Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:33:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312485 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:25:09 AM

I find it difficult to imagine a scenario in which XMR goes to zero.  I find it difficult to imagine a situation in which XMR sees a dip below 0.0014 for more than a few hours (dumping case) or days (major technical issue case), for that matter.  Not just now, but forever.  What do you imagine that could do it, short of a full-on criminalization of the technology?  Any technical issue will be fixed in short order, if not by core, then by others.  Even full-on criminalization will be a short-term hurdle, when I2P integration is effective.  To say it probably will go to zero seems ludicrous to me.

Most cryptos if not all will go to zero eventually. Will monero be one of the MAYBE 2-3 that survive? Possibly.
It's better to think this way than be blinded like some of the other coin fans(you know who I mean) that today think they are taking over the world.

I do think it has a much (like multiples) higher chance to not go to zero than most other coins, and I'm basing that on an assessment of the project more than anything else. Still multiples of a small number is a small number so...

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:13:43 AM

I also emailed everyone I (personally) know about Monero in November when MyMonero launched. Offered them free monero if they signed up but nobody did it. Now I followed up again the other day, and this is the only response I got. (from a a smart professional person)

Code:
"I'm moving to the desert to do drugs and leaving all technology behind."

Monero is still a difficult pitch for the average person that doesn't care about privacy, doesn't use bitcoin yet, etc.

Investors are needed for Monero.
I am convinced in the world exists money enough to buy up the Monero and rise the marketcap significiantly. The problem is to find those people.
A good way to make money is to try to find local rich people's contact details and start contacting them (not explaining things in technical jargon but in the language of average Joe), then find the right people and sell them coins with markup which is your salary.
You might get nice hourly wage in this way by the way. Just tell them you are not accepting less than 30 000 usd investments per person.  Grin

This is kind of a morally depraved way of going out about this, just because it reeks of solicitation, an ugly situation to put someone in.

Please could you give some arguments on why is it immoral to sell xmr to millionaires with sums they will even bother to consider investing. You are ridiculing a guy who is worth 1 million usd if you offer him an investment for 1000. Also seller needs comissions and there is not much possible to earn if you are selling only smaller amounts.
qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:30:36 AM

I also emailed everyone I (personally) know about Monero in November when MyMonero launched. Offered them free monero if they signed up but nobody did it. Now I followed up again the other day, and this is the only response I got. (from a a smart professional person)

Code:

Monero is still a difficult pitch for the average person that doesn't care about privacy, doesn't use bitcoin yet, etc.

lol tell him he can buy a boat load of drugs with this in 2020
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:09:09 AM

Here is how a selling is organized in companies often:

You have two type of workers:

1) Booker - comission based salary
2) Salesmen (this case it sounds better for customers if you call the salesmen by name of "broker").

The booker nakes appointments for salesmen and the salesmen sells.
This is very much a game of numbers but also personal skills are good to have. The good news is, one can learn to be a good salesman within 1-2 years if one is willing to put an effort on the learning.
You need to have a psychological sensitivity (to see which kind of arguments will sell this particular person).

Bad sellers sell usually 10 % of their appointments.
Good sellers close 50 % or more of their appointments.

In the beginning the learning curve is pretty steep, but it requires tons of contacts. The more contacts, the more sells.

I suggest to target millionaires since they can afford even lose 30 000+ usd (it is only 3+ % of their networth and often they have used to have some fluctuation in their portfolios).

The most important thing is to be honest and straight. I am sure the customer will ask at some point what are the risks, just tell him the probability of 75 % it will go to 0 and you lose 3 % of your portfolio value (which is not bad for him even if the absolute values might sound bad for us).
Honesty also pays off. When Monero is more developed, those people might be willing to buy even more coins from you.

Also you might offer two type of deals: 1) you agree on a fixed price you sell the coins 2) you marketbuy the coins but you substact or add your comission.
Since most of the sellers are bad in the beginning, 10-20 % comission is perhaps good to take (if you agree the fixed price you need to evaluate the slippage + your comission).

For salesmen I cannot emphasize more to prepare well for the appointment (perhaps the booker can take notes what they were talking about on the phone etc - in this way you can learn what is important probably for the customer).

The good news is: In the world there are more dollar-millionaires than never before in entire human history so there certainly is potential now if never.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 11:14:39 AM

2) Salesmen (this case it sounds better for customers if you call the salesmen by name of "broker").

This is very much a game of numbers but also personal skills are good to have. The good news is, one can learn to be a good salesman within 1-2 years if one is willing to put an effort on the learning.
You need to have a psychological sensitivity (to see which kind of arguments will sell this particular person).

In the beginning the learning curve is pretty steep, but it requires tons of contacts. The more contacts, the more sells.

I suggest to target millionaires since they can afford even lose 30 000+ usd (it is only 3+ % of their networth and often they have used to have some fluctuation in their portfolios).

The most important thing is to be honest and straight. I am sure the customer will ask at some point what are the risks, just tell him the probability of 75 % it will go to 0 and you lose 3 % of your portfolio value (which is not bad for him even if the absolute values might sound bad for us).
Honesty also pays off. When Monero is more developed, those people might be willing to buy even more coins from you.

Also you might offer two type of deals: 1) you agree on a fixed price you sell the coins 2) you marketbuy the coins but you substact or add your comission.
Since most of the sellers are bad in the beginning, 10-20 % comission is perhaps good to take (if you agree the fixed price you need to evaluate the slippage + your comission).

For salesmen I cannot emphasize more to prepare well for the appointment (perhaps the booker can take notes what they were talking about on the phone etc - in this way you can learn what is important probably for the customer).

The good news is: In the world there are more dollar-millionaires than never before in entire human history so there certainly is potential now if never.

That is true. There are a lot of people now with a lot of stupid money. Hooray quantitative easing.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:28:18 AM

That is true. There are a lot of people now with a lot of stupid money. Hooray quantitative easing.

I do not know if it is stupid money.
Usually the stupid people end up to poverty if they have had money at some point.

You are not able to make any money unless you do not take sometimes some serious risk. Monero currently is such risk. As stated here several times, the probability to fail is high but it is not certainity. And if it doesn't fail, it will go through the roof at some point.
Those rich people are well aware that they make money by taking risks (especially if their way to make the fortune is not inheritance but entrepreneurship). Monero is a speculation which only smart people does since the estimate value is high. On the contrary, the masses are stupid and they are gambling the unfair gambles (such as lotteries, futures, options etc).
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:09:21 PM

Someone is trying to manipulate Monero down.. it doest cost that much to buy the wall...  Roll Eyes
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:17:32 PM

I am under the impression that during the last few days XMR has been gently nudged to stay in a holding pattern, not being allowed to rise or fall very much. Maybe to wait out the DRK hype? Or the final touches to the new release?

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 03:53:59 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 04:10:15 PM by vokain

Code:

Investors are needed for Monero.
I am convinced in the world exists money enough to buy up the Monero and rise the marketcap significiantly. The problem is to find those people.
A good way to make money is to try to find local rich people's contact details and start contacting them (not explaining things in technical jargon but in the language of average Joe), then find the right people and sell them coins with markup which is your salary.
You might get nice hourly wage in this way by the way. Just tell them you are not accepting less than 30 000 usd investments per person.  Grin

This is kind of a morally depraved way of going out about this, just because it reeks of solicitation, an ugly situation to put someone in.

Please could you give some arguments on why is it immoral to sell xmr to millionaires with sums they will even bother to consider investing. You are ridiculing a guy who is worth 1 million usd if you offer him an investment for 1000. Also seller needs comissions and there is not much possible to earn if you are selling only smaller amounts.

Look again at your stated intention for finding investors:
"A good way to make money is to try to find local rich people's contact details and start contacting them (not explaining things in technical jargon but in the language of average Joe), then find the right people and sell them coins with markup which is your salary."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this behavior is the antithesis of what the Monero Project is working against. By doing this, one targets those he/she knows are rich, with no respect towards their privacy, primarily to solicit for their money simply because one knows they're rich and already deemed they could live without some amount of this money, without mind towards any other regard. This doesn't even attract the best kind of investor (read: educated) for Monero.

If these rich people did not agree to be solicited for investments, then leave them alone. If you, however, have built up a good reputation for others' wealth management, and people come to you asking for investment advice at their own accord, more power to you.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:25:39 PM

Look again at your stated intention for finding investors:
"A good way to make money is to try to find local rich people's contact details and start contacting them (not explaining things in technical jargon but in the language of average Joe), then find the right people and sell them coins with markup which is your salary."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this behavior is the antithesis of what the Monero Project is working against. By doing this, one targets those he/she knows are rich, with no respect towards their privacy, primarily to solicit for their money simply because one knows they're rich and already deemed they could live without some amount of this money, without mind towards any other regard. This doesn't even attract the best kind of investor (read: educated) for Monero.

If these rich people did not agree to be solicited for investments, then leave them alone. If you, however, have built up a good reputation for others' wealth management, and people come to you asking for investment advice at their own accord, more power to you.

Looks like you tried to read something from my writing that I did not say. The buyers obviously has to be solicitated/interested in owning it. Obviously that is the job of a salesman to find the people who are interested in buying it. Selling to millionaires is not a similar process than selling crab in Jerusalem old city Arab bazars. Who by the way remembered me last time I passed by that I was there a few years earlier (impressive).
The job of a booker is to try to find the potentially interested individuals and the seller's job is to close as many sales as possible.

I dont know what is the original idea of Monero but I certainly hope it is not to be owned by only us.

In my country it is public information how much anyone is taxed and therefore you can easily find the richest by visiting in a tax office. Some countries you need probably to be more sophisticated (like trying to get the contact infos of local golf clubs etc).
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:29:37 PM

I feel very discusted as someone classifies investors to classes of 1. Wanted investors 2. Unwanted investors.

I welcome everybody to the family - including drk community members.
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:21:47 PM

~32k coins bought at .0031 in 2 orders
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:25:08 PM

Ethereum launch is getting closer and closer. If they gain enough liquidity and allow xmr/btc decentralized exchange then I can imagine lot of dirty bitcoins are going to seek a new home in a safe exchange for always untainted new anonymous crypto like Monero.

Ethereum if successful could really increase the global liquidity in the whole crypto once people are allowed to trade without the counter party and security risk of centralized exchanges.

It would mean increasing the velocity of money which leads to inflation. Altcoins should rise.

Correct thinking? I guess Monero and Ethereum is still a bit a distant future Cheesy
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:28:51 PM

Ethereum launch is getting closer and closer. If they gain enough liquidity and allow xmr/btc decentralized exchange then I can imagine lot of dirty bitcoins are going to seek a new home in a safe exchange for always untainted new anonymous crypto like Monero.

Ethereum if successful could really increase the global liquidity in the whole crypto once people are allowed to trade without the counter party and security risk of centralized exchanges.

It would mean increasing the velocity of money which leads to inflation. Altcoins should rise.

Correct thinking? I guess Monero and Ethereum is still a bit a distant future Cheesy

but this could be a closer future (mercury exchange)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946174.0

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:31:48 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this behavior is the antithesis of what the Monero Project is working against.
Then, on the theory that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, it must be very closely aligned with what the project is about, eh?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:39:25 PM

In addition, Atrides is also working on an Openbazaar version for XMR.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Arux

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:51:36 PM

great volume increase the last hours.
is a fraction coming from drk's profit?

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:54:59 PM

Does monero allow for the sort of scripting necessary to do atomic transactions?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:58:51 PM

^
Pretty much what equipoise said. We looked at AT and saw a lot more challenges integrating it with Monero compared to btc-style coins.

That doesn't mean we aren't interested in more powerful transaction facilities, but its bit much to take on right now. Of course, it is an open source project and if others want to do the work we'll consider including it.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:07:53 PM

^
Pretty much what equipoise said. We looked at AT and saw a lot more challenges integrating it with Monero compared to btc-style coins.

That doesn't mean we aren't interested in more powerful transaction facilities, but its bit much to take on right now. Of course, it is an open source project and if others want to do the work we'll consider including it.

Unfortunate but thats the nature of the beast i suppose. It would be hard to do advanced scripting on an opaque blockchain.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: