Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:31:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
kmarei

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:42:52 AM

I just added a second fan to each unit today
The exact same brand and model as the OEM fan that comes in the front
But I don't see rpm for the second fan
Has anyone seen an rpm reading for the second fan?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:00:18 AM

Has anyone every run one of these with 2 PSU's?

no reason why you couldn't - just use 1 PSU per blade, and power both at the same time

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
elduce

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:26:35 PM

Is it ok to run Ants on the balcony with below zero temps?

Now it's OCed, temps are 46-44 (3 additional cheap Zalman fans)
Want to check if it's stable today over WiFi and kick it outside tomorrow.

kmarei, i don't see RPM either, afaik no one does.
I just added a second fan to each unit today
The exact same brand and model as the OEM fan that comes in the front
But I don't see rpm for the second fan
Has anyone seen an rpm reading for the second fan?

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:46:38 PM

I'd be worried about condensation on the units, but I don't know for sure.

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 02:15:28 PM

I'd be worried about condensation on the units, but I don't know for sure.

no condensation cause a working antminer will obviously be warmer than the ambient. Only issue is water droplets/snow flakes/dust being sucked into it...

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:21:31 PM

Haha!  Excellent point!   Grin

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
xloop

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:56:51 PM

no reason why you couldn't - just use 1 PSU per blade, and power both at the same time

I am powering my miners with 2 PSUs on each. Sushi told me not to do this however this seems like the only way to get best out of them. Single PSU sometimes shutdowns and display a lot of Xs. 2 PSUs seem to power them without a problem.
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:04:33 PM

I am powering my miners with 2 PSUs on each. Sushi told me not to do this however this seems like the only way to get best out of them. Single PSU sometimes shutdowns and display a lot of Xs. 2 PSUs seem to power them without a problem.

Electrically there would only be a problem if you had each PSU on a different phase. Used to get this in the old days of RS232 where the printer was a long way from the server as the reference ground volt value was slightly different. It should not cause a problem in a house or single office, I run one of my Ant's on two old 450W Corsairs and it works like a charm.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:04:55 PM

Electrically there would only be a problem if you had each PSU on a different phase. Used to get this in the old days of RS232 where the printer was a long way from the server as the reference ground volt value was slightly different. It should not cause a problem in a house or single office, I run one of my Ant's on two old 450W Corsairs and it works like a charm.

the 12V DC signal has no phase, it should be a consistent current and voltage from both power supplies. anyways, i doubt any of the 12V goes between the blades to cause any issues even if there was phases

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
mackminer

Activity: 348
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:17:30 PM

Hi,
Given the fact that my psu is rated 450watts dc and at that rated would pull about 530ac from the wall - does that mean that I can overclock like others have done?

Thanks.

1BFf3Whvj118A5akc5fHhfLLwxYduMmq1d
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:10:36 AM

Hi,
Given the fact that my psu is rated 450watts dc and at that rated would pull about 530ac from the wall - does that mean that I can overclock like others have done?

Thanks.

Im going to say no, partially because most PSUs cant obtain or maintain long periods of time at the absolute maximum capacity, and generally the consensus is that if you dont have at least a 500W or 550W 12V rail, you will have too many errors and chip failures trying to operate at 400MHz (375MHz may work though)

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 02:46:10 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 03:02:12 PM by allinvain

Hmm, I just noticed that on two of my miners one of the blades uses only half the number of ASICS.

xoxoxoxo xoxoxoxo oooooooo xoooooxo

xoxoxoxo xoxoxoxo oooooooo oooxoooo

so on one blade 2 and on the other blade 1...

Has this happened all of a sudden to anyone else. Could the chips have died? I have not overclocked the unit whatsoever. Time to power cycle them I guess and see if that fixes it.

Edit: After power cycling the units they went back to normal. I was really hoping they would not do this. This is the exact same issue I've had with Avalon units. After some time mining they would lock up and only a power cycle would bring them back to normal.

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:18:40 PM

Hmm, I just noticed that on two of my miners one of the blades uses only half the number of ASICS.

Has this happened all of a sudden to anyone else. Could the chips have died? I have not overclocked the unit whatsoever. Time to power cycle them I guess and see if that fixes it.

Edit: After power cycling the units they went back to normal. I was really hoping they would not do this. This is the exact same issue I've had with Avalon units. After some time mining they would lock up and only a power cycle would bring them back to normal.

Yes, powering the unit fix the issue. I never had it though, hope not to jinx myself.
However its only a indicator, were there hashing speen decrese among x chip indicator?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:28:36 PM

How much can these units be taken upto in terms of hash power beyond the 200GH and safe temps.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
giletto

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:41:48 PM

If the miner ghash power is still good and in the range as have to be, this is only a indication error and nothing to be worry about, or to power cycle.

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
elduce

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:38:42 PM

Hi guys
i'm stuck with WiFi settings Sad

I've created WWAN interface with WiFi in "Client" mode and enabled DHCP. Assigned it to firewall zone wan.
Once i power on Ant with unattached ethernet cable, i can see in my router console that Ant connected via WiFi and has IP 192.168.1.95, but nothing works (ssh/ping/Luci webpage).
If I attach ethernet after few seconds it's recognized by router with default ip 192.168.1.99. Then everything works from both IPs (ssh/ping/Luci webpage)
If i simply deattach ethernet, it falls down again, BUT if i first stop WAN interface from console, Ant switches to WWAN, and works perfectly.

i checked iptables and it seems that for each wan interface the same rule was added for wlan0.
Do i need to add static routes or something else?
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:27:33 PM

the 12V DC signal has no phase, it should be a consistent current and voltage from both power supplies. anyways, i doubt any of the 12V goes between the blades to cause any issues even if there was phases

If you have one PSU on one phase and another on a different phase then the value for reference ground can be different between the two 12DC outputs. This is enough to screw up signalling that uses reference ground between any two pieces of equipment on the two different PSU's that do not exchange their own value for reference ground with the opposite receiver.

Ant's have two blades, each individually powered, now I don't know what the signalling protocol is used between the two hence my statement that there could be a problem. Perhaps this is why Sushi said not to do this.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:36:06 PM

If you have one PSU on one phase and another on a different phase then the value for reference ground can be different between the two 12DC outputs. This is enough to screw up signalling that uses reference ground between any two pieces of equipment on the two different PSU's that do not exchange their own value for reference ground with the opposite receiver.

Ant's have two blades, each individually powered, now I don't know what the signalling protocol is used between the two hence my statement that there could be a problem. Perhaps this is why Sushi said not to do this.

+1

With that being said, there should be no problem as long as you plug both PSU's into the same wall socket.

Plugging PSU's into different wall sockets may present problems if they are on different legs...especially if your building has grounding problems.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:04:54 PM

Hi guys
i'm stuck with WiFi settings Sad

I've created WWAN interface with WiFi in "Client" mode and enabled DHCP. Assigned it to firewall zone wan.
Once i power on Ant with unattached ethernet cable, i can see in my router console that Ant connected via WiFi and has IP 192.168.1.95, but nothing works (ssh/ping/Luci webpage).
If I attach ethernet after few seconds it's recognized by router with default ip 192.168.1.99. Then everything works from both IPs (ssh/ping/Luci webpage)
If i simply deattach ethernet, it falls down again, BUT if i first stop WAN interface from console, Ant switches to WWAN, and works perfectly.

i checked iptables and it seems that for each wan interface the same rule was added for wlan0.
Do i need to add static routes or something else?

Yes, that is a common issue. Wifi works but you can not log via luci or ssh via wireless. I am not sure but heard some users seem to get it work.
I bought wireless tplink for 30 usd what is setup to work as a client and connected to main internet router. And with miner is conected with 1 m ethernet cable. Also tplink has outside power connector. With this you have disabled miner wifi.
With such setup you do not overload ant control board and can access tplink, miner via luci or ssh an any device within home network.
So i suggest this soution.
Tp link
Model: tl-wa701nd
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:42:26 PM

So, I read the warnings that at its max clock of 400mhz its pushing what the VRM's can handle and can cause harm. Has anyone mined @ 400mhz w/o issue?
Is there any way to see the VRM temps? I imagine as long as the VRM's are cool its fine at 400mhz

Its really cold right now, and my avalon mines @ 22c(hottest temp) in the garage .. I plan on putting antminer in there as well, would it be fine at 400mhz in same temps?

Im just trying to figure out if 400mhz is really pushing it ... PERIOD or if its for people who are dumb and run it at 400mhz in really hot environments, therefore causing risk for it to melt =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: