Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701053 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 05:00:58 PM

Patrike,

I think I found two bugs.

See below for log details.....

10/4/2017 2:47:11 PM.608 [019] [E]Failed to download string from: http://www.awesomeminer.com/download/miner/SoftwareDefinition.xml
 System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
10/4/2017 2:47:12 PM.045 [007] [E]Failed to download string from: http://whattomine.com/coins/191.json
 System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Thanks for your feedback. The software definition file is only made available when there are supported definitions available for upgrades, if not, this error can be found in the log file but doesn't do any harm.

This one is Signatum that recently went from being possible to mine into POS. No longer listed on WhatToMine and next version of Awesome Miner will remove this request
http://whattomine.com/coins/191.json

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 05:03:14 PM

I agree that it would be a nice improvement to add a trigger that is looking at hashrate for a specific time like you suggest.
If you look at the actual hashrate in your scenario, is it dropping below 200MH/s that many times within a few minutes? What's the standard hashrate when everything is working fine?
Hi Patrike,

Yes it is on this 8 GPU rig I have 2 troublesome GPUs (2 570’s in a 580 rig) that like to drop significantly every now and then (which is what’s triggering the only rule I have available for hashrate). Usually they recover fine in seconds but every few days its seems like they stay in that dropped state which is what made me try your rules out. It rolls at ~205MH/s 99% of the time.

Is there any way you can add something like that to the roadmap?  Or is that too much of an overhaul?

Thanks.
I will make a note of this request. The rules are quite sensitive and requires some effort to get correct, so it's not a quick fix.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 05:09:55 PM

Good afternoon.
Here are the old requests for which I did not receive an answer:

1. See the photo. Add this for each farm and you can select wallets and pools for each miner separately!!
2. The most ancient mistake that you do not eliminate. Your program sees that my farm consists of 4 maps and why if one card when the transition from one algorithm to another died the farm does not reboot - it's elementary - there were 4 cards became 3 means you need to reboot.
3. Still the same ancient trouble arises with ccmainer Alexis - when in the manner of the error occurs, the error message is displayed. In this case, mining stops and the program does nothing until I manually click on this error on the farm (((

1.  I'm not sure what we are looking at here.  The first picture shows that you are using a custom pool group for profit mining, and the second picture is showing an empty override directly on the Managed Profit Miner.  You would want to leave the override empty, unless you wanted this particular Managed Profit Miner to do something different from the global settings.  Or are you pointing out that the override is missing the option for a custom pool group?

2.  I think you should troubleshoot why you have a card that is dying first.  Do you have adequate power from your PSU?  How many watts is it?  Do you use risers?  Have you tried moving the risers around to see if the problem follows the riser?  Do you have your overclock or underclock settings set too far out of range for the new algorithm when it switches to it?

3.  What does the error message say?  You may want to set a rule that if hashrate falls below a threshold then to reboot the computer.  This may help with your missing GPU problem in #2 above as well.  Make sure that you set the Managed Miner, or the Managed Profit Miner to autostart so that it will resume mining after the reboot.
1. Yes, the override is missing the option for a custom pool group. Please add as this is a very necessary option.
2. This problem occurs when you go from one algorithm to another. MSIAfterburnerRemoteServer not on all farms, I get into autoloading ((the system either removes it or just does not start it in autorun.) I think eventually you will find a durable replacement for MSIAfterburner and build control into the body of your program.In the meantime, I ask you to add to the monitoring section the ability to determine how many cards are working and if one of them has shut down to reboot the system!
3. I'll try to solve this problem by setting a low hashrate, thanks.
1) "Add to worker name" can be set individually for each Manage Profit Miner. It will however only change the last part of the worker name. Your request is about changing the full worker name?
2) Detection of missing GPU (change from 4 to 3 all of a sudden) is very high on the priority list. I know you have requested this in the past, but I do get a very large number of requests for feature right now so I'm trying to prioritize everything.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 05:11:48 PM

Patrike,

Feature Request

Is it OK to ask for a secondary Profit Profile to be added to the program ?

If so, can I post the info / details here and get feedback from others in this thread ?

Or should I contact you direct with this ?
What is the expected behavior of a secondary profit profile here? You can add your own profiles in Options dialog, Profit profile section. A single miner can only reference a single profit profile.

You can share any ideas in the thread here, because it's always good to get opinion from more people on these kind of ideas. Thanks!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 05:13:24 PM

nsgminer.exe: --algorithm: unrecognized option  

Hi im getting above error in diagnostic when running nsgminer.
i cannot remove the parameter as it must only say "--neoscrypt" not "--alogrithm neoscrypt"
then I believe nsgminer will run in awesome miner.

nsgminer.exe --config awesome.conf --text-only --algorithm neoscrypt

or is there an option to remove or customize this?
I'm not really familiar with nsgminer, but it looks like you are trying to mine neoscrypt with it and that algorithm isn't supported? Is this a Managed Miner or Managed Profit Miner you are running? Are other algorithms working?

SickTricky

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:25:57 PM

i cannot remove the parameter as it must only say "--neoscrypt" not "--alogrithm neoscrypt"

I'm not really familiar with nsgminer, but it looks like you are trying to mine neoscrypt with it and that algorithm isn't supported? Is this a Managed Miner or Managed Profit Miner you are running? Are other algorithms working?

With a normal batch file it mines perfect with amd
its based on sgminer but with some sort of fix for amd.
If it can be added as a miner in the list amd can neoscrypt. which tops the profitability list quite a lot.

trying to run in managed profit miner.
I added it to the software list and it wants to start but the --algorithm arguments keeps it from running.

nsgminer-win64-0.9.2

bat file -

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
nsgminer.exe --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 16 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17012 -O username.minername:x
pause

end bat file

Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:00:35 PM

Hello Guys,

Its been a while since ive been actively on here, had some life issues step in the way that caused some issues. I ended up loosing my house and having to claim most of my mining gear (roughly 103 GPU's) on insurance to replace it. I am trying to get back up and running and i dont remember why on a Profit Switching Miner, it would try to mine something in Auto mode. I had this issue once before on my main PC i had awesome miner installed on, but that computer is no longer around and i lost all my settings so i am setting things back up. For right now im just trying to mine on Zpool.ca using the auto profit switching mode in AM, but when i add Skein to the list of ones to mine, it is loading up as Auto and doesnt do anything but receive packets..

If someone could help me out, i just need to figure this out so i can add it back to the list of algo's to use. for right now i have it disabled.

Thanks in advance

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
SickTricky

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:04:21 PM

http://

With a normal batch file it mines perfect with amd
its based on sgminer but with some sort of fix for amd.
If it can be added as a miner in the list amd can neoscrypt. which tops the profitability list quite a lot.

trying to run in managed profit miner.
I added it to the software list and it wants to start but the --algorithm arguments keeps it from running.

nsgminer-win64-0.9.2

bat file -

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
nsgminer.exe --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 16 -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:17012 -O username.minername:x
pause

end bat file

I think i got it working

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg557/sicktricky/18455441-478c-4e82-8c1b-804d6b50e001_zps8mm4vnvi.jpg
STSMiner

Activity: 269
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:23:01 PM

Patrike,

Feature Request

If so, can I post the info / details here and get feedback from others in this thread ?

What is the expected behavior of a secondary profit profile here? You can add your own profiles in Options dialog, Profit profile section. A single miner can only reference a single profit profile.

You can share any ideas in the thread here, because it's always good to get opinion from more people on these kind of ideas. Thanks!

OK, here goes, I take it that the Profit Profile works on fiat profit -- ie USD ($) of the coins, correct me if I am wrong.

So here is the secondary Profit Profile idea.

1/ The Profit Profile scans the BTC exchange value of the algorithms that you have selected to mine on said pool and switches to the algorithm that pays the most in uBTC regardless of the $ profit, the uBTC profit should override here in this case even if the dollar amount is $0.04 or $10.00 as the uBTC amount is what we are looking for, not the $ amount.

For example -- Bitcore @ ZPOOL >> Under the POOL tab for this algo, the profit* in uBTC is 0.01732
* 24h estimation from net difficulty in mBTC/MH/day (in PH for sha256 & GH for blake, decred, x11, quark, qubit, kS for equihash)

Below is another example, I mined the blake2s algo and earned this below

BlakeStar (blake2s)
0.518452 BLAS  << This is the amount earned / mined in this coin
0.216%
0.00019704   <<< This is the uBTC amount earned, this will be paid to my BTC wallet address thats been given with the c=BTC command, you can add this to a custom pool in Awesome Miner.

c=BTC << this is added to the password field in the custom pool in Awesome Miner.

-a m7m -o stratum+tcp://m7m.mine.zpool.ca:6033 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS_HERE> -p c=BTC

So say this is the most profitable algo to mine in terms of uBTC profit regardless of the $ profit, Awesome Miner should switch to that algo and mine it.
Awesome Miner then rescans the Algorithms to find the next most profitable one in terms of uBTC when exchanged and not the $ amount.

ZPOOL allows you to set the symbol that you want to be paid in ...eg c=BTC, this is the only pool that I have found that lets you pick the payment option with the correct wallet address for that payment.

2/ If someone wants to be paid in say DASH or any other coin (c=<symbol> eg c=BTX or c=DASH etc) and input the correct wallet address for that symbol, the Profit Profile looks to see what algorithm pays the most in the payout coin (c=DASH) for example to a DASH wallet.

Say someone wants to boost their DASH wallet with some earnings, which algo would be best to do this when exchanged out ?
ie... Awesome Miner checks for this and mines the algo that's worth more in DASH vs other coins when exchanged by the pool (ZPOOL).

Thoughts ?

Turok2000

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:00:07 PM

Good afternoon.
Here are the old requests for which I did not receive an answer:

1. See the photo. Add this for each farm and you can select wallets and pools for each miner separately!!
2. The most ancient mistake that you do not eliminate. Your program sees that my farm consists of 4 maps and why if one card when the transition from one algorithm to another died the farm does not reboot - it's elementary - there were 4 cards became 3 means you need to reboot.
3. Still the same ancient trouble arises with ccmainer Alexis - when in the manner of the error occurs, the error message is displayed. In this case, mining stops and the program does nothing until I manually click on this error on the farm (((

1.  I'm not sure what we are looking at here.  The first picture shows that you are using a custom pool group for profit mining, and the second picture is showing an empty override directly on the Managed Profit Miner.  You would want to leave the override empty, unless you wanted this particular Managed Profit Miner to do something different from the global settings.  Or are you pointing out that the override is missing the option for a custom pool group?

2.  I think you should troubleshoot why you have a card that is dying first.  Do you have adequate power from your PSU?  How many watts is it?  Do you use risers?  Have you tried moving the risers around to see if the problem follows the riser?  Do you have your overclock or underclock settings set too far out of range for the new algorithm when it switches to it?

3.  What does the error message say?  You may want to set a rule that if hashrate falls below a threshold then to reboot the computer.  This may help with your missing GPU problem in #2 above as well.  Make sure that you set the Managed Miner, or the Managed Profit Miner to autostart so that it will resume mining after the reboot.

1. Yes, the override is missing the option for a custom pool group. Please add as this is a very necessary option.
2. This problem occurs when you go from one algorithm to another. MSIAfterburnerRemoteServer not on all farms, I get into autoloading ((the system either removes it or just does not start it in autorun.) I think eventually you will find a durable replacement for MSIAfterburner and build control into the body of your program.In the meantime, I ask you to add to the monitoring section the ability to determine how many cards are working and if one of them has shut down to reboot the system!
1) "Add to worker name" can be set individually for each Manage Profit Miner. It will however only change the last part of the worker name. Your request is about changing the full worker name?
2) Detection of missing GPU (change from 4 to 3 all of a sudden) is very high on the priority list. I know you have requested this in the past, but I do get a very large number of requests for feature right now so I'm trying to prioritize everything.

1. I'm trying to solve a problem when I need to use different wallets on the same pool groups
2. Many thanks, I will wait.
3. The solution with the hashrate analysis failed because there is simply no data (the row on the given farm remains empty) with this error.
davemanet

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:14:42 PM

Hi All, I'm switching to AwesomeMiner from SMOS.  I was wondering: for overclocking, is it easy to do with AwesomeMiner settings?  Do I have to also have MSI Afterburner?

I am trying to keep my setup as simple as possible and prefer to not use MSI Afterburner if I don't have to.
ledu_ico

Activity: 1250
Merit: 100

Education-Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 11:19:13 PM

Not sure if anyone asked but is there going to be a mac version of the miner or is it working on mac too?

Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 02:43:22 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 03:33:46 AM by Storx

Anyone ever have issue with Awesome Miner itself constantly crashing when just open.. i have uninstalled it and downloaded it again and installed with no change. Little confused what is causing it to crash. Its the only software crashing on the computer.

Update:

I have narrowed it down to what is causing the crashing event to occur, so for some reason Profit Miners cause it to crash continuously, i noticed this because when i got mad at it crashing, i decided to start deleting stuff i recently added to the software to see if one of those things were bugging it out, as soon as i removed ALL profit miners from my miners list, it stopped crashing is allowing me to continue to use the software on managed and external miners actively running. The minute i add a profit manager and do nothing else, it will crash a few minutes later and occur over and over tell i remove it again.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:51:12 AM

1.  I don't think that would matter.  If you make the global setting as the custom pool group then all rigs will use the custom pool group unless you override with Nicehash, Zpool, or MiningPoolHub.  The logic still works.  Let's say you have 3 rigs, if you only wanted one to use the custom pool group, make the custom pool group the global default.  Then on the other two rigs set them to Nicehash or something else in the override.

puwaha

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:06:51 AM

Hello Guys,

Its been a while since ive been actively on here, had some life issues step in the way that caused some issues. I ended up loosing my house and having to claim most of my mining gear (roughly 103 GPU's) on insurance to replace it. I am trying to get back up and running and i dont remember why on a Profit Switching Miner, it would try to mine something in Auto mode. I had this issue once before on my main PC i had awesome miner installed on, but that computer is no longer around and i lost all my settings so i am setting things back up. For right now im just trying to mine on Zpool.ca using the auto profit switching mode in AM, but when i add Skein to the list of ones to mine, it is loading up as Auto and doesnt do anything but receive packets..

If someone could help me out, i just need to figure this out so i can add it back to the list of algo's to use. for right now i have it disabled.

Thanks in advance

Sorry to hear about this Storx!

Since you are just getting back into using AM, you should run the new Benchmark feature in AM, and save the results as a Profit Profile.  Then you assign the newly created Profit Profile to the rig as a Managed Profit Miner (or a plain Managed Miner if you were wanting to mine a single coin.)  These hashrates will help AM determine what will be most profitable.  If you just want to mine at Zpool, only select Zpool as the profit switching service.  You should leave all the algos selected so that AM can use it if Zpool says it's the most profitable.  AM takes the information that Zpool says is most profitable, and calculates how your hashrate will perform and then put you on the most profitable.

I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't do anything but receive packets."  Can you explain this a bit more?
puwaha

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:22:22 AM

Patrike,

Feature Request

OK, here goes, I take it that the Profit Profile works on fiat profit -- ie USD ($) of the coins, correct me if I am wrong.

1/ The Profit Profile scans the BTC exchange value of the algorithms that you have selected to mine on said pool and switches to the algorithm that pays the most in uBTC regardless of the $ profit, the uBTC profit should override here in this case even if the dollar amount is $0.04 or $10.00 as the uBTC amount is what we are looking for, not the $ amount.

For example -- Bitcore @ ZPOOL >> Under the POOL tab for this algo, the profit* in uBTC is 0.01732
* 24h estimation from net difficulty in mBTC/MH/day (in PH for sha256 & GH for blake, decred, x11, quark, qubit, kS for equihash)

BlakeStar (blake2s)
0.518452 BLAS  << This is the amount earned / mined in this coin
0.216%
0.00019704   <<< This is the uBTC amount earned, this will be paid to my BTC wallet address thats been given with the c=BTC command, you can add this to a custom pool in Awesome Miner.

c=BTC << this is added to the password field in the custom pool in Awesome Miner.

-a m7m -o stratum+tcp://m7m.mine.zpool.ca:6033 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS_HERE> -p c=BTC

So say this is the most profitable algo to mine in terms of uBTC profit regardless of the $ profit, Awesome Miner should switch to that algo and mine it.
Awesome Miner then rescans the Algorithms to find the next most profitable one in terms of uBTC when exchanged and not the $ amount.

ZPOOL allows you to set the symbol that you want to be paid in ...eg c=BTC, this is the only pool that I have found that lets you pick the payment option with the correct wallet address for that payment.

2/ If someone wants to be paid in say DASH or any other coin (c=<symbol> eg c=BTX or c=DASH etc) and input the correct wallet address for that symbol, the Profit Profile looks to see what algorithm pays the most in the payout coin (c=DASH) for example to a DASH wallet.

Say someone wants to boost their DASH wallet with some earnings, which algo would be best to do this when exchanged out ?
ie... Awesome Miner checks for this and mines the algo that's worth more in DASH vs other coins when exchanged by the pool (ZPOOL).

Thoughts ?

I think I'm following here, you want AM to be able to set the C=XXX code for Zpool based on what is currently the coin that has the best conversion rate to BTC?  This would be a complex setup, as AM would have to constantly be scanning an exchange and doing comparisons in order to change the c=XXX code.  And in order to change the c=XXX code, it would have to stop the miner and restart it.  Now, you know with the huge number of coins on Zpool, that this will fluctuate constantly, even if you used a 24 hour average... and more importantly, the exchange does not happen instantly at Zpool.  By the time Zpool sends your mined coins to the exchange, the exchange rate could be vastly different than what AM was calculating at the time of mining.

I'm still trying to understand the reasoning behind a second profit profile though.  The profit profile just establishes how much hashrate you have and how much power you use for those algos.  I guess you could have a second profile to ignore certain algos, but I don't know how AM would know to pick one over the other?  What conditions would be necessary to switch profit profiles?  The scenarios you mentioned in your examples would be an alternate logic stream option in the Managed Profit Miner, not in the Profit Profile.

I like where your thinking was going, but the exchange timing issues I mention above will probably defeat your expectations.
puwaha

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:33:11 AM

1. I'm trying to solve a problem when I need to use different wallets on the same pool groups
3. The solution with the hashrate analysis failed because there is simply no data (the row on the given farm remains empty) with this error.

1.  Now I understand what you are trying to do.  You want to be able to set a custom pool group per Managed Profit Miner.  Yes, this would need to be added by Patrike to the override section in the Managed Profit Miner.
puwaha

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:36:38 AM

Hi All, I'm switching to AwesomeMiner from SMOS.  I was wondering: for overclocking, is it easy to do with AwesomeMiner settings?  Do I have to also have MSI Afterburner?

I am trying to keep my setup as simple as possible and prefer to not use MSI Afterburner if I don't have to.

Yes, you will have to install the Afterburner Server on your rig, so that AM can control your GPU settings.  Some mining software can control GPU settings as well, so you could apply custom command line options if the mining software supports it.
Turok2000

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:49:14 AM

1.  Now I understand what you are trying to do.  You want to be able to set a custom pool group per Managed Profit Miner.  Yes, this would need to be added by Patrike to the override section in the Managed Profit Miner.

1. Finally we understood each other))) I really look forward to these updates in the program.
STSMiner

Activity: 269
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:09:04 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 06:07:48 PM by STSMiner

Patrike,

Feature Request

1/ The Profit Profile scans the BTC exchange value of the algorithms that you have selected to mine on said pool and switches to the algorithm that pays the most in uBTC regardless of the $ profit, the mBTC profit should override here in this case even if the dollar amount is $0.04 or $10.00 as the mBTC amount is what we are looking for, not the $ amount.

For example -- Bitcore @ ZPOOL >> Under the POOL tab for this algo, the profit* in mBTC is 0.01732

BlakeStar (blake2s)
0.518452 BLAS  << This is the amount earned / mined in this coin
0.216%
0.00019704   <<< This is the uBTC amount earned, this will be paid to my BTC wallet address thats been given with the c=BTC command, you can add this to a custom pool in Awesome Miner.

So say this is the most profitable algo to mine in terms of mBTC profit regardless of the $ profit, Awesome Miner should switch to that algo and mine it.

Thoughts ?

I think I'm following here, you want AM to be able to set the C=XXX code for Zpool based on what is currently the coin that has the best conversion rate to BTC?  This would be a complex setup, as AM would have to constantly be scanning an exchange and doing comparisons in order to change the c=XXX code.  And in order to change the c=XXX code, it would have to stop the miner and restart it.  Now, you know with the huge number of coins on Zpool, that this will fluctuate constantly, even if you used a 24 hour average... and more importantly, the exchange does not happen instantly at Zpool.  By the time Zpool sends your mined coins to the exchange, the exchange rate could be vastly different than what AM was calculating at the time of mining.

I'm still trying to understand the reasoning behind a second profit profile though.  The profit profile just establishes how much hashrate you have and how much power you use for those algos.  I guess you could have a second profile to ignore certain algos, but I don't know how AM would know to pick one over the other?  What conditions would be necessary to switch profit profiles?  The scenarios you mentioned in your examples would be an alternate logic stream option in the Managed Profit Miner, not in the Profit Profile.

I like where your thinking was going, but the exchange timing issues I mention above will probably defeat your expectations.

I think I'm following here, you want AM to be able to set the C=XXX code for Zpool based on what is currently the coin that has the best conversion rate to BTC?  

Your close, more details below.

The c=symbol is set by the user with the correct wallet address for that symbol. This will be how you are paid, ie, c=BTX + your bitcore wallet address.

Custom pools and pool groups need to be made for this to work. The pre-defined pools do not allow the user to define the c=symbol and add the correct wallet for that symbol.

Forgot to add -- This is for a 'My Profit Miner' and not a 'Managed Miner'.

Week 1
Say I wanted to be paid in Dash for this week -- Custom pools need to be made for all the algo's
Awesome Miner - My Profit Miner -- Mines the algo's that gives me the best conversion to the c=symbol and not the fiat ($) profit of the algo that's mined.
(c=DASH + Dash wallet address)

Week 2
Say I wanted to be paid in Hush this week -- Custom pools need to be made for all the algo's
Awesome Miner - My Profit Miner -- Mines the algo's that gives me the best conversion to the c=symbol and not the fiat ($) profit of the algo that's mined.
(c=HUSH + Hush wallet address)

Week 3
A new payout coin --- any coin of your choice + the wallet for that coin. Custom pools need to be made for all the algo's
(Please see below for more details from ZPOOL for the c=<symbol>)
(c=<symbol> + the wallet address for that symbol)

Awesome Miner scans for whatever algo pays the best in each coin for each day (or week) based on the algo / coins exchange rate for the c=symbol for that day (or week) and not for the fiat ($) profit of that algo / coin.

A 'My Profit Miner' is setup so that it auto switches to the best algo so that when it's exchanged to the c=<symbol> is worth more in that coin (the payout symbol).

I've been testing this manually with a 'Managed Miner' I've had to take the time to see what algo's pay the best in the coin that I want to be paid in (BTC) and not fiat ($), the fiat ($) profit (gain / loss) is ignored, the mBTC profit is what I am looking for here.
This has taken me two weeks to get it right, I've had to watch the mBTC profit of all the algo's on ZPOOL and manually switch to them, it's a lot of work.

Now if Awesome Miner can be set to do the same thing with a 'My Profit Miner' that would take out the human factor.

Custom pools have been made to allow me to set the payment symbol and any other commands like difficulty etc.

These are my stats mining with 2 small rigs with the c=symbol set to BTC. (1x 1060 rig) (2 x 1070 rig) All the earnings in BTC have been done manually here for the last two weeks based on the above example(s) of mBTC profit over fiat ($) profit.
http://zpool.ca/?address=1BmzTnQkX3wAD8bWmao4NzT7k4nQyEyC3n

ZPOOL --- c=<symbol>

STRATUM SERVERS
-o stratum+tcp://<algo>.mine.zpool.ca:<PORT> -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> [-p c=<SYMBOL>,<OPTIONS>]
<WALLET_ADDRESS> must be a valid BTC address. Incorrect addresses will result in forfit of earning.
You can also use any valid wallet address from any of the coins we mine. This feature has had minimal testing so use at your own risk
YOU MUST ALWAYS set your currency in your password field: c=<SYMBOL>. The pool has mined hundreds of different coins and many have the same address version. We CAN NOT read your mind and possible know what currency you want. If no c=<SYMBOL> is set, your currency will be randomly chosen from any matching coins we have used. This HAS TO BE A REAL EXCHANGE SYMBOL. Do not use a symbol that has an <ALGO> added. Such as XVG-blake2s or AUR-sha or DGB-skein, these are ALL WRONG. These are used only for the pool to support multi-algo coins.
c=<SYMBOL> doesn't always work. However, if you fail to correct this and/or continue mining with the wrong currency detected you will NOT be able to change to the proper currency once an actual balance has been posted to the address.

(More info may be added, please feel free to revisit this post to check).
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: