Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

I got myself this beast. Added in pull mode, and connected to the second blade. Great static preassure and high CFM. A little noisy but not too bad. Thinking of it as white noise

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JKNMBE/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At ambient temperature of 80-82F, this reduced the reported ant temperatures from 48/49C to 44/44C while mining at 200GH / 393.75 clock.

When the ant can no longer mine at higher difficulty, this fan will replace the stock fan on my H80i (radiator for the liquid cooler) for keep an OC-ed cpu cool

Can you clarify "added in pull mode" and "connected to second blade"?

I see a single jack for the fan. Did you just replace the factory fan with the one you are linking? With less noise I can order a couple more ants...

Stock fan pushes air into the heat sinks while the second "high cfm/static pressure" fan that I added pulls it out from the sinks. So pull -> venting outward from the ant.

Not sure if you have a single or dual S1, but the ones I got have a fan 4-pin on each blade. Only one shows in web interface but they are both running and judging by the sound, the board is controlling them as needed.

I found 4 pins, thanks. Sounds really interesting, much obliged. Isn't this fan rated at 45dba for each, perhaps a bit too loud, especially if you deploy multiple?
My whole setup currently generates 65dba; I considered it noisy and moved it away from my office.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:20:37 PM

I ordered some Units on the 13th March but not arrived yet, would appreciate any indication of time for delivery or how to get tracking I'm in NZ and ordered direct from sushi site. order status just says "paid"
Could be stuck in customs for all I know.

You'll probably get a letter that you need to pay GST. Get a tracking number from sushi.

Buy & Hold
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:09:21 PM

I got myself this beast. Added in pull mode, and connected to the second blade. Great static preassure and high CFM. A little noisy but not too bad. Thinking of it as white noise

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JKNMBE/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At ambient temperature of 80-82F, this reduced the reported ant temperatures from 48/49C to 44/44C while mining at 200GH / 393.75 clock.

When the ant can no longer mine at higher difficulty, this fan will replace the stock fan on my H80i (radiator for the liquid cooler) for keep an OC-ed cpu cool

Can you clarify "added in pull mode" and "connected to second blade"?

I see a single jack for the fan. Did you just replace the factory fan with the one you are linking? With less noise I can order a couple more ants...

Stock fan pushes air into the heat sinks while the second "high cfm/static pressure" fan that I added pulls it out from the sinks. So pull -> venting outward from the ant.

Not sure if you have a single or dual S1, but the ones I got have a fan 4-pin on each blade. Only one shows in web interface but they are both running and judging by the sound, the board is controlling them as needed.

I found 4 pins, thanks. Sounds really interesting, much obliged. Isn't this fan rated at 45dba for each, perhaps a bit too loud, especially if you deploy multiple?
My whole setup currently generates 65dba; I considered it noisy and moved it away from my office.

More than one will be noticeably loud but they do run at 3000 rpm.

These are more quiet; also good fans for pulling air out of sinks due to static pressure and quiet. I use these in my desktop pc in the bedroom to keep my significant other from complaining about going deaf from the noise

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Performance-Edition-CO-9050008-WW/dp/B007RESFYK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395176825&sr=8-1&keywords=sp+fans
maranello1561

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:13:54 PM

This is a newbie question. I'm sure the experts here know this at the top of their head.

I have two Antminer S1s and both an AX1200 and an RM1000 at my disposal (from earlier desktop builds). The Antminers are overclocked to 393 clock.

1. Which power supply should I go with?

2. Since AX1200 has higher efficiency, does this mean I actually use less watts at the wall? Trying to balance out the circuit. I also run a desktop pc on the same circuit with an HX850 (running an OC-ed 290x and 4770k processor). The circuit is 110V/15A.

3. Can the circuit take a third ant?

Update:
I added two OC-ed ants on AX1200 and one on RM1000. To test I also have my pc running with the 290x OC-ed and mining LTC. No circuits tripped yet ... I'l probably move the RM1000 to a different circuit once I get either an ethernet cable laid out or wireless setup.
moesab

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:05:11 AM

Hiya,

Got a question to UK miners... Anyone here with Virgin Media working with more then 5 antminers? Any problems with your internet connection?

When I was running 5 ants all was good. Got 2 extra and the internet problems started. Lost my connection 3 times in 6 days. Called Virgin and an engineer came over... Fixed the problem at the junction box....4 days I had my 7 ants up and running. Today I connected an extra ethernet cable this morning...and zapp
Loosing my connection every 2 or 3 minutes. Got fed up with it....switched all ants off...and suddenly internet connection is active again.

When I fire 5 ants up... all is good... when I add a 6th ant I start loosing the connection again  Huh

Cant imagine that 7 ants with a network load of about 15kb/s is too much for a 20Mbs fire optics connection.

The engineer is coming over again on thursday... Any ideas or suggestions?
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:40:21 AM

Hiya,

Got a question to UK miners... Anyone here with Virgin Media working with more then 5 antminers? Any problems with your internet connection?

When I was running 5 ants all was good. Got 2 extra and the internet problems started. Lost my connection 3 times in 6 days. Called Virgin and an engineer came over... Fixed the problem at the junction box....4 days I had my 7 ants up and running. Today I connected an extra ethernet cable this morning...and zapp
Loosing my connection every 2 or 3 minutes. Got fed up with it....switched all ants off...and suddenly internet connection is active again.

When I fire 5 ants up... all is good... when I add a 6th ant I start loosing the connection again  Huh

Cant imagine that 7 ants with a network load of about 15kb/s is too much for a 20Mbs fire optics connection.

Try connecting some of them wireless.
moesab

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:02:08 PM

Hiya,

No bro unfortunately it didn't work (although I was sure it would work). They started hashing and within a minute or 2 I lost the connection again.
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:21:01 PM

Hiya,

No bro unfortunately it didn't work (although I was sure it would work). They started hashing and within a minute or 2 I lost the connection again.

Could it be a limitation of devices from you service provider?
With the Ants, how many other devices connected?
moesab

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:52:31 PM

Hiya,

Could it be a limitation of devices from you service provider?
With the Ants, how many other devices connected?

Uhm 2 phones (wifi), a computer and 5 ants. Before I had 7 ants running... Also got a laptop, but it's mostly switched off.

It could be indeed a max amount of devices....but then again... I had a problem last week...and there was some noise on my line so there was placed a filter ...blocking me from internet so that I didn't destabilize the whole street. They replaced the router and removed a little piece of wire. I think that there is still something causing a problem.

Will give them a call to check if they have a limit on devices placed on my line.

Thanks!
ITGeniusGuru

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:05:23 PM

It could be indeed a max amount of devices....but then again... I had a problem last week...and there was some noise on my line so there was placed a filter ...blocking me from internet so that I didn't destabilize the whole street. They replaced the router and removed a little piece of wire. I think that there is still something causing a problem.
Will give them a call to check if they have a limit on devices placed on my line.
Thanks!

If they do indeed have a limit, one way around it is to put a router between your devices and the ISP's router so all your devices will appear as one device to the ISP's router.
moesab

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:16:38 PM

Thanks!

If they do indeed have a limit, one way around it is to put a router between your devices and the ISP's router so all your devices will appear as one device to the ISP's router.

Ok interesting... I have a dlink dir615 extra.. but it's giving me problems (double ip etc).. Don't have a clue how to exactly go about connecting and ip configuring the second router (whether it will be on it's own subnet)...

In that case.... If I have all miners connected to a network switch.. then it would appear to the ISP that I only have 1 device connected right? All 7 ants were connected thru a 8port lan switch...
PhilippeD

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:00:58 PM

I've noticed that in cold room AntMiners are less stable, cause they drop fan RPM and thus farther from the fan side overheats even more. Temperature gradient becomes sharper in the cold room.

We need a means to control the fan settings. I would like to set lower target temperature but it seems cgminer just ignores --bitmain-fan and --bitmain-temp settings

Totaly agree with you

I try to add --bitmain-temp in /etc/init.d/cgminer

PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb --api-listen --api-network --bitmain-temp 40"

Then Antminer S1 reboot

No change, temperature about 48°C, not 40°C ...  Cry
ITGeniusGuru

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:30:18 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 07:43:12 PM by ITGeniusGuru

Ok interesting... I have a dlink dir615 extra.. but it's giving me problems (double ip etc).. Don't have a clue how to exactly go about connecting and ip configuring the second router (whether it will be on it's own subnet)...
In that case.... If I have all miners connected to a network switch.. then it would appear to the ISP that I only have 1 device connected right? All 7 ants were connected thru a 8port lan switch...

Yes 2nd router (between your devices and ISP router) will be on its own subnet.
No, a network switch is not a router, so each ant has its own IP address and appears as a unique device.
Use "Advanced IP Scanner" (free utility) to scan your current subnet and you will see a list of all your devices.

Here's what I suggest you try:
1. Reset your extra D-Link to factory settings (but before, know default factory login username and password).
2. make sure default subnet of the D-Link is NOT the same as the ISP router's subnet. You do not want BOTH routers on 192.168.1.x for example.
3. Connect the D-Link router to ONE of the LAN ports of the ISP's router, it will pull ONE LAN address (say, for example, 192.168.1.2)
4. Connect your switch to one of the LAN ports of the D-Link router. If all your devices are configured to pull IP addresses using DHCP, they will each get an IP address from the D-Link router. Let's assume you have configured your D-Link to be on 192.168.2.x subnet, then all your devices will be on the 192.168.2.x subnet.
5. If each of your ants has a static IP address (not using DHCP), then you will need to re-configure each one to have a unique address in the 192.168.2.x subnet

A bit of work, but should work! Smiley
moesab

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:05:44 PM

Yes 2nd router (between your devices and ISP router) will be on its own subnet.
No, a network switch is not a router, so each ant has its own IP address and appears as a unique device.
Use "Advanced IP Scanner" (free utility) to scan your current subnet and you will see a list of all your devices.

Here's what I suggest you try:
1. Reset your extra D-Link to factory settings (but before, know default factory login username and password).
2. make sure default subnet of the D-Link is NOT the same as the ISP router's subnet. You do not want BOTH routers on 192.168.1.x for example.
3. Connect the D-Link router to ONE of the LAN ports of the ISP's router, it will pull ONE LAN address (say, for example, 192.168.1.2)
4. Connect your switch to one of the LAN ports of the D-Link router. If all your devices are configured to pull IP addresses using DHCP, they will each get an IP address from the D-Link router. Let's assume you have configured your D-Link to be on 192.168.2.x subnet, then all your devices will be on the 192.168.2.x subnet.
5. If each of your ants has a static IP address (not using DHCP), then you will need to re-configure each one to have a unique address in the 192.168.2.x subnet

A bit of work, but should work! Smiley

Do I need to configure the dlink to a specific subnet... if so how?

I done the above (change ip of the dlink, connected the switch to the dlink) but suddenly 1 of the miners took the ip of the dlink?
Changed it back...but can't log on to the dlink, I need to connect it to my laptop in order to log on to it.

Many thanks for your help so far.. I never really understood networking etc.. since I started mining, I developed some basic understanding. No learning even more Smiley

Update....
Correct me if I'm wrong.. I changed the standard IP of 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.5; but if I want there to be a subnet...then I need to use e.g. 192.168.1.5 right?
nigel161803

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:06:16 PM

Just got my antminer yesterday, and still haven't got it to mine. I changed my laptop ip address to the same string as the antminer 192.168.1.97 and logged in. I was following this guide:http://coinhash.co/blogs/news/12221729-how-to-setup-antminer-s1-ip-network-configuration-guide-lan-wan-wifi-dhcp

I did tried this from that page: 3. How to set the correct AntMiner DHCP Network Settings:

By DEFAULT, it should be already set as "DHCP Client" mode, but if it wasn't for some reasons, please change it like the below picture.  Then hit "Switch protocol" button, wait for the screen to refresh, then hit "Save & Apply" at the bottom. 

I tried that now its frozen. Can anyone please help?

Thank you!

ps.

have two other scryptminers running bamt, and those were challenging, and this seems like it should be easy since I see people saying in reviews "got it running in 5 minutes!" I'm over five hours into getting this thing to work and no luck.
ITGeniusGuru

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:40:07 PM

Do I need to configure the dlink to a specific subnet... if so how?
Only if the factory default LAN subnet is the same as your ISP router's subnet. Do you have access to the User manual of that D-Link?
MOST home network routers allow you to change the IP range of the subnet. It wil probably be somewhere in te BASIC settings of "LAN" on the D-Link.
Factory settings for it is to pull an IP address from ISP and provide local (192.168.x.x) addresses to devices connected to it.
Now this D-Link is pulling an IP address from your ISP router and this is its WAN address.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. I changed the standard IP of 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.5; but if I want there to be a subnet...then I need to use e.g. 192.168.1.5 right?
Difficult to answer that question. Make sure there's no conflict between the ISP router and your D-Link, they have to be on 2 different subnets.

Post some screenshots if you are stuck.

ITGeniusGuru

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:48:40 PM

I'm over five hours into getting this thing to work and no luck.

LOL
I received my 2nd Ant Monday and spent the WHOLE day trying to get it to work (finally succeeded Tuesday afternoon, after giving-up on trying to overclock it); and I have one already that I configured 6 weeks ago.
These things are very finicky and everything has to be exactly right for them to work, and sometimes a few reboots will clear mysterious malfunctions. Sometimes, just leaving it alone for one hour will do it !!!!!!!
In many cases, unexplained problems can be traced to a weak power (wattage) from the PSU.
If you are trying to use WiFi, GOOD LUCK, that's even more complicated.
ITGeniusGuru

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:52:30 PM

I did tried this from that page: 3. How to set the correct AntMiner DHCP Network Settings:
By DEFAULT, it should be already set as "DHCP Client" mode, but if it wasn't for some reasons, please change it like the below picture.  Then hit "Switch protocol" button, wait for the screen to refresh, then hit "Save & Apply" at the bottom. 
I tried that now its frozen. Can anyone please help?
You probably changed the WAN to "DHCP Client", so now the Ant is trying - in vain - to obtain an IP Address from your laptop!
It is the LAN that should be left alone on "DHCP client"
Make the changes to WAN.

Yeah... I know it sounds confusing and reversed, but that's what it is.

Good Luck.
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:13:40 PM

I changed my laptop ip address to the same string as the antminer 192.168.1.97 and logged in.

No. Your laptop IP should be different from your Ants IP.

Example:

Ant IP (from sticker) 192.168.1.99

Your laptop settings should be:

IPv4

IP adrress: 192.168.1.254
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Notice that: 192.168.1.99 is important.
If you Ant has 192.168.2.xx  it won't work as they will be on different network settings.
So you have to make you IP settings:
Gateway: 192.168.2.1

nigel161803

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:32:28 PM

Ok I tried setting laptop ip to 192.168.1.254 I could connect with the previous setting of 192.168.1.94, but now I cant. I went into terminal and did: arp -na to reveal what is connected to the modem, and this shows up: (192.168.1.255) at ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff on en0 ifscope [ethernet]

I tried entering that address into my browser with the airport off and it still refuses to let me in. I can see that the mining pool is getting hashes from the miner so thats good. At least its mining now lol! But now its mining BTC, and I want to add some pools to switch to, and the little guy is being stubborn still. Any other reccomendations to try? Can I ssh into this thing and reboot it from there? Thanks for the help so far!

I<3 the Bitcoin Community

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: