Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:00:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
loges

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:44:25 AM

Can someone confirm this for me, it is something I asked earlier today:
Are we going through a rollback
or are we going through a fork?

pnosker: Successfully forked off the stolen #VRC. Wallets compiling. Linux users: Git is good. Clear everything but wallet.dat

Saying the stolen VRC were forked off makes it sound like they have been removed, not returned to Mintpal.
This would make way more sense to me.
But I was told earlier this is not possible.

Well, good question and if answer negative then why is that as this would be the only good solution.
Stolen coins get destroyed, mintpal buys amount of VRC equal to stolen amount and gives this to all affected users!
let's all cut the crap here. That would be bad because people don't want paid back by mintpal. They want them on the exchange because everyone knew a pump was going on. Nobody wants to hold vrc forever, they want btc and ultimately dollars which is why there were so many coins on mintpal in the first place. Are you all delusional or just lying?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:45:10 AM

So far what I get from the FUD is a projection of their own fears at the loss of integrity of their own coins as a result of being shown up by their biggest competitor. Because in reality it seems to be them that experience the loos of integrity, while Vericoin has taken on new followers as a result.
Already watching a few return to the circle. Couple of my friends were very iffy about bitcoin, now they feel they are safe to get in.
Quite funny to watch.

Yea and best for them will be keeping coin on exchange in case of hack they don't need worry about security anymore...
Better not risk having coins on local PC Tongue - no rollbacks

That even hurt ALL crypto this is sad.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
btcsnippers

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:45:26 AM

The only fair solution imho is for mintpal to allow users to selloff all coins to them at 24high price from the moment before the rollback
Good solution if your scenario played out.

you think that would have happend ? Hell no mintpal would have said sorry guys we lost your coins deal with it , Next coin please!
john1975p

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:47:41 AM

The only fair solution imho is for mintpal to allow users to selloff all coins to them at 24high price from the moment before the rollback

Why mintpal do this, they are here to earn profit not to lose money like this.
scibi

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:48:05 AM

Just sell Yours coins, im w8ing for that.
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:49:30 AM

you think that would have happend ? Hell no mintpal would have said sorry guys we lost your coins deal with it , Next coin please!

"This will allow us to retrieve the stolen coins and facilitate all withdrawals. We are also working with various exchanges to accommodate any losses they may encounter as a result of the required fork. "

I guess that is your own personal translation.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
Flam

Activity: 368

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

I didn't receive my withdraw from mintpal on the updated wallet...

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:52:03 AM

Did they save my investment from harm?
YES
Did the coin show that is safe to put real money into it?
YES
For big investors should i put my money in BTC and let it get robbed or should i put in a coin where the community cares about and its safe VRC?
VRC

from a investors point of view this will say to the markets "HEY I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE NO MATTER WHAT"

BTC also get forked so why this talk? we must be tks otherwise lots of ppl will get is coins stolen.

Kudos to the DEV's and the Community

YES

Hmmm not really agree with you there, let's take my case, i had quite some k VRC on mintpal, it seems I will have not lost any VRC... BUT it's not only the amount of coins, it's more the value of my coins, a realistic scenario is massive vrc dumps comming in at all other exchanges trading vrc and my coins being worth jackshit at the moment I can access them again on mintpal.

Now, I donot say this is the fault of the VRC team, these guys did an amazing job and I can imagine the decision for rollback was not taken lightly... my first reaction was happiness but then I sat back and tought about it a bit longer and could do nothing but conclude this rollback is the worst solution possible.  It destroys the chain of trust, it removed all realworld value from the coin.
No, I'm certainly not trying to FUD cause I'll lose quite some money in this and I truly hoped VRC would be my intermediate ticket to moon... sadly a ticked destroyed by the amateurism that is mintpal.

I can only do 1 legit sugestion here and that is for everybody to pullback all coins from Mintpal, they destroyed again a good thing and they should get seriously punished for it!

But the big dupms of coins are always done by people,it's their choice to dump it and loose money,as an investor you have a choice,if you get into coin you suppose to support it,which might mean hold at times..the price doesn't drop on it's own..

These are done by people indeed, but sadly it is what is going to happen. I was planning this VRC as long term invest but the decision for rollback is not something i can support and many many more investors will share this opinion... not fair for VRC as they did a good job and all this shit is created by mintpals amateurism but it's just the way it is.

The decision for rollback was taken to fast.

Would't it have been 1000x better if (in chronological order):

1. Message gets send out fork might be incoming, all transactions should be put on hold
2. Fork gets created to eliminate stolen coins (not returning them to mintpal but really destroyed)
3. New wallets go live
4. Mintpal gets forced to buy the amount of stolen VRC on market to compensate victims (thus creating huge buy pressure)
5. All back to normal but : Thief has nothing, investers have all coins back at even higher value
TenaciousC

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:53:57 AM

Why mintpal do this, they are here to earn profit not to lose money like this.

Yup true, long term profit.... but if they did that people would have stayed with them, now most will just pull all their funds back from mintpal and leave them bleeding dry to dead
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:57:25 AM

It's sad that this happen, it would create fear within the crypto world. Come check us out at StealthCoin and wise you all the best.
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:58:13 AM

YES
YES
For big investors should i put my money in BTC and let it get robbed or should i put in a coin where the community cares about and its safe VRC?
VRC

from a investors point of view this will say to the markets "HEY I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE NO MATTER WHAT"

BTC also get forked so why this talk? we must be tks otherwise lots of ppl will get is coins stolen.

YES

Hmmm not really agree with you there, let's take my case, i had quite some k VRC on mintpal, it seems I will have not lost any VRC... BUT it's not only the amount of coins, it's more the value of my coins, a realistic scenario is massive vrc dumps comming in at all other exchanges trading vrc and my coins being worth jackshit at the moment I can access them again on mintpal.

Now, I donot say this is the fault of the VRC team, these guys did an amazing job and I can imagine the decision for rollback was not taken lightly... my first reaction was happiness but then I sat back and tought about it a bit longer and could do nothing but conclude this rollback is the worst solution possible.  It destroys the chain of trust, it removed all realworld value from the coin.
No, I'm certainly not trying to FUD cause I'll lose quite some money in this and I truly hoped VRC would be my intermediate ticket to moon... sadly a ticked destroyed by the amateurism that is mintpal.

I can only do 1 legit sugestion here and that is for everybody to pullback all coins from Mintpal, they destroyed again a good thing and they should get seriously punished for it!

But the big dupms of coins are always done by people,it's their choice to dump it and loose money,as an investor you have a choice,if you get into coin you suppose to support it,which might mean hold at times..the price doesn't drop on it's own..

These are done by people indeed, but sadly it is what is going to happen. I was planning this VRC as long term invest but the decision for rollback is not something i can support and many many more investors will share this opinion... not fair for VRC as they did a good job and all this shit is created by mintpals amateurism but it's just the way it is.

1. Message gets send out fork might be incoming, all transactions should be put on hold
2. Fork gets created to eliminate stolen coins (not returning them to mintpal but really destroyed)
3. New wallets go live
4. Mintpal gets forced to buy the amount of stolen VRC on market to compensate victims (thus creating huge buy pressure)
5. All back to normal but : Thief has nothing, investers have all coins back at even higher value

A very amazing and fair solution you presented sir !
TenaciousC

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:59:13 AM

It's sad that this happen, it would create fear within the crypto world. Come check us out at StealthCoin and wise you all the best.

Man, you got some bad taste, this is like making a commercial for a pub to celebrate... at a funeral
Casu

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:59:29 AM

The funny thing is is that if the roll-back hadn't happened, Mintpal would have no choice but to reimburse everyone with BTC at the market value of VRC when the theft happened. Instead everyone is getting their coins back which now have a chunk of value missing which may never return and Mintpal lose practically nothing. VRC holders are being taken for mugs and are just letting it happen.
Flam

Activity: 368

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:00:33 PM

Did anyone make sucessful withdraw from mintpal yet ? Mine are marked as succesful but not showing into my wallet. I filled a support ticket obv but also have to say it here.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:03:19 PM

Man, you got some bad taste, this is like making a commercial for a pub to celebrate... at a funeral

My apology if I offended you
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:03:34 PM

100 pages in the last 24 hours or so.

This coin been around for 2 months, and the forum activity is up 25% in past 24 hours alone.

Got a strange feeling ALL eyes on are vericoin right now. Price has been relatively stable post fork. Looks like the people actually holding coins are pretty confident with the coin.

100 new pages, most of them FUD are for a reason people.

It looks like VeriCoin is going mainstream sooner than we expected.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Anatavoc

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:04:57 PM

YES
YES
VRC

YES

3. New wallets go live

..the question in that scenario is,what if Mintpal can't afford to compensate victims,thus there would be no buy pressure,but there would be lot of angry people who lost their coins,investments in VRC in that order..
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:05:10 PM

Did anyone make sucessful withdraw from mintpal yet ? Mine are marked as succesful but not showing into my wallet. I filled a support ticket obv but also have to say it here.

Pls do not make any transactions right now. A lot of people still are on wrong fork, and I suspect the criminals are trying to attack the chain as much as possible while others are still slow to switch.

Just hold tight people. Keep a eye on official news from the devs. Stear clear of the FUD. VeriCoin will grow stronger and larger because of this issue.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
TenaciousC

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:05:38 PM

The funny thing is is that if the roll-back hadn't happened, Mintpal would have no choice but to reimburse everyone with BTC at the market value of VRC when the theft happened. Instead everyone is getting their coins back which now have a chunk of value missing which may never return and Mintpal lose practically nothing. VRC holders are being taken for mugs and are just letting it happen.

Correct, another of many solutions that would have been more fair then the rollback...

I feel bad for the VRC devs cause they did such a great job and now they"ll see all the fruit of their labour getting destroyed by a selfish, amateuristic, egocentric company as mintpal
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:06:43 PM

YES
YES
VRC

YES

3. New wallets go live

..the question in that scenario is,what if Mintpal can't afford to compensate victims,thus there would be no buy pressure,but there would be lot of angry people who lost their coins,investments in VRC in that order..

Every coin would have been comprimised if Mintpal had a run. People would have lost money, end of story. In this scenario, the theif gets nothing, and the vericoin team takes a step back to fix the problem and as we all learn from it, We will grow as a vericoin comunity. This will not shake the investors off the coin, and may even bring in more investors sick of terrible devs, and PnD scams.

Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: