Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412862 times)
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 06:48:11 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 07:21:09 PM by FinShaggy

I made an offline wallet (on an SD card), and it's being weird. I made it like 4 days ago and never put anything in it.

I tried opening it today and it said that it couldn't open, and I couldn't delete the file because it was in use.

Then I took out the SD card and put it back in, and tried again. It opened, but it froze. It's like loading, but forever and it's never going to finish. It's like when the internet is "not responding" I can't click anything, it's just not working.

There's no money there, but I'd like to put some there. And BTW this is the wallet from Jasinlee's thread.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Or of another offline wallet?

EDIT: NEVER MIND, it loaded, my computer is just a piece of shit. Attempting deposit now.

EDIT 2: During the deposit confirmation the wallet disappeared, I'm not sure if it was confirmed... But now I can't get it to open again, not even the frozen screen.... Maybe all this is my computer...

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 07:21:23 PM

I made an offline wallet (on an SD card), and it's being weird. I made it like 4 days ago and never put anything in it.

I tried opening it today and it said that it couldn't open, and I couldn't delete the file because it was in use.

Then I took out the SD card and put it back in, and tried again. It opened, but it froze. It's like loading, but forever and it's never going to finish. It's like when the internet is "not responding" I can't click anything, it's just not working.

There's no money there, but I'd like to put some there. And BTW this is the wallet from Jasinlee's thread.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, it loaded, my computer is just a piece of shit. Attempting deposit now.

EDIT 2: During the deposit confirmation the wallet disappeared, I'm not sure if it was confirmed... But now I can't get it to open again, not even the frozen screen.... Maybe all this is my computer...

Can anyone help?

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 07:46:16 PM

Ok, I finally got the wallet open on my computer, still no confirmations though...

FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:07:51 PM

Ok, I finally got the wallet open on my computer, still no confirmations though...

It is working.

Even with taking the SD card in and out, the exchange now has confirmations. If anyone needs a good offline DVC wallet, (even works for my shitty computer) use the one Jasinlee posted about.

Balthozar

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:09:14 PM

Yeah, I have that wallet, I didn't think you could run a wallet off of removable storage.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:13:10 PM

Yeah, I have that wallet, I didn't think you could run a wallet off of removable storage.

Oh... Well I'm trying...
And it says I have a balance in the wallet.

Balthozar

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:28:47 PM

Even if it doesn't stay working like that, just install the wallet to the computer, then always back up wallet.dat. That's where the money is.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:50:07 PM

Can anyone help?

Run CrystalDiskMark on your SD card and report the numbers, especially the 4k ones.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:21:25 PM

Even if it doesn't stay working like that, just install the wallet to the computer, then always back up wallet.dat. That's where the money is.

I'd rather it be on the SD card. I'm gonna get a new computer when I can.

twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:22:08 PM

All right,   so something like https://www.box.com/s/3smwokd1rt83andsfpsh

This seem to work for people that don't have, or delete old versions on their computer and clean out the old data directory. So it should work great for new users.  Not sure what to do about current ones yet.
Thanks for this, works great with saved wallet from the earlier windows bundle. A few questions - why does it generate 2 additional addresses to my original one and does that matter? Do we still need to add the receiver files manually? And what is the 'random number' file for?

Actually when you first run the client, it creates a number of addresses  for you.    I think it defaults to 100.  When you receive a payment on the currently shown addresses, it will then show a new one.  It also will use these addresses for change addresses which can be  a source of confusion for people as well.  So you have,unless you set a flag, had at least 100 addresses internally.    What this also means is that you can not backup your wallet.dat file once and be done with it.  You need to maintain fresh backups.

You should not have to do anything with the receiver files manually.  If you do it is an issue that should be fixed.  That said, it does right now depends on github.  If github is giving a 'I am  being slow' page instead of the files,  it will not bootstrap at that time, and will need to be closed and rerun later then github is more cooperative.  Any other issue should be reported so it can be fixed.

I did not look to closely at the random number file, but presumed that it was to prevent every client from requesting a receiver file at the same block change all at once and DDoS the sites that host the receiver files.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:22:39 PM

Run CrystalDiskMark on your SD card and report the numbers, especially the 4k ones.

I don't even know what that means. Any of it... I understood the SD part...

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:43:39 PM

lol sorry but u must know what running is?.. u know... RUN FOREST RUN!!... and it was SD card.. not LSD card Tongue  sorry couldn't resist!!

think he means download the program CrystalDiskMark (google that) and post here what it gives you as an output and someone will help u Smiley

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:13:17 PM

Actually when you first run the client, it creates a number of addresses  for you.    I think it defaults to 100.  When you receive a payment on the currently shown addresses, it will then show a new one.  It also will use these addresses for change addresses which can be  a source of confusion for people as well.  So you have,unless you set a flag, had at least 100 addresses internally.    What this also means is that you can not backup your wallet.dat file once and be done with it.  You need to maintain fresh backups.

You should not have to do anything with the receiver files manually.  If you do it is an issue that should be fixed.  That said, it does right now depends on github.  If github is giving a 'I am  being slow' page instead of the files,  it will not bootstrap at that time, and will need to be closed and rerun later then github is more cooperative.  Any other issue should be reported so it can be fixed.

I did not look to closely at the random number file, but presumed that it was to prevent every client from requesting a receiver file at the same block change all at once and DDoS the sites that host the receiver files.
gotcha. So I assume there are 3 visible addresses because one has been my receiving address to date, the second was 'unveiled' to use the technical term in the previous wallet, and now with this new wallet another is shown. Receiver files - that's fine was just wondering as I recall 22 was about but not yet in the folder. That can happen when it happens, I'll keep an eye on it - thanks for the explanation.

marticps: I like the logo
emfox: the coins look a bit 1995 to me, but tastes change so who knows that may be the look of the future. Regardless if I had to offer an idea I'd be drawing it with crayons and uploaded a photo jpg so not criticising really. It's a shame the devcoin ticker isn't just DEV.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 10:53:03 PM

lol sorry but u must know what running is?.. u know... RUN FOREST RUN!!... and it was SD card.. not LSD card Tongue  sorry couldn't resist!!

think he means download the program CrystalDiskMark (google that) and post here what it gives you as an output and someone will help u Smiley

Everythings fine, I think it is just EXTREMELY slow because my computer is a piece of shit, and confirmations take forever on online wallets even, and I have taken the card in and out a few times, and the coins are still there, even unconfirmed transactions, so I think SD wallets work Smiley .

Balthozar

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:47:08 PM

Can someone explain to me EXACTLY what The Galactic Milieu is and how it pertains to DVC??? I want to know how it pertains to CPU mining, and how DVC/BTC are tied in to this.

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:52:34 PM

Can someone explain to me EXACTLY what The Galactic Milieu is and how it pertains to DVC??? I want to know how it pertains to CPU mining, and how DVC/BTC are tied in to this.

Its a mmo, markm has integrated the various coins into the game to be used for exchanges as a currency.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Balthozar

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:56:31 PM

Its a mmo, markm has integrated the various coins into the game to be used for exchanges as a currency.

Okay, now can someone explain how to set it up? From what I understand, it is a rule-set for Freeciv... I would like to get into this, I enjoy a good game.

termhn

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:56:45 PM

Basically you can program your computer to "play the game for you" and through doing so "mine" bitcoin and devcoin. GPUs are less suited for this type of calculation than CPUs are so GPUs won't help someone be faster/better at it.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:59:08 PM

Until he resets it, it may be difficult, the people who are in the game now are pretty ingrained and control everything already. You may need to wait for the games next "round" when he starts everyone from scratch.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 12:01:21 AM

Basically you can program your computer to "play the game for you" and through doing so "mine" bitcoin and devcoin. GPUs are less suited for this type of calculation than CPUs are so GPUs won't help someone be faster/better at it.

Wait, what? Mining coin by playing a game?

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: