Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:41:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:17:30 PM

writing dissertations .... Nuff Said
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:32:17 PM

Isn't it telling that the people "complaining" about "written dissertations" is, precisely, people incapable of writing anything, let alone anything of ANY substance, ever?

There's a very clear and simple (and brief) explanation for that: Those guys can't write and don't like to read either. Sometimes not even the "dissertations" of Nosker -but they perceive those as pumping VRC so they don't mind and applaud them, whether after reading them or not. This is what they think: "Those fuckers should just be pumping VRC so I can sell the coins in which I am down 50% for some profit, or at no loss, to some idiot that would buy my coins".

They don't want to read, let alone understand anything. They just want to con someone into buying their coins for equal or more than they paid for.

So they complain. Because, you know, they can.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:38:43 PM

if you leave out the MP hack followed by the rollback, VRC is still one of the best coins out there.

I mean our community is really big and on top active. There many people constantly submitting new ideas. Beside DRK I don't know any coin community which is so active. Even Litecoin is quiet compared to VRC.

We will see. The potential is still big, but it will take a lot of patience to get big.

I'm down 75% - not wise enough to put stop loss.. but IMHO, this lower price makes it easier to convince new investors to buy in..and I have not lost faith price will rebound.. been in bitcoin for 2 years and have tried to convince friends and families and acquaintances but they still find it hard to use, and they still don't have the patience to learn it. I agree with the devs' goal to have this mass adopted and used first..and it is important not to lose sight of that.

Instead of bitching here which some do, i respectfully would suggest that you sell your vericoins and trade other cartel pump and dump coins.. you might achieve more happiness

EDIT: i put in 32 btc all in all and its down to 75% now

So you have now what's worth 8 BTC or you have what's worth 24 BTC?

Either way yoshi, common sense, a very, very elemental one, would dictate that you are not equipped to give advice to anyone... on anything?

I bet those friends and family would pay much more attention to what you say and make much bigger efforts is instead of losing 75% of what you put in, you would have doubled your initial investment a couple times. Makes sense, doesn't it?

you are correct on the 2nd part, i did not plan for the coin to be hacked and allowed myself to love a coin which i should not do. what you are not aware of is that i bought $5000 bitcoin when it was $50-$70, sold half at the peak. i guess that earns me a bit of credibility. vericoin, like bitcoin has gone thru a lot of ups and down on the way to where it is now

Then you are doing great and shouldn't even be concerned with anything that happens here. By my rough estimation you have $30,000 -of which $25,000 is pure profit- locked away and the rest invested in VRC, still 8 BTC left. And all is gravy. That's not most people situation. I don't know but if I were you, considering the recent drop in BTC, I would have reinvested quite a bit of those $25k pure profit, either to trade them for a huge very quick profit in BTC or to buy a shitload of VRC if, as you apparently do, still believe in it. It seems to me you could have made a hell of an average down and actually propell the price upside quite a bit all on your own while doing so...
H4Y35

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:48:55 PM

Isn't it telling that the people "complaining" about "written dissertations" is, precisely, people incapable of writing anything, let alone anything of ANY substance, ever?

There's a very clear and simple (and brief) explanation for that: Those guys can't write and don't like to read either. Sometimes not even the "dissertations" of Nosker -but they perceive those as pumping VRC so they don't mind and applaud them, whether after reading them or not. This is what they think: "Those fuckers should just be pumping VRC so I can sell the coins in which I am down 50% for some profit, or at no loss, to some idiot that would buy my coins".

They don't want to read, let alone understand anything. They just want to con someone into buying their coins for equal or more than they paid for.

I don't write paragraphs of total drivel because it's unnecessary, not because I can't. The last thing I want is VRC to be 'pumped', it's not good for any coin, what we need is real investors, not some pump and dump bullshit. Maybe WVD will help? Hmm, maybe not.
I bought most of my coins at the lowest prices, so the price isn't a problem for me. Don't be angry because your time isn't valuable so you spend many hours on here daily writing crap that nobody cares about, as said before, take a rest and chill the fuck out.

Also, who's complaining? You seem to be complaining more than anyone.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:04:08 PM

I don't write paragraphs of total drivel because it's unnecessary, not because I can't. The last thing I want is VRC to be 'pumped', it's not good for any coin, what we need is real investors, not some pump and dump bullshit. Maybe WVD will help? Hmm, maybe not.
I bought most of my coins at the lowest prices, so the price isn't a problem for me. Don't be angry because your time isn't valuable so you spend many hours on here daily writing crap that nobody cares about, as said before, take a rest and chill the fuck out.

You just dropped quite a turd of raw drivel with no substance whatsoever, as if to prove my point.

But since you mention the pump as something bad and not needed, I am going to fully disagree on that and state that pumping brings momentum, momentum brings volume and volume brings investors. But obviously we are not going to agree on this or on anything else, for that matter. Not even on the sea level.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:11:28 PM

Oh look...VRC still down and market depth razor thin...

Glad I invested in to VRC 4-5 weeks back.  Wink

Oh wait.... Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cammo12

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:13:56 PM

You just dropped quite a turd of raw drivel with no substance whatsoever, as if to prove my point.

But since you mention the pump as something bad and not needed, I am going to fully disagree on that and state that pumping brings momentum, momentum brings volume and volume brings investors. But obviously we are not going to agree on this or on anything else, for that matter. Not even on the sea level.

"Not even on the sea level"  Shocked Shocked Shocked
H4Y35

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:15:34 PM

Unlike you though, I can contain my 'drivel' with a few sentences. I agree it brings momentum, but the last thing any coin needs is to be pumped just for the sake of being pumped (which is what you were implying), I'd prefer real, long term value. I'll agree on any facts, there's a big difference between facts and your opinions.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:26:16 PM

I could never imagine that once the lead vericoin developer, one of the PhD students will say that the three vericoin devs are incapable to compete with viacoin's Peter Todd and btcdark. I mean, your CV and team profile indicate more than this. Even I thought you would be able to compete with Ethereum's Buterin and Gavin Wood. Your statement about Ethereum's millions is not quite correct - your brigade will believe what you say as everything you do and don't do trigger a standing ovation from the cheerleaders, but as I happened to work in the industry I understand the core piece of Ethereum has been developing for long, many code were written before the IPO by one developer Gavin Wood (three of you would have to compete with him). Right now they have millions, but it was a massive code base, the core software "proof of concept 5" were delivered by a very few guys, technically 2-3 persons (even the team has 40 people) before the big money arrived.

It's quite clear, many investors assumed the vericoin devs will be able to write a successful altcoin software, that means compete with other software developers in altcoin. Yes only three of you, without adding any new developers to the team. It was the first time in crypto that PhD and MS developer credentials were associated with a coin, and I am sure every one here assumed, with that credential you are well equipped to compete with Peter Todd, Buterin and other altcoin developers. Again, it's related with promises or implying a promising operation. You let us know about your CV and software development background and when you claim experience in your CV you imply that you are capable to do the work. It seems from your answer that you are not (because it seems three of you are not enough, no time, no skills or whatever reasons). It seems we have to accept that vericoin will never compete with viacoin, cloak, ethereum, etc.

To be frank, they aren't the same kind of coin by any stretch of the imagination. VIA/Ether/etc. started after the BTC developers requested 2.0 activities not be used on the chain as it was bloating it. VeriCoin is becoming a currency that is easy to use for everyone with utility. We are working on different types of things than VIA/ETHER/etc.

We put our info out there so people would know that we are real people with an academic training. Not because we were trying to say "we're better than them" or the like. We're going to keep focusing on what we think is important: Utility, ease-of-use, and mass adoption. That's what we have built and that's what we are continuing to work on. Our blockchain 2.0 scheme for implementing a username system in the blockchain (outside of a name server) is something David is focused on in addition to stealth addresses (it's all integrated), Doug is working on the new announcement tech as well as a new wallet UI. And as Doug mentioned in VRC Radio, I'm helping to coordinate as well as get the marketing/community members that have joined the VeriLeaders project together and focused on how to more properly address the community/world than we have been doing. It's all a complicated game we're playing. It's not as easy as any of us thought it would be. There are plenty of hiccups. We're learning a lot from this and it's going to make VeriCoin a better coin and it's going to make us better developers and better community members.
sounds good Wink keep it up !
just ignoring the usual few fudders don't let them get to your head...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:28:47 PM

Unlike you though, I can contain my 'drivel' with a few sentences. I agree it brings momentum, but the last thing any coin needs is to be pumped just for the sake of being pumped (which is what you were implying), I'd prefer real, long term value. I'll agree on any facts, there's a big difference between facts and your opinions.

Except that you don't relate to anything remotely factual. You are a choir boy who convinces himself there's actual value in VeriCoin while there's absolutely none -as in all cryptocurrencies, of course-. The only value that passes for real is whatever the community may be willing to give it at any given moment. That is FACT, for you, although of course, you will dispute it. Oh and yes I have quite a few opinions, based on knowledge, experience and wherewithal. You, on the other hand, have to invent "facts" to justify inclinations. Grow up.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:37:26 PM

@altcoinuk

do you really think blockchain 2.0 stuff will not just lead to a pump and dump?
viacoin went from 70 k to 30 k sat, cloakcoin from 200k to 30 k sat and it took only mere 1-2 weeks for that drop
ethereum is right now a big bag of promises, they even stated in their ToS that it is possible that they deliver nothing....

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:44:35 PM

Except that you don't relate to anything remotely factual. You are a choir boy who convinces himself there's actual value in VeriCoin while there's absolutely none -as in all cryptocurrencies, of course-. The only value that passes for real is whatever the community may be willing to give it at any given moment. That is FACT, for you, although of course, you will dispute it. Oh and yes I have quite a few opinions, based on knowledge, experience and wherewithal. You, on the other hand, have to invent "facts" to justify inclinations. Grow up.

Well there is actual value in VRC, 0.00009511 BTC or just under 5 cents. It's gets this value because there is enough demand to cause this price. Just like people value Bitcoin at $515. I don't think you understand how markets work, it's called supply and demand.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
ofp

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:46:57 PM

I see many people, including the DEVs, talking about mass adoption and mainstream. But here goes a challenge to all of you:

Does anyone here have even the slightest idea of what it takes and how to get there?

I see people talking about new features and easiness to use. Some claim that marketing and promotion will do the job, bringing "normal" people as new investors. Others want to see new merchants accepting VRC as a way to bring it to mainstream.

So, why doesn't the community focus on developing the vision of what is required to take VRC to the masses and represent this vision in a single roadmap? Don't we have what it takes?
H4Y35

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:48:41 PM

Please enlighten me with all the facts you've come out with in all these paragraphs of text you've taken so long to write? And, please tell me where I have 'invented' facts to justify inclinations? lol

Any real value is always dependent on the 'community' or 'the people', just like gold, fiat money etc, so saying that value comes from us is stupidly obvious. If everyone suddenly agreed that gold no longer had value, it's kind of obvious what would happen.
kasman5

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:05:51 PM

I see many people, including the DEVs, talking about mass adoption and mainstream. But here goes a challenge to all of you:

Does anyone here have even the slightest idea of what it takes and how to get there?

I see people talking about new features and easiness to use. Some claim that marketing and promotion will do the job, bringing "normal" people as new investors. Others want to see new merchants accepting VRC as a way to bring it to mainstream.

So, why doesn't the community focus on developing the vision of what is required to take VRC to the masses and represent this vision in a single roadmap? Don't we have what it takes?

Well said that. Maybe we should draft together a mission statement followed by a plan on how to achieve that. I think the Vericoin leaders has some part in achieving this.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:27:24 PM

Long term goals yes that is the plan to elevate this coin above others. For that to happen some fundamentals things must be achieved.

- Solid marketing plan to push the brand beyond what it currently is. part of it could start with a video showing the benefits of this coin done in a professional manner.

- Public awareness (hence my initial positive response to the global day) * still a great idea but that needs some serious planning execution.

- Setting realistic goals / milestones with expected time frame. Ie In Q3 we will deliver xxx and we will start to promote it by this date.

- Realistic roadmaps. Deadlines must be met. Set and manage expectations.

- More public interaction (yes I know the devs are busy, but setting time for public hang outs is a great tool to keep the information flowing) Twitter updates, social media all help too.

- Blog with updated content / news * already in progress, however it needs even more push.

- Community must get involved more. Fine example is the MN fair which the community positively rallied behind should bring some awareness.

- Follow design guidelines: I recently created a brand book which should help a ton. Ie if anyone wants to create a promotion, these are the guidelines to follow, ( brand, colors, typography, do's and don'ts) and you should have a more unified, professional look to anything we publish. Image is everything, we can't publish something that looks cheap and off brand.

- Perception: View above on image. We also need to work as a community. We need to respect each other. Sure there are people who come here and create fud etc, we can do our best to stay civil. However if you are a leader, respected member.. one should act accordingly in a professional manner. We should be open to criticism as long as it is positive and the person offers solution and ideas.

- Technological advancements - the ultimate one. We need to share ideas, the stuff in progress (Wallet ui, Blockchain 2.0
and other goodies cooking all will give us an edge. tie that to when we can expect them and they must be delivered.

The devs have stated this before too, they created the coin and we must do our part too.

If you guys want to share ideas and thoughts on what to improve, let's hear them.

libertynow

Activity: 145

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:31:34 PM

Will someone save me the effort of reading the last 5 pages of copy and pastes and let me know if the "weekend" announcement has been made?

Liquid Tech, Asset #17750387231635486778, http://www.liquidtech.info
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:34:22 PM

Will someone save me the effort of reading the last 5 pages of copy and pastes and let me know if the "weekend" announcement has been made?

Still no announcement, they have apparently been getting it in writing for days now.
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:34:40 PM

Well this doesn't happen over night... I myself am putting as much effort forward on this front as possible. In less than 10 days I will be hosting a Vericoin booth at the Minnesota State Fair. Saturday 8/30/14 from 11am-4pm to be exact. On any given day our state's fair can see anywhere from 150,000-250,000 people. We are going to see A TON of people in a very short amount of time. We have been working quite hard behind the scenes to make business cards, poster boards, signs & banners. We'll be handing out Vericoin, Vericoin poker chips (which by the way ScottAllyn - if you're reading this I got them today! So thanks!) and helping people download the wallet on their phones. We are also in the works of putting together some PR around this event and the team that got us here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this single event is going to turn Vericoin into a every day technology - but its a step in the right direction. People have to wait 5+ years to get a booth at this fair and they aren't cheap ($25K+ isn't an exaggeration). Aside from this 1 event - I have already gotten 6 other people in my personal network to invest in VRC. And 1 person that I got, got 2 others. So thanks to me alone - there are now 8 more people who own VRC just from simply talking about it.

I'm a firm believer in focusing on the mass adoption direction. This has been a goal of mine not only for Vericoin but for crypto currencies as a whole for almost 2 years now. There are very few others outside the VRC team that I see trying to make strides in this direction. This is why I stand behind the coin and this is why I'll continue to support the coin. The great thing about a lot of crypto currencies is the fact they are open source. Let the other coins worry about anon/2.0/usernames/etc. - Vericoin can always take those features down the road and implement them to their own coin.

I get there are other people who don't see mass adoption as a main priority. That is the beauty of this "alt-coin" world. There are tons of different projects with tons of different goals. This is why the whole argument of "my coin is the best coin" is so retarded. Vericoin has their vision and the dev team and supporters (like myself) are working hard on moving the dial forward. I personally would rather put my time and effort into helping the average Joe understand and get into crypto vs. worrying about anon feature and making sure no one know who I am. That's just me - it's not right or wrong but yeah... I think there are others out there who feel the same way I do.
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:46:23 PM

Someone seems mad about the price. I say cut the lose and sell. If someone feels they made a bad investment blame only yourself. May warning out there about crypto. I remember buying Ltc around this time last year. Everyone was soo down on Ltc (bought almost 9900 LYUzQXeAHRqvvYr2Yps7rnJjvCnMWyKLGC which went on BTC-e for BTC). I remember Dogecoin was a gamble... Ultracoin had promise but I couldn't help selling it off in first 2 weeks. I was there with BC in the beginning but recognized a very unhealthy growth and sold to buy back way cheaper (still a great coin and still have some for a rainy day).  Darkcoin was another nice surprise.

The moral of my story is. I have "luck" with coins. My misses nothing I remember too much about but my grand slams will buy you some items. I'm not going to be the "To Da MooN!" guy but keep your eyes on Vericoin.  I love the direction it is going. I love the fact I can spend it like BTC. I hodl and wait.

But if you mad bro... cut and run. No one is to blame for losing $$$ except the person that clicked the buy button! There is no dev, no cheerleader, no pumper, no scammer NO ONE that can ever be blamed but the person that clicked the magic buy button.

Peace out guys... have fun!

P.S. why do people give devs a hard time if they say "This is the next bitcoin", "This will be accepted by everyone that believes in anything resembling money"Huh?

Would it make you feel better if a dev said "i kinda believe in our coin but it might be crap"Huh? Devs do your thang!
Pages: « 1 ... 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 [691] 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: