Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 08:48:17 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 368883 times)
twobits

Activity: 336

Firstbits: 1a6taw

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:46:07 AM

I agree with your objection. I was not careful when I wrote the share amounts, and I was wrong, they were too high.

Am I getting a the bounty that was first posted or is it changing?

It will change, but dont stress it, I will donate the remainder since you were not aware there would have been an issue with it.

Naw it is fine. But maybe better guidelines needs to be posted so before someone starts a bounty on a bored day, I know how to alert the powers at be Wink

The bounty was not past it's time for being past being a proposed bounty, rather then a bounty.... pick one of the committed bounties if you want to be sure to get it I would say.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 03:58:52 AM

I agree with your objection. I was not careful when I wrote the share amounts, and I was wrong, they were too high.

Am I getting a the bounty that was first posted or is it changing?

It will change, but dont stress it, I will donate the remainder since you were not aware there would have been an issue with it.

Naw it is fine. But maybe better guidelines needs to be posted so before someone starts a bounty on a bored day, I know how to alert the powers at be Wink

The bounty was not past it's time for being past being a proposed bounty, rather then a bounty.... pick one of the committed bounties if you want to be sure to get it I would say.

Thank you, sadly I don't have time to pick up a whole committed bounty for something. I really was just tying to help a community out, get a little cash, and help out JasinLee since he is my friend and he put it up. I didn't even know it was a bounty I just was bored on the forums and it popped up. I am sorry I did the site so well and complete in a fast manner. Kinda penalizes good programmers, cause now I probably take bitcoin work instead of a devcoin bounty. But it is all cool Good luck in your witch hunts.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 04:29:59 AM

Devcoin value is going up

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
emfox

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:39:00 AM

Would you please not flood this thread with little useless posts?

Earn Devcoins by Writing
BTC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut DVC: 1Emfox1WswYcd2YucUskRzqfRWKkcm1Jut
IXC: xnRKo3qSDdcPJ4pgTLER3orkquUVQXeLwf
twobits

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:47:43 AM

Does it matter who posted it, I posted it on my github, and the wiki, he posted it on here. I was talking to him all day since I wanted to make sure it was correct, so he knew I was making it. I handed in a version that wasn't what he wanted so I actually had to go back and redo a lot of things. So there was a lot of time for the other person to take the bounty from me.

Yes it does matter.  Now you say you were talking to him all day about it.  However the code was posted only an hour and  twenty five minutes after the bounty amounts proposed.  Seems you just admitted you were working on this anyway ahead of the bounty in collaboration with the original poster of the proposal.

I'm not sure it matters there have been several instances where an already started project applied for and received shares.  I don't think this share system was designed to only spur development in untouched areas but to also reward pioneers for the work they are already doing, and then there are groups that do things without requesting bounty solely for the good of the community for reasons of their choosing.  This seems like a good project to reward IMHO...

Above I was saying that it matter for propriety in regards to who posted the claim.

I actually was originally trying to figure out more what you are talking about, then jasinlee's  reply of bringing in my post count of all things, raised my alarm levels all the more that it is not proper for someone who proposes a bounty to be the one who claims it so quickly thereafter.   Had the reply been more like this the tone would have changed quickly.

I do remember that many ongoing projects got put into the rewards for projects already active, so you seem to be right, however something about small bounties being claimed so quickly by the by the original proposer just does not seem right.

I would like to quote two things from http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin

The primary concern is that in the long term, most organizations become corrupt, regardless of the intentions of the founders.

To further reduce corruption, all meetings and votes will be public, because sunshine is the best disinfectant.

jasinlee's posting of a bounty he then himself appears to have claimed does not seem proper, especially given the time frames.

He then tries to defend it with mention of backdoor talks and tells me to make a new thread and let other people talk about it, through backdoor means.  Even if it was all done ethically it has the appearance of impropriety.  The follow up post just reenforced that.

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:20:47 AM

I dont think I mentioned it earlier. I would suggest an additional bounty for the coin ticker for each additional language in which it is written and source is posted to devtome.com. This should help people out that are trying to develop stores for other platforms.

Anyone have suggestions for other applications or devices to make it simple to accept dvc for payment. Is anyone already working on a devcoin version of the shopping carts that bitcoin released a while back?

Additionally, captchad on bbq coin thread is planning to write a whitepaper on the bbq development and document the process if I understood him correctly. Fuzzybear can probably confirm when he gets the PM for verification of his account. Could we allocate a special bounty for his whitepaper in addition to his per word count. This is the type of coin development documentation that is often missing from the gits and other wikis.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
termhn

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:21:19 AM

Second daily reward script run. Results posted at:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=daily_script_results

That page will be updated each time the script is run.

pyra-proxy

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:25:51 AM

I dont think I mentioned it earlier. I would suggest an additional bounty for the coin ticker for each additional language in which it is written and source is posted to devtome.com. This should help people out that are trying to develop stores for other platforms.

Anyone have suggestions for other applications or devices to make it simple to accept dvc for payment. Is anyone already working on a devcoin version of the shopping carts that bitcoin released a while back?

Additionally, captchad on bbq coin thread is planning to write a whitepaper on the bbq development and document the process if I understood him correctly. Fuzzybear can probably confirm when he gets the PM for verification of his account. Could we allocate a special bounty for his whitepaper in addition to his per word count. This is the type of coin development documentation that is often missing from the gits and other wikis.

Someone in the recent asicminer auction thread suggested a FOSS auction solution for hosting web based auctions, it looked good on the surface.  Perhaps a DVC plugin would help DVC based merchants in that style of commerce?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 07:02:27 AM

I don't recall the exact details but I think when a bounty is proposed there is some number of days before which it goes into effect if not objected to.

So it seems reasonable that in a case such as this a few hours after the bounty was suggested someone would have objected "but that application already exists, someone just wrote it and put it online today, do we need a bounty to have more made, especially if more simply use that same open source code to make more sites using it for redundancy?"

On the other hand though such a situation (someone just went ahead and wrote something we would otherwise have needed/wanted to create a bounty for to get someone to write such a thing) seems like a potential case of aha what we have here is someone who already just goes ahead and writes free open source stuff that is useful, isn't that the kind of person who should be on the receivers list?

About that ten hours thing, is the receivers list thing ten hours a month not ten hours a week? Presumably since it is suggested one share vaguely corresponds to ten hours work?

I had written just recently somewhere that it is ten hours a week to be on the receivers list, if that is incorrect I hope it didn't discourage anyone who only does ten hours a month from applying to be on the list.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 900

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:21:33 AM

On the other hand though such a situation (someone just went ahead and wrote something we would otherwise have needed/wanted to create a bounty for to get someone to write such a thing) seems like a potential case of aha what we have here is someone who already just goes ahead and writes free open source stuff that is useful, isn't that the kind of person who should be on the receivers list?

Yes it is, and Gweedo is already on for being the devtome developer:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/bitcoinshare.html

About that ten hours thing, is the receivers list thing ten hours a month not ten hours a week? Presumably since it is suggested one share vaguely corresponds to ten hours work?

I had written just recently somewhere that it is ten hours a week to be on the receivers list, if that is incorrect I hope it didn't discourage anyone who only does ten hours a month from applying to be on the list.

It does take roughly 10 hours/week, 40 hours/month to get on the receivers list for sure, although some are scraping by with less work than that, and get one share:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin#developer

for people who are not working on devcoin related stuff. For people who are working on devcoin related stuff, it takes about 10 hours/month. The pay is higher for devcoin developers because their development helps devcoin. We can't afford to pay as much money for other projects because there is no direct return. Even the smaller amount we give for other projects is still more than the most of them get from all other sources combined.

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:13:10 AM

He would get word earnings, the signing bonus, the option of getting marketing coins, and once implemented, advertising revenue:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing

That's plenty of devcoins, so it's not necessary to give extra bounties on top of article devcoins. I would look through his paper to see if there's anything I could link to from a devcoin page, so he would eventually get more page views and therefore advertising revenue. Bounties are only meant to pay for development that doesn't earn coins in another way.

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

There's been more interest in making a devcoin portal page. The current devcoin page is intimidating, however, it is getting page traffic to devtome, which is the most important thing.

Is there some way of making a portal page on the wiki itself, so devtome would keep getting the page views?

killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:05:57 AM

Is there some way of making a portal page on the wiki itself, so devtome would keep getting the page views?

Well, you can host many things on same domain; using a reverse proxy like nginx to merge them, for example.

You can also make some custom module for wiki, if that's your thing... But it's likely easier to configure nginx than to develop a new wiki module, unless you happen to be a wiki module developer  Smiley

colored coins proof-of-concept: private currencies, stock/bond p2p exchange

Tips and donations: 16v13Fa9cPmfFzpm9mmbWwAkXY4gyY6uh4
twobits

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:13:48 AM

Thank you, sadly I don't have time to pick up a whole committed bounty for something. I really was just tying to help a community out, get a little cash, and help out JasinLee since he is my friend and he put it up. I didn't even know it was a bounty I just was bored on the forums and it popped up. I am sorry I did the site so well and complete in a fast manner. Kinda penalizes good programmers, cause now I probably take bitcoin work instead of a devcoin bounty. But it is all cool Good luck in your witch hunts.

What will it return for the value if vircurex is being used and down?

What will it do to the exchange site when used on a busy site, or when under a DDOS?

What you call complete and fast I call quick and dirty.

jasinlee

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:40:24 AM

I would suggest separating the two domains. Google tends to penalize sites with forwarded or framed domains. Also, the .org would be an authoritative domain and help with giving devcoin a better search presence. Thoughts?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
twobits

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:43:30 AM

I would suggest separating the two domains. Google tends to penalize sites with forwarded or framed domains. Also, the .org would be an authoritative domain and help with giving devcoin a better search presence. Thoughts?

I concur.   You can be liberal with your links from the .org to devcoin as well which will drive traffic anyway, plus build devtome's link count a bit.

jasinlee

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:30:04 AM

I would suggest a bounty for the site design, something appealing to the eye and hopefully attract more developers. I think by the time the site is ready, either a template or page or whatever. The vote on the official devcoin logo should be complete to ensure it is applied to the devcoin.org page as a staple to be recognized. And the normal share for maintenance and hosting the site. The site should be hosted

Unthinkingbit

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:44:16 PM

I concur.   You can be liberal with your links from the .org to devcoin as well which will drive traffic anyway, plus build devtome's link count a bit.

Thanks for the advice. The two domains will be separate, with many links from devcoin.org to devtome.

I would suggest a bounty for the site design, something appealing to the eye and hopefully attract more developers. I think by the time the site is ready, either a template or page or whatever.

How about starting with 6, then 3. Every month that it is not done it would increase by 2 and 1.

The vote on the official devcoin logo should be complete to ensure it is applied to the devcoin.org page as a staple to be recognized.

I don't know when we'll get fifteen logos so we can have a vote. So the site designer can pick a logo, when we vote for the official logo they would switch to the winner.

And the normal share for maintenance and hosting the site. The site should be hosted

I suggest 1/5 of a share for maintenance, because it's a static site. Once devtome gets advertising revenue, 10% will go to hosting. I suggest that whoever hosts devcoin.org get half the amount per page view (because it would be a static site and devtome is a dynamic site) from advertising.

Edit: Devcoin.org should have non intrusive (no animation) advertising from devcoin businesses. Once there are twenty devcoin businesses, the advertising revenue from devtome would be stopped, and devcoin.org would have to rely on its own advertising.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:53:17 PM

Smiley go DVC

Bitcointalk is my second life (:
jasinlee

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:59:35 PM

I concur.   You can be liberal with your links from the .org to devcoin as well which will drive traffic anyway, plus build devtome's link count a bit.

Thanks for the advice. The two domains will be separate, with many links from devcoin.org to devtome.

I would suggest a bounty for the site design, something appealing to the eye and hopefully attract more developers. I think by the time the site is ready, either a template or page or whatever.

How about starting with 6, then 3. Every month that it is not done it would increase by 2 and 1.

The vote on the official devcoin logo should be complete to ensure it is applied to the devcoin.org page as a staple to be recognized.

I don't know when we'll get fifteen logos so we can have a vote. So the site designer can pick a logo, when we vote for the official logo they would switch to the winner.

And the normal share for maintenance and hosting the site. The site should be hosted

I suggest 1/5 of a share for maintenance, because it's a static site. Once devtome gets advertising revenue, 10% will go to hosting. I suggest that whoever hosts devcoin.org get half the amount per page view (because it would be a static site and devtome is a dynamic site) from advertising.

Sounds reasonable to me. I think markm has the domain now. I suggest he maintains control of the domain. We can just have him update the dns as needed

Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.