Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:36:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:50:42 AM

Fact of the matter is that this solution will have less of a detrimental effect on the market than if the thief was allowed to keep the coins.  Good job on the Devs in how they handled this.

It's amazing how these trolls don't give a fuck about the 8 Million worth of peoples coins that went missing, they'd rather nothing be done and the coin get flushed down the toilet.  This is the nature of immoral humans though.  They love to see people suffer to make themselves feel better.

+1 truer words have never been said.

So wrong.. This are false words. What would have been good is if mintpal bit the bullet and paid out the losses. The thief should keep his money as he pointed out a vulnerable exploit on the exchange. He should be paid for that.  Rolling back these coins is the death of vericoin.

What happens when the lead devs says he was hacked for major coins and now wants a rollback?

You cant just keep rolling back every time someone gets robbed.

This coin is going to be the laughing matter of the day in the press today.

Get ready for some massive selloffs.

Exactly. Where is the line drawn? Something like 30% were stolen so the chain was rolled back. What if it was 25%, what if it was 10%? Who gets to decide where the cutoff point is? And what if it was 30% of all coins but stolen from a private wallet rather than an exchange? Would the chain still be rolled back then?

These are all questions I doubt we are going to get the answer from the VRC devs on. Important questions nonetheless.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:51:54 AM

You fudding idiots, letting the hackers keep the 8m coins wouldve been much worse. It would have created a massive sell off, either from the hackers or the investors anticipating a sell off from the hackers. You guys really have nothing better to do but just keep on repeating the same nonesense for hours? Hey bobby, doesnt it kind of suck for other coins that the hackers stole VRC instead of any other coin? Obviously VRC is an established giant for that to happen. And its not going anywhere.

They took vrc because mintpal had weak security measures in place for vrc. The attackers tried to get btc and ltc but we denied as that security is beefeeer then vrc.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:54:23 AM

yeah, promote exchange hacks and support hackers. You are crying about bank fuck ups, but you are attacking VRC. Stupid dick.

The "Stupid dick" is you.

If the blockchain is forked because of an exchange hack, this coin's dead. End of story.

It goes from being a viable, fungible currency to a developer toy.

I can't believe any responsible developer would ever do that but maybe they thought they didn't have a choice - that the exchange hack was going to "kill" the coin anyway and this was just damage limitation.

Whatever the case, if they go through with it, you can forget this coin having credibility as a currency ever again.
kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:54:55 AM

Fact of the matter is that this solution will have less of a detrimental effect on the market than if the thief was allowed to keep the coins.  Good job on the Devs in how they handled this.

It's amazing how these trolls don't give a fuck about the 8 Million worth of peoples coins that went missing, they'd rather nothing be done and the coin get flushed down the toilet.  This is the nature of immoral humans though.  They love to see people suffer to make themselves feel better.

+1 truer words have never been said.

So wrong.. This are false words. What would have been good is if mintpal bit the bullet and paid out the losses. The thief should keep his money as he pointed out a vulnerable exploit on the exchange. He should be paid for that.  Rolling back these coins is the death of vericoin.

What happens when the lead devs says he was hacked for major coins and now wants a rollback?

You cant just keep rolling back every time someone gets robbed.

This coin is going to be the laughing matter of the day in the press today.

Get ready for some massive selloffs.

Exactly. Where is the line drawn? Something like 30% were stolen so the chain was rolled back. What if it was 25%, what if it was 10%? Who gets to decide where the cutoff point is? And what if it was 30% of all coins but stolen from a private wallet rather than an exchange? Would the chain still be rolled back then?

These are all questions I doubt we are going to get the answer from the VRC devs on. Important questions nonetheless.

I doubt they'll answer.. or i bet the answer is it doesn't happen again. Mintpal dropped the ball, not them.. SO.. nothing got to do with them really.. they agreed to the fork, but it was the best decision.

"WHo get's to decide??
I think if you look at thow this played out.. MP realised they got hacked.. and immediately contacted the DEv's...

So.. my friend.. the decision was taken by< the Dev's.. and it was the right one!!

Mintpal fucked up? Yes!

Was it caught in time? Yes!

Did the rolback affect many people or leave them out of pocket? No!

Who was left out of pocket? the Theif!!

I don't see ANY problem here.. this is cryptocurreny.. it is programable money.. it does what it is supposed to do...

Problem - fixed!

Will you trust MP less? makes no difference to me, i will trust them the same as i always have.. i.e. 2FA and no big balances on my trading account.

If you are only finding out risks in this game now, then you're about a few years late."

The next 24 hours are critical!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:55:24 AM

yeah, promote exchange hacks and support hackers. You are crying about bank fuck ups, but you are attacking VRC. Stupid dick.

The "Stupid dick" is you.

If the blockchain is forked because of an exchange hack, this coin's dead. End of story.

It goes from being a viable, fungible currency to a developer toy.

I can't believe any responsible developer would ever do that but maybe they thought they didn't have a choice - that the exchange hack was going to "kill" the coin anyway and this was just damage limitation.

Whatever the case, if they go through with it, you can forget this coin having credibility as a currency ever again.

It's already been done! Wait till the press gets word!
Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:56:00 AM

it will be roll backed if it benefits the community and it's development behind it

How is crypto ever going to be taken seriously if this kind of arbitrary judgment is used for things like this. You think Amazon would accept VRC if there was a danger all their payments would be rolled back because "it benefits the community and it's development behind it"?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:56:39 AM

Mintpal has not provided proof (as far as I am aware) they were indeed hacked and not just claimed to have been hacked.

This sets a precedent now.

I can see a user getting 20% of the coin supply in the future...selling them for BTC or buying something for VRC and after they get what they want they can just cry foul and ask for the devs to roll back the VRC blockchain because they claimed they had coins stolen that were of "substantial" amount.

This is a joke what happened today.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:58:24 AM

it will be roll backed if it benefits the community and it's development behind it

How is crypto ever going to be taken seriously if this kind of arbitrary judgment is used for things like this. You think Amazon would accept VRC if there was a danger all their payments would be rolled back because "it benefits the community and it's development behind it"?

+100M VRC.

HAHAHA!

Self-serving bullshit. Funny joke though. VRC will never be accepted by mainstream businesses.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

aciddbboy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:58:32 AM

So i did this 6-7- hours ago when P. Nosker first twiteed that forked was succesfully done and we should clear all but wallet.data.

Windows:
We recommend deleting everything but wallet.dat in your username\appdata\roaming\VeriCoin folder and running the default installer settings.  This will load up the full block and you will be on the splash screen for 10-15 minutes while it loads at the blockchain data.

Before i went to sleep it was fully sync and seemd to be all Ok .  i wake up and i see my wallet syncgronizing at 98% . The wierd thing is that a couple of minutes after  it did synchronize to 100% , it goes out of sync and again it starts synchronizing at 98% .

Seems like must be something wrong .

Should i clear the files again ?  i read that if im windows all i need to do is clear the files but wallet.data and wait untill it synchronize and thats what i have done .

Should i do this instead?

1. Do the backup of the wallet.dat and vericoin.conf (if you have this file)
2. Delete all files in folder leaving only the two files mention above.
3. Download the bootstrap file from: http://vericoin.info/downloads/bootstrap.dat and put it together in the folder with the other 2 files.
4. Download the wallet from http://vericoin.info
5. Install the wallet
6. Run the wallet and wait for synchronization

-- If you don't have the vericoin.conf file you can make one using this:
irc=0
server=0
listen=1
checklevel=2
txindex=1
staking=1
connect=supernode.vericoin.info
connect=supernode2.vericoin.info
connect=supernode3.vericoin.info
connect=supernode4.vericoin.info
connect=supernode5.vericoin.info
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:58:39 AM

Ohhhh Snap!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=692757.msg7835414#msg7835414
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Once the issue gets resolved and the devs and community come back to the thread, its going to be a fucking circus with all the fudders. See you later VRC thread, prob will be locked.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:00:33 AM

You fudding idiots, letting the hackers keep the 8m coins wouldve been much worse. It would have created a massive sell off

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're prepared to compromise the core viability of a cryptocurrency just to keep the price up ?

There's about as much sense in that as deciding to take the wings off a plane to save weight.

You people are crazy. Forking the blockchain to reverse a hack is suicidal. It won't save the price - it will permanently taint the coin. If you think your getting a lot of fud over this now, wait till you see what happens when VRC gets branded as "monopoly money" that can be created and destroyed at the whim of the devs when they feel it.
lucates

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:00:57 AM

Reading many other alt coin threads, everybody is saying that vericoin only choice was to hard fork, they support the decision. Only here there are people who FUD.

Dont care for FUD people!

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
ph111

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:01:44 AM

Wont be holding VRC anymore Mintpal messed up they should pay but now Devs can do what they want and erase transactions how can they be trusted  Huh
cryptoholic11

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:03:20 AM

You fudding idiots, letting the hackers keep the 8m coins wouldve been much worse. It would have created a massive sell off

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're prepared to compromise the core viability of a cryptocurrency just to keep the price up ?

There's about as much sense in that as deciding to take the wings off a plane to save weight.

You people are crazy. Forking the blockchain to reverse a hack is suicidal. It won't save the price - it will permanently taint the coin. If you think your getting a lot of fud over this now, wait till you see what happens when VRC gets branded as "monopoly money" that can be created and destroyed at the whim of the devs when they feel it.

You might be a sr member, but Im going to trust the devs judgement over yours, especially these devs. And dont underestimate the power of an 8m coin dump, it will undoubtedly kill the coin.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:05:08 AM

You might be a sr member, but Im going to trust the devs judgement over yours, especially these devs. And dont underestimate the power of an 8m coin dump, it will undoubtedly kill the coin.

TBH, it was a loss/loss either way they went. But the way the chose will undoubtedly leave them as pariahs in the cryptocoin community. Good luck trying to bring a new coin to market under their names!
jtbcoins

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:05:24 AM

+100M VRC.

HAHAHA!

Self-serving bullshit. Funny joke though. VRC will never be accepted by mainstream businesses.

Noah Luis shut the fuck up
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:05:56 AM

Once the issue gets resolved and the devs and community come back to the thread, its going to be a fucking circus with all the fudders. See you later VRC thread, prob will be locked.

This ^ is what I see given what happened today with the rollback.

No rules just roll it back.

Future implications of roll backs need to be addressed. They devs said they will never do it again. I doubt that.

What if 30% gets stolen again?

What % is the cut off to be considered "roll-back" material? 10%? 20%?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:07:29 AM

At least it would still have *been a coin* as opposed to a highly centralised developer toy.

drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:07:58 AM

You fudding idiots, letting the hackers keep the 8m coins wouldve been much worse. It would have created a massive sell off, either from the hackers or the investors anticipating a sell off from the hackers. You guys really have nothing better to do but just keep on repeating the same nonesense for hours? Hey bobby, doesnt it kind of suck for other coins that the hackers stole VRC instead of any other coin? Obviously VRC is an established giant for that to happen. And its not going anywhere.

They took vrc because mintpal had weak security measures in place for vrc. The attackers tried to get btc and ltc but we denied as that security is beefeeer then vrc.

People only try to steal what is valuable.  that is why they went after Vericoin because they know it is a coin that will be worth more in the future.  They could have stolen cloak or some other trash coin but they went for VRC and BTC!

The thieves know a damn good coin when they see one!
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: