Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 425 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC Guild - Pays TxFees+NMC, Stratum, VarDiff, Private Servers  (Read 902904 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ericisback

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:42:16 AM

The even easier version (doesn't factor in the current shift):  Check how many open shifts currently have 0 blocks.  Multiply that by shift length (4 billion as of my previous post, 4.5 billion going forward), and compare that number to network diff.

At the risk of looking like a complete idiot, I'll ask this...

So, if the current network difficulty is 3,815,723,799, and with ZERO variance, how do you compute the number of shares it should take to find a block (is it just the network difficultly number)?  Asked another way, what math do you use to to see if you are above or below 100%, on your "luck chart"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ericisback

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:44:35 AM

The even easier version (doesn't factor in the current shift):  Check how many open shifts currently have 0 blocks.  Multiply that by shift length (4 billion as of my previous post, 4.5 billion going forward), and compare that number to network diff.

So, if the current network difficulty is 3,815,723,799, and with ZERO variance, how do you compute the number of shares it should take to find a block (is it just the network difficultly number)?  Asked another way, what math do you use to to see if you are above or below 100%, on your "luck chart"?

Man, I hate being the dumbest guy in the room....
ericisback

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:53:06 AM

Finally, anyone think there is actually any shot of the difficulty increase actually slowing down:

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu229/ericisback1/2014-03-02_234625.jpg
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:53:26 AM

You need on average 3,815,723,799 difficulty-1 equivalent shares to solve a 3,815,723,799 difficulty block.

The "luck" measurement BTCGuild uses is expected d1 shares / actual d1 shares, do if it only took 300,000,000 d1 shares to solve a 3,815,723,799 difficulty block, it would have a "luck" of 3,815,723,799 / 300,000,000 * 100 = 1271.908%

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:55:35 AM

Finally, anyone think there is actually any shot of the difficulty increase actually slowing down:

365 / 12 months = 30.4 days "per month"
Compound Daily growth of 1.5% = 1.015^30.4 = +57% per month
joeofall

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:00:19 AM

Black Monday!
dazzling2865

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:29:40 PM

Can someone help. I am furious. BTCG user/worker benutzer_1 has hacked my antminer and changed a script file somewhere to redirect to his worker. What will BTC Guild do about this? Short of changing my SSH password which I have now done what else can I do?

UPDATE: Config file for cgminer did not show his pool/worker (priority 0) and a reboot has deleted killed his worker. Now very confused.

Thanks
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:22:06 PM

Can someone help. I am furious. BTCG user/worker benutzer_1 has hacked my antminer and changed a script file somewhere to redirect to his worker. What will BTC Guild do about this? Short of changing my SSH password which I have now done what else can I do?

UPDATE: Config file for cgminer did not show his pool/worker (priority 0) and a reboot has deleted killed his worker. Now very confused.

Thanks

I'm sorry you appear to have been hacked.  But I don't see how BTCG can help?

I could say my worker was hacked and I should get credit for someone else's work too.  My point is, how can you prove it?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:07:05 PM

I'm not certain he's pointing the finger solely at BTC Guild, and if he has a way to document that someone on the Guild is doing something like redirecting what equates to funds within the Guild, maybe it can be traced. Though I think it would be very difficult. Even if the funds generated were a wash, the question could be whether the offenders user account was freezable, or not.  Could other people have also been victimized? Yes, he could simply create new accounts and try again but would have to do so without the ill gotten funds generated so far. Is it possible to share a potential threat IP address within the inner circles of the Pool Operators? Could a security lesson be shared among users to help prevent security breaches? If the matter appears legitimate, can/would the Guild really do anything? Huh
dazzling2865

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:09:03 PM

Thanks

I'm sorry you appear to have been hacked.  But I don't see how BTCG can help?

I could say my worker was hacked and I should get credit for someone else's work too.  My point is, how can you prove it?

M

Well, I was hoping for some advice as to how to avoid this given that CGminer config had not been modified. Also I will be keeping firewall logs from my router from now on and any further attempts from this user I will forward these to the users ISP with reference to his BTG worker name.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:10:26 PM

I'm not certain he's pointing the finger solely at BTC Guild, and if he has a way to document that someone on the Guild is doing something like redirecting what equates to funds within the Guild, maybe it can be traced. Though I think it would be very difficult. Even if the funds generated were a wash, the question could be whether the offenders user account was freezable, or not.  Could other people have also been victimized? Yes, he could simply create new accounts and try again but would have to do so without the ill gotten funds generated so far. Is it possible to share a potential threat IP address within the inner circles of the Pool Operators? Could a security lesson be shared among users to help prevent security breaches? If the matter appears legitimate, can/would the Guild really do anything? Huh

It's still a matter of my word vs your word.  I could say your account has my funds, and your account should be frozen.  How could I prove it, and you prove otherwise?

I'm curious how his Ant was hacked.  It shouldn't be accessible externally.  If it is, he needs to tighten up his security a bit.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
dazzling2865

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:21:14 PM

It's still a matter of my word vs your word.  I could say your account has my funds, and your account should be frozen.  How could I prove it, and you prove otherwise?

I'm curious how his Ant was hacked.  It shouldn't be accessible externally.  If it is, he needs to tighten up his security a bit.

M

I gain nothing by inventing a story like this. The fact is a BTCG member hacked my miner and I can't see how given the cgminer conf is intact. So I was hoping for a bit of help, like it's probably been done using X, Y, Z method and here's how to help avoid that. I posted in this forum as I think BTCG has some responsibility to stop it's members behaving in this way.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:21:35 PM

M
Yes, there must be supporting documentation and if "warranted" further review before any action was taken. I'm also curious too, was the Ant hacked? Or was the user's account modified. Of course "IF" the claim is legitimate. Proof is on the shoulders of the accuser.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:28:48 PM

M

I gain nothing by inventing a story like this. The fact is a BTCG member hacked my miner and I can't see how given the cgminer conf is intact. So I was hoping for a bit of help, like it's probably been done using X, Y, Z method and here's how to help avoid that. I posted in this forum as I think BTCG has some responsibility to stop it's members behaving in this way.

Um, I disagree.  I don't see how BTCG is responsible for a user's actions.  I'm sure if there was definitive proof something could be done to the account, but there's certainly nothing BTCG can do to prevent malicious activity by one of the users.  That's like saying someone stole my car, but I managed to get it back, and Ford needs needs to do something about it.

Your ant shouldn't be reachable by anyone except those on your internal network.  If it's reachable externally, then you open yourself up to hack attempts.

M

dazzling2865

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:23:09 PM

M

Um, I disagree.  I don't see how BTCG is responsible for a user's actions.  I'm sure if there was definitive proof something could be done to the account, but there's certainly nothing BTCG can do to prevent malicious activity by one of the users.  That's like saying someone stole my car, but I managed to get it back, and Ford needs needs to do something about it.

Your ant shouldn't be reachable by anyone except those on your internal network.  If it's reachable externally, then you open yourself up to hack attempts.

M

Laughable!
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:54:00 PM

SSH to the miner, screen to the cgminer instance, change pool details, don't save config.  That's how.

BTC Guild has zero responsibility.  It's your responsibility to secure your equipment, not BTC Guilds.  Roll Eyes
dazzling2865

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:01:14 PM

SSH to the miner, screen to the cgminer instance, change pool details, don't save config.  That's how.

BTC Guild has zero responsibility.  It's your responsibility to secure your equipment, not BTC Guilds.  Roll Eyes

Thank you. That is helpful. All passwords changed and api-allow in cgminer now locked down to our PHP based web monitors server IP address. I named and shamed the BTCG user/worker and surprised that BTCG would not look at their account to see if this is widescale fraud.

Is there any way to allow 2 different IP address to access CG Miner? I want to run CGremote locally on LAN and PHP web based script remotely so that's 2 completely different IP addresses.
Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:19:37 PM

Thank you. That is helpful. All passwords changed and api-allow in cgminer now locked down to our PHP based web monitors server IP address. I named and shamed the BTCG user/worker and surprised that BTCG would not look at their account to see if this is widescale fraud.

Is there any way to allow 2 different IP address to access CG Miner? I want to run CGremote locally on LAN and PHP web based script remotely so that's 2 completely different IP addresses.
API-allow takes a comma separated list. If php and cgremote both need write access:

--API-allow W:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:22:47 PM

Op hasn't spoke up yet.  If he can see that there are worker activities coming in from multiple widely varying IP addresses then he may act upon it.  That's his call.

M

dazzling2865

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:32:49 PM

API-allow takes a comma separated list. If php and cgremote both need write access:

--API-allow W:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy

Great. I do have 127.0.0.1 which I think if for the miners GUI to work i.e. to see itself followed by the remote IP but seems CGminer objects to 3 IPs? i.e. --API-allow W:127.0.0.1,yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy, zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz. Is there a limit of 2 IPs?

Cheers for the help.
Pages: « 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 425 »
  Print  

Jump to: