Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:02:52 PM

Well if AMT doesn't want people posting reviews and blogs on the internet, that's exactly what we should do! We should post as many reviews and blogs as possible detailing how poor AMT is as a company. No emails, no call backs, and now no updates even? Legal action is great but in order to stick it to AMT we should shed light on the truth behind Josh Zipkin and his bogus companies created soley with the intent of stealing  money. We should post so many reviews that Mr Zipkin has to go back to Bulgaria to carry on with his shenanigans. We need to make it so that Josh can no longer run these bogus start ups, and if it keeps him from acquiring a legitimate job in the process then so be it - he brought that upon himself. The truth is out greatest weapon against AMT, and sometimes the truth can be excruciatingly painful.

If you ask me, time has come and passed for apologies and acceptable "setbacks". There are people here who were promised delivery MONTHS ago and are stil left empty handed. My order is very closely approaching my two month deadline. It's time to take matters into our own hands and do the one thing AMT REALLY doesn't want us to do... Write detailed and truthful reviews about our horrific experience.

To whoever started that AMT clients blog page - thank you for that. I will be submitting my review as well shortly.

+1 - depending on how this turns out, we should make sure to document everything on blogs so that when Joshua Zipkin is googled: these blogs come up letting people know of his shady business dealings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdiggy

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:50:40 PM

Has anyone thought of this-
Purchasing that Amt miner on eBay and reselling if its real? If its not, there's eBay buyer protection and it its real we have proof of an actual amt 1.2th miner.

Also-
What do you guys think about those other 1th miners surfacing on eBay. Seem to he legit. I'm wondering if I should order one while I'm waiting on AMT...
-mdiggy
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:20:24 PM

Dr. Gamma

You might possibly want to remove scam from the website. Especially the definitive "is a scam" just to protect your self. Maybe make it a question. Is AMT a scam?  It keeps it from being libelous if they do have miners that just haven't shipped because of the hardware issues but still plants the seed and questions about the company.

You wouldn't want to give them a reason to launch a countersuit.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:57:34 PM

Here's another entity Joshua Boy and Daddy-O built using his windfall bitcoins he con from the community: http://www.fullcycledistributors.com/

Brand management, you got to be fucking kidding me?

That's a real knee slaper Roll Eyes

rik_khaos

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:17:45 PM

Here's another entity Joshua Boy and Daddy-O built using his windfall bitcoins he con from the community: http://www.fullcycledistributors.com/

Where are you seeing the connection to josh or harrison at here?

I'm just not seeing it,if you can point me in the right direction.

mdiggy

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:58:53 PM

Willing to trade Josh's personal email for cell phone number! Reply if interested!
DrGamma

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:20:51 PM

Dr. Gamma

You might possibly want to remove scam from the website. Especially the definitive "is a scam" just to protect your self. Maybe make it a question. Is AMT a scam?  It keeps it from being libelous if they do have miners that just haven't shipped because of the hardware issues but still plants the seed and questions about the company.

Definition of scam from internet:

"scam
noun
a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle."

This describes exactly what has been done to me. They lied that they would deliver a 1.2TH miner on 1/25/2014 and several subsequent dates (still no delivery as of 3/22/2014 and no updates on progress). They refused payment with a credit card knowing I would get a refund if they did not deliver. They made a quick profit. Time of delivery of the unit was of the essence because of the nature of bitcoin difficulty increasing. They knew this and used it to pressure customers like me to pay them with wire transfers. Even if they deliver the miner tomorrow, I've already lost about 10 bitcoins with this delay.

I have not sued them, just want to warn others about what is going on. If they were honest and stated the miners were a vision they would like to develop with our money and not a product that would be delivered on a given date, I would have waited to invest (like many others that were scammed like me.)

Updated today again:

http://www.advancedminers-clients.com/

I'm keeping the fact that they scammed me on the site at this time, because they clearly did.
DrGamma

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:29:35 PM

Has anyone thought of this-
Purchasing that Amt miner on eBay and reselling if its real? If its not, there's eBay buyer protection and it its real we have proof of an actual amt 1.2th miner.

Also-
What do you guys think about those other 1th miners surfacing on eBay. Seem to he legit. I'm wondering if I should order one while I'm waiting on AMT...
-mdiggy

The nice thing about ebay and using paypal, you are protected from non delivery or DOA / fake merchandise. You get your money back from paypal. This happened to me twice putting my current rig together. Two ASIC boards were never delivered, but I got refunds from paypal for both. The other 10 I got on ebay are working fine.

Make sure before ordering that you are actually getting hardware to be delivered by a specific date. Read all the fine print carefully and be convinced that is really what they are saying. Many of those ads state they are pre-orders or have different shipping dates than appear in the main ad.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:37:09 PM

@mdiggy Not a good idea to go at his personal info. That can backfire pretty bad. If we are going to demonstrate as a community that they need to deliver or refund us our money, it needs to be more against the business of AMT and the assets they are holding. If they have the hardware they need to inform us they have the hardware. And more so prove it. Pics without the exif data stripped out. Would be nice to know when the photos were taken and roughly where. The thing one would want to avoid is them using the personal harassment in any lawsuit. If you are looking at suing them and they happen to get info that you were calling them, they can possibly use that against you. It would weaken your case, BUT you still have legs to stand on. OR out of retaliation they can flip it around by suing in criminal court with harassment or whatever laws can apply there. The libel thing for anything written. At this juncture anyone going up against them needs to toe that line carefully lest they run afoul on their own. You can talk tough, but realize that doesn't count for crap once you are in that situation. Legally it could be seen as retaliatory on their part and you are ok. BUT be careful either way.

I personally am looking at it from the perspective that I am fulfilling my obligation to wait until the end of the month before I proceed with any further action. At least I can show the court that they said End of march on their website. Of course they have changed it since then, But there are plenty of snaphots on the internet to look at of the website that prove my position. A change like that without a reason for delays does legally constitute a bait and switch. So I figure I can wait it out and see what happens. Anyone who had a February delivery in writing or a promised shipping date can also do the same now. But for them to truly be held liable its going to take a class action to make anything happen.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
mdiggy

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:42:24 PM

@mdiggy Not a good idea to go at his personal info. That can backfire pretty bad. If we are going to demonstrate as a community that they need to deliver or refund us our money, it needs to be more against the business of AMT and the assets they are holding. If they have the hardware they need to inform us they have the hardware. And more so prove it. Pics without the exif data stripped out. Would be nice to know when the photos were taken and roughly where. The thing one would want to avoid is them using the personal harassment in any lawsuit. If you are looking at suing them and they happen to get info that you were calling them, they can possibly use that against you. It would weaken your case, BUT you still have legs to stand on. OR out of retaliation they can flip it around by suing in criminal court with harassment or whatever laws can apply there. The libel thing for anything written. At this juncture anyone going up against them needs to toe that line carefully lest they run afoul on their own. You can talk tough, but realize that doesn't count for crap once you are in that situation. Legally it could be seen as retaliatory on their part and you are ok. BUT be careful either way.

I personally am looking at it from the perspective that I am fulfilling my obligation to wait until the end of the month before I proceed with any further action. At least I can show the court that they said End of march on their website. Of course they have changed it since then, But there are plenty of snaphots on the internet to look at of the website that prove my position. A change like that without a reason for delays does legally constitute a bait and switch. So I figure I can wait it out and see what happens. Anyone who had a February delivery in writing or a promised shipping date can also do the same now. But for them to truly be held liable its going to take a class action to make anything happen.
Good thought, I appreciate the input. If you dont receive anything by next month, what is your next course of action?
opieum2

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:51:44 PM

Good thought, I appreciate the input. If you dont receive anything by next month, what is your next course of action?

Keeping that to myself. Sorry. I got options and resources but rather not broadcast my next moves. Once I am ready to roll I will. They have also ceased responding to me via email or apparently taking anyone's calls (going to voicemail now due to "call volume"). If they are looking to get the hardware out, great. But seeing, as I have not gotten a good impression of their business based on their online interaction I will be happy to quickly conclude business with them with either a refund or hardware. If I get neither, well again...I got my own resources I am getting ready.

rik_khaos

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:39:18 PM

Dr. Gamma

You might possibly want to remove scam from the website. Especially the definitive "is a scam" just to protect your self. Maybe make it a question. Is AMT a scam?  It keeps it from being libelous if they do have miners that just haven't shipped because of the hardware issues but still plants the seed and questions about the company.

Definition of scam from internet:

"scam
noun
a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle."

This describes exactly what has been done to me. They lied that they would deliver a 1.2TH miner on 1/25/2014 and several subsequent dates (still no delivery as of 3/22/2014 and no updates on progress). They refused payment with a credit card knowing I would get a refund if they did not deliver. They made a quick profit. Time of delivery of the unit was of the essence because of the nature of bitcoin difficulty increasing. They knew this and used it to pressure customers like me to pay them with wire transfers. Even if they deliver the miner tomorrow, I've already lost about 10 bitcoins with this delay.

I have not sued them, just want to warn others about what is going on. If they were honest and stated the miners were a vision they would like to develop with our money and not a product that would be delivered on a given date, I would have waited to invest (like many others that were scammed like me.)

Updated today again:

http://www.advancedminers-clients.com/

I'm keeping the fact that they scammed me on the site at this time, because they clearly did.

It's not as simple as you make it. This business is mostly a preorder market. They don't have to claim it was a vision to develop with your money. If there is a delay they are required to inform you of it though. At the time  I ordered it was obvious they were taking pre orders for batches of unfinished product like most of the other miner sites working with new chip technology. If you looked on bitmines site or on AMTs site (if they didn't back date it like they did in Feb) they they talk about tape out which means the chips weren't even ready for the product. That alone is going to play in their favor. Plus the terms of their sale make reference to delays especially if it is due to their suppliers, which would have been the case for your shipment because the chip manufacturer didn't deliver on time. So their belief that the manufacture could keep their timetable does not equal fraud.

How did they use it to pressure you? Just curious, because they never once called me to solicit a payment maybe it was different for you. Plus I had the ability to pay via bitcoin, wire or check. I chose check of my own free will without any pressure

They as a business are able to choose which forms of payment they will accept. They apparently accept payments for their smaller units (or so they say) via credit card probably because they had merch or supplies on hand. With credit cards you are going to have to deal with a ton of chargebacks which would be a pain in the ass with a pre-order product so they didn't accept them for the 1.2th miner.

You've not lost 10 bitcoins. You can't count what you would have made as a loss as any amount you thought you would have got  was purely speculation because you had no control over how slow or fast that difficulty was going to raise. Or I should say by how much not how quickly.

They haven't followed federal regulations, but again that doesn't prove there is a fraudulent scheme, that would require proof that they didn't intend to ever assemble, never bought parts, or didn't intend to ever ship the product.

You clicked that you read the terms, just like everyone else so like everyone else that is on you.

rik_khaos

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:24:53 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 01:35:44 AM by rik_khaos

Yeah this is part of a larger business.

We had a similar one back home where they would sell these same types of services and it was well before AMT even existed.

You are seeing the same listings all over america because they recruit using the same script. You open your own branch essentially as an independent business owner. It's a multi-level marketing company just dealing in services instead of products.

It's possible one or both of them an IBO with this group but they would have nothing to do with the larger management, and what is often the case with these type of businesses you get a website pre-made for you by the larger entity. So they would all have a website likely sourced from the same place which appears to be Unique Software Development, LLC.

Though this company looks to deal in products and services.  ( Edit: my bad it looks like they are referring to energy delivery as a products , rather than a service.)

Edit: Unique Software Development, LLC specializes in assembling and managing dedicated teams of highly skilled technical professionals to develop complete applications or augment your in-house resources.

With our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX and software development centers in Karachi, Pakistan, Brasov, Romania and Madrid, Spain - we offer you the convenience and security of working with a reliable U.S. corporation plus all the benefits of a highly affordable offshore development team.

This full cycled distributors just appears to be a client of  Unique Software Development, LLC.

Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:07:52 AM

I dont get it.   All of josh's info is right on the web under a simple google search.   His house address his cell phone....  I dont get it.  Did they fail and dont know what to do?  Or this a scam from the start?
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:18:01 AM

If we are going to demonstrate as a community that they need to deliver or refund us our money, it needs to be more against the business of AMT and the assets they are holding.

I alerted people like you months ago, that AMT was run by one-man operation in USA from Bulgaria. All you have is a case against a fictional entity which purposely sold products using the name of an unrelated company. There is no assets, there is no holdings... You were all pretty much duped. Assets were never collected from any fraudulent company involved with Bitcoin and will certainly not happen in the near future.
rik_khaos

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:12:57 AM

Yeah this is part of a larger business.

We had a similar one back home where they would sell these same types of services and it was well before AMT even existed.

You are seeing the same listings all over america because they recruit using the same script. You open your own branch essentially as an independent business owner. It's a multi-level marketing company just dealing in services instead of products.

It's possible one or both of them an IBO with this group but they would have nothing to do with the larger management, and what is often the case with these type of businesses you get a website pre-made for you by the larger entity. So they would all have a website likely sourced from the same place which appears to be Unique Software Development, LLC.

Though this company looks to deal in products and services.  ( Edit: my bad it looks like they are referring to energy delivery as a products , rather than a service.)

Edit: Unique Software Development, LLC specializes in assembling and managing dedicated teams of highly skilled technical professionals to develop complete applications or augment your in-house resources.

With our corporate headquarters in Dallas, TX and software development centers in Karachi, Pakistan, Brasov, Romania and Madrid, Spain - we offer you the convenience and security of working with a reliable U.S. corporation plus all the benefits of a highly affordable offshore development team.

This full cycled distributors just appears to be a client of  Unique Software Development, LLC.

http://www.linkedin.com/company/national-academy-for-software-development-nasd-?trk=top_nav_home

Headquarters
Nishava 163, ent. B, office 1 Sofia, 1406 Bulgaria

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/the-deal-fair

Offices

Headquaters
1254 West Chester Pike
Havertown, PA, 19083
USA

Tech Center
133 Nishava Str.
Sofia, PA, 1404
USA

Unique Software Development is not the same as the national academy  for software development.

Unique Software Development
 9330 Lyndon B Johnson Freeway
         Suite 900
         Dallas, TX 75243

Not PA or Bulgaria all I'm seeing here is to much stretching.

I'd need something way more concrete to connect the two.

rik_khaos

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:32:48 AM

If we are going to demonstrate as a community that they need to deliver or refund us our money, it needs to be more against the business of AMT and the assets they are holding.

I alerted people like you months ago, that AMT was run by one-man operation in USA from Bulgaria. All you have is a case against a fictional entity which purposely sold products using the name of an unrelated company. There is no assets, there is no holdings... You were all pretty much duped. Assets were never collected from any fraudulent company involved with Bitcoin and will certainly not happen in the near future.

IF this is correct it actually makes it easier to go after him, he shows up on a multitude of websites, he's got a video with the guy from bitmine.ch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Q5ECkaHiM
specifically claiming to be with AMT.

So if he's a one man operation, working under the guise of a corporation then he falls subject to the legal premise of piercing the corporate veil which makes all of his personal funds available to those suing him as he was running AMT as an alter ego.  Then you don't have to worry about him hiding money personally from a "corporate account"

Also he does a really good impression of a lady on the phone if he's a one man operation. Too good if you ask me.

alsey7

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:58:26 AM

I havnt been watching "Days of our AMT" soap opera for the past few months i'm very happy i did not buy a miner from them. Ive waited on the whole bitcoin and to tell you truth. Its not worth the time or investent. I think we all have a better chance in winning PowerBall Lotto then ever getting a miner from AMT
otep

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:53:31 PM

has anyone received anything.  i am talking about the all the other miners they make under 1.2th/s
opieum2

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:19:07 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 04:32:56 PM by opieum2

From the unofficial order list, it appears there have been some people who have received hardware. Not a single 1.2THs at this point tho that anyone has confirmed. And with bitmine delays no reason to think there will be until they resolve their issues.

Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: