Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Primecoin GPU miner: 9.1 CPD on a 280x / pool / 2% dev.fee  (Read 100886 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 02:00:59 AM

see the price of xpm thats why pools are bad for coins all people do is mine and dump
Pool are not necessarily responsible for that... large hashing power will always dump more easily as they get more easily the coins.
That will still be true if they solomine (actually I don't understand they prefer pool, we enough hashing power it shouldn't make a difference)
Those who get an advantage on a pool are the small miners as they get more frequent payout than they would get in solo (low probability, large fluctuation in the time between to block.
(The total number of coins found over an infinite period of time should be similar with the pool and in solo... but as we don't run over infinite time there are differences... some will be lucky and find more, other will be unlucky and find less at equal hashrate... this inequality disappear since your payout depends mostly of you hashing power compared to the other)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bctx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:31:51 AM

3x7970

3.85 average CPD
36 hours: 0 block, 3 10-ch

we need a pool

Yup same here, I won't buy anymore licenses until a private pool is up.

Same here. Three cards, over 48 hours nonstop, only 2 blocks found -- one of which had to be an orphan. I did find a few blocks prior to this, but PrimeGPU is now a dead-end for small miners (with the release of various other XPM GPU miners); I'm also doubting it's performing any better for people with 5-7 card setups.

PrimeGPU -- get the pool up and running -- for the good of XPM as a market and your own team.

People -- don't buy any more licenses. The XPM market has changed due to the release of this miner, and now this miner isn't even worth using. Lets make these guys work a little harder for your 35 XPM.
glinko

Activity: 37
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:08:15 AM

yep... 24h mining solo 6x r9 280x - only 2 10ch and no blocks Cry,  mining with claymore xpm miner on ypool - 12 xpm for 12h (not so good but something)...
So we need a pool - i talk about this again!
I dont want to play - i want stable result..
Please!
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:16:45 AM

3x7970

3.85 average CPD

we need a pool

Same here. Three cards, over 48 hours nonstop, only 2 blocks found -- one of which had to be an orphan. I did find a few blocks prior to this, but PrimeGPU is now a dead-end for small miners (with the release of various other XPM GPU miners); I'm also doubting it's performing any better for people with 5-7 card setups.

PrimeGPU -- get the pool up and running -- for the good of XPM as a market and your own team.

People -- don't buy any more licenses. The XPM market has changed due to the release of this miner, and now this miner isn't even worth using. Lets make these guys work a little harder for your 35 XPM.

ONLY two blocks...are you kidding me thats extremely good are you high? 2 blocks is worth double what you could mine anywhere else with your gpu right now!

yep... 24h mining solo 6x r9 280x - only 2 10ch and no blocks Cry,  mining with claymore xpm miner on ypool - 12 xpm for 12h (not so good but something)...
Please!

Sorry to say mate you are not going to get a stable result if there is a good miner people will use it and the diff will go up..
i don't know what you guys were expecting but i find it baffling how most of you have such un realistic expectations especially right now
Melanet

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:32:01 AM

Primecoin GPU miner ver. 1.03
-----------------------------
Mining time: 9.32 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.78
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.80

Pass: 16305
GPU #0   time: 205
GPU #1   time: 181

10-ch   found: 3         expected: 1.080
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.463

2 x r9 290 - 1150/1400
cpuusage 7    -    30-35%
kev7112001

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:57:31 AM

see the price of xpm thats why pools are bad for coins all people do is mine and dump
Pool are not necessarily responsible for that... large hashing power will always dump more easily as they get more easily the coins.
That will still be true if they solomine (actually I don't understand they prefer pool, we enough hashing power it shouldn't make a difference)
Those who get an advantage on a pool are the small miners as they get more frequent payout than they would get in solo (low probability, large fluctuation in the time between to block.
(The total number of coins found over an infinite period of time should be similar with the pool and in solo... but as we don't run over infinite time there are differences... some will be lucky and find more, other will be unlucky and find less at equal hashrate... this inequality disappear since your payout depends mostly of you hashing power compared to the other)

i dont think understand how long it takes a block to mature where a pool is hitting them faster allowing people to dump coins more quickly
amazing how all the sudden xpm dumping just starts happening as soon as everyone starts mining it with there gpu's on ypool

MCXNOW MODERATOR
bctx

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:10:43 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 08:56:53 AM by bctx

3x7970

3.85 average CPD

we need a pool

ONLY two blocks...are you kidding me thats extremely good are you high? 2 blocks is worth double what you could mine anywhere else with your gpu right now!

Please!

Sorry to say mate you are not going to get a stable result if there is a good miner people will use it and the diff will go up..
i don't know what you guys were expecting but i find it baffling how most of you have such un realistic expectations especially right now

Umm, they're not unrealistic expectations -- the expectation is listed right on the thread title; and while I'm getting a good CPD estimate, it's just not finding the blocks. Plenty of 10-ch shares, but 10-ch shares don't pay for electricity when you're solo mining. As far as getting twice as many blocks with primeGPU over anywhere else, I'm not sure where you're getting these numbers. If someone were to post numbers of primeGPU running side by side with those "other" miners, than I might buy it -- maybe. For all I know, your defending the primeGPU team because you're also part of it -- that or you didn't pay anything for it.

Just posting my results. Cryptocurrency is all about transparency. If they paid more attention to improving the program instead of focusing on dumping and counting how many XPMs they're getting per day by selling these licenses, maybe everyone would be getting better results.
Melanet

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:17:31 AM

Mining time: 0.59 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.78
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.73

Pass: 1037
GPU #0   time: 210
GPU #1   time: 147

10-ch   found: 0         expected: 0.069
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.029

without any arguments on serv

anybody found blocks on catalist 14.3?
kev7112001

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:21:04 AM

3x7970

3.85 average CPD

we need a pool

Please!

Umm, they're not unrealistic expectations -- the expectation is listed right on the thread title; and while I'm getting a good CPD estimate, it's just not finding the blocks. Plenty of 10-ch shares, but 10-ch shares don't pay for electricity when you're solo mining. As far as getting twice as many blocks with primeGPU over anywhere else, I'm not sure where you're getting these numbers. If someone were to post numbers of primeGPU running side by side with those "other" miners, than I might buy it -- maybe. For all I know, your defending the primeGPU team because you're also part of it -- that or you didn't pay anything for it.

Just posting my results. Cryptocurrency is all about transparency. If they paid more attention to bettering the program instead of focusing on dumping and counting how many XPMs they're getting per day by selling these licenses, maybe everyone would be getting better results.

for 1 i know he isnt apart of the team and also he means mining anything else

MCXNOW MODERATOR
Melanet

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:30:49 AM

warning : linking two modules of different target triplies: 'amdil-pc-unknown-amdopencl' and 'amdil-pc-amdopencl'

warning : while resolving call to function 'barrier' argumets were dropped

this appears on server startup

Mining time: 0.22 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.85
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.95

Pass: 383
GPU #0   time: 195
GPU #1   time: 194

10-ch   found: 0         expected: 0.026
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.011

cpuuse 8
catalist 14.3
errors on serv strart

waiting for opinion of experts
kev7112001

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:39:59 AM

warning : linking two modules of different target triplies: 'amdil-pc-unknown-amdopencl' and 'amdil-pc-amdopencl'

warning : while resolving call to function 'barrier' argumets were dropped

this appears on server startup

Mining time: 0.22 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.85
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.95

Pass: 383
GPU #0   time: 195
GPU #1   time: 194

10-ch   found: 0         expected: 0.026
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.011

cpuuse 8
catalist 14.3
errors on serv strart

waiting for opinion of experts

its ok that happens with the 14.3 drivers but still mines fine and finds blocks

MCXNOW MODERATOR
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:49:03 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 08:04:53 AM by LongAndShort

3x7970

3.85 average CPD

we need a pool

Please!

Just posting my results. Cryptocurrency is all about transparency. If they paid more attention to bettering the program instead of focusing on dumping and counting how many XPMs they're getting per day by selling these licenses, maybe everyone would be getting better results.

See you state some good things then you just discount it heavily with the garbage you rattle off like them counting their money. Gawd who cares..
I never said this is getting more blocks then anywhere else (which it is btw) I SAID two blocks a day is paying better then any other coin you can mine with your 3 gpus' right now!

I suggest if you have cards on risers that you lower the over clock you have to a much lower level i also recommend you check your Primecoin.conf and make sure you don't have
Code:
gen=1
 i also recommend you stop guessing and actually do the math here
and to be honest i think you should prolly go and use the ypool miner because you clearly don't get it..just take the loss and forget it imo because if you cant add up the amount that two blocks yields then you're lost...an unrealistic expectation is to think that it will all stay just the way you want it forever! but thats impossible with to many variables and look tbh why does it matter that they made any money..you bought it and if you were one for the first lot then you got half your xpm back what you sound like is a child with a tantrum because you don't understand what your doing and you wont do a little reading to understand what this is all about

Fact is i know damn well they could have given insider trading information to someone or some people and started to pump xpm before their miner release..that would have been smart on their behalf..that or they waited until xpm rose nicely before they released their product and you know what..they can do whatever the hell they want as long as they don't fk with the market which they didn't.

Give them a break and give them some time to develop a better mining system to facilitate your dumbass who dosn't understand much and just goes around shooting jealous remarks at people who have developed a product you don't understand so you're angry.

I bet you $1000 you have never once written to your government complaining about how they are ruining you
gawd you people really irritate me you go off at the wrong people . I'm telling you..focus your bloddy anger at the real issues in this world and stop with the garbage misinformed assumptions
how about this.

People-- don't sell your products to this individual because he is a muppet who will never understand it nor deserve it. Lets make him work a little harder so he researches the product thoroughly first.

I hope they further develop it with more speed like they said they would but they never sold it on the premise that they would or could achieve this and i never bought it because i thought they would. Some people, myself included are still getting regular but less blocks then before and that tells me that people who arn't have a few variables to consider before going off half cocked at it being a total loss because at thsi point it is still marginally the best miner on the market! Variables like their times on their system are correct their cpu is powerful enough their system is optimized and not sluggish or has a bottleneck anywhere their clocks are optimized for the cards and not just set because the times on the miner are saying they're good...if your miner is saying its running super good then i think there is a problem lol
jumpsmasher

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 07:56:25 AM

I got been running this miner on several rigs for the last couple days:

Pentium G3220
2 x HD7950

Mining time: 25.89 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 1.79
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 1.82

Pass: 28717
GPU #0   time: 316
GPU #1   time: 313

10-ch   found: 4         expected: 1.933
blocks  found: 2         expected: 0.824

Pentium G3220
5 x R9 280X

Mining time: 8.94 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 5.18
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 5.27

Pass: 11658
GPU #0   time: 266
GPU #1   time: 243
GPU #2   time: 243
GPU #3   time: 244
GPU #4   time: 241

10-ch   found: 4         expected: 1.927
blocks  found: 4         expected: 0.821

Considering that that most of the rigs have be held back by the weak CPU, i been pretty happy with the results so far. The 5 card one above has just been really lucky but even on the less luckier rigs they are averaging about  2-3 blocks per rig.

Half my rigs are running this Prime GPU miner and half are using Claymore's yPool one. Honestly, I been happy with both after around 3 days, this one is outperforming yPool but a factor of 2:1.  Can't wait to see what it can do after the next round of optimization. 

But ya, solo mining can test your patience especially when you go thru long periods of without finding any blocks.

bctx

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:54:36 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 10:58:41 AM by bctx

See you state some good things then you just discount it heavily with the garbage you rattle off like them counting their money. Gawd who cares..
I never said this is getting more blocks then anywhere else (which it is btw) I SAID two blocks a day is paying better then any other coin you can mine with your 3 gpus' right now!

I suggest if you have cards on risers that you lower the over clock you have to a much lower level i also recommend you check your Primecoin.conf and make sure you don't have
Code:
gen=1
 i also recommend you stop guessing and actually do the math here
and to be honest i think you should prolly go and use the ypool miner because you clearly don't get it..just take the loss and forget it imo because if you cant add up the amount that two blocks yields then you're lost...an unrealistic expectation is to think that it will all stay just the way you want it forever! but thats impossible with to many variables and look tbh why does it matter that they made any money..you bought it and if you were one for the first lot then you got half your xpm back what you sound like is a child with a tantrum because you don't understand what your doing and you wont do a little reading to understand what this is all about

Fact is i know damn well they could have given insider trading information to someone or some people and started to pump xpm before their miner release..that would have been smart on their behalf..that or they waited until xpm rose nicely before they released their product and you know what..they can do whatever the hell they want as long as they don't fk with the market which they didn't.

Give them a break and give them some time to develop a better mining system to facilitate your dumbass who dosn't understand much and just goes around shooting jealous remarks at people who have developed a product you don't understand so you're angry.

I bet you $1000 you have never once written to your government complaining about how they are ruining you
gawd you people really irritate me you go off at the wrong people . I'm telling you..focus your bloddy anger at the real issues in this world and stop with the garbage misinformed assumptions
how about this.

People-- don't sell your products to this individual because he is a muppet who will never understand it nor deserve it. Lets make him work a little harder so he researches the product thoroughly first.

I hope they further develop it with more speed like they said they would but they never sold it on the premise that they would or could achieve this and i never bought it because i thought they would. Some people, myself included are still getting regular but less blocks then before and that tells me that people who arn't have a few variables to consider before going off half cocked at it being a total loss because at thsi point it is still marginally the best miner on the market! Variables like their times on their system are correct their cpu is powerful enough their system is optimized and not sluggish or has a bottleneck anywhere their clocks are optimized for the cards and not just set because the times on the miner are saying they're good...if your miner is saying its running super good then i think there is a problem lol

Yeah, great long and boring speech -- but like I said, I'm just posting the results. I'm content with the results, but not thrilled. As of this moment, the thread title is misleading. The primeGPU team has been good to me, but I'm not part of it; and because of this, should my posted results help them or derail their sales really isn't a concern of mine -- I'm just helping others make an informed decision.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 10:53:18 AM

This miner will make you more money in the long run, wait a week to do an average of daily income and you'll see.
I don't even mine 24hs with it, just mine on and off and I still find blocks with 2 r9 280x cards.

What I found is that temperature and stability are more important than flashy oc numbers or time/cpd values.
If the clocks are not 1000% stable you will probably get more orphans or only get 10ch for a while, so focus on that first.
primeGPU (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:23:21 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 01:01:37 PM by primeGPU

We are working hard on performance improvements right now.
As we declared all our customers will get all new versions until we open sources.

BTW PrimeGPU miner is responsible for max one third of the difficulty increase.

In any case the increase was predictable but our hope is that Primecoin gets some extra popularity as a GPU-friendly non-scrypt coin and therefore it would affect the price. Unfortunately these bitcoin-related issues affect the market significantly so XPM is far below our initial expectations. But we hope that this BTC falling is not unlimited and we have a chance to come back.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:40:37 AM

BTC will probably rebound at or around 350-375usd...I think primecoin will be just fine eventually, give it time.  Cool
Melanet

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:41:50 PM

Mining time: 4.95 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.84
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 2.72

Pass: 8757
GPU #0   time: 211
GPU #1   time: 202

10-ch   found: 1         expected: 0.586
blocks  found: 1         expected: 0.244

cpuuse=8
65-70%
drozenski

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:20:33 PM

I just got my new rig up and mining.

I have a brand new ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121803

Currently not over clocked everything is at stock.

My CPU is a I7 4770K

CPU Usage 8-12%

Mining time: 1.22 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 1.01
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 1.03

Pass: 1579
GPU #0   time: 279

10-ch   found: 0         expected: 0.052
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.022

A few things i noticed is my GPU clock MHZ is auto dropping to 970 rather than staying at 1070. Is this normal?

Im also running at 95C for the GPU. seems right for it but not sure. I haven't had a good GPU in a few years.

Are my numbers correct for what i have? Seems low compared to other peoples setups.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:35:08 PM

I just got my new rig up and mining.

I have a brand new ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121803

Currently not over clocked everything is at stock.

My CPU is a I7 4770K

CPU Usage 8-12%

Mining time: 1.22 hours
Est. Average Chains Per Day (CPD): 1.01
Est. Spot    Chains Per Day (CPD): 1.03

Pass: 1579
GPU #0   time: 279

10-ch   found: 0         expected: 0.052
blocks  found: 0         expected: 0.022

A few things i noticed is my GPU clock MHZ is auto dropping to 970 rather than staying at 1070. Is this normal?

Im also running at 95C for the GPU. seems right for it but not sure. I haven't had a good GPU in a few years.

Are my numbers correct for what i have? Seems low compared to other peoples setups.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Sounds like ur gpu is down clocking to base clocks due to temp 95oC is way to hot. My guess is ur fan is running to slow and the card is probably in a case (which isnt typically an issue with single card assuming u setup the  case right) Try keep the card below 70oC 60-70% fan should do that just fine. Setting cpuusage=9 should also improve ur CPD. Once u get ur temps under control u can try a moderate oc on the gpu to further improve ur CPD. As other users have stated tho stability over a tiny improvement of the stats.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: