Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:11:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:15:50 PM

Well that is where the FTC and other things come into play. The FTC can file on behalf of the consumer. But as they have opted to just largely ignore everyone (even if they are furiously assembling miners but not shipping them) then they still have to contend with the fact that they intended to ship. For all we know they could be assembled and they are mining coins with the hardware. Pure speculation here but easily plausible. Plenty of reasons for concern right now as there is nothing coming from them at this point. We have nothing to show for what we paid. That is the bottom line right now. No refunds it seems either. If anyone actually gets a refund or has heard from them (ISAWHIM you ever hear back from them on the job?) that would be nice to know something at this point.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:19:10 PM

I think it's pretty well established what they have been doing/not doing at this point. Whatever customer support they had, really has gone out the window. They need to start showing some kind of communication to their customers. Public announcements on their website for starters. Something or a mass email to their customers detailing the reason for the delays.

The fact that Josh did not respond to any of the folks who volunteered to help in 'assembly' tells me that there's nothing left to expect from this AMT.

The best we can all do now is help build our legal case against the company.

Can anyone check if they are accepting new orders?  

I want to know that despite failure to deliver, whether AMT continues to accept new orders.

I believe they are. If you look at the 'remaining inventory' left on the newer model miners (2.4/3.2) the numbers have gone down from what they previously were for what's "still avaiable to purchase for April".

Yes.  They appear to be still taking orders.  They also are claiming 6 weeks delivery.

Bitmine at least said that they are not taking new orders.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:22:02 PM

Perhaps they are mining coins until the very last moment in which they can get the miners to customers without being liable, then shipping.

We'll see in another 10 days I guess.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:29:45 PM

Perhaps they are mining coins until the very last moment in which they can get the miners to customers without being liable, then shipping.

We'll see in another 10 days I guess.

Doubtful.  If the had just one 1.2 Th/S they would have shipped it to placate the buyers.  The would have a video of it running.

I don't know why AMT thinks they can get away with not refunding the money.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
opieum2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:31:00 PM

the not so funny thing is... AMT will come on this board and state some more lies soon and everyone will right back at their feet groveling for their miner or refund and kissing their asses.

Like I said...talk is cheap. I agree that might happen. They have consistently not delivered on their promises in this official forum. Even an honest update at this point will be viewed with suspicion until they PROVE they are shipping miners. Honestly they should do what a couple of other mining companies did. BFL and cointerra highlighted a couple of their Pick Up At the office orders and made a blog showing this with pics and all. And maybe a user who is already known on here might go a long way and can vet towards alleviating some of the PR pain they have been dealing with. I'm just saying they could use the positive press because the silence is turning into a potentially costly mess for them.

Actual delivery of hardware will go a long way. That really is the only way for them to regain any credibility with the overall community.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:37:07 PM

the not so funny thing is... AMT will come on this board and state some more lies soon and everyone will right back at their feet groveling for their miner or refund and kissing their asses.

Like I said...talk is cheap. I agree that might happen. They have consistently not delivered on their promises in this official forum. Even an honest update at this point will be viewed with suspicion until they PROVE they are shipping miners. Honestly they should do what a couple of other mining companies did. BFL and cointerra highlighted a couple of their Pick Up At the office orders and made a blog showing this with pics and all. And maybe a user who is already known on here might go a long way and can vet towards alleviating some of the PR pain they have been dealing with. I'm just saying they could use the positive press because the silence is turning into a potentially costly mess for them.

Actual delivery of hardware will go a long way. That really is the only way for them to regain any credibility with the overall community.

Their supplier Bitmine is having trouble delivering.  The revision 3 boards are still 2-3 weeks away.

AMT has inventory that is just sitting there that's not deliverable.   They've got photos of the units, but I've never seen a photo of a working unit.   At best, they have all the parts and nothing that works!

BTW.... has anyone order just the coincraft A1 chips from them?  They've claimed delivery.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YourPalToots

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:38:41 PM

They better do something quickly. The snowball has started down the hill.
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:14:33 PM

They could be mining for our refunds. Let's hope that isn't the case.

Giorgio from Bitmine hasn't been much help. I PM'd him asking for an order list of what AMT has purchased from them. They wouldn't disclose that information without AMT signing off on it. Wouldn't it be something if Giorgio informed us that AMT only purchased the chips shown in the pictures?
(Insufficient amount to fulfill what was ordered from AMT).

Perhaps it's time we put some pressure on Bitmine. If they sold chips to AMT who isn't delivering or communicating, they should step up and inform the investors (us) about what was bought from them. It is their product on the line anyways, and the video of Josh and Giorgio talking about how "AMT IS THE OFFICIAL BITMINE DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA" ties Bitmine to this debacle.

In other words, once Giorgio decided to star in a video with Josh claiming this: he essentially vouched for Josh to the community. Now that Josh appears to be fucking us over, Giorgio needs to step up and do the right thing.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:22:16 PM

Giorgio from Bitmine hasn't been much help. I PM'd him asking for an order list of what AMT has purchased from them. They wouldn't disclose that information without AMT signing off on it. Wouldn't it be something if Giorgio informed us that AMT only purchased the chips shown in the pictures?

Perhaps it's time we put some pressure on Bitmine. If they sold chips to AMT who isn't delivering or communicating, they should step up and inform the investors (us) about what was bought from them. It is their product on the line anyways, and the video of Josh and Giorgio talking about how "AMT IS THE OFFICIAL BITMINE DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE USA" ties Bitmine to this debacle.

In other words, once Giorgio decided to star in a video with Josh claiming this: he essentially vouched for Josh to the community. Now that Josh appears to be fucking us over, Giorgio needs to step up and do the right thing.

I did shoot bitmine an email the other day asking them to use there contact with amt to try and get them communicating.  I did drop In the idea that I wasn't sure how vulnerable they would be to litigation  as a Co - defendant in a case against AMT. But I hardly think you could try them in a PA small claims court.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:27:52 PM

My guess is that Giorgio is also getting fucked by amt in this whole thing by accoiation. He can't make amt communicate and we don't have any express ed contract with him.I don't know if there is any implied contact with him as chip designer if it's the chip that is defective.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:52:17 PM

My guess is that Giorgio is also getting fucked by amt in this whole thing by accoiation. He can't make amt communicate and we don't have any express ed contract with him.I don't know if there is any implied contact with him as chip designer if it's the chip that is defective.

We definitely need to figure out how to tie Bitmine.ch to this mess.

I mean, if you vouched for AMT as "exclusive distributor for U.S.A":

We’re happy to announce that Advanced Mining Technology Inc. has been awarded an exclusive distribution contract for Bitmine’s CoinCraft A1 based products in the USA! Customers from the US can finally purchase miners based on the industry leading CoinCraft A1 technology directly from AMT, a local manufacturer of Bitcoin miners.

Then Bitmine should have some responsibility if they don't deliver.     This is a bit complicated because it spans different countries.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:57:08 PM

BTW... selling my 1.2THs AMT ASIC Miner ... order #961  (Was to be shipped this week, but I received no notification from AMT).

I will entertain all reasonable prices!   AMT sells the unit for $5,500.  PM me with your price!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:59:24 PM

We’re happy to announce that Advanced Mining Technology Inc. has been awarded an exclusive distribution contract for Bitmine’s CoinCraft A1 based products in the USA! Customers from the US can finally purchase miners based on the industry leading CoinCraft A1 technology directly from AMT, a local manufacturer of Bitcoin miners.

Then Bitmine should have some responsibility if they don't deliver.     This is a bit complicated because it spans different countries.

It's simple. If Bitmine wants to "do right", Giorgio will cooperate with us and let us know how much hardware AMT purchased from them. If we knew that, then we could find out if AMT even bought enough hardware to fulfill all of the orders placed for miners.

Maybe we can also find out if AMT has returned any hardware and what they have brought to Bitmine in terms of build/manufacturing issues.

It would be a good starting point.

If Giorgio doesn't want to cooperate with the community, well then Bitmine's name will be smeared along with AMT's. This isn't a threat, just the reality of what happens when you associate with a fraud, and not try to make things right after learning this.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:03:37 PM

Then Bitmine should have some responsibility if they don't deliver.     This is a bit complicated because it spans different countries.

It's simple. If Bitmine wants to "do right", Giorgio will cooperate with us and let us know how much hardware AMT purchased from them. If we knew that, then we could find out if AMT even bought enough hardware to fulfill all of the orders placed for miners.

Maybe we can also find out if AMT has returned any hardware and what they have brought to Bitmine in terms of build/manufacturing issues.

If Giorgio doesn't want to cooperate with the community, well then Bitmine's name will be smeared along with AMT's. This isn't a threat, just the reality of what happens when you associate with a fraud, and not try to make things right after learning this.

I nominate you to figure out these details!

Best of luck!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:08:20 PM

I nominate you to figure out these details!

Best of luck!!

I'll PM him to visit the thread and ask if he can help us out with information.

Don't hold your breath.
sirminesalot

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:13:43 PM

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204

AMT Still listed as "AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR".
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:20:43 PM

http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=5204

AMT Still listed as "AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR".

Yup... very strange indeed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:29:07 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 06:41:43 PM by FrictionlessCoin

Another Coincraft A1 manufacturer selling on eBay... this time it is from Atlanta GA:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1TH-Bitcoin-Miner-Mining-Rig-1TH-S-COINCRAFT-28nm-ASIC-Chip-Cointerra-Hashfast-/171271886551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e09996d7

Here's an interesting detail about it:  Item will be shipped from Atlanta, GA or our factory in Shenzhen via DHL Express.

•This batch will be shipping on March 28th.
•Newest model with highest efficiency, compact form factor and built-in power supply!
•40 x Coincraft A1 28nm ASIC Chips
•Embedded CGMiner with complete stand-alone operation
•Achieve blistering hash rates as high as 1000 - 1300 GHash/sec sustained

Also,  the Dragon Miner from CoinHash:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BITCOIN-MINER-1TH-s-1-3TH-COINCRAFT-A1-28NM-ASIC-1000GH-S-DragonMiner-not-KNC-/281290037075?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417e315753

Hash rate: 1TH/s = 1000GH/s (can overclock to over 1.3TH/s = 1300GH/s)
Processor Chips: Coincraft A1 28nm ASIC Chips
Modules: 5 module boards (200GH/s per board) +/- 20% tolerance.
Control Board: Raspberry PI with SD Card slot (ARM11 700MHz CPU, 512 MB RAM) and 8GB flash storage
Access: Web based interface via IP address (Linux 3.6.11 OS)
Monitor: LCD Screen with real time stats.
Power consumption: about 1040 watts from the wall
Power connection: 3 +12V DC input
Power efficiency: 1W/GH/s on wall
Size: 18.9in x 12.2in x 13.8in (48cm x 31cm x 35cm)
Network connection: Ethernet Cable
Cooling: Three (3) x 12cm PWM fans and customized heat sinks
Total weight: 48lbs. (22kg)

Also look at this one (seems to have a similar red board as the previous listing)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1TH-COINCRAFT-28nm-ASIC-Chip-Bitcoin-BTC-Miner-Mining-1TH-S-not-Cointerra-Avalon-/201054097246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecfc20f5e&nma=true&si=rjCFrdEo1JjBwvveAR80AzYFcxI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:50:28 PM

LOL guys, I think you have it all wrong, Bitmine and Giorgios credibility with the community is already in the toilet. Have you actually spent any time in the bitmine thread?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
opieum2

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:50:43 PM

Reputation alone can hurt. At the moment its a crowded space. The only players who will win out are the ones who deliver and can provide superior customer service. This community may be a bit contentious at times, but it appears to be effective getting results from vendors. The successful ones have been the ones who have set correct expectations and have not misled their customers. My initial assessment when I came on here was that those people flaming the company were trolls. I still hold that opinion about the people who have nothing to contribute but trash talk. But there have been some who when looking further have contributed details that were relevant in outing the companies business practices. The important thing here is to sort the fact from fiction and ignore the totally useless crap. Then you get a real picture of whats going on. Misleading statements, unfulfilled promises and in that manner a consistent patter of both, that's generally the red flag.

AMT lost the trust of the community when they decided to attack it and "punish" customers from is evidenced on the emailed interactions on more than one person. Throwing customers under the bus isn't helpful. Having the support of a few people is not enough. The feedback is clear. Communicate clearly and honestly. MEET your expectations. I will repeat this in the hopes that they see it and actually deliver on that. The failure here was that AMT clearly seems to have decided to abandon communications. Now the community is starting to mobilize against them.

They clearly are not a scam just apparently horribly mismanaged from a public perspective, but they are in sore need a of a PR person to handle communications. A social media community manager. They have a facebook, twitter and even a skype account. And their own blog. None of which are being used to full effect in my opinion.

This situation now has everyone watching them and putting them under the microscope. Sadly tho with some people this needs to happen to get them to right themselves. There was plenty of feedback early on that might have helped avoid all this.

Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: