Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:47:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1259999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:17:12 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 01:28:34 PM by Bicknellski

No I mean 8 thousand 9 hundred and ninety-one dollars. Did I buy BTC to pay for my unit? Did I buy BTC in 2012? Let us just say I am ok with the 9K I spent not the 20 BTC you think I spent.

I shopped for a GOOD deal on the Group Buy threads found a great deal... do you need to? I didn't say that I am just sharing what I did.

Jimmy... seriously if you don't like my good news that is ok... but rewording or skewing what I post doesn't really detract from the good deal I got. What can you get now? I don't know let me know.
---- snip ----

I guess you forgot your own praise for me getting 12 TH/s for 9K. Well ok I guess you are sad about AM shares. I guess that must be it. I personally do not get all the FUD directed at SPtech. Anyone with calculator can figure out what is or isn't a good deal. I got a decent deal. Hopeful August delivery is on time. I have faith that SPtech will do what they have promised. If they deliver as promised then I am ok with my 9K invested being set up in Norway hashing away as part of the hosting / pool etc we are setting up there as our first node. Not the only iron I have in the fire Jimmy. I am not sad if SPTech does well like you seem to be and that shill like behavior smells a bit to me. Why all the hate?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:25:38 PM

RoadStress, how do those shipping dates above look ?

Looking good!

tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:34:38 PM

If finally SP Tech delivers on time, then they will really be far ahead with the SP30.

There is nothing to compare with it.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:36:58 PM

I personally do not get all the FUD directed at SPtech. Anyone with calculator can figure out what is or isn't a good deal. I got a decent deal. Hopeful August delivery is on time. I have faith that SPtech will do what they have promised.

It's not FUD it's just bad business to go with preorders and inflated website pricing.
Bicknellski

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:40:41 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 01:52:51 PM by Bicknellski

I guess you forgot your own praise for me getting 12 TH/s for 9K. Well ok I guess you are sad about AM shares. I guess that must be it. I personally do not get all the FUD directed at SPtech. Anyone with calculator can figure out what is or isn't a good deal. I got a decent deal. Hopeful August delivery is on time. I have faith that SPtech will do what they have promised. If they deliver as promised then I am ok with my 9K invested being set up in Norway hashing away as part of the hosting / pool etc we are setting up there as our first node. Not the only iron I have in the fire Jimmy. I am not sad if SPTech does well like you seem to be and that shill like behavior smells a bit to me. Why all the hate?

---- snip ----

It is not bad business when you deal with people that actually deliver as promised. Was it bad business to gouge people price wise? Let me say it again in this thread like I did another, you didn't seem to me to be the consumer advocate when those numerous group buys, of some people selling AM products, were most clearly profiteering off the community were you? Funny eh?

Seems to me you are protecting your own interests rather than being a Ralph Nader'esque' crusader for the little guy. You do know we see through this right?

You are not fooling too many people with this attack guised as consumer advocacy.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
jimmothy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:10:05 PM

It is not bad business when you deal with people that actually deliver as promised.

Like KNC? They technically shipped on time and overspec yet I don't see neptune owners particularly overjoyed.

I do believe the sp30 will be another solid piece of hardware and they would have no problem selling it from stock but unfortunately they decided to go with the sales method that screws over customers 9 times out of 10.

Let me say it again in this thread like I did another, you didn't seem to the be the consumer advocate when group buys of people selling AM products who were most clearly profiteering off the community?

When did this happen? As far as I know AM products have always been sold from stock for prices people were willing to pay. Just about everyone who bought an AM machine made a profit in USD and some even reached ROI in BTC.

Seems to me you are protecting your own interests rather than being a Ralph Nader'esque' crusader for the little guy. You do know we see through this right?

You are not fooling too many people with this attack guised as consumer advocacy.

Just like how your attacks on technobit were totally because you didn't want people to get scammed?

I have nothing to gain here. I am just letting people know my (and countless others) experience with preorders.

It's a shame since it seemed like the entire community was finally finished with preorders.
TheWildHorse

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:47:03 PM

Hello, I tried contacting you a few days ago trough your online form, but no response yet..

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:59:13 PM

I personally do not get all the FUD directed at SPtech. Anyone with calculator can figure out what is or isn't a good deal. I got a decent deal. Hopeful August delivery is on time. I have faith that SPtech will do what they have promised.

It's not FUD it's just bad business to go with preorders and inflated website pricing.

So you as a shareholder in a competitor company are stating that what SP-Tech is doing is it's bad business. I'm sorry, but who are you to say what is good and what is bad business for them. It looks like it's doing them good since they are not changing anything.

I can come and say that it's bad business for AM to not issue dividends after they did it weekly for a good period of time, anyone can come and claim anything actually, but you are the least persons that should do it about SP-Tech considering the above. So what exactly is your issue here? It seems that you are the only one complaining and since you are sleeping in bed with the competitor well it's simply useless to state anything about how should SP-Tech run its business.

Like KNC? They technically shipped on time and overspec yet I don't see neptune owners particularly overjoyed.

I do believe the sp30 will be another solid piece of hardware and they would have no problem selling it from stock but unfortunately they decided to go with the sales method that screws over customers 9 times out of 10.

Please share why should Neptune owners be overjoyed. They delivered on time, but not in 1 case as they promised and many had problems with PSU switching off.

As for SP30 customers well SP-Tech managed to sell out all August pre-orders in a period of time when nobody else is doing such long pre-orders (bitmain excluded with their 2 weeks S3 pre-orders).

What about your AM shares? I do believe that FC is tricking the shareholders with expenses that bring money to his partners, but not to the shareholders.

bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:02:35 PM

Hello, I tried contacting you a few days ago trough your online form, but no response yet..

that is strange
maybe they will not ship anything and pump out preorder money to islands of paradise?

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:07:47 PM

that is strange
maybe they will not ship anything and pump out preorder money to islands of paradise?

It's not strange. There were cases where e-mails aren't being delivered. Stop spreading FUD!

Bicknellski

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:09:45 PM

---- snip ----

Never bought KnC and that is way off topic since we are talking about SPTech.

Have yet to see SPTech cause a single customer grief and not fix it somehow to the customers satisfaction. I have 2 SP30's on order and I am hopeful they will deliver as promised. You seem to think bashing / questioning SPTech's business practices is relevant? I go off what they have shown to the community not on what you think is right or wrong. I value that SPTech has met all their obligations and made all their customers happy so far as I can tell.

That is the bottom-line. Here is hoping I am just one more happy customer and at this point there is zero evidence to support they will fuck the SP30s delivery up. There is however plenty of posts from you trying to get people not to buy SPTech products. I wonder why?

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:15:59 PM

jimmothy is just bitter because ASICMiner botched the design of their Gen3 chip and ended up with increased power usage and a chip that is no longer competitive with Bitmain. The ASICMiner Gen3 miners I've seen to date look like amateur, second rate products compared to the S3. ASICMiner shareholders are very biased and seem to lack objectivity when looking at the current mining landscape.

It looks like folks who gambled on the Roadstress SP30 group buy may end up having their bet pay off. I still very much doubt that a SP30 for 5k with a September delivery is a good buy, but a 4.5k SP30 with an early August delivery is looking like a very good buy.

Simulations are one thing, and final performance often differs from simulated numbers, but it sounds like we'll know if the SP30 performs according to specification within a week.

wanna4fun

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

noobie

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:16:59 PM

Hi SP-Tech's team,

since you will have the chip on tuesday, any information about the estimate date of delivery for early august ? as well as the WA datacenter hosting opportunity for non group buying ? Smiley
(i think i'm not the first to ask this question, but .... TLDR  Grin)

Thx !

Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:32:32 PM

Hi SP-Tech's team,

since you will have the chip on tuesday, any information about the estimate date of delivery for early august ? as well as the WA datacenter hosting opportunity for non group buying ? Smiley
(i think i'm not the first to ask this question, but .... TLDR  Grin)

Thx !
Early August will be delivered until around the first half of August :p

As there are around 500 units in early August batch, it will obviously take some time.
jimmothy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:58:57 PM

---- snip ----

Never bought KnC and that is way off topic since we are talking about SPTech.

I'm using it as an example to show you how a company who delivered perfectly on time and 10% over spec actually fucked their customers.

Have yet to see SPTech cause a single customer grief and not fix it somehow to the customers satisfaction. I have 2 SP30's on order and I am hopeful they will deliver as promised. You seem to think bashing / questioning SPTech's business practices is relevant? I go off what they have shown to the community not on what you think is right or wrong. I value that SPTech has met all their obligations and made all their customers happy so far as I can tell.

I have to agree. From what I've seen spondoolies has had outstanding customer service. But that does not mean I cannot bash/question their bad business practices. Spondoolies is not immune to criticism like some of you seem to think.

I think they would be a nearly perfect example of how an asic manufacturer should be if they had not taken preorders and inflated website prices. (and affiliate advertising)

That is the bottom-line. Here is hoping I am just one more happy customer and at this point there is zero evidence to support they will fuck the SP30s delivery up. There is however plenty of posts from you trying to get people not to buy SPTech products. I wonder why?

The thing is they don't even need to fuck up for them to fuck over their customers via preorders.

I would actually recommend buying SP hardware if it was sold from stock and for a reasonable price.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:08:48 PM

I'm using it as an example to show you how a company who delivered perfectly on time and 10% over spec actually fucked their customers.

KnC fucked their customers when they decided to make 1 (or 2) big ass datorhalls for selfish mining.

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:14:14 PM

I would actually recommend buying SP hardware if it was sold from stock and for a reasonable price.

I wonder sometimes why european/US manufacturers seem to unable to fully grasp the idea of selling from the stock or a short (2-3wk) preorder.
What exactly is the difference? Is it small manufacturing facilities, risk aversion, upfront funds?
European/US asic makers also do not care about market share and in one case (KnC) are unable to adjust the price to market conditions.
I am still at a loss as to why KnC did not continue to sell Jupiter into jan-Feb or why spond did not continue to sell Sp-10 as long as it was selling with a profit (maybe it wasn't, I don't know). This seems to completely contradict almost any other business that I know of. Typically, you continue to sell an older model if you are still making money with it until there is a new model. I don't see anything unique to bitcoin that negates this possibility.
jimmothy

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:19:45 PM

KnC fucked their customers when they decided to make 1 (or 2) big ass datorhalls for selfish mining.

The loss due to KNC increasing the network hashrate by 4% pales in comparison to the loss due to the preorders.

I guarantee nobody would have paid $2/gh for in stock hardware at the end of June with or without the added 4% network hashrate.

Just like how nobody would pay $12k for an sp30 even if it was delivered yesterday.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:38:14 PM

The loss due to KNC increasing the network hashrate by 4% pales in comparison to the loss due to the preorders.

I guarantee nobody would have paid $2/gh for in stock hardware at the end of June with or without the added 4% network hashrate.

Just like how nobody would pay $12k for an sp30 even if it was delivered yesterday.

but they would pay ~9K, maybe slightly more due to a compact form and better energy efficiency.
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:39:54 PM

I wonder sometimes why european/US manufacturers seem to unable to fully grasp the idea of selling from the stock or a short (2-3wk) preorder.
What exactly is the difference? Is it small manufacturing facilities, risk aversion, upfront funds?
European/US asic makers also do not care about market share and in one case (KnC) are unable to adjust the price to market conditions.
I am still at a loss as to why KnC did not continue to sell Jupiter into jan-Feb or why spond did not continue to sell Sp-10 as long as it was selling with a profit (maybe it wasn't, I don't know). This seems to completely contradict almost any other business that I know of. Typically, you continue to sell an older model if you are still making money with it until there is a new model. I don't see anything unique to bitcoin that negates this possibility.

You stop selling an older model if the cost to produce that model is weighted against the amount of profit you would get by maintaining it.  So if they were going to need to make another chip run and spend $100,000 but only sell $50,000 in SP10's, that'd be a stupid business decision.  I'm sure the old models of some cars sell great, but automakers replace them anyway.  Now sure, in the beginning had ST had a crystal ball to see the future, they'd of known to produce more chips and then would be better prepared to have just the perfect amount before the SP30 started selling.  However, crystal balls are rare and not nearly as effective as we'd like them to be, so they had to go with a business plan they felt made the most sense.  They didn't account for such high demand.  Oh well...

As for why do folks preorder.  It's an interest free loan and locks the customer down so you can fine-tune your manufacturing plans.  It's unfair to the buyers, but so long as people preorder, the manufacturers will keep doing it.  

That said, the only way to make really great money is to be able to buy the cheapest miner with the most hash at the earliest possible instant.  So that you get the most hash for your dollar.  So many people who preorder understand they are taking a risk to be first in line.  Though, it's only really worked for those guys who got the first round Avalons.  I suppose in the early days of BFL if you got in right at the start for the Asics that ran at 1.5th, you'd of made serious money since their prices were about half what they were later when Bitcoin prices went up.  Otherwise, most everyone else is buying on hopes that BTC will rise, or working off very thin margins now.  

I think most mining is a money loser.  Primarily because most of the hardware manufacturers have been terrible at delivering their products on time.  Almost every single one of them has been a failure.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: