore never be able to put links in your signature, etc.
 - Highlighting good posts with the "Merited by" line.

While we will not be directly moderating this, I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

Do not beg for merit excessively.

Useful infographics

Forum users have helpfully created some infographics to explain the merit system:
paxmao's infographic
ibminer's infographic
8Habits's infographic
JetSet11's infographic
zentdex's infographic
alia_armelle's infographic

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

Trivia:

For current members, your initial merit score is equal to the minimum required to your rank. Of that, a certain amount (less than the usual half) is spendable. The spendable amount was calculated based on your current rank and the number of activity points you earned in the last year. A Legendary member who hasn't posted in the last year would still be Legendary, but would not have any spendable merit.

If someone sends you 1 merit, the 0.5 sMerit is not wasted; it is just not shown until you get another merit point.

There are stats here, and you can find someone's merit summary by clicking the "merit" link on their profile.

I qoute this to save in my post history so that everytime I log in I will read it first to understand more and educate myself and also I can easily share it to other new member like me asking about how to earn merit.

krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:47:58 AM

Yes I know. I just want to express what I feel. I apologize if there is a mistake on my post.

Nothing wrong in expressing your opinion or thoughts about the merit system and you are free to do so. But have you made any post deserving enough to get some merit. I mean if you have made some good posts and not got merit, then this complain is more valid. Looking at your posting history: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1257750;sa=showPosts , it does not look like this. Most of the posts made are bumps on the service you provide.
sherwinaze

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:32:22 AM

Member6010

I'm not sure I can get merit, because for me to get 1 merit it is very difficult.

Dont be confused about merit system be confident on your self and make a quality post to get merit. every person in this forum is start in newbie rank like us but now many of  them  had a high rank. they read a lot about this forum and knowledge everything.  thats the way they get  their rank if you really know everything about how to increase your post they give you a merit. so keep moving and read more about how can you get merit..
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:39:26 AM

Have you analysed the reasons why you are having hard time getting a merit:

1) Are you making the required effort: I went through some of your old posts and it clearly shows that they are not of very high quality. Since there is huge competition for merit points, you will have to defeat others in terms of quality.

2) Are you making enough posts: The number of posts you made so far are also very less. The more posts you make, more are the chances of getting noticed.

Finally, you also need to active and creative to increase the chances. For instance, some members are getting good number of merits for images they created.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:45:34 AM

2) Are you making enough posts: The number of posts you made so far are also very less. The more posts you make, more are the chances of getting noticed.

That is terrible advice. Spend 10x more time reading and learning from the forum than you do posting. That way you stand a chance to gain some knowledge and then make a valuable contribution when you do post. Over-posting just to increase activity was the very problem the merit system was brought in to solve. Making more posts if you have nothing to add to the conversation will certainly get you noticed, but only as a spammer.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BR0
Copper Member

Activity: 81

SIGS CREATION SERVICE - https://goo.gl/ChWJFn

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

Have you analysed the reasons why you are having hard time getting a merit:

1) Are you making the required effort: I went through some of your old posts and it clearly shows that they are not of very high quality. Since there is huge competition for merit points, you will have to defeat others in terms of quality.

Finally, you also need to active and creative to increase the chances. For instance, some members are getting good number of merits for images they created.

I do not want to ask for sMerit on anyone and also to my customers, I just want them to give sMerit to me with their own wishes without having to ask me. I will continue to follow this stream and continue to learn to be better. Btw, thank you very much for all who have given input to me in the previous post. Smiley
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:27:52 PM

That is terrible advice. Spend 10x more time reading and learning from the forum than you do posting. That way you stand a chance to gain some knowledge and then make a valuable contribution when you do post. Over-posting just to increase activity was the very problem the merit system was brought in to solve. Making more posts if you have nothing to add to the conversation will certainly get you noticed, but only as a spammer.

But since people believe more posts will increase their chance on getting merrited, isn't this proof that this system is not working? I believe it is.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:53:35 PM

But since people believe more posts will increase their chance on getting merrited, isn't this proof that this system is not working? I believe it is.

No, it's proof that a lot of people are stupid.

You must know the quote:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Eventually, after shitposting relentlessly they'll work out they need to do something other than more shitposting to get merit.

smartsan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:06:19 PM

hello admin,
My post activity is 126.But still in the member position can you please explain me.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
anakrea

Activity: 116
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:12:18 PM

hello admin,
My post activity is 126.But still in the member position can you please explain me.

And this post is the reason why quantity of posts has nothing to do with the quality. If you are not even able to read the opening post in a thread (or one of the hundreds of explanations in here) then you are not qualified to increase your rank...

(At least you found the thread with the answer to your question, now you just have to read it [Hint: it is in the first post]...  Roll Eyes)

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings
romanovst

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:20:28 PM

I never meant that one should compromise with the quality of posts while making those posts. I do agree with you regarding new members spending more time to acquire some knowledge first. Once that part is done and if a member is able to give sufficient time, he can post frequently. He will no doubt have more chances of getting merits than a member making less number of posts of same quality. It is just my opinion though based on my personal experience. I am not active on this forum for all seven days of the forum though as my other works do not allow me to.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1178

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:25:42 PM

hello admin,

To get new rank you need more 90 Merits.
It's quite a long road to your goal now...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 02:25:53 PM

I never meant that one should compromise with the quality of posts while making those posts. I do agree with you regarding new members spending more time to acquire some knowledge first. Once that part is done and if a member is able to give sufficient time, he can post frequently. He will no doubt have more chances of getting merits than a member making less number of posts of same quality. It is just my opinion though based on my personal experience. I am not active on this forum for all seven days of the forum though as my other works do not allow me to.

The chances of getting merit are only enhanced if more people read the posts, that's not necessarily increased by posting more. Engaging in debate is far more likely to result in that than simply more volume.

crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:11:26 PM

This made it virtually impossible to level up.

Even if I write a really high-quality post, maybe 100 people really like it but only 2 of them have spendable merit because they used it already.

I don't understand how this system is supposed to help anyone level up?

Instead, it just makes sure that the people who already put in the work previously, will be rewarded for it.

It's virtually impossible to gather 250/ 500/ 1000 merit scores if you don't have the rank yet.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:19:05 PM

This made it virtually impossible to level up.

Even if I write a really high-quality post, maybe 100 people really like it but only 2 of them have spendable merit because they used it already.

I don't understand how this system is supposed to help anyone level up?

Instead, it just makes sure that the people who already put in the work previously, will be rewarded for it.

It's virtually impossible to gather 250/ 500/ 1000 merit scores if you don't have the rank yet.

Really? I started on 250 Merit as a Sr Member so I need 250 to rank up to Hero. Since 24th January I've got 147 of those so only another 103 to get. It takes 8.5 months to get the activity required, so this isn't going to slow people down at all, let alone make it impossible.

Fleisher

Activity: 189
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:16:25 PM

in a way this system is good to prevent spam. but i would make some changes to this system. like stated in another post above,  i also think that is hard to achieve the merit ranks, especially for the newbies. i would bet that an old member would give more merit to older members than to newbies. this is basic psychology and also in the endgame, a older member will expect more merit from an older member then from a newbie. why? simple. a full member has lets say 200 merit and 100 merit to give a way. a newbie has 10merit and 5 merit to give away. so what do you think of whom you will have greater chances to receive merit?

and btw this is not my original account. my original sr. member account got hacked so now I am a junior Smiley

buy me a beer with Tezos tz1eUaNAVLTxCkQ2zDjbiYzPfFpVETfbZsrX
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10999682
xBoxLive

Activity: 266
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:21:59 PM

Like I said previously, I login Bitcointalk.org everyday to sell misc. digital items I have. Now instead of ranking up to be a "trustworthy" member of the forum, I now have to get 100 merits in order to accomplish this. I feel like I went to a auto auction, won a car for $1000, then had to pay $1.5k in fee's to get the car :/ What shit
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:34:46 PM

in a way this system is good to prevent spam. but i would make some changes to this system. like stated in another post above,  i also think that is hard to achieve the merit ranks, especially for the newbies. i would bet that an old member would give more merit to older members than to newbies. this is basic psychology and also in the endgame, a older member will expect more merit from an older member then from a newbie. why? simple. a full member has lets say 200 merit and 100 merit to give a way. a newbie has 10merit and 5 merit to give away. so what do you think of whom you will have greater chances to receive merit?

and btw this is not my original account. my original sr. member account got hacked so now I am a junior Smiley

First did you try to recover that account by following all the required steps.

Now regarding this behaviors that you mentioned is something related to expecting merits from the member to who you are giving. I am not a senior member or one with any friends here but I think that human emotions may compel some people to do so. One should still ensure that the merits are being sent to deserving posts only. May be the admin makes changes to the system so that new members can also earn merits easily.
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: