Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:39:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700842 times)
bobrikov1800

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:27:34 AM

Hi, guys, can somebody tell me, how to configure automatic switching from one of predefined pools (GAME, Litecoin, DGB) to another based on current coin profit? Im talking about Asic L3+.
Hello,

I have the same question. I don't understand how work profit switching with ASIC.
We need to configure pools like zpool or nicehash in ASIC and it switch automatically on the best coin ?
Or it change automatically the priority pool ?

Thanks.
Hi,

External Profit Switching
- Operates by changing priorities of existing pools of an already running External Miner
- Works with many kinds of mining software, but will not change the mining software being used
- Automatically switch between multiple algorithms, online services like NiceHash and single coin pools

So the idea is that you manually need to make sure that the miners has a couple of pools defined, with different coins. Awesome Miner will then change priorities of the pools to ensure highest profit. Awesome Miner will not change the pools at all for the External Profit Switching feature (in contrast to how the Managed Profit Switcher works)

See the help page for details on how to enable it on an External Miner:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx

i have read it for several times, but stil can't understand anything.
Maybe you can make a tutorial for external miners?
Trying to get it for few days, and I'm stuck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JACKSEG

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:21:49 AM

The same.
I have understand profit switcher with GPU but not with an ASIC.
For example, we need to add a new Profit Profile for Antminer L3+ with only scrypt algo and speed to work or default profile work good ?
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:08:52 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 01:01:57 PM by toptek

how do i set up External Profit Switching , i mean do i need to set a group pool then enable it for that External miner all i could find was how to turn on External Profit Switching or enable it, so after that do I follow how to set up a managed miner for switching for the pools, i think I'm asking right and will it work with a A4 Dominator running CGMINER 3.90 or BFGminer 5.4 running on my Alchemist both are Script miners running Externally off PI types running Linux .
I use this https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy for Auto switching which works notice i said works because that's about all it does by that i mean it's no longer being Dev and sooner or later it may stop working .

so
Id say more then likely it will stop if no one picks it up or the Dev doesn't do anymore updates.

Ive been using it sense I found it on nice hash and that was about the time nice hash posted in there software section a year or 2 ago.

This is a little confusing to

Awesome Miner will not change the pools at all for the External Profit Switching feature
does that mean if say i have three pools set up on the External miner it will ignore them or leave them a lone and only use what i have set up in AM ? . if that's how AM works with External's or does AM only use what's set up in the External miner software, if i have switching enabled and then it can mean: whatever pools are set up on that External miner won't change but AM will change to them to use them ? . if that's the case how does AM know when to switch, is that a set able option some place and kind of why i asked "then follow setting up a managed miner for switching for the pools".I'm sure i didn't ask in the right order but you usually understand and ask directly with the right question Smiley.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
digidaly

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:12:53 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 08:43:39 PM by digidaly

Not sure if i've missed this in the thread but is there a walkthrough of;
a) adding a customer miner e.g. ccminer 2.2
b) adding a new algo to profit switching using said custom miner

Cheers, apologies if i've missed it.
a) If it's not a profit switching scenario: If you open the properties of your Managed Miner, you will see that Automatic download is enabled by default. In this scenario, Awesome Miner will download and setup the mining software for you, in this case ccminer 2.1. If you change to Specify Path manually instead, you can point to your ccminer 2.2 executable instead, and Awesome Miner will use this one.

If you need to do this on multiple computers, you can also use this feature to push the ccminer 2.2 software to all of them:
http://awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx

b) For profit switching scenario: Instead of configuring each Managed Miner like this, you define similar settings for you Profit profile. Go to Options dialog, Profit profile section, modify the profile you use, for example nVidia GPU, select ccminer and click Configure. Now you have the same option to change from Automatic download to specifying your own software path where you can point to another version of ccminer.

After having tried hard to do this for a while here is my understanding:

You can add a custom miner and you can add a custom algo, however using them for profit switching with a custom coin is not possible.  
Adding a new algo is not useful for profit switching because any custom coin that goes with the new algo does not update its difficulty/price/block_reward

One possibility is profit switching (among hardcoded coins only) by replacing the original ccminer with a custom ccminer, but then you have totally lost the use of the original ccminer for all algos. So your new ccminer better be superior to the original ccminer for all the coins you're mining

So yes custom miner/algo/coins are possible but if your goal is to input a new coin, enter the hash rate of the new algo, point it to a custom ccminer and have it in the profit switching mix you can't do it.

Would that be correct Patrike? please confirm.

Another issue is, even if you're OK with using the custom ccminer for all coins and you're OK with manually updating difficulty/price/block_reward for the new coin regularly, it is still not useful for profit switching because you may only specify one global hash rate for the new algo for all your rigs. So assuming your rigs are not identical, the hash rate will be incorrect for all but one rig. Therefore profit switching that new coin, even with the above restrictions, would be pointless for more than one rig.
I've  made some improvements in this area in the development version 3.2.1. See the following post for more details:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg20341208#msg20341208

With the new version, you can add your own algorithms, and then add it for zpool and you will get profitability information. However, if you add a new coin that Awesome Miner cannot find, you will not get any automatic profit information.

The concept you describe about having support for multiple versions of ccminer for the profit switcher is the next step for me to implement. This has been requested a lot recently.

Great, I appreciate your effort to address these issues.

I'm using 3.2.1 and it has good improvements but having to use zpool to get coin info is not ideal for various reasons, also zpool does not cover most coins.

Its not really zpool that the software is getting the info from, its whattomine that most of it is pulled from, so the limitations fall on the use of that website as the source data. I hope the dev adds the ability to add new coins in the future and give us the ability to add our own api url links for the data being pulled for the coins. This would allow massive customization on being able to add new coins and maintain a good correct profit number, because there is are dozens of websites to pull these api sources from on the day of release for each coin..

The method that Patrike prosposed above for profit switching would require zpool to pull the info (by using "unspecified xx algo" as the coin)
If you wanted to use whattomine (that has many times the number of zpool coins) you cannot currently add any of their covered coins that are not already hard coded in AM for profit switching as of 3.2.1
But I definitely agree it would be a great improvement to have option to add coins through api url or at least start by allowing all current whattomine coins to be recognized
For WhatToMine.com and Coinwarz.com, there are no hardcoded coins in Awesome Miner. It uses the coins API of these services to get all available coins. The drawback is that several of the new coins that are listed here:
http://whattomine.com/calculators
are not returned by the WhatToMine API. I've contacted the author of WhatToMine about this to find a solution for it. As soon as they are returned by WhatToMine, they will appear in Awesome Miner.

Is AM using an API call to whattomine that returns all the coins together but without several newer coins? Because if you click on any of these newer coins on the link you post above and add .json to the url you do get the info.

Like this one for example: http://http://whattomine.com/coins/65-adn-scrypt-og.json
And the url for each of the coins seem to be standardized so that the symbol is always between the first and the second dash

There is also currently this issue:
If you try to add a coin to a pool and that coin can be mined with a few different algos AM will only list the coin under just one of the algos which is not necessarily the most profitable one. That makes profit switching incorrect for that coin. The page you mentioned above (http://whattomine.com/calculators) lists those multi-algo coins as separate coins with different diffculties and different profitabilities.

This one for example:
http://whattomine.com/coins/115-dgb-qubit
http://whattomine.com/coins/114-dgb-skein
http://whattomine.com/coins/112-dgb-myriad-groestl
http://whattomine.com/coins/113-dgb-sha-256

It would be great if we can get these multi-algo coins listed under each one of their algos

digidaly

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:19:26 PM

Here is a little preview of what will be included in the next development release.

As in the previous development release, you will be able to add your own algorithms that's new on zpool for example. Now you can also add your own Managed Software and specify that it has full compatibility with any supported software, but with a different set of algorithms.

In the example below, I've defined a custom CcMiner 2.2, which includes other algorithms than CcMiner 2.1, but is defined to be fully compatible with CcMiner in all other aspects.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/img/features/managed-software-03.png

In the second screenshot, I've included the custom CcMiner 2.2 to the profit switcher, and put it on top to indicate that if an algorithm is supported by both CcMiner 2.2 and 2.1, it will pick the software for 2.2.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/img/features/managed-software-04.png

With these changes, the profit switcher becomes more flexible.

The Managed Software concept can of course be used without the profit switching feature as well, and will allow you to define multiple versions of CcMiner and other mining software.

You can also defined Managed Software to run in API Compatibility Mode instead of Full Compatibility Mode. In API mode, you will have to define all command lines yourself - Awesome Miner will do nothing for you. The idea is to support full customization, but still get monitoring information about hashrates and so on. Like a Generic Miner in terms of flexibility, but with monitoring and statistics available.

That's great! looking forward to trying this release
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:04:37 PM

Awesome Miner profit mining really needs benchmark adjustments. When my rig is mining ETH solely using claymore I get 84 MH/s. When it is mining ETH+SC I get only 56 MH/s ETH. There is no way the 1670 MH/s SC compensates for a loss of nearly 30 MH/s ETH. Awesome Miner needs to consider the actual performance on single algos and performance for each combination of dual algos for each a rig to determine what is better profit. MPM out performs AM in this respect because it applies combination benchmark results to determine which is combination is higher profit.

For now I need to completely disable dual coin profit mining. How do I do that?
Benchmarking and improvements to the profit switcher are on the list of features to implement.

To disable dual mining in the Claymore miner, you can provide the command line parameter "-mode 1". To do this for the profit switcher, go to Options dialog, Profit profile section, edit your profile, select the Claymore Ethereum miner and click configure. Add the command line parameter here.

So I get that "-mode 1" overrides Claymore so that it only does ethash even if it gets parameters for dual. But if I add "-mode 1" will Awesome Miner also know to stop comparing the BTC/Day for the various dual options so that it won't try to switch to dual? If it does try to switch to dual, then al lit is doing is switching to potentially a less profitable pool than it was already in.
What I've done now is to implement support for specifying dual mining hashrates in addition to the standard hashrates. I've updated the profit switcher to both consider Ethereum and all other coins with standard hashrates, then calculate if dual mining hashrate of Ethereum plus any of the dual mining hashrates of the 4 secondary coins gives higher profitability.

With these changes, I think your initial request has been covered. The implementation will be part of the next development release that is expected to be available within the next few days.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:14:22 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 09:25:16 PM by patrike

The same.
I have understand profit switcher with GPU but not with an ASIC.
For example, we need to add a new Profit Profile for Antminer L3+ with only scrypt algo and speed to work or default profile work good ?
I can see if I can improve the instructions for this, but from a configuration point of view, it's really only one single setting that needs to be enabled, and that's the one you have in the guide already:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/profitswitching.aspx#awesomeprofit

Let's say you have an Antminer L3+ that do scrypt mining, and that we assume you already have 3 pools added to this miner. So when you go to the Pools tab in the main window of Awesome Miner, you will see your 3 pools. If you only have one, make sure you add more. There is no automatic step to just enter a bitcoin address as for the Managed Profit Switcher, instead you need to add your own pools with URL's and worker names. Example of pools can be a Litecoin pool, the Nicehash Scrypt pool and the zpool Scrypt pool.

Once you have some pools defined for a miner, and you have activated the profit switcher for the External Miner according to the single step described on the link above, the profit switcher will be working. It will calculate the profitability of all the pools of the External Miner and instruct the Antminer to prioritize the pool with the highest profitability.

For this feature to work, and also to make changes to the pools from Awesome Miner, the Antminers must run in privileged API mode.

Please let me know more details on where you got stuck in getting this feature to work.

(Edit: See my post below as well)

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:24:38 PM

Awesome Miner will not change the pools at all for the External Profit Switching feature
does that mean if say i have three pools set up on the External miner it will ignore them or leave them a lone and only use what i have set up in AM ? . if that's how AM works with External's or does AM only use what's set up in the External miner software, if i have switching enabled and then it can mean: whatever pools are set up on that External miner won't change but AM will change to them to use them ? . if that's the case how does AM know when to switch, is that a set able option some place and kind of why i asked "then follow setting up a managed miner for switching for the pools".I'm sure i didn't ask in the right order but you usually understand and ask directly with the right question Smiley.
The External Profit Switcher is really intended for ASIC miners like Antminers and similar. If you have GPU systems, you should run them as Managed Miners with the Managed Profit Switcher.

Awesome Miner will not add new pools or remove pools from your miner when using the External Profit Switcher. If you have 3 pools defined, those will still be there all the time, even when the profit switcher is operating. So what the profit switcher is doing is "Operates by changing priorities of existing pools of an already running External Miner". Most ASIC's, including Antminers and some mining software supports this priority operations. Awesome Miner will simply instruct the miner to prioritize the one of the three pools that has the highest profitability.

The pool priority order might look like this from the beginning:
LitecoinPool, Nicehash Scrypt, zpool Scrypt.
After the profit switcher executed and figured out that Nicehash was better, it will send Pool Priority command to the miner and instruct it to use the following priority:
Nicehash Scrypt, zpool Scrypt, LitecoinPool.

As you can see, no change to the pools (none added, none removed). Just a change of priorities.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:39:12 PM

Another small improvement in the next development release:

The coins at the bottom can be changed

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:44:08 PM

For WhatToMine.com and Coinwarz.com, there are no hardcoded coins in Awesome Miner. It uses the coins API of these services to get all available coins. The drawback is that several of the new coins that are listed here:
are not returned by the WhatToMine API. I've contacted the author of WhatToMine about this to find a solution for it. As soon as they are returned by WhatToMine, they will appear in Awesome Miner.

Is AM using an API call to whattomine that returns all the coins together but without several newer coins? Because if you click on any of these newer coins on the link you post above and add .json to the url you do get the info.

Like this one for example: http://http://whattomine.com/coins/65-adn-scrypt-og.json
And the url for each of the coins seem to be standardized so that the symbol is always between the first and the second dash

If you try to add a coin to a pool and that coin can be mined with a few different algos AM will only list the coin under just one of the algos which is not necessarily the most profitable one. That makes profit switching incorrect for that coin. The page you mentioned above (http://whattomine.com/calculators) lists those multi-algo coins as separate coins with different diffculties and different profitabilities.

This one for example:

It would be great if we can get these multi-algo coins listed under each one of their algos
Awesome Miner is not using the individual json files for each coin, because that would be too much hardcoding in Awesome Miner and too many requests sent to the WhatToMine web server.

I'm currently working with the author of WhatToMine to get more coins from the standard coins.json API or similar from WhatToMine. This is really the best solution, because I want any coin that is getting added to WhatToMine to automatically show up in Awesome Miner. That concept works already today, but the WhatToMine coins-API doesn't include some of the new coins.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:55:01 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 11:21:33 AM by toptek

The External Profit Switcher is really intended for ASIC miners like Antminers and similar. If you have GPU systems, you should run them as Managed Miners with the Managed Profit Switcher.

Awesome Miner will not add new pools or remove pools from your miner when using the External Profit Switcher. If you have 3 pools defined, those will still be there all the time, even when the profit switcher is operating. So what the profit switcher is doing is "Operates by changing priorities of existing pools of an already running External Miner". Most ASIC's, including Antminers and some mining software supports this priority operations. Awesome Miner will simply instruct the miner to prioritize the one of the three pools that has the highest profitability.

After the profit switcher executed and figured out that Nicehash was better, it will send Pool Priority command to the miner and instruct it to use the following priority:

As you can see, no change to the pools (none added, none removed). Just a change of priorities.

The The External Profit Switcher is really intended for ASIC miners like Antminers and similar.  both my ASIC Scrpt miners are similar in that one uses BFG 5.42 one uses CGMINER 3.9 that does support priority operations

SO i need three pools at least of three Different coins ? .  that still really doesn't explain how to get to work . do i need to do any thing to the default profile ? . can i make my own profile or should I ? .

SO make sure i have three pools set up and turn on the profit switching  profile for the External  miner and leave it set to default and that's it ? . and  pretty much all it does is pick the most profitable one  at start up uses that pools and stays there from the pools set up in on the External  miner . cool .. i was looking for some thing like the proxy i linked were i can set each pool on it's own timer , I was hoping AM could do that without the proxy or  switch to AM own pool group with timers on each pool like the proxy does but without a proxy if that's makes sense. . like Pool one is 90 mins the pools 2 is 90  then pools is 3 90 mins then once that's done it starts the process again and ofc that really only makes any thing if the pool is PPS or the pools can be set to PPS . you might think that won't make any thing but it does as long as the pools are PPS . the reason i asked without the  proxy is the proxy seems to not work right at times or slows down over time . but im sure that is because of a lack updates to that proxy software . and if AM can use it owns pools groups but not effect the miner like the proxy does I'll bet more would love it ..   how i join the proxy is use a address some thing like stratum+tcp://192.168.1.206:3333 on the miner then the proxy does the rest and uses the pool group I set up with the proxy . the miner all ways stays on stratum+tcp://192.168.1.206:3333 while the proxy points to each pools timer . cool if am can't do that and i don't blame you for not offering that for External miner it seems like that might be a lot of work to put in but when you offer that cloud thing i saw a few pages back i might bug you then and id even pay a monthly fee as long as it's reason able because i know the updates won't stop.

I'm not really looking to profit switch more like switch to pools i set on a timer for any kind of miner I wish the Dev of that other software would DEv it again I'm sure others would gladly pay him . there is all ready a service for GPU rigs that can profit switch and sell,  you pay for , i think it can sell for you now the DEV was working on it, if you happen to mine junk coins or sell to the most profit able coin at the time .

I like AM much better sense I'm not really into profit switching but i may give AM's profit switching for GPU's a go to see how it works . I did try the dual mining in AM with CM ether miner that was cool...

AM Still sees my NV CARD As a AMD CARD if I mix cards , i said some thing about a while back to fix it, i don't mix cards .

I forgot to add i have that proxy software running on a PI so basically it is my own proxy running in my home i join with the miner  etc and it can run on windows or you can run if off a windows box i have done it , PI are so much better at it to bad PI's can't  run windows like on a normal PC like LINUX desktop does . .

Shivoreun

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:11:18 PM

Hi to community.

Would like to ask for help with the configuration of miner and remote agent...
The setup is:
Comp1: Awesome Miner installed, and controls local mining rig (the same machine)
Comp2: Awesome Miner installed, and controls local mining rig (the same machine)
The task: on the Comp1 I need to monitor the status of mining from Comp2. Just monitoring, no remote miner startup/shutdown. How to do this? Do I need to install Remote Agent on the Comp2? How to setup the 2nd miner in the Awesome Miner, on Comp1? (should I add the Comp2 as "external miner" or as "managed miner"?)
Tried to read the documentation, but still confused about this... Sad

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry for errors in English - it's not my native language...
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:35:55 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 07:52:45 PM by toptek

Hi to community.

Would like to ask for help with the configuration of miner and remote agent...
The setup is:
Comp1: Awesome Miner installed, and controls local mining rig (the same machine)
Comp2: Awesome Miner installed, and controls local mining rig (the same machine)
The task: on the Comp1 I need to monitor the status of mining from Comp2. Just monitoring, no remote miner startup/shutdown. How to do this? Do I need to install Remote Agent on the Comp2? How to setup the 2nd miner in the Awesome Miner, on Comp1? (should I add the Comp2 as "external miner" or as "managed miner"?)
Tried to read the documentation, but still confused about this... Sad

Thanks in advance.

pick one of the PC to be the main PC only install Awesome Miner Installer http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setup/AwesomeMiner.msi on the main PC1 that does all the configuring  then install only the Awesome Miner Remote Agent http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/setup/AwesomeMinerRemoteService.msi on PC2 an on PC 2 you may have to make sure you have Remote Desktop Connection tuned on or did at some point not sure if you still have to and i would turn on Remote Desktop Connection on PC1 encase you want to use MSI RemoteServer, i turn on Remote Desktop Connection by default because i use it for more then AWESOME Miner. after you install Awesome Miner Remote Agent start it  reboot PC2 to be safe. then go the main PC1 and set up managed miners http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/managedwizard.aspx then you should see in the main UI window on PC1 all your miner you set up with the managed miner wizard with red stopped messages that means the remote PC/s and main PC are online and ready to mine , right click one of them, hit start if it was set up right it should run ... link on how to turn on Remote Desktop Connection in windows  10 https://www.groovypost.com/howto/setup-use-remote-desktop-windows-10/ the rest should fall in place once you start playing with AM .. if not just ask again I'm sure some one can help   with all most any thing to do with AM aka awesome miner .

AWESOME MINER ONLY works with windows including the Awesome Miner Remote Agent and managed miners only works with GPU's right now . some other set ups work with external miners/network miners but there is limits on what you can use in the right click menu with external miners/network miners that don't run the Awesome Miner Remote Agent with managed miners.

Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:46:47 PM

This one for example:

Awesome Miner is not using the individual json files for each coin, because that would be too much hardcoding in Awesome Miner and too many requests sent to the WhatToMine web server.

I'm currently working with the author of WhatToMine to get more coins from the standard coins.json API or similar from WhatToMine. This is really the best solution, because I want any coin that is getting added to WhatToMine to automatically show up in Awesome Miner. That concept works already today, but the WhatToMine coins-API doesn't include some of the new coins.

This is why i think it would be better to create a template design similar to the way you added the ability to add new algos to online services. Literally every website whattomine, coinmarketcap, etc... all those websites are pulling data from the coin explorers... i dont see why we cant just pull the data from the coin explorers for each individual coin. The amount of data being transferred from a json request is very minimal honestly. This would reduce the requirement to pull all this data from whattomine.

Example: SIGT

Add a 4th option under the "optional section"
Labeled: Json Profitability Calculator Properties

JSON URL:

Then add the ability to dictate within the data the values are found, maybe add a pull data button, which would pull in data and dynamically fill in empty boxes with data detected after each comma, then check the parts the data is found in and assign it to difficulty, block reward, and price....

idk maybe it would be easier to just had a preprogrammed option with just the whattomine json format already formatted, all the user does is add the new coin json url and it populates the rest.... You could set this as an non default option so the users can do it when new coins come out if they are dedicated to mining enough update it daily like this on new coins.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:03:51 PM

Patrike,

I have been promoting AM on steemit a lot lately and the various mining places i hang out on, one feature that has been brought up to me by more so the larger mining groups is adding the ability to mine coins based on difficulty...

Like add a "Manage Difficulty Miner" miner...

Many of the larger miners could care less about the profit switching side of mining, they are usually not needing the income today as the reason for profit switching is to place you on the more profitable coin current based on usually the value of the coin rising or difficulty dropping way down, but usually its because the value of the coin is super high based on the sharerate you mine at netting you the most profit if you switching it to btc automatic on a real time basis.

The larger miners i talked to told me they are more interested in the ability to add new coins and algo's on release date, which is already an option and the ability to mine low difficulty coins, not algos...
So this miner would not only have selections for which algo to mine, but which coin to mine, which would not work on pools that combine coins under a single mining port. They could setup the pools for each coin as part of setup and add new on the fly, then based on the select few they are interested in mining it would mine the coins with the lowest difficulty based on rules, netting them more coins in their pocket for that day

Example given to me...

Signatum: in a few days its dropping down from 2500 block reward to 1250 block reward size, so the profits on this coin will basically cut in half initially, so the difficulty on mining this coin is very key to longer term profits for the larger miners...

have a list of all the coins, then rules next to them

Ex:
Skunk - Signatum - Active if difficulty below XXXXX, mining weight xxxx
Equihash - Zen - Active if difficulty below XXXXXX, mining weight xxxx

So basically if the difficulty for that current mined block is below the rules amount, it would place it on a list to mine, then based off the few that make it on that list we could then use the mining weight assigned on a scale of 1 to maybe 100 to determine which one to mine on that smaller list....

What this would do is allow the larger miners who mine coins directly without auto conversion to mine them at the most efficient rates they can since difficulty plays a large role in this... with the goal of exchanging them later when they are more profitable. The mining weight variables would put it on the user to weight which coins they would prefer to mine over others if the difficulty level drops down low enough to be worth mining.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:16:11 AM

That's a good idea Storx.  I support that.
mjmeans

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:01:03 AM

Some possible issues concerning AM and profit switching on miningpoolhub when using auto exchange to some other coin.

I believe AM uses the BTC equivalent value with calculating highest profit coin at any particular time. On miningpoolhub, when using auto exchange to another coin, even when the auto exchanging to BTC, miningpoolhub has additional delays that has to be considered. Normally coins mines are initially unconfirmed, then confirmed; but with auto exchange they are then automatically place on the exchange to be converted to the desired coin, then finally deposited into the desired coin some time later. The more coins being auto exchanged, the faster this process completes. The time it takes for some coins to be exchanged can be very long if they have a very small balance because miningpoolhub bundles multiple small accounts of other miners together until there is enough to efficiently exchange them. I have seen small balances take days to exchange and of course the profit switching calculation will be completely off at that point because it was based in part on the BTC exchange rate at the time it was mined. On small mining rigs, profit switching to a coin that produces a small balance and then switches away too quickly is a problem because you can end up with such small coin balances on some coins that effectively never exchange until days or weeks later.

Setting AM to only switch once every several hours might partially resolve this issue, but is not optimal profit switching.

Can AM be told that any particular coin is set up as an auto exchange to another coin and then account for that by: 1) factoring in the conversion to the destination coin value when determining when to switch to that coin; 2) set that coin to always mine for a minimum duration (possibly) or minimum profit (best option) to improve the chance that there are enough coins to auto exchange quickly even if it would otherwise indicate that a profit switch is indicated. (i.e. a switch away from a low coin mining too quickly effectively reduces the profit of that coin to 0).

Example: Let's say I have SiaCoin set to auto exchange to ETH on miningpoolhub. I would like to be able to inform AM that I have this set and have it factor that into the profit calculation (i.e. consider the BTC/Day/GH/s factor by 0.5% loss for the auto exchange, or whatever). And also set SiaCoin so that when AM switches to it that it will mine it for at least enough to achieve some number of ETH, (i.e. 0.01 ETH) thereby practically guaranteeing that the auto exchange happens quickly.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 04:51:03 PM

The The External Profit Switcher is really intended for ASIC miners like Antminers and similar.  both my ASIC Scrpt miners are similar in that one uses BFG 5.42 one uses CGMINER 3.9 that does support priority operations

SO i need three pools at least of three Different coins ? .  that still really doesn't explain how to get to work . do i need to do any thing to the default profile ? . can i make my own profile or should I ? .

SO make sure i have three pools set up and turn on the profit switching  profile for the External  miner and leave it set to default and that's it ? . and  pretty much all it does is pick the most profitable one  at start up uses that pools and stays there from the pools set up in on the External  miner . cool ..
Yes it's mainly for ASIC's and yes you should have at least 2 or 3 pools to have something to switch between. If you have an Antminer for example, it only supports a single algorithm so no need to use Profit profiles to specify hashrates. How to get it to work is still only to check the checkbox "Enable with profile" and leave it at default profile in the External Miner Properties.

i was looking for some thing like the proxy i linked were i can set each pool on it's own timer , I was hoping AM could do that without the proxy or  switch to AM own pool group with timers on each pool like the proxy does but without a proxy if that's makes sense. . like Pool one is 90 mins the pools 2 is 90  then pools is 3 90 mins then once that's done it starts the process again and ofc that really only makes any thing if the pool is PPS or the pools can be set to PPS . you might think that won't make any thing but it does as long as the pools are PPS . the reason i asked without the  proxy is the proxy seems to not work right at times or slows down over time . but im sure that is because of a lack updates to that proxy software . and if AM can use it owns pools groups but not effect the miner like the proxy does I'll bet more would love it ..   how i join the proxy is use a address some thing like stratum+tcp://192.168.1.206:3333 on the miner then the proxy does the rest and uses the pool group I set up with the proxy . the miner all ways stays on stratum+tcp://192.168.1.206:3333 while the proxy points to each pools timer . cool if am can't do that and i don't blame you for not offering that for External miner it seems like that might be a lot of work to put in but when you offer that cloud thing i saw a few pages back i might bug you then and id even pay a monthly fee as long as it's reason able because i know the updates won't stop.
Those kind of proxy features at not available in Awesome Miner

AM Still sees my NV CARD As a AMD CARD if I mix cards , i said some thing about a while back to fix it, i don't mix cards .
Was this on the Systems tab for a Managed Miner you could see AMD, while you had nVidia GPU's only?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 05:01:40 PM

This is why i think it would be better to create a template design similar to the way you added the ability to add new algos to online services. Literally every website whattomine, coinmarketcap, etc... all those websites are pulling data from the coin explorers... i dont see why we cant just pull the data from the coin explorers for each individual coin. The amount of data being transferred from a json request is very minimal honestly. This would reduce the requirement to pull all this data from whattomine.

Example: SIGT

Add a 4th option under the "optional section"
Labeled: Json Profitability Calculator Properties

JSON URL:

Then add the ability to dictate within the data the values are found, maybe add a pull data button, which would pull in data and dynamically fill in empty boxes with data detected after each comma, then check the parts the data is found in and assign it to difficulty, block reward, and price....

idk maybe it would be easier to just had a preprogrammed option with just the whattomine json format already formatted, all the user does is add the new coin json url and it populates the rest.... You could set this as an non default option so the users can do it when new coins come out if they are dedicated to mining enough update it daily like this on new coins.
Good point. But for WhatToMine, if the author is adding all coins automatically to the combined coins.json file requested by Awesome Miner, there isn't much need to specify individual coin files from WhatToMine. It's only right now before that's in place on WhatToMine it could make sense.

For other statistics sources out there like coin explorers, they all provide slightly different API's so there is no single standard here, making it difficult to have generic support for it in Awesome Miner. Your suggestion to define rules for JSON processing is however taking care of that scenario, so that idea is for sure something I will consider. Thanks!

What some of the larger customers of Awesome Miner is doing is to write their own C# scripts inside Awesome Miner, where they pull JSON data from whatever sources they want, process it and then using the C# scripting API in Awesome Miner to update the coin profitability statistics. This is for sure more complex, but it gives full flexibility and can support any data source out there, do any calculations and also combine data from multiple sources into a single coin.

Maybe multiple JSON requests should be used to update different aspects of a coin, because block explorers give some information, while you need exchange data for others.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 05:21:49 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2017, 07:10:46 AM by patrike

Patrike,

I have been promoting AM on steemit a lot lately and the various mining places i hang out on, one feature that has been brought up to me by more so the larger mining groups is adding the ability to mine coins based on difficulty...

Like add a "Manage Difficulty Miner" miner...

Many of the larger miners could care less about the profit switching side of mining, they are usually not needing the income today as the reason for profit switching is to place you on the more profitable coin current based on usually the value of the coin rising or difficulty dropping way down, but usually its because the value of the coin is super high based on the sharerate you mine at netting you the most profit if you switching it to btc automatic on a real time basis.

The larger miners i talked to told me they are more interested in the ability to add new coins and algo's on release date, which is already an option and the ability to mine low difficulty coins, not algos...
So this miner would not only have selections for which algo to mine, but which coin to mine, which would not work on pools that combine coins under a single mining port. They could setup the pools for each coin as part of setup and add new on the fly, then based on the select few they are interested in mining it would mine the coins with the lowest difficulty based on rules, netting them more coins in their pocket for that day

Example given to me...

Signatum: in a few days its dropping down from 2500 block reward to 1250 block reward size, so the profits on this coin will basically cut in half initially, so the difficulty on mining this coin is very key to longer term profits for the larger miners...

have a list of all the coins, then rules next to them

Ex:
Skunk - Signatum - Active if difficulty below XXXXX, mining weight xxxx
Equihash - Zen - Active if difficulty below XXXXXX, mining weight xxxx

So basically if the difficulty for that current mined block is below the rules amount, it would place it on a list to mine, then based off the few that make it on that list we could then use the mining weight assigned on a scale of 1 to maybe 100 to determine which one to mine on that smaller list....

What this would do is allow the larger miners who mine coins directly without auto conversion to mine them at the most efficient rates they can since difficulty plays a large role in this... with the goal of exchanging them later when they are more profitable. The mining weight variables would put it on the user to weight which coins they would prefer to mine over others if the difficulty level drops down low enough to be worth mining.
I do agree that those running large scale mining operations typically don't use the normal profit switcher, as they typically do more analysis of what is profitable long term. That is also the reason why it took quite some time before Awesome Miner got a decent profit switcher built in - it was simply not a priority by those with larger number of miners.

As I stated in my previous post, it's more common to use custom C# scripting for some of these users. I assume that some customers already today are creating scripts with the kind of forward thinking you do above.

You are making good points in your post above, and it's good input for me to improve Awesome Miner. I know that custom C# scripting isn't for everyone and there can be more user friendly ways that Awesome Miner can support the scenarios you describe above.

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: