Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:02:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: lolMiner 1.64: Fastest Kaspa miner in market  (Read 155224 times)
Morph42

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 10:55:37 PM

Here's an interesting thing.

I moved to HiveOS, flashed (via Hive) all my GPU to the modified bios.

One on rig, I wanted to switch it back to Windows for some general testing and comparison.  Loaded up Windows, but none of the AMD software will recognize my cards.  Win10 seems to have an issue regardless of what drivers I attempt to put on there.

So do I have to put the old BIOS back on, install the drivers AND THEN replace with the modded bios?  Doesn't make sense as to what happened.

Just trying to figure this out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jgonzi

Activity: 639
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 11:01:50 PM

One on rig, I wanted to switch it back to Windows for some general testing and comparison.  Loaded up Windows, but none of the AMD software will recognize my cards.  Win10 seems to have an issue regardless of what drivers I attempt to put on there.

So do I have to put the old BIOS back on, install the drivers AND THEN replace with the modded bios?  Doesn't make sense as to what happened.

Apply ATI Pixel Patcher and all will work in Windows
dext-r

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 07:34:52 AM

Use AMD pixel patcher with modified cards
https://sourceforge.net/projects/amd-ati-pixel-clock-patcher/
jgonzi

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 06:02:31 PM

Yes. More detailed answer👍
Morph42

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 06:54:52 PM

Thanks to both dext-r and jgonzi

Completely missed that one. I should've known  I was attempting to roll back drivers to the AMD blockchain drivers and Win10 was having none of that causing other issues.  Reverted back to another image and left the drivers alone, but completely forgot about the pixel patcher.

So re-imaged, pixel patched, rebooted.  All is good.
Morph42

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 07:03:10 PM

So just to continue on my journey and share with the other noobs out there.  I have (2) rigs.  Each with (12) AMD rx570 8GB cards.
I took the advice and while still on Windows, backed up the current GPU BIOS and then continued to perform the one-step GPU bios mod.  It was a lot easier than I had thought it would be.  And feel better with the original BIOS on hand if needed.
I used:
GPUZ (to view/read the GPU and also to backup the original BIOS)
PolarisBiosEditor 1.7.5 to load the original BIOS and click the one-step patch.  Save as the new modded BIOS.
Saved both to a USB stick.
Then with the high recommendation I moved off Windows and went with HiveOS.  I have to say, I really do like the setup.  Everything on one screen. And a lot easier to manage.  It's even easier to flash the BIOS as I as able to upload the (2) versions of the BIOS, select all the cards and flash.  Reboot and away I go.  (of course with overclocking settings in place)
I was getting approx 21-22mhs per card.  With this new setup I'm currently getting 30mhs - 31.5mhs
So thanks to those that helped.  It's nice to get it back up where it was when I was running Claymore previously.

Just noticed something and have an email into HiveOS about this.  Am I correct that under the free account I should be 'free' up to (5) workers/rigs?
I've been running off one rig/worker for a week and noticed that it was telling me it was free.  But this morning i added the second rig/worker and it's now showing $0.04/day [a day left]
Just need a little help explaining that. I thought that with the (2) workers it would still be free.
and to top it all over, the rig/worker I just added seems to reboot [lolminer reboot] every handful of minutes

So HiveOS is great.  Especially if you're looking to put all the rigs in an easy to access, single window and monitor and maintain.  Unfortunately in my current environment I have some security problems accessing their HiveOS pool, so if I have more than (1) rig, I'll have to pay a little per day.  But it's not a huge cost.

I reverted one rig back to Win10.  So now I'm running one of each.  Both have GPU modded BIOS. Both rigs run (12) cards.  Both are running the same overclocked settings.
The Windows Rig runs a total of;  reported = 377mhs & current = 387mhs
The HiveOS rig runs a total of; reported = 374mhs & current = 337mhs

I'm actually a little surprised.  I had thought that the HiveOS/Linux OS would have helped it run a little faster, but it's actually not the case.  Windows, with all it's issues, is actually running better.

I still have to go in and tweak a few settings as my stale shares rate is still under 1% but it seems to be going up the longer I leave it.
jgonzi

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 10:13:14 AM

So just to continue on my journey and share with the other noobs out there.  I have (2) rigs.  Each with (12) AMD rx570 8GB cards.
I took the advice and while still on Windows, backed up the current GPU BIOS and then continued to perform the one-step GPU bios mod.  It was a lot easier than I had thought it would be.  And feel better with the original BIOS on hand if needed.
I used:
PolarisBiosEditor 1.7.5 to load the original BIOS and click the one-step patch.  Save as the new modded BIOS.
Then with the high recommendation I moved off Windows and went with HiveOS.  I have to say, I really do like the setup.  Everything on one screen. And a lot easier to manage.  It's even easier to flash the BIOS as I as able to upload the (2) versions of the BIOS, select all the cards and flash.  Reboot and away I go.  (of course with overclocking settings in place)
I was getting approx 21-22mhs per card.  With this new setup I'm currently getting 30mhs - 31.5mhs
So thanks to those that helped.  It's nice to get it back up where it was when I was running Claymore previously.

Just noticed something and have an email into HiveOS about this.  Am I correct that under the free account I should be 'free' up to (5) workers/rigs?
I've been running off one rig/worker for a week and noticed that it was telling me it was free.  But this morning i added the second rig/worker and it's now showing $0.04/day [a day left]
Just need a little help explaining that. I thought that with the (2) workers it would still be free.
and to top it all over, the rig/worker I just added seems to reboot [lolminer reboot] every handful of minutes

So HiveOS is great.  Especially if you're looking to put all the rigs in an easy to access, single window and monitor and maintain.  Unfortunately in my current environment I have some security problems accessing their HiveOS pool, so if I have more than (1) rig, I'll have to pay a little per day.  But it's not a huge cost.

I reverted one rig back to Win10.  So now I'm running one of each.  Both have GPU modded BIOS. Both rigs run (12) cards.  Both are running the same overclocked settings.

I'm actually a little surprised.  I had thought that the HiveOS/Linux OS would have helped it run a little faster, but it's actually not the case.  Windows, with all it's issues, is actually running better.

I still have to go in and tweak a few settings as my stale shares rate is still under 1% but it seems to be going up the longer I leave it.

You can also use the Dual Mining of Lolminer and you will be able to have 4 Rigs in HiveOS for Free, because the coin is ZIL and you only pay if you have more than 1 ETH RIG... in this case you have a ZIL Rig mining also ETH...

https://easyupload.io/9zum2b

You can download an easy manual on how to configure it... You will earn some extra too. Remember you will need a ZIL Wallet too (Binance, ZillPay, OKEX, ...)

I hope that will let you to have more than 1 rig FREE in HiveOS like other people do   Smiley
jgonzi

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 07:57:57 AM

I used:

Current is always luck affected... at the long term the average of the reported will be very near to the average... the current is in that moment... and that depend on the luck of the last shares submited.
jim007

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 11:33:23 PM

Hello, I've been using PM for my 1070s and for every epoch I think it decreases more and more when mining ethereum. Right now they've dropped to 25 MH/s from 30 MH/s. Will lolMiner improve the hashrate or does the zombi mode work only for 4gb? Thanks.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 12:08:06 AM

Hello, I've been using PM for my 1070s and for every epoch I think it decreases more and more when mining ethereum. Right now they've dropped to 25 MH/s from 30 MH/s. Will lolMiner improve the hashrate or does the zombi mode work only for 4gb? Thanks.

It a flaw in the nvidia 10xx architecture i believe.
jgonzi

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 08:03:05 AM

It is true what it said miner29... it is a Intern hardware limit.

What you should do is increase power limit and push the core... for example a nice profile not so aggressive is core 90 Memory 900 and PL 125. That should give around 27-28Mhs.

Share with us your results
FloppyPurpleGherkin

Activity: 306
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 03:16:49 PM

What you should do is increase power limit and push the core... for example a nice profile not so aggressive is core 90 Memory 900 and PL 125. That should give around 27-28Mhs.

PL125 is very aggressive IMO.

my 1070's run core +100 , mem +650 , PL85-90 - 28-29MH as of today.
jgonzi

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 10:20:18 PM

Nice bios 85W, all mines are minimum 90W in HiveOS for example...
jgonzi

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:37:40 PM

When you said 85-90 PL, did you say in MSI Afterburner 85-90% or you want to say 85W-90W?

I was talking in Watts and probably in %
jim007

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 11:20:19 PM

The best I could get for my 1070s was 26 MH/s at 70 TDP, Core 100, and Memory 600 which keeps them below 70C; if i increase memory up to 620 the rig is unstable. One with double fan goes up to 29 MH/s.
SCF0

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 01:33:18 PM

Lolliedieb,
would it be possible to add GCN1 support for Beam-III? I saw the kernel requires 3G memory which would be sufficient on Tahiti cards (7950, 7970, 7990, 280, 280X) but the algo seems not to be supported on this architecture. Beam-II seems to work and a 950/1500 clocked 7970 does 12sol/s. I can also mine Zhash at 24sol/s. I managed to setup the card on Ubuntu 20.04 using amdgpu drivers and the amdgpu-pro OpenCL runtime in headless mode which works despite AMD saying this card is no longer supported. It also works on Windows in the mentioned algorithms but I specifically tried on Linux due to the GPU memory usage.

Pastebin with outputs of benchmark runs for Beam-II, Beam-III and the clinfo output: https://pastebin.com/uSxN32RX
jgonzi

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 07:07:05 PM

The best I could get for my 1070s was 26 MH/s at 70 TDP, Core 100, and Memory 600 which keeps them below 70C; if i increase memory up to 620 the rig is unstable. One with double fan goes up to 29 MH/s.

I suppose you are in Windows?... the Serie 10x0 sometimes need to check if reducing Mhz of the memory goes faster... because the memory is making errors and the gpu tries to recheck... that makes a reduction of the Mhs too... and a decrease of the Memory Mhz helps to have less mem errors an increase the hashrate
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 12:57:57 PM

I suppose you are in Windows?... the Serie 10x0 sometimes need to check if reducing Mhz of the memory goes faster... because the memory is making errors and the gpu tries to recheck... that makes a reduction of the Mhs too... and a decrease of the Memory Mhz helps to have less mem errors an increase the hashrate

TDP is to low. Set a fixed vcore to 900mv for example. I can do  around 28mh with 120w. By the way why no one used fixed vcore on Nvidia cards? All decrease Powerlimit, but with fixed vcore, the rigs runs more stable, the wattage don´t jump up and down. We all set fixed vcore on amd gpu´s, but no one use it on nvidia cards  Huh

And not all pascal gpus have this TLB failure, the 1070ti´s have slightly other architecture, and there the hashrate don´t decrease with every new epoch. I have a few 1070ti´s running with 34 - 35 mh with same settings for 2 years now.
KingsGroup.IT

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 05:16:54 PM

How does nicehash get +45 sol (algo Zhash) with a AMD HD7990 GPU using lol miner 1.21?
I downloaded this original version from gihub and... starting it... gives me a maximum of 21 sol.. with the exact same gpu.
how does nicehash do?
SCF0

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 06:40:29 PM

How does nicehash get +45 sol (algo Zhash) with a AMD HD7990 GPU using lol miner 1.21?
I downloaded this original version from gihub and... starting it... gives me a maximum of 21 sol.. with the exact same gpu.
how does nicehash do?
To me this looks like you are only mining on one of the two GPUs of this dual GPU card. As I posted yesterday, I can get 24sol/s on a single of these GPUs (at 950/1500 clocks with the timing mod). So when properly set up to run on both GPUs that sounds feasible. Look at the output of ./lolMiner --list-devices.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: