Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:56:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Idena is the first Proof-of-Person Blockchain  (Read 44071 times)
othell_rogue

Activity: 800
Merit: 143

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 11:04:29 AM

Please read and take part in an important poll about IDENA rewards.
Now we have absolutely unfair punishment for reported flips.
If someone doesn't know, then for reported flips, you completely lose the reward.
You will not be rewarded for successful validation, for invited users and for flips.
This punishment system must to be changed.
https://idenapoll.com/poll/WfpWH8_

Voted, even if the options sucks. To loose 50% of all rewards for 1 bad flip and 100% for 2 or more flips. A fair punishment will be to loose the reward for the reported flip not for all flips made, further more for Invites and Validation. What have to do a bad flip with the invite reward, or the validation?!

To Buy, or not to Sell? That is the question.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 11:13:51 AM

Voted, even if the options sucks. To loose 50% of all rewards for 1 bad flip and 100% for 2 or more flips. A fair punishment will be to loose the reward for the reported flip not for all flips made, further more for Invites and Validation. What have to do a bad flip with the invite reward, or the validation?!

Based on DNA price and flip rewards there is currently 1.5$ per good flip. This is way too less to convince majority of network to do good flips. If it would be like you posted than we would see 90% shitty flips.

50% down after 1 and 100% down after 2 is a fair deal.
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 06:23:17 PM

I read a lot of talks about IDENA getting into Binance, but is it possible for IDENA to get in with the project being in testnet, of course as an old supporter this is welcome news to us, but is this possible. if we are going to wait for the  Mainnet do we have a timeline, can we have an update on this.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
othell_rogue

View Profile
June 27, 2020, 07:07:21 PM

Based on DNA price and flip rewards there is currently 1.5$ per good flip. This is way too less to convince majority of network to do good flips. If it would be like you posted than we would see 90% shitty flips.

50% down after 1 and 100% down after 2 is a fair deal.

Of course...
I don't know who you are but it seems that you are taking the side of the project each and every time even if something is not OK you will say it is, like the example above. Again: what have to do the flips made with the invitation rewards. If I make 2 bad flips I loose the Invite reward, for you is fair Smiley)) Let's assume you are a seller at work: If he don't fulfill your task of selling at least 6 products/ month and you sell only 4, you won't loose your commission only, you won't get your salary either. You would say to your boss: "shrouds fair to me"?. Then let's make things "better" why we don't cut the ability of mining also if you make 3 bad flips, and if you make 4 you owe the Idena network some amount of DNA. Why not?! Let's do it!
In your opinion everything that Idena devs benefit from it is perfect, everything is OK, everything is fair which leads me to the thinking you are one of the devs or some paid shill and I'm done talking to you.

Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2020, 05:37:26 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2020, 11:57:38 AM by Tytanowy Janusz

Let's assume you are a seller at work: If he don't fulfill your task of selling at least 6 products/ month and you sell only 4, you won't lose your commission only, you won't get your salary either. You would say to your boss: "shrouds fair to me"?.

Its funny that the only argument for your proposal that you bring is not related to network. It's like you said:
-We should limit plane speed. Planes should not fly with 500 MPH
-why?
-Because you will be killed driving that fast with car...

While you did not refer to my argument. This change would destroy network. No one will care about creating good flips for 1.5$. Let me put it other words:

-you can't take part in validation without creating flips
-you can't mine without creating flips
-you can do it all if you do 3 "1,2,3,4" flips in 30 seconds (without 4.5$ flip rewards)

Is this fair? It is worth to remember that network can't exist without good flips.

then let's make things "better" why we don't cut the ability of mining also if you make 3 bad flips, and if you make 4 you owe the Idena network some amount of DNA. Why not?! Let's do it!
Doing 3 flips is crucial for network and part of every node duty. I don't see a reason why not? 30% mining speed for 1 good flip, 60% for two 100% for 3, 120% for 4 and 150% for 5. Why not? The only case that you are right with is nomenclature that can be confusing. We have good flip reward (1.5$ ... for ~20 min work on flip to make it good) and on the other hand bad flip penalty. We could suggest to devs transfer flip reward funds to validation funds (no flip rewards but higher validation rewards) and leave flip penalty only. Simply to take part in validation you need to create 3 flips. If they were shitty than it is fair to cut validation rewards proportional. That way it would be less confusing.
But at the and it will not change anything despite nomenclature.
Or we could do like 500 DNA per good flip in rewards and reduce mining speed by x% to get funds for that and then apply your suggestion (no bad flip penalty). But in the end (amount of DNA in miner wallet) it will be similar to flip penalty based on reduction of mining speed (only diffrent nomenclature).
But just 1.5$ per flip and no bad flip penalty will destroy network and you know it.

I don't know who you are but it seems that you are taking the side of the project

In your opinion everything that Idena devs benefit from it is perfect,
I just want this network to grow and build long term value for miners and investors. Devs want it too. It should not surprise that we might have same opinion about many cases. And where is here profit for devs? Coins are burned not distributed to devs. You are talking about 100-500$ per epoch less in supply? It's nothing in comparison to 90% shitty flips that we would get after this change. I guess you agree with me because we were talkig a lot about bad flips before. You even wanted pre-validation flip validation:

Regarding the bad flips:
Maybe the team can implement a pre-validation flip verification, so the bad flips don't land on the Short session. The long validation can remain the same.
Now you want to change the only thing that gives financial motivation to create good flips? It does not makes sense.

In order to clarify. By writing "this change" I'm thinking about this suggestion:

A fair punishment will be to loose the reward for the reported flip not for all flips made, further more for Invites and Validation. What have to do a bad flip with the invite reward, or the validation?!

I voted for in official poll - https://idenapoll.com/poll/WfpWH8_
Current penalty is too harsh but no penalty is bad to. 50% is fair deal for me.
Krucifer

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

IdenaNetwork (idena.io)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 11:40:39 AM

Well.. since this is main-test-net Network is understandable that the software is not flawless so we need to live with this.
I like the new wallet feature: Collage tools for making flips. Pretty handy when making flips at first sight (didn't used it yet).

Collage tool is awesome.

I made a joke flip using it. Tool was not very well used by me but a first try, anyway. Smiley

I  D  E  N  A   ►   Proof-of-Person Blockchain
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ https://idena.io/ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:15:27 PM

Any way to optimize client and mining process.
Since last update, my PC constantly freezing, so I need
to restart it every time  Huh

othell_rogue

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 12:46:01 PM

Do you run the node on a VPS or locally?
If you run the node locally the client runs better if you run the node separately not with the "built-in" option. Additionally you can delete the IPFS folder from Idena/datadir installation folder.

Bitdonator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 03:49:00 PM

Do you run the node on a VPS or locally?
If you run the node locally the client runs better if you run the node separately not with the "built-in" option. Additionally you can delete the IPFS folder from Idena/datadir installation folder.

I run it locally.
Thanks for suggestion, I will try it  Smiley
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 04:22:59 PM

Are Idena devs going to keep all invitation rewards AGAIN this upcoming validation date and make the reward pool smaller for those that do not have 500 invitations to give away freely like their "God" account has?

Are you going to screw over those who work hard to make flips only to tell them "tough luck" when your buggy wallet and node fail AGAIN?
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 05:28:39 PM

snip

I don't have enough fingers to count how many times you have raised the same issue. How many times you need to hear the same answer? Remeber to use colours, underline and bigger font size next time just like every spamer do. This will for sure change answer you will get.

to restart it every time  Huh

othell_rogue gave good advices. If it wont help try ctrl+alt+del and check what is the issue. CPU, memory, HDD? Report it to devs on discord. realRioda is very helpfull in technical cases.
Bitdonator
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 07:21:45 PM

snip

I don't have enough fingers to count how many times you have raised the same issue. How many times you need to hear the same answer? Remeber to use colours, underline and bigger font size next time just like every spamer do. This will for sure change answer you will get.

to restart it every time  Huh

othell_rogue gave good advices. If it wont help try ctrl+alt+del and check what is the issue. CPU, memory, HDD? Report it to devs on discord. realRioda is very helpfull in technical cases.

Its 4 core AMD cpu, with 8 gb RAM memory... the freezing happen only when I run Browser and Idena at
same time. HDD is 100 % healty, but I noticed high I/O Reads.

Pofick

Activity: 600
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 11:27:55 AM

Today is a validation day. New epoch will start soon.

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    4 0 1 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 02:52:17 PM

The rule "one bad flip no rewards is insane", sometimes keywords are that random that it is impossible to connect them into a story and admins encourage people to report such flips, which leads some people to report half of the flips. I will be back when you change this rule if you ever will.
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 03:24:30 PM

The rule "one bad flip no rewards is insane", sometimes keywords are that random that it is impossible to connect them into a story and admins encourage people to report such flips, which leads some people to report half of the flips. I will be back when you change this rule if you ever will.

They won't change it, they already steal invitation rewards from the reward pool.

The Idena team missed a huge opportunity and now the momentum is gone.

The flips are getting worse every validation and they keep ignoring the HUGE issue of people's accounts being killed by their buggy software.

They refuse to do anything right, but instead do everything wrong and ignore issues with users' wallet/node experiences.  Roll Eyes
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 05:22:17 PM

@Flangler There is ongoing vote for this. Just vote and spread awareness about it. Not just say you don't like current situation and that's it. There are a lot of different factors (f.e network stability) that might be more important in this case. More important that being fair for someone who is not able to create a flip. 1.5$ for good flip, 0 $ for bad flip and no bad flip penalty will affect in 100% "1,2,3,4" flips and will destroy network.

@lemonandfriesonetwo

You think that flips are getting worse and worse but on the other hand you want devs to destroy the only financial motivation that people have to create good flips. That does not make any sense other than FUD making from a guy who dumped his coins on loss and move to other projects. Just do the same with your forum activity. Stop posting the same things over and over gain full of venom and hatred.
othell_rogue

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 06:33:05 PM

I agree that the software is buggy and the team is not doing the best management of how things work on Idena, but it is what it is. If you like it you stay, if not, you are free to go. Nobody is forcing anyone to stay around. I don't like many things either, but are few things I like and I choose to stay.

BTW anyone knows how this happened?

realRioda

Activity: 173
Merit: 79

https://idena.site

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 06:53:32 PM

I agree that the software is buggy and the team is not doing the best management of how things work on Idena, but it is what it is. If you like it you stay, if not, you are free to go. Nobody is forcing anyone to stay around. I don't like many things either, but are few things I like and I choose to stay.

BTW anyone knows how this happened?

Hi, one problem that can cause late submission is: bad time sync on os where node and client run, other, node went out od sync and did not submit data in time.
Node and client logs would say more about what happened.

othell_rogue

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 03:43:32 AM

Hi, one problem that can cause late submission is: bad time sync on os where node and client run, other, node went out od sync and did not submit data in time.
Node and client logs would say more about what happened.

Well I also thought the node went ut of sync but when I checked the explorer i saw the answers were sent in time, see below:

Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
July 06, 2020, 05:04:13 AM

@Flangler There is ongoing vote for this. Just vote and spread awareness about it. Not just say you don't like current situation and that's it. There are a lot of different factors (f.e network stability) that might be more important in this case. More important that being fair for someone who is not able to create a flip. 1.5$ for good flip, 0 $ for bad flip and no bad flip penalty will affect in 100% "1,2,3,4" flips and will destroy network.

@lemonandfriesonetwo

You think that flips are getting worse and worse but on the other hand you want devs to destroy the only financial motivation that people have to create good flips. That does not make any sense other than FUD making from a guy who dumped his coins on loss and move to other projects. Just do the same with your forum activity. Stop posting the same things over and over gain full of venom and hatred.
"1,2,3,4" flips, should be always reported. I meant flips with correlation only to one keyword. There are a lot of people who report all flips. If I remember correctly even in this topic man has shown that he reported all flips in one epoch. Right now the main goal should be to get as many members as possible not to get picky about flips but that's is just my opinion. Good luck anyway!
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: