Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:10:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700833 times)
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:29:10 PM

Finally I have managed to buy an old PC for my farm and now looking for simple monitoring solution.
There are 13xS9 (further expansion is planned) and the needs are very simple.
I want to monitor them, hashing power, temperature, uptime maybe and etc. and also to be able to monitor this remotely, with app or other remote PC/Server, if not then e-mail notifications maybe ?
Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjg

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:24:20 PM

Hello,

The summary display seems to be a bit off if you are using CM's Cryptonote miner.  It just appears that the field isn't setup to be long enough and it covers up the uptime value as per the image.

http://imgur.com/a/dNyXA
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 06:57:00 PM

Noob question.

I know a coin explorer api with wallet balance asking format:

shittycoinexp.info/api/getbalance/youraddresshere

How should I represent the URL in Coin -->Balance --> Blockexplorer API URL

to correctly record my balances???

Thanks
Hi,
Try to enter only the first part: http://shittycoinexp.info/api
However, some block explorers work differently than the standard, so if it doesn't work, please give me some examples and I will look into adding support for it.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:58:17 PM

Noob question.

I know a coin explorer api with wallet balance asking format:

shittycoinexp.info/api/getbalance/youraddresshere

How should I represent the URL in Coin -->Balance --> Blockexplorer API URL

to correctly record my balances???

Thanks
Hi,
Try to enter only the first part: http://shittycoinexp.info/api
However, some block explorers work differently than the standard, so if it doesn't work, please give me some examples and I will look into adding support for it.
Will try and report. Thanks  Smiley

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 07:00:17 PM

Finally I have managed to buy an old PC for my farm and now looking for simple monitoring solution.
There are 13xS9 (further expansion is planned) and the needs are very simple.
I want to monitor them, hashing power, temperature, uptime maybe and etc. and also to be able to monitor this remotely, with app or other remote PC/Server, if not then e-mail notifications maybe ?
Thanks in advance
Awesome Miner can do all that, including remote monitoring via a web interface and e-mail notifications. The web interface works well with both smart phones and desktop web browsers.

There are many happy users out there running Awesome Miner with Antminer S9.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 07:01:52 PM

Hello,

The summary display seems to be a bit off if you are using CM's Cryptonote miner.  It just appears that the field isn't setup to be long enough and it covers up the uptime value as per the image.

Good catch - thanks! This miner reported a very long software string, so I will make some user interface adjustments to make it look better.
Please continue testing the new development version of Awesome Miner and provide feedback!

rjg

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:48:40 AM

Hello,

Good catch - thanks! This miner reported a very long software string, so I will make some user interface adjustments to make it look better.
Please continue testing the new development version of Awesome Miner and provide feedback!

I can break nearly anything  Grin , so I will let you know if I find other issues.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:31:27 PM

The development version Awesome Miner 2.2.3 is now available for those of you that want to try the latest features.

Some of the improvements:
- Added support for temperature and device display for Antminer T9 and Antminer L3
- Added support for Claymore's CryptoNight GPU Miner (Monero)
- The rule for Offline Detection adds configuration of offline duration before the rule is triggered.

Please note that you need to enable "Check for development versions" in the Options dialog, General section, in order to get access to the development versions.

do you know if awesomeminer can change the frequency of the S9 witohut restart it?
just curious....
but maybe i'm sayng bullshit..
i immagine to slow down frequency if the room temperature is too high.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 05:44:54 AM

do you know if awesomeminer can change the frequency of the S9 witohut restart it?
just curious....
but maybe i'm sayng bullshit..
i immagine to slow down frequency if the room temperature is too high.

First of all, the change frequency changes may not work correctly on the latest S9 batches because those miners handle the frequency configuration in a different way.
Both when makng frequency and API Access changes, Awesome Miner will only restart the mining software process on the Antminer. It's not a complete reboot.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 09:19:06 PM

Awesome Miner Version 2.3
  • Added support for temperature and device display for Antminer T9 and Antminer L3
  • Added support for Claymore's CryptoNight GPU Miner (Monero)
  • The rule for Offline Detection adds configuration of offline duration before the rule is triggered.
  • Sgminer 5.6, including Pascal algorithm
  • Claymore's Zcash Miner 12.0
  • Several corrections

Moonrackers

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 11:30:36 PM

We are using Awesome miner in our facility and it works really good. Support is also excellent.

I wonder if the Baikal Giant-A900 is or will be supported?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2498

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:27:01 AM

1st, love Awesome miner.

Now for the fun... I just added 3x of the Avalon 721 miners to my farm and after I configured the Avalon controller with CGminer switches needed for Awesome to communicate I was flabbergasted to see this:

Now, the Avalon software in the controller shows a perfectly smooth 19-20THs for the trio and CKpool reports a solid tad over 19THs. Just as expected. So what's with the 40THs spikes swamping the scale factor? Are the trio of Avalon's actually hitting those speeds? Makes it damn hard to see how the s7's, 9's, and R4 are doing Wink

Any way to filter the sampling response to smooth it out?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:59:43 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 06:37:53 AM by bensam1231

The rig in the list just sits at 'starting' and doesn't do anything else. What's wrong?

Why can't you remove miners after you add them to the miner list?

I'm going to make a more inclusive post of things that could definitely made better, but I can't get it to work at the most basic level. I'm using the free version to try things out, not sure if that matters.

Edit: For some strange reason, the service wont start the miner, but will connect to the management console. After restarting the management console and the service over and over again, sometimes it will start a miner. Really weird. It seems to work better when connecting to IP instead of host name. Still doesn't reliably work.

Running Windows 8.1 x64 on both machines. Also why is 'host' and 'new host' even a option? This should be configured in the actual properties of the miner. There is no way to edit current hosts or delete them, they just pile up.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 09:56:07 AM

We are using Awesome miner in our facility and it works really good. Support is also excellent.

Thanks for the feedback.
That miner will probably work, as all standard compliant miners works with Awesome Miner.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 10:17:24 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 10:35:58 AM by bensam1231

Apparently somehow my installation got corrupted after updating to the newest version and was causing the connectivity problems. Reinstalled and deleted the app data and was able to connect to the miner correctly.

Hosts can be edited in the options. When you add hosts via the properties page, there is no way to edit them there. That's what was confusing me (not sure why you still can't edit them there or it takes you to the options panel for pools).

Still haven't figured out how to remove a miner once you add one besides editing xml.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to manage a repository of miners (once you transfer them to the miner). You can go into the properties on the miner > path browse there, but that doesn't allow you to easily manage distributions across multiple miners.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 10:49:54 AM

So I'm curious, after some playing around. Is the coin, pool, and miner management so messed up so it encourages people to make more then one miner per rig and thus increase the license they purchase?

I'm trying to figure out how to manage multiple coins and the only way to do it is by creating a new group with the same rig in it with different mining software and pool parameters. Since GPU mining is complicated and requires multiple different mining distributions to mine different algos. Each 'miner' NOT rig is seen as a 'instance' and therefore requires a mining 'instance' spot in the license. This balloons exponentially with the amount of rigs you have and the coins you mine (it multiplies). So if you mine equihash, ethereum, and lbry on three rigs, you basically require nine 'instances'. If you mine more (and there is a lot more algos, coins, and miners) it's going to expand out even further. The only way to address this is to tediously edit each 'instance' and change everything manually, which is really no different then editing rigs manually without software.

I had already made a post addressing a lot of the bugs, UI issues, and problems with the miner which I haven't posted yet as I'm still figuring things out, but if this is by design this is absolutely unacceptable.

Maybe this is a misunderstanding and this is designed more for ASICs where there isn't multiple miners per 'computer/device/workstation'?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 03:55:33 PM

The rig in the list just sits at 'starting' and doesn't do anything else. What's wrong?
What kind of mining software is it? Can you please select the miner and click the Diagnostics button in the toolbar to get more details?

Why can't you remove miners after you add them to the miner list?
You can add, modify and remove miners from the Options dialog, if you select the "Managed Miners" section in the list on the left side. If you use External Miners later on, they are found in "External Miners" section of the Options dialog.

Edit: For some strange reason, the service wont start the miner, but will connect to the management console. After restarting the management console and the service over and over again, sometimes it will start a miner. Really weird. It seems to work better when connecting to IP instead of host name. Still doesn't reliably work.

Running Windows 8.1 x64 on both machines. Also why is 'host' and 'new host' even a option? This should be configured in the actual properties of the miner. There is no way to edit current hosts or delete them, they just pile up.
As you pointed out in a later post, you can add, modify and remove hosts from the Options dialog, "Managed Hosts" section.

Apparently somehow my installation got corrupted after updating to the newest version and was causing the connectivity problems. Reinstalled and deleted the app data and was able to connect to the miner correctly.

Hosts can be edited in the options. When you add hosts via the properties page, there is no way to edit them there. That's what was confusing me (not sure why you still can't edit them there or it takes you to the options panel for pools).
A Host is basically only a server name and not changed that frequently. That's why you can only add them from the miner properties, but have to go to Options dialog, Managed Hosts section to modify or remove.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to manage a repository of miners (once you transfer them to the miner). You can go into the properties on the miner > path browse there, but that doesn't allow you to easily manage distributions across multiple miners.
Is the scenario that you want to define configuration for both Sgminer and Etheruem Mining, and be able to start one and stop the other in an easy way? Right now that will require you to define two Managed Miners for the same Host.

So I'm curious, after some playing around. Is the coin, pool, and miner management so messed up so it encourages people to make more then one miner per rig and thus increase the license they purchase?

I'm trying to figure out how to manage multiple coins and the only way to do it is by creating a new group with the same rig in it with different mining software and pool parameters. Since GPU mining is complicated and requires multiple different mining distributions to mine different algos. Each 'miner' NOT rig is seen as a 'instance' and therefore requires a mining 'instance' spot in the license. This balloons exponentially with the amount of rigs you have and the coins you mine (it multiplies). So if you mine equihash, ethereum, and lbry on three rigs, you basically require nine 'instances'. If you mine more (and there is a lot more algos, coins, and miners) it's going to expand out even further. The only way to address this is to tediously edit each 'instance' and change everything manually, which is really no different then editing rigs manually without software.

I had already made a post addressing a lot of the bugs, UI issues, and problems with the miner which I haven't posted yet as I'm still figuring things out, but if this is by design this is absolutely unacceptable.

Maybe this is a misunderstanding and this is designed more for ASICs where there isn't multiple miners per 'computer/device/workstation'?
The increase in number of mining software the last year is probably one of the reasons for this. In the past GPU mining was basically Sgminer and that you change coin by simply defining many pools and do a Change Pool operation. This way you always had one Managed Miner and you could change between all popular algorithms by changing pool.

Over the last year, I've added support for Claymore's miners, now a total of 3 of them. Because it's different mining software with different behaviors, you need to define a Managed Miner for each of them you want to use.

For the next major release of Awesome Miner, there will be a new profit switching where you can have a single Managed Miner, but it can easily change between multiple mining software. This will reduce the number of Managed Miner instances needed, and should address the issue you describe.

You are correct about the ASIC scenario - that one is easier because there is no concept of changing mining software.

I appreciate all the feedback you are providing. I'm always taking notes based on these kind of comments in order to improve the future releases of Awesome Miner. Thanks!

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:06:01 PM

The increase in number of mining software the last year is probably one of the reasons for this. In the past GPU mining was basically Sgminer and that you change coin by simply defining many pools and do a Change Pool operation. This way you always had one Managed Miner and you could change between all popular algorithms by changing pool.

Over the last year, I've added support for Claymore's miners, now a total of 3 of them. Because it's different mining software with different behaviors, you need to define a Managed Miner for each of them you want to use.

For the next major release of Awesome Miner, there will be a new profit switching where you can have a single Managed Miner, but it can easily change between multiple mining software. This will reduce the number of Managed Miner instances needed, and should address the issue you describe.

You are correct about the ASIC scenario - that one is easier because there is no concept of changing mining software.

I appreciate all the feedback you are providing. I'm always taking notes based on these kind of comments in order to improve the future releases of Awesome Miner. Thanks!

I figured out the majority of the problems I described, however the above still remains.

It hasn't always been SGminer. There are plenty of other releases you have to setup in order mine specific coins with the fastest available miner. SGminer or CCminer (the version in AM is severely outdated) aren't the only distributions. For a lot of the coins in the coin list there are specific branches you need to use, such as Pascal, Library, Decred, Sib, and of course Ethereum as you've already mentioned.

So for three rigs (I have a lot more then that) I would need 15 'instances' or license spots. Those are just the easy ones off the top of my head. There are a lot of custom mining solutions I have to dump into AM to get things working as well. My mining folder has tons of distributions in it which have akrewed over the years, most of which aren't used anymore, but just a testament to the amount of custom miners that are needed to optimize profits. If all someone is using is SGminer or CCminer, they aren't going to be mining for long.

'Instances' should be defined as a single rig, not mining software inside the rig. It doesn't make sense unless you're trying to inflate license costs. Even if you could switch between instances in those miners, you wouldn't want to do that over just simply killing the instance and restarting the appropriate miner. AM is supposed to be mining management software, not something I can do with a batfile or minercontrol. Why even bother with algo switching inside of the miner? That's just over complicating something (in addition to some miners not playing nicely with algo switching).

I hope this is just a hierarchy and UI design issue and not intended to inflate licenses for each rig. If it's not the case, I do have a lot of ideas to help you improve your UI and make things much more manageable, but I'm not racking up N number of licenses per physical computer.

Moonrackers

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:53:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
That miner will probably work, as all standard compliant miners works with Awesome Miner.

i will test it soon. I'll tell you the results. Thanks!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2498

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:51:51 AM

Anyone have ideas on why Awesome is displaying Avalons as I showed in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg17968629#msg17968629 ?
More to the point I guess is, are the miners *really* hitting those blistering speeds even if only for a brief time? I've seen spikes as high as 60TH from the trio of 721's.

Since the real throughput as shown by the Avalon GUI and confirmed by CKpool stats is 18-20THs it would be nice if Awesome graphing could reflect that...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: