Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 [639] 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355399 times)
ELMER_FUD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:21:32 AM

In case you have not noticed. Capital is flowing out of LTC as I type - lots of it.  If you as a VeriCoin community member know of anyone holding LTC, please encourage them to invest in VeriCoin. "Convert your LTC to VRC and earn 2.5% interest."  LTC is at 0.01 and falling, so the conversion to VRC would amount to a sizable wallet.

hey whos buying all the LTC then?

Market capital for LTC dropped $10M in the last hour. And close to $40M in just a few days.

Now now let us not get skewed with the facts.

VRC lost over 66% in 3 weeks time

LTC lost maybe 25% in the same amount of time.

Let's use a fair scale when comparing and contrasting...thanks! Grin Grin Grin

I've been reading this thread for the last 2 weeks and can't sit on the sidelines any longer as it's blatantly obvious that you don't really care about the facts and would rather twist them to serve your own VeriCoin bashing agenda here.

If you really want to look at the facts, the VeriCoin price as of May 20th (before the recent pump and dump) has lost less than 5% of it's value while Litecoin has lost around 40%.  We're entering the last stretch of summer and seasonally speaking, it's the worst time of the year for the cryptocurrency markets.  For anyone that was in the market at this time last year, they were bitching that their Bitcoin holdings were down over 60% after having hit a high of over $250.  A lot of us have already been through it so there no need to be so dramatic about it.  By their very nature the crypto markets are extremely volatile so it is what it is.  If you can't handle it then I suggest you get lost because this game isn't for you.  Perhaps you'd be better investing in Blue-Chip stocks, Bonds or CD's or something of that nature.

So I think it is better if we compare the today price with May 1st, in this case there is no loss at all ... but 600% gain.

The reality is that VeriCoin order book is 4.3 BTC at this moment in time at BitTrex, there is no interest in this coin at all, the price is dropping while other coins (that progress in developing new features) are doing well.

I think it has more to do with a lack of marketing than anything else.  Despite its having been in the top three cryptos (in volume) at one point during the last few months (which is how I initially found it), not too many people seem to know about it and even fewer seem to have done any real due diligence on it since much of the altcoin money seems to be going towards chasing pump and dumps rather than buying and holding altcoins with strong fundamentals.

VRC Tip Jar: VERiTAS2MPYM94kTwtni3GvnwdmWXqJsQf
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:29:44 AM

In case you have not noticed. Capital is flowing out of LTC as I type - lots of it.  If you as a VeriCoin community member know of anyone holding LTC, please encourage them to invest in VeriCoin. "Convert your LTC to VRC and earn 2.5% interest."  LTC is at 0.01 and falling, so the conversion to VRC would amount to a sizable wallet.

Market capital for LTC dropped $10M in the last hour. And close to $40M in just a few days.

I've been reading this thread for the last 2 weeks and can't sit on the sidelines any longer as it's blatantly obvious that you don't really care about the facts and would rather twist them to serve your own VeriCoin bashing agenda here.

If you really want to look at the facts, the VeriCoin price as of May 20th (before the recent pump and dump) has lost less than 5% of it's value while Litecoin has lost around 40%.  We're entering the last stretch of summer and seasonally speaking, it's the worst time of the year for the cryptocurrency markets.  For anyone that was in the market at this time last year, they were bitching that their Bitcoin holdings were down over 60% after having hit a high of over $250.  A lot of us have already been through it so there no need to be so dramatic about it.  By their very nature the crypto markets are extremely volatile so it is what it is.  If you can't handle it then I suggest you get lost because this game isn't for you.  Perhaps you'd be better investing in Blue-Chip stocks, Bonds or CD's or something of that nature.

So I think it is better if we compare the today price with May 1st, in this case there is no loss at all ... but 600% gain.

The reality is that VeriCoin order book is 4.3 BTC at this moment in time at BitTrex, there is no interest in this coin at all, the price is dropping while other coins (that progress in developing new features) are doing well.

I think it has more to do with a lack of marketing than anything else.  Despite its having been in the top three cryptos (in volume) at one point during the last few months (which is how I initially found it), not too many people seem to know about it and even fewer seem to have done any real due diligence on it since much of the altcoin money seems to be going towards chasing pump and dumps rather than buying and holding altcoins with strong fundamentals.

I would disagree with that. First I thought as well that the key is the marketing, that's why I was disappointed that the scammer wizrig didn't come through. But other coins even do less marketing, they don't have hangouts, the devs didn't go to conference, there are not such active community like the vericoin ... so it seems not the marketing is the key. I think the issues are
a) the wrong features have been delivered
b) no real development lately, they are working some meaningless features like iOS wallet
c) no progress in blockchain 2 development and the market clearly rewards coins that develop blockchain 2 tech
tazmania

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:34:00 AM

Black Halo isn't helping BC. I don't think anything will help VRC.

People dumping crapcoins all around. BC, DOGE, LTC and VRC keeps falling.

altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:42:34 AM

Black Halo isn't helping BC. I don't think anything will help VRC.

People dumping crapcoins all around. BC, DOGE, LTC and VRC keeps falling.

Yes, you could be right, I realize that even a blockchian 2 feature could be irrelevant. I thought perhaps a smartly presented blockchain 2 feature could help, that's why I am banging on about the white paper to see what the devs are capable to come up before I dump my +300K coins, which I am very close to start to dump, because this thing looks really hopeless.
Arsène Lupin

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 12:51:45 AM

vrc be just fine, just keep buying... you won't regret it...

Wink

it is clear that there has been well organized influence on the market since the start of vrc's rise on june 1st and that hasn't changed...

everythings working towards a bigger picture and an end game of making vrc a top coin.

if u are newer to crypto and were not around for the shenanigans of the btc or ltc boom dont fret... we've seen all this before...

altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:56:05 AM

Wink

it is clear that there has been well organized influence on the market since the start of vrc's rise on june 1st and that hasn't changed...

everythings working towards a bigger picture and an end game of making vrc a top coin.

if u are newer to crypto and were not around for the shenanigans of the btc or ltc boom dont fret... we've seen all this before...

WTF this coin does with the boom of BTC and LTC 10 months ago?
LoL Guys, this nonsense is getting ridiculous :-) We read many hardcore cheerleading and ridiculous hype in this thread already, it doesn't work anymore.
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:56:24 AM

I would disagree with that. First I thought as well that the key is the marketing, that's why I was disappointed that the scammer wizrig didn't come through. But other coins even do less marketing, they don't have hangouts, the devs didn't go to conference, there are not such active community like the vericoin ... so it seems not the marketing is the key. I think the issues are
b) no real development lately, they are working some meaningless features like iOS wallet
c) no progress in blockchain 2 development and the market clearly rewards coins that develop blockchain 2 tech

Aside from what wizrig failed to deliver, I don't think that any of the things you said really equate to marketing.  Yes, they're building a strong community and the DEVs are visible and eager to answer people's questions but the little bit of marketing that's been done seems to have come more from the grassroots level and not from any sort of advertising campaign or anything like that.  That's fine with me, though (as I'm not really looking at my VRC investment as a get-rich-quick scheme but rather one that will consistently grow over the course of time.)  I also have to say, though, that I don't think that they're going about it in the wrong way because it's quite apparent that a strong community is what seems to attract people the most, as opposed to marketing ploys or things like that.  It will probably take some time but from all that I've gathered thus far, the devs are serious about making VeriCoin one of the top coins so I'm more than willing to wait and see (and I'm actually impressed by all that they've accomplished thus far, given the very short period of time that VeriCoin has been around.)  You also have to realize that from what they've hinted at, that they seem to have other things going on behind the scenes which they aren't willing to publicly talk about for the sake of keeping their ideas from being stolen by other altcoin development teams, which I think is a smart move in and of itself.

Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:05:18 AM

The dust will clear, eventually most of these coins just die since they are not legit. I can count on my hand how many serious coins I see. VRC is one of them.

I agree, we need more marketing and people who made empty promises that's in the past. The devs are smart and active, we can reach out to them and figure out some promotional ideas.

VRC needs some help right now, if we you have ideas, let's share and let's hear them.

Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 01:19:17 AM

Chapter 2

Nobody liked my comic today?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:22:28 AM

Aside from what wizrig failed to deliver, I don't think that any of the things you said really equate to marketing.  Yes, they're building a strong community and the DEVs are visible and eager to answer people's questions but the little bit of marketing that's been done seems to have come more from the grassroots level and not from any sort of advertising campaign or anything like that.  That's fine with me, though (as I'm not really looking at my VRC investment as a get-rich-quick scheme but rather one that will consistently grow over the course of time.)  I also have to say, though, that I don't think that they're going about it in the wrong way because it's quite apparent that a strong community is what seems to attract people the most, as opposed to marketing ploys or things like that.  It will probably take some time but from all that I've gathered thus far, the devs are serious about making VeriCoin one of the top coins so I'm more than willing to wait and see (and I'm actually impressed by all that they've accomplished thus far, given the very short period of time that VeriCoin has been around.)  You also have to realize that from what they've hinted at, that they seem to have other things going on behind the scenes which they aren't willing to publicly talk about for the sake of keeping their ideas from being stolen by other altcoin development teams, which I think is a smart move in and of itself.

The vericoin devs are really nice, honest guys, but I am not sure if they are good enough to deliver new features never mind take this coin to the top. I really thought they are that's why I bought in, but they couldn't even deliver a decent wallet, the code base is an LTC copy/paste nothing original in it, and which is in my opinion matters (or at least give a chance to turn this thing around) they are nowhere in developing a blockchain 2 feature into the application. I would really like if the honest devs could achieve that top coin plan and could get on with the work, but I am not sure if that will happen. We will see, but it is less and less likely that they can compete with guys like Peter Todd never mind the Ethereum team.
tazmania

Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:23:49 AM

Yes, you could be right, I realize that even a blockchian 2 feature could be irrelevant. I thought perhaps a smartly presented blockchain 2 feature could help, that's why I am banging on about the white paper to see what the devs are capable to come up before I dump my +300K coins, which I am very close to start to dump, because this thing looks really hopeless.

Dang 300k!! You may be able to get 2-4btcs for that. Unless you wait then maybe 1-2btc.

Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:27:18 AM

Sad people have to put up ridiculous pictures and such to get attention they are obviously not getting in every day life.  Also sad people can spend so much time here fighting over who is right and who isn't.  Guess everyone has different priorities, some more important than others.  Glad to be part of the other side of this community though and support it fully as I'm in for the long haul and have been almost since the beginning. Not a cheerleader, just a man that has my own priorities and see this coin succeeding long term regardless of all the crap that gets said here.  
webay

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:45:15 AM

Looks like we're done here.

I should've seen this coming with the immaturity shown by the devs and the teacher's pet Socal.

Hope you guys enjoy the fact that I'm a BROKE student(you devs certainly can't relate) and I've lost $1500. Hey, how much is a plane ticket to Jersey? I'll bring my golf clubs too and Pat can decide which one I use to break his knee-caps with.
altcoinUK

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:46:14 AM

Dang 300k!! You may be able to get 2-4btcs for that. Unless you wait then maybe 1-2btc.

Yeah that really sucks LoL LoL fortunately my business isn't digital currency trading, and most of my money what I put into crypto is in BTC anyway not in these altcoin nonsenses, but still it is very disappointing to get in this situation with VeriCoin. I was really passionate about the coin and liked what I heard first, that's why I try to figure out what to do, get some info from the devs where they are, try to understand what they develop, but I have to realize that it doesn't worth my time and better to take the loss and dump the thing instead of wondering about Vericoin's direction.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:53:03 AM

I hope some of you got out when I pointed out the eery similarities between this coin and blackcoin over a month ago! Isn't it great when wizfarm and IE get involved with something?
Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:55:47 AM

Wow, now we have to resort to threats on a public forum over something that can't be controlled?  Nice.  Nobody forced anyone here to put in their hard earned income, especially a broke student into this or any other coin.  Nobody has forced anyone here to stay, the ones that do actually feel there's a lot of potential here.  But hey, again everyone has their own priorities.  
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:56:14 AM

Wink

WTF this coin does with the boom of BTC and LTC 10 months ago?
LoL Guys, this nonsense is getting ridiculous :-) We read many hardcore cheerleading and ridiculous hype in this thread already, it doesn't work anymore.

I'm pretty sure he meant that if you've been in the crypto market since that time that you'd know firsthand that the prices can and will fluctuate pretty wildly and that VeriCoin in particular seems to have come under attack from outside forces ever since it first began to rise.  He's right, though, as is evident by the stolen MintPal coins, the MintPal DoS attack, the attacks on the VRC nodes, the overly aggressive, downward moving sell walls which seem to occur most often during times of extremely low volume (when the markets are the least liquid and hence, more easily manipulated), the increasing levels of FUD, etc.  As I told someone yesterday, it almost seems as if someone is painting the tape in a downward direction while spreading FUD in order to scare prospective investors away, but of course that is only speculation on my part and at this point has not been proven.  It probably sounds too tinfoil-hattish to some but I've seen it before, though, when I actively traded tech-stocks during the dot-com bubble of the late 1990's and today's usual suspects seem to look and act almost exactly the same as the ones back then.  It got so bad at one point that some of the more aggressive bashers of that time (like Janice Shell) eventually got sued (see: http://www.secinfo.com/dPx8x.64.htm ).

sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:59:44 AM

I hope some of you got out when I pointed out the eery similarities between this coin and blackcoin over a month ago! Isn't it great when wizfarm and IE get involved with something?

Except for a couple of tweets, IE never got involved.

Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 02:03:27 AM

Looks like we're done here.

I should've seen this coming with the immaturity shown by the devs and the teacher's pet Socal.

Hope you guys enjoy the fact that I'm a BROKE student(you devs certainly can't relate) and I've lost $1500. Hey, how much is a plane ticket to Jersey? I'll bring my golf clubs too and Pat can decide which one I use to break his knee-caps with.

Wow that's a bit harsh dude.

Sorry you lost money with this, but IT IS CRYPTO!! Most people lose money, especially now. Have you seen the trends?? Just look at Mintpal, its a sea of red..

I'm just having a bit of fun here adding some humour to a shitty situation, I don't mean anyone any real harm.

Making threats of violence is not on..

Making funny pictures on the other hand, golden =P

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
ELMER_FUD

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:06:54 AM

Instead of constantly whining about it, I think it would be better if those of you with weak hands would just get it over with and dump so that those of us who are in it for the longer term, who still like the overall fundamentals of VRC can scoop up some cheaper coins.  

Pages: « 1 ... 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 [639] 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: