Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:40:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:31:39 PM

This is very likely fake but imagine the butthurt on reddit if Satoshi came out against block increase  Cheesy Cheesy
No, I and most of the redditers paying attention are not looking to win an ego battle we judge on merit. Satoshi would need to revise his original design intent and illustrate how limiting the block size with benefits either vision.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:32:40 PM

XT nodes moving up quickly. 

despite a tighter chart filter measuring ONLY hard bigger block acceptance via 0.11A which knocked down the # measured nodes earlier this morning from 207 --> 80'ish, by this afternoon the # is back up to 206 currently.

btw: (I'm not sure if you understand the problem)
It is not about number of XT nodes. It is about how many block are mined by XT nodes. (what is the total hash power of XT nodes)
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:35:31 PM

despite a tighter chart filter measuring ONLY hard bigger block acceptance via 0.11A which knocked down the # measured nodes earlier this morning from 207 --> 80'ish, by this afternoon the # is back up to 206 currently.

It is not about number of XT nodes. It is about how many block are mined by XT nodes. (what is the total hash power of XT nodes)

So you don't think the nodes have any purpose? Well a miner can do whatever he wants, but if the block he creates is not sanctioned by the nodes, his block reward is no good.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:36:30 PM

it's an important metric of sentiment, as i've said all along.  not to mention of validation/relaying infrastructure.  miners will be watching it carefully to make their own decisions.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:39:32 PM

even Emin Sirer gets it:

https://twitter.com/el33th4xor/status/632687580753084416
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 11:40:21 PM

[..]

In the remote possiblity XT becomes a matter of more importance than the hype, mirth, and scorn it generates at present, MPex and other 1MBer Elder Whales are prepared to use substantial (possibly exhaustive) portions of their extraordinarily massive war chests to repel 8MBer attacks.  To them, this is Holy War, with barbarian Gavinista hordes clamouring for a Free Shit Junta at the gates of their bespoke civilization.  They are more of a mood to impale heads atop spikes than reward with compromise Hearn's attacks on decentralization, Tor, and the consensus process.

[...]

So you suggest the Elder Whales will buy up bitcoins from their stash of xtcoins? Just like a central bank would do? Well that is going to be interesting. But there is a risk of losing it all, so I would not bet that it plays out that way.

What are you smoking, crack?  Elder Whales exercising their GavinCoin Short option is nothing like what central banks do.  Your confused, sketchy understanding of the situation continues to surprise and baffle me with its surreal assumptions and bizarre conclusions.   Cheesy

So how do they defend the cripplecoin. Pitchforks?

This is one way to defend Bitcoin from XTcoin: The GavinCoin Short.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:43:11 PM

[..]

In the remote possiblity XT becomes a matter of more importance than the hype, mirth, and scorn it generates at present, MPex and other 1MBer Elder Whales are prepared to use substantial (possibly exhaustive) portions of their extraordinarily massive war chests to repel 8MBer attacks.  To them, this is Holy War, with barbarian Gavinista hordes clamouring for a Free Shit Junta at the gates of their bespoke civilization.  They are more of a mood to impale heads atop spikes than reward with compromise Hearn's attacks on decentralization, Tor, and the consensus process.

[...]

So you suggest the Elder Whales will buy up bitcoins from their stash of xtcoins? Just like a central bank would do? Well that is going to be interesting. But there is a risk of losing it all, so I would not bet that it plays out that way.

What are you smoking, crack?  Elder Whales exercising their GavinCoin Short option is nothing like what central banks do.  Your confused, sketchy understanding of the situation continues to surprise and baffle me with its surreal assumptions and bizarre conclusions.   Cheesy

That's FTLDR.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:43:17 PM

it's an important metric of sentiment, as i've said all along.  not to mention of validation/relaying infrastructure.  miners will be watching it carefully to make their own decisions.

75% of total hash power has a merit. What is the current % ?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 11:46:04 PM

You better figure out how to work manual coin control.

Because I have a feeling your hoard of LeBron coins may be inexplicably tainted enhanced by thousands of small GavinCoin "gifts."

Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 11:49:06 PM

[..]

In the remote possiblity XT becomes a matter of more importance than the hype, mirth, and scorn it generates at present, MPex and other 1MBer Elder Whales are prepared to use substantial (possibly exhaustive) portions of their extraordinarily massive war chests to repel 8MBer attacks.  To them, this is Holy War, with barbarian Gavinista hordes clamouring for a Free Shit Junta at the gates of their bespoke civilization.  They are more of a mood to impale heads atop spikes than reward with compromise Hearn's attacks on decentralization, Tor, and the consensus process.

[...]

What are you smoking, crack?  Elder Whales exercising their GavinCoin Short option is nothing like what central banks do.  Your confused, sketchy understanding of the situation continues to surprise and baffle me with its surreal assumptions and bizarre conclusions.   Cheesy

That's FTLDR.

Are you smoking crack? It's like a few paragraphs.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:49:46 PM

Big middle finger to iCEBLOW, brg444, tvbcof, and MOA:

You know I couldn't wait for this one heh  Grin

Market reaction to XT fork   Shocked

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:49:52 PM

Well if you cripplecoin guys can scale bitcoin from 7 tps to 14 tps by a brilliant code optimization, we the gigaboys can use the exact same patch to scale from 7 Gtps to 14 Gtps. Life is good!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 11:53:58 PM

Well if you cripplecoin guys can scale bitcoin from 7 tps to 14 tps by a brilliant code optimization, we the gigaboys can use the exact same patch to scale from 7 Gtps to 14 Gtps. Life is good!

Allow me to introduce to you the law of diminishing returns.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:54:45 PM

[..]

In the remote possiblity XT becomes a matter of more importance than the hype, mirth, and scorn it generates at present, MPex and other 1MBer Elder Whales are prepared to use substantial (possibly exhaustive) portions of their extraordinarily massive war chests to repel 8MBer attacks.  To them, this is Holy War, with barbarian Gavinista hordes clamouring for a Free Shit Junta at the gates of their bespoke civilization.  They are more of a mood to impale heads atop spikes than reward with compromise Hearn's attacks on decentralization, Tor, and the consensus process.

[...]

What are you smoking, crack?  Elder Whales exercising their GavinCoin Short option is nothing like what central banks do.  Your confused, sketchy understanding of the situation continues to surprise and baffle me with its surreal assumptions and bizarre conclusions.   Cheesy

That's FTLDR.

It's about 20 pagedowns on my screen. The word short is nowhere to be found. What do you take me for? It is an insult. Not that I care. Anyway it is UFTLDR. (Utterly fucking too long, didn't read).

Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:55:18 PM

The "populism of the 1MBers" is not your concern.

Your concern is the multi-year duration and multi-billion-dollar magnitude of Bitcoin's current economic majority.

Are you going to be the first brave fellow to defect from that imposing majority by accepting Gavin-tainted XTcoins?  No?  Then you are just a poser.

Are you still sure you want to risk your tiny stash playing Hard Fork Poker with such ultra-high-rollers?

Before you answer, please take into account that nodes by default prioritize tx moving older coins, and the Royalty of La Serenissima possesses, in great quantities, very old coins.

What will you do when the limit isn't raised within the next 12 months?  Continue to cry wolf?  Self harm? Or admit being wrong?   Wink

You know iCE, I also am concerned by the idea of a hostile fork, but reading your propaganda it just dawned on me that the only hostilities are coming from people like you. Everyone of any worth agrees we need to increase the block size, it's just there is a hostile minority who feel they are in power who are wanting to pick a fight.

Accommodating bigger blocks over a 12 month period given Bitcoin's exponential growth is not a hostile act, it's not rushing in a controversial change, it's a practical prudent approach.

You are part of the minority who are making it controversial and calling it hostile. I just don't see why you're opposed to letting Bitcoin grow free of manipulation and control.

I am only describing the battlefield and war gaming possible outcomes.  Those purely verbal speculative actions are not "hostilities."

This is what "a hostile minority who feel they are in power who are wanting to pick a fight" actually looks like:

https://medium.com/@octskyward/why-is-bitcoin-forking-d647312d22c1
thanks for the link, I hadn't read it yet. I though for a second that maybe it was aggressive and that maybe it was worth censoring but no, it's very practical and his opening sentence kills the debate and his authority right out the gate. (Not kill in a hostile way)

Anyway please spread the word, we need to orphan those cripplecoiners blocks as soon as possible, that's how the protocol works. If you feel I overlook something here excluding Gmax and Back's ego, please explain how and why you feel this is hostile?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 11:56:07 PM

Big middle finger to iCEBLOW, brg444, tvbcof, and MOA:

You know I couldn't wait for this one heh  Grin

Market reaction to XT fork   Shocked

Revenge is a dish best served "iCEBLOW" cold.   Grin

#REKT

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:01:19 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 12:14:55 AM by Adrian-x

The real Satoshi has never signed anything.

Can more people corroborate this? I am not familiar with his public history too much.

That writing is not Satoshi it lack understand of how Bitcoin works. If anything Satoshi would just clarify how he though his imposed limit should be dealt with.

You seem so sure.

In any case, I think the messenger supported the block increase if and only if full consensus for such a fork was achieved meritoriously.

I'm confidant with the information I have, my mind is flexible on the subject. If there is information I don't have, the people supporting limiting the block size should present it.

This Satoshi email dose not reflect an understanding of the issue being debated.

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 12:02:38 AM

[..]

[...]

That's FTLDR.

It's about 20 pagedowns on my screen. The word short is nowhere to be found. What do you take me for? It is an insult. Not that I care. Anyway it is UFTLDR. (Utterly fucking too long, didn't read).

lol only with a crack-addled attention span...
I'm on an iPhone in landscape mode and the post itself is 3-4 page downs.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 12:05:14 AM

206, that's winning. The cripplecoiners had better declare unconditional surrender.

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 12:07:05 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 05:32:19 AM by vokain

The real Satoshi has never signed anything.

Can more people corroborate this? I am not familiar with his public history too much.

That writing is not Satoshi it lack understand of how Bitcoin works. If anything Satoshi would just clarify how he though his imposed limit should be dealt with.

You seem so sure.

In any case, I think the messenger supported the block increase if and only if full consensus for such a fork was achieved meritoriously.

I'm confidant with the information I have, my mine is flexible on the subject. If there is information I don't have the people supporting limiting the block size should present it.

This Satoshi email dose not reflect an understanding of the issue being debated.

I'm happy to hear.

Well, to me, personally, the issue the past recent while is not concerning the block size fork but rather the manner of implementing such a fork.
Pages: « 1 ... 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: