Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:44:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:35:33 AM

You are day-dreaming.

Everything is in the public record, including all the stakeholders list and initial distribution. The unclaimed coins went to community fund.

Unless you are accusing bcnext of running several sock puppets with those initial 73 investors, how am I daydreaming?  

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjrmac

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:51:55 AM

With all the nxt bashing, BCNxt didn't get any extra shares of nxt. He paid by the same rules like all the stakeholders, despite the fact he was the first to deliver second generation crypto currency.

Now talk about respect there.  

That makes nxt developer (BCNxt) the fairest developer in the history. No one is going to ever come close

Well, that is needless glorification  Wink    that starts reminding to some posts in the NXT thread, where was written about "a man comes every 2000 year" or so.

If you think a little bit further, you can see that there can be fairer developers than your example Smiley

mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:13:15 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 11:40:46 AM by mr smith

You are day-dreaming.

Everything is in the public record, including all the stakeholders list and initial distribution. The unclaimed coins went to community fund.

Unless you are accusing bcnext of running several sock puppets with those initial 73 investors, how am I daydreaming?  

Dude you seem to have an emotional attachment to BC . The slightest thing mentioned or a sinful word called *distribution* and boy you take it on yourself to wade in. The vast majority of Nemsters don't care about some ghost or hate people from over the road. Far harsher words have been spoken on other threads, i recall some by evil *** or someone. I don't recall you standing up and spreading the love there. Emotions can sometimes blur thought processes, Dude you seems ok and speak with conviction but chill with this BC stuff.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Eadeqa

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:20:53 AM

You are day-dreaming.

Dude you seem to have an emotional attachment to BC . The slightest thing mentioned or a sinful word called *distribution* and boy you take it on yourself to wade in. The vast majority of Nemsters don't care about some ghost or hate people from over the road. Far harsher words have been spoken on other threads, i recall some by evil Bob or someone. I don't recall you standing up and spreading the love there. Emotions can sometimes blur thought processes, Dude you seems ok and speak with conviction but chill with this BC stuff.

I wasn't emotional. I was responding this particular comment:

NEM devs are taking smallest piece of (THEIR) cake in whole cryptocoin history

RESPECT

This poster used the words "cryptocoin history". I repeated the same exact words in response.

I think there are probably many other examples with no priming where developers have smaller percentages. Even satoshi himself has maybe at best 10%, but he was mining alone for an year or something, as there were not a lot of other people around.  

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:33:57 AM

Guys, seriously grow up. Have any of you been at the helm of an organisation?
The only way to get the best talent and motivate the 'executives' is to give them something to work for. Who works for free? The real question is 'what are you doing for NEM to deserve your 1 stake?'

This is no different to running a business, I for one have no issues with the core development team having 10%+

^ I am with STUPID!
mjrmac

Activity: 86

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:36:41 AM

You are day-dreaming.

Dude you seem to have an emotional attachment to BC . The slightest thing mentioned or a sinful word called *distribution* and boy you take it on yourself to wade in. The vast majority of Nemsters don't care about some ghost or hate people from over the road. Far harsher words have been spoken on other threads, i recall some by evil Bob or someone. I don't recall you standing up and spreading the love there. Emotions can sometimes blur thought processes, Dude you seems ok and speak with conviction but chill with this BC stuff.

I wasn't emotional. I was responding this particular comment:

NEM devs are taking smallest piece of (THEIR) cake in whole cryptocoin history

RESPECT

This poster used the words "cryptocoin history". I repeated the same exact words in response.

I think there are probably many other examples with no priming where developers have smaller percentages. Even satoshi himself has maybe at best 10%, but he was mining alone for an year or something, as there were not a lot of other people around.  

You ARE emotional, when you're concentrating on this kind of less important matter as you have already more important issues unanswered Cheesy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366105.msg4803050#msg4803050
Eadeqa

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:41:38 AM

You ARE emotional, when you're concentrating on this kind of less important matter as you have already more important issues unanswered Cheesy
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366105.msg4803050#msg4803050

If you see that link you posted, it was I who was criticizing nxt's 64-bit account ID system, so you can't say I hold back my punches.  Though it's not serious problem, as once outgoing transaction is made, the account is protected by 256-bits public key.

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
hunanay

Activity: 174

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:04:31 PM

i actually had an idea last night... can we get a multipool mining now? i mean launch the multipool now and let it build up the btc until the coin actually launches? the mining power it could draw due to the massive interest in nem would be huge! and plus if btc takes a massive run up again you will see the dificulty of most coins go through the roof again... why not build up some funds up.. if nem wants to drop a bit after launch let it.. then after the drop start buying up with the mined funds..? what you think?
This might be a good idea, discussed earlier in this thread too, but it seems inconclusive.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:31:37 PM

i actually had an idea last night... can we get a multipool mining now? i mean launch the multipool now and let it build up the btc until the coin actually launches? the mining power it could draw due to the massive interest in nem would be huge! and plus if btc takes a massive run up again you will see the dificulty of most coins go through the roof again... why not build up some funds up.. if nem wants to drop a bit after launch let it.. then after the drop start buying up with the mined funds..? what you think?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I'm not feeling the multipool idea. Yeah it stabilizes the price but it also throws the "green" out the window.

BitZCoin

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 12:33:48 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 01:24:22 PM by BitZCoin

There would be the possibility to hire this banner on the top, when the time comes Smiley

------>  http://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/

It's one of the biggest german blogs writing about altcoins and would be a great advertisement for just 0.1BTC/10 days
Also he would hide his lettering in the jpg. and write an article about NEM for another 0.1BTC.
May we could even bargain, so it would be definitely worth it!
I'm German and would love to arrange this, if the community agrees. Smiley

↓

Werbung beim Altcoinspekulant
April 8, 2014UncategorizedMarketing, Werbefläche, Werbung
Sie möchten Werbung für Ihr neues Kryptoprojekt machen? Der Altcoinspekulant stellt Ihnen eine große und interessante Werbefläche zur Verfügung. Den großen Banner (aktuell mit Litecoin-Münzen) können Sie bereits ab 0.1 BTC mieten (10 Tage für 0.1 BTC). Dazu  benötige ich ein Bild in JPG-Format mit einer Auflösung von 1600×230 Pixeln. Ich würde meinen Schriftzug komplett ausblenden, so dass der Banner optisch voll zur Geltung kommt. Eine Verlinkung von Inhalten ist über den Banner nicht möglich, es handelt sich um eine rein optische Anzeige.

Zusätzliche Kosten für einen frei von Ihnen gestalteten Textbeitrag, den ich zeitgleich veröffentlichen würde: 0.1 BTC.

Nutzen Sie die Chance Ihr Kryptoprojekt bei einem der grössten deutschsprachigen Krypto-Blogs bekannter zu machen. Bei Interesse bitte ich Sie um eine Mail an Hugo.Coiner@web.de

Here it is: TakePart!
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:46:39 PM

Password headaches

Long and lengthy complex passwords are tedious necessities. Could Photo passwords (not my idea)
be incorporated into the client ?
Are there security risks,  photo > usb drive > pc > client ?
Is it more secure to just use key scramblers?

i am often put off sending any funds because i simply can not be bothered with the passwords. Accessing a photo on a phone with a pin would make sending so much easier and more every day usable.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
hisun

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:26:55 PM

Good idea about the auction of shares,About the auction I have some immature perspective:

1. I think we can more than hold several auctions, such as once a month, every 30 places so that people can continue to focus nem, nem improve visibility, as 3i's AGS.

2.Lowest closing price in the first round as the second round of the auction the auction starting price, and so on. This ensures the continued appreciation of the value of nem.

Finally, I hope nem able to get more attention, greater development.
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:29:28 PM

Someone said earlier that BCNext was the fairest developer. That's not true. If he really didn't take more than any of the other stakeholders

No, he didn't, and that needed to be said given a lot of people bash nxt in this thread for "unfair" distribution which is a pathetically dishonest criticism as nxt IPO was open to anyone for 2 months and  Bcnext (the developer) didn't demand any extra shares for himself.

One thing we can say about nxt inventor: he wasn't greedy.

Doesn't he own ~5% of NXT?

NEM - nem.io
NOjust

Activity: 318

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:30:38 PM

Good idea about the auction of shares,About the auction I have some immature perspective:

1. I think we can more than hold several auctions, such as once a month, every 30 places so that people can continue to focus nem, nem improve visibility, as 3i's AGS.

2.Lowest closing price in the first round as the second round of the auction the auction starting price, and so on. This ensures the continued appreciation of the value of nem.

anyone want to sell??

Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:38:07 PM

The deal so far has been very very good for a regular stakeholder. Each core developer will get about 60-80 times a regular stake but let me be frank if you are a helpful stakeholder who run a node and contribute to NEM marketing from times to times, a core developer contributes about 1000 times more than you do. And I only estimate that until V1 blockchain completed because if all core developers stay with NEM until NEM technological road-map being completed, they will contribute way way more than that.

I do my best to keep key developers staying with us for a long term and make NEM (and its ecosystem) the most advanced technological system possible and that would be the way to treat our developers. I hope this would be the message to all other developers out there as well. But not only NEM key developers would be rewarded monetarily, I believe we have a coherent vision and a technological road-map that would make NEM one of the most successful decentralized system in one year.

You should believe me otherwise you can leave and go after other blockchain such as Nxt, Nas, Blackcoin or whatever coin out there. Talented people drive technological progress and NEM concept of fairness is to set the incentive system in the right place. NEM system rewards people who contribute the most not to reward some rich investors or some lucky random people. If anyone fails to understand this point, he should consider leaving for the next fairest and free coin out there.

you started behaving like this coin is your property

No. It is not his property. He is the leader of NEM. Even if something is decentralized, there can still be a leader that everyone chooses to follow. And I am not talking about the King or even a President here either. Decentralized does not mean that we all just do whatever we like. There has to be a leader.

UP has shown time and time again that he will listen to the community if there is something they want.

For instance this example. I am not UP, but I fully agree with what he said and did. As do most of the rest of us.

So you are in the minority here. And even in a decentralized environment the single or small minority does not just get his way. This is a good thing because you make no sense to me.

conbos

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:40:07 PM

Initially, was advertised the fair distribution of NEM, and now yet only 75% are distributed to stakeholders!

@ Utopianfuture

The remaining 25% be used in the meantime to forking?
That would be very unfair!

max 10% for devs
remain min 15% for future dev of the ecosystem, bounties, charity, whatnot

What do you mean forking ?

Here is something to think about for everyone.

FAIR is not the same as EQUAL

If someone puts in 100% more work than someone else then it is fair for that person to get 100% more out of it don't you think ?
Do you think it would be more fair if a dev that devotes many hours each week into developing the software get's an equal amount of NEM as someone thats has merely paid a small fee to join NEM ? That would not be fair that would just mean they get an equal amount.

Someone said earlier that BCNext was the fairest developer. That's not true. If he really didn't take more than any of the other stakeholders than he's generous not fair. It would have been very fair of him to take more.

Please keep this in mind guys when discussing "fairness" in the future.

I support pat in this matter. IMO, the proposal about distribution is not only fair but very smart. One of my earlier concerns was how we are going to deal with the fact that we need to give value to NEM. This requires a lot of investment and, as stakeholder I am committed to do it, but I also want to have some part to profit. The fact that 25% of the distribution is devoted to auction, charity, funding projects, etc maximizes the gain probability of our own stakes. So, I am very very happy that UP and the Dev team took this decision. Regarding the 10% of that part to compensate the dev team effort, I think it is more than fine. They deserve some recognition for all the work organizing the community, building the code from the scratch that are important factors in all the interest generated by NEM. I'm really looking forward the alpha launch and anxious to see the progress!

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:58:36 PM

Pat I know you don't like this, but this would make NEM BTC!

Also, this is something that would also gain NEM exposure.

What does everyone think of this?

I think it is an AMAZING IDEA!!

This would most likely bring a lot of people into NEM. Weighing the pros and cons, I think this should be set up right away!!

Flattering Flatulants

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:04:36 PM

I'm selling my Nem stake for 4 bitcoins This stake, 1 if 3,000 stakes total will bring you ~1 million NEM coins when the coin goes live. Distribution will take place through forum stakeholder accounts through pms claims only.

Upon payment, you'll receive account login details for the bitcointalk account tied to the purchased stake.
hisun

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:05:40 PM

anyone want to sell??
I mean, there are 120 shares with the auction to be distributed, can be used in this way.
hisun

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:08:51 PM

anyone want to sell??
I mean, there are 120 shares with the auction to be distributed, can be used in this way.
Even be considered to come up with more shares auctions, in order to better distribution, but also conducive to the promotion.
Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: