Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:10:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 425 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers  (Read 902902 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:40:13 AM

Jupiters (and quite a few other ASICs) experience big issues when mining at low difficulties due to just how rapid they produce shares.  In the case of a Jupiter, at the default difficulty (2), it's producing about 50 shares per second.

BTC Guild adjusts difficulty very rapidly for miners at that speed, to help them get to an appropriate difficulty.  Of course, some miners have problems with the work updates pushed by difficulty increases!  BTC Guild can push those in very rapid succession if you start at the default difficulty on a 400 GH/s+ machine as it tries to get your difficulty to an appropriate level.

Setting a minimum difficulty prevents this entire process from taking place Smiley.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:58:51 AM

Why not start the difficulty at 32 or 64 and let it go down if necessary as opposed to going up from a too low of a level?  That would seem better for everyone.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:10:36 AM

Why not start the difficulty at 32 or 64 and let it go down if necessary as opposed to going up from a too low of a level?  That would seem better for everyone.

The only way to know your hashing rate (and thus adjust your difficulty) is if you're actually submitting shares.  Starting that high would make low hash rate miners virtually unusable on the pool.  Yes, it averages out over time, but most users have no clue how difficulty works in the first place and would just see BTC Guild not giving them any credit for an hour.

It's very quick to adjust a miner UP in difficulty (or they can just set it themself).  It's much harder to know if a miner needs to be adjusted down.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:19:30 AM

Why not start the difficulty at 32 or 64 and let it go down if necessary as opposed to going up from a too low of a level?  That would seem better for everyone.

The only way to know your hashing rate (and thus adjust your difficulty) is if you're actually submitting shares.  Starting that high would make low hash rate miners virtually unusable on the pool.  Yes, it averages out over time, but most users have no clue how difficulty works in the first place and would just see BTC Guild not giving them any credit for an hour.

It's very quick to adjust a miner UP in difficulty (or they can just set it themself).  It's much harder to know if a miner needs to be adjusted down.

Well I guess the best thing to do is to let your miner run for an hour or so and see what difficulty the pools sets it to and then change your worker minimum difficulty to that level.

I just updated my worker by the way. Smiley

guytechie

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:44:23 PM

Just got 6 antminers when luck turned sour. Sad

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:04:15 PM

do u take in consideration to make btcguild 0% fees pool ?

And then how to pay for anything?

if we want to protect the network, miners should have a choice, eligius has 0 fees, ghash has 0 fees , btcguild has fees up to 7.5% ...

just my 2 cents
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:11:23 PM

do u take in consideration to make btcguild 0% fees pool ?

And then how to pay for anything?

if we want to protect the network, miners should have a choice, eligius has 0 fees, ghash has 0 fees , btcguild has fees up to 7.5% ...

just my 2 cents

Miners do have a choice.  You get what you pay for, and the miners have spoken.  There's a reason BTCGuild is as big as it is.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:33:52 PM

Miners do have a choice.  You get what you pay for, and the miners have spoken.  There's a reason BTCGuild is as big as it is.

M

Exactly, I couldn't agree more.

Now, if the people pleading poverty could kindly leave the thread. If you can't afford to drive, then you're walking or taking the bus.

Can't you read the sign? ---->  No whining allowed.

Cheesy

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:49:08 PM

if we want to protect the network, miners should have a choice, eligius has 0 fees, ghash has 0 fees , btcguild has fees up to 7.5%

You do have a choice.  Choose between a 0 fee pool or a fee pool.

You do NOT have the right to tell a person what he should charge for a good or service.  You do have the right not to buy or use that good or service though.

Also Ghasheeo is not 0 fee.  Others are paying the fee for the freeloaders.  If I were a fee payer I would be irritated by their allowing freeloaders on my dime.  Of course the extra hash rate does lower the variance, that is important to many.  Still that is that pools choice.

CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:55:11 PM

if we want to protect the network, miners should have a choice, eligius has 0 fees, ghash has 0 fees , btcguild has fees up to 7.5%

You do NOT have the right to tell a person what he should charge for a good or service.  You do have the right not to buy or use that good or service though.

Also Ghasheeo is not 0 fee.  Others are paying the fee for the freeloaders.  If I were a fee payer I would be irritated by their allowing freeloaders on my dime.  Of course the extra hash rate does lower the variance, that is important to many.  Still that is that pools choice.

I don't see how people using the market service and paying fees there has anything to do with the pool being 0 fee.
It's 2 different services after all. How hard is that to comprehend?
CYPER

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:55:41 PM

Miners do have a choice.  You get what you pay for, and the miners have spoken.  There's a reason BTCGuild is as big as it is.

M

Now, if the people pleading poverty could kindly leave the thread. If you can't afford to drive, then you're walking or taking the bus.

Cheesy

You like telling people what to do, don't you?
OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:08:48 PM

M

Cheesy

I seem to recall that you used a significant number of pages of this thread trying to bully, cajole, insult, argue and brow-beat the pool users and pool operator to bend to your will and reduce the pool fees.

Unlike my post above, you didn't make any joke of what you were doing, you were caustic, unmannered, aggressive and a selfish bastard. If this were my thread I've have banned your ass pages ago. You've contributed nothing to this conversation, all you've done is try to leverage your own interests and attempt to persuade others that a 'race to the bottom' in terms of fees is in miners interests. It's not and you saying it doesn't make it so, however many times you say it.

CYPER

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:31:56 PM

M

Cheesy

I seem to recall that you used a significant number of pages of this thread trying to bully, cajole, insult, argue and brow-beat the pool users and pool operator to bend to your will and reduce the pool fees.

Unlike my post above, you didn't make any joke of what you were doing, you were caustic, unmannered, aggressive and a selfish bastard. If this were my thread I've have banned your ass pages ago. You've contributed nothing to this conversation, all you've done is try to leverage your own interests and attempt to persuade others that a 'race to the bottom' in terms of fees is in miners interests. It's not and you saying it doesn't make it so, however many times you say it.

I automatically assume that people who use insults to backup their arguments are are usually not very intelligent.
The good thing is this isn't your thread, so you don't make the decisions around here no matter how much you want it  Grin
OleOle

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:41:50 PM

M

Cheesy

I automatically assume that people who use insults to backup their arguments are are usually not very intelligent.
The good thing is this isn't your thread, so you don't make the decisions around here no matter how much you want it  Grin

I'm pleased to note that your behaviour has really toned down since the moderation feature got introduced - introduced because you were so selfish and aggressive begging for lower fees for page after page.

I'll draw the line here and you can whistle in the wind for a while. People know what you're about, you've made your intentions and modus operandi quite clear.

sconklin321

Activity: 543
Merit: 250

Orjinal üyelik ToRiKaN banlanalı asır ol

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:57:04 PM

I don't see how people using the market service and paying fees there has anything to do with the pool being 0 fee.

If you're purely connecting your hashing power to the pool, yes it is a 0 fee pool.  However, if you by GHS from their market, you pay a transaction fee on that market, then you pay per share your Gh/s generates as a maintenance fee for using their processing power.  So, in essence, some people are paying for their hashing at the pool and others are not. Currently, those that are using the cloud hashing are paying a fee of 4.55% for PPLNS compared to the 3% paid at BTC Guild.  I for one have no problem paying fees because someone has to pay to keep the servers going to process all the shares that we submit.  Below is a link to the fees ghash charges.

https://cex.io/maintenance

- Orjinal Üyelik Eski Banlanmış ToRiKaN -

https://youtube.com/c/KriptoParatoner

www twitter.com/torikan
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:03:08 AM

[/quote]

I called subsidy.

They could not do that if they did not have their own high end ASIC's and people paying for their other products and services.  If I were a paying customer I would not be ok with it.  But I'm not and I guess it is ok with they paying customers they do have.

All I am saying there is no such thing as something for nothing.

Why is that so hard to comprehend? Smiley

CYPER

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:09:44 AM

If you're purely connecting your hashing power to the pool, yes it is a 0 fee pool.  However, if you by GHS from their market, you pay a transaction fee on that market, then you pay per share your Gh/s generates as a maintenance fee for using their processing power.  So, in essence, some people are paying for their hashing at the pool and others are not. Currently, those that are using the cloud hashing are paying a fee of 4.55% for PPLNS compared to the 3% paid at BTC Guild.  I for one have no problem paying fees because someone has to pay to keep the servers going to process all the shares that we submit.  Below is a link to the fees ghash charges.

I am only referring to people who point their own equipment to Ghash.io by choice.
I also have no problems paying fees if they are reasonable - anything above 0.5% for a very large pool is unreasonable in my opinion as the costs associated with running such a pool are much smaller than the revenue generated even at 0.5%.
But that's just me Smiley
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:10:10 AM

Which makes my point.

Thank you for posting the facts, which I didn't feel like researching, to prove my point that it is NOT free operation.  Someone is paying for it and subsidizing those who choose not to pay for it.  Again that is all the reason I need to not make use of that pool/service.

CYPER

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:16:23 AM

I called subsidy.

They could not do that if they did not have their own high end ASIC's and people paying for their other products and services.  If I were a paying customer I would not be ok with it.  But I'm not and I guess it is ok with they paying customers they do have.

All I am saying there is no such thing as something for nothing.

Why is that so hard to comprehend? Smiley

The fact is people who mine with their own equipment pay 0 fees. Whatever I mine with my share of the pool I withdraw at 100%.
That is what matters to me and I assume a lot of other people.

Btw how does Slush provide 0% fees. Who is subsidizing that?
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:17:42 AM

I also have no problems paying fees if they are reasonable - anything above 0.5% for a very large pool is unreasonable in my opinion as the costs associated with running such a pool are much smaller than the revenue generated even at 0.5%.
But that's just me Smiley

Again, this really isn't the place for your anti free market rhetoric.

Create a thread just for this and I would happily post in to debate this subject with you in a civilized manner, as would many others.  To try and keep debating this in a pools support thread is improper.

Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 425 »
  Print  

Jump to: