Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:30:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:14:17 AM

Ck or Dogie or anyone, Can someone explain how to use the Sept 26th Firmware with Cgminer 4.9 with extra nonce?

Installing thru ssh to make sure it stays put thru a reboot???

I wanna be able to use the first firmware with the latest miner so i can use voltage control to downclock my miner.
If this is for the S4 then go here  https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140930114518599JXGHWWD80660  and download this :  initramfs.bin.SD-20141016.tar.gz
It was the last firmware that allowed underclocking  (Oct. 16th 2014).  Go to your gui and navigate to the Miner Configuration tab then the Advanced tab.  At the bottom you can search for where you downloaded the firmware and upload it to the S4.  Miner may reset and when it comes back you may need to reconfigure your pools.  Here gives you some predetermined underclocks  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.0  it's the beginning of this thread pg. 1.  No need to ssh into it as long as you have a windows computer.

Underclocks on that page don't work!
What firmware are you using?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 02:17:29 AM

Ck or Dogie or anyone, Can someone explain how to use the Sept 26th Firmware with Cgminer 4.9 with extra nonce?

I wanna be able to use the first firmware with the latest miner so i can use voltage control to downclock my miner.
If this is for the S4 then go here  https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140930114518599JXGHWWD80660  and download this :  initramfs.bin.SD-20141016.tar.gz
It was the last firmware that allowed underclocking  (Oct. 16th 2014).  Go to your gui and navigate to the Miner Configuration tab then the Advanced tab.  At the bottom you can search for where you downloaded the firmware and upload it to the S4.  Miner may reset and when it comes back you may need to reconfigure your pools.  Here gives you some predetermined underclocks  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.0  it's the beginning of this thread pg. 1.  No need to ssh into it as long as you have a windows computer.

I have used all firmwares...

The best underclock ive been able to achieve was

freq 100
volt 0670

Now that i have gone thru all the underclocks & voltages using a kill o watt

The above said freq & volt dont do anything to change the power output

The 640 watts returned thru the kill o watt is merely the power drop from 740 watts to 640 watts caused by the fans running slower as the machine is running cooler...

Not a true underclock in my book

Please tell me about your underclock settings & what wattage was achieved??

I've been busting these forums butts & bitmains for ages to get something done.

Please tell me u used a kill o watt to prove ur settings!

My current firmware is : Thu Oct 16 15:58:23 CST 2014

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:35:34 AM

I need 4 fan for my asics.
do you recommend this?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Delta-3-9A-violent-fan-12CM-the-best-TFC1212DE-oversized-air-volume-four-wire/787435543.html

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:45:45 AM

The model TFC1212DE is on  the list Bitmain mention when replacing: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199879-Antminer-S4-fan-specification-and-possible-replacement-fans

There are others that push more CFM.  But it is on the list of replacements.
Meech

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:06:32 AM

freq 100
volt 0670

The 640 watts returned thru the kill o watt is merely the power drop from 740 watts to 640 watts caused by the fans running slower as the machine is running cooler...

Anyone want to chime in on this?  My S4 is currently at Bitmain in Denver for repair.
blindminer

Activity: 360
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 04:14:19 AM

thanks.

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:47:37 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ18UDA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 03:03:56 AM

freq 100
volt 0670

Anyone want to chime in on this?  My S4 is currently at Bitmain in Denver for repair.

Meech,

If u had bothered to read the thread in its whole u would know the voltages don't work from page one, I must have made at least 5 comments about voltages & underclocks.

Please do research before chiming in blindly!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
Polivka GmbH

Activity: 135
Merit: 101

Hydromining!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 08:21:14 AM

Hi.

How does one buy spare parts (PSU) for S4 Miners? EU.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:43:37 PM

bought a used Antminer S4.

How do I know which version of the PSU I got ?

thanks.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:30:08 PM

If this is for the S4 then go here  https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140930114518599JXGHWWD80660  and download this :  initramfs.bin.SD-20141016.tar.gz
It was the last firmware that allowed underclocking  (Oct. 16th 2014).  Go to your gui and navigate to the Miner Configuration tab then the Advanced tab.  At the bottom you can search for where you downloaded the firmware and upload it to the S4.  Miner may reset and when it comes back you may need to reconfigure your pools.  Here gives you some predetermined underclocks  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.0  it's the beginning of this thread pg. 1.  No need to ssh into it as long as you have a windows computer.

freq 100
volt 0670

Anyone want to chime in on this?  My S4 is currently at Bitmain in Denver for repair.

Meech,

If u had bothered to read the thread in its whole u would know the voltages don't work from page one, I must have made at least 5 comments about voltages & underclocks.

If the S4 does not support Undervolting, I do not have one, then it's a great pity as unlike the other Bitmain products it has the chips that should support it. Namely the TPS53631  3-Phase VR12.5/VR12 SVID compliant PWM controller. This is designed to support processors with a core voltage range from 0.5-V to 2.5-V and is fully programmable.

Examination of the circuit should reveal if programming is supported although this is complicated by the fact that the data sheet is not generally available. This is what you get to on the TI website.

This device is designed specifically to power Intel processors under a strict disclosure agreement with Intel Corporation.
The end user must have a current CNDA in place with Intel Corporation to access this information.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:45:47 PM

If this is for the S4 then go here  https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720140930114518599JXGHWWD80660  and download this :  initramfs.bin.SD-20141016.tar.gz
It was the last firmware that allowed underclocking  (Oct. 16th 2014).  Go to your gui and navigate to the Miner Configuration tab then the Advanced tab.  At the bottom you can search for where you downloaded the firmware and upload it to the S4.  Miner may reset and when it comes back you may need to reconfigure your pools.  Here gives you some predetermined underclocks  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.0  it's the beginning of this thread pg. 1.  No need to ssh into it as long as you have a windows computer.

freq 100
volt 0670

Anyone want to chime in on this?  My S4 is currently at Bitmain in Denver for repair.

Meech,

If the S4 does not support Undervolting, I do not have one, then it's a great pity as unlike the other Bitmain products it has the chips that should support it. Namely the TPS53631  3-Phase VR12.5/VR12 SVID compliant PWM controller. This is designed to support processors with a core voltage range from 0.5-V to 2.5-V and is fully programmable.

Examination of the circuit should reveal if programming is supported although this is complicated by the fact that the data sheet is not generally available. This is what you get to on the TI website.

This device is designed specifically to power Intel processors under a strict disclosure agreement with Intel Corporation.
The end user must have a current CNDA in place with Intel Corporation to access this information.

Rich

Rich,

The S4 used to support voltage adjustments before it was intentionally gimped. Please see these posts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.msg10979848#msg10979848

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.msg10983964#msg10983964
Kexkey

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:54:16 PM

thanks.

Hey there HerbPean!  If you see "APLUSPOWER" on a sticker on a side of the PSU, it's the second version.

But the second version is not a lot better than the first one, they are dying one by one, slowly...  Sad

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:58:06 PM

thanks.

Hey there HerbPean!  If you see "APLUSPOWER" on a sticker on a side of the PSU, it's the second version.

But the second version is not a lot better than the first one, they are dying one by one, slowly...  Sad

Yep. Both versions are garbage. Might as well replace it now and avoid downtime.
Meech

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 10:28:32 PM

freq 100
volt 0670

Meech,

Wasn't blindly chiming in but trying to point you to the info.  I do not need to read the whole thread because I'm not underclocking mine.  I was giving you my best advice.  But since you read the whole thread .... theres your answer .... case closed...thank you.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:07:47 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 09:16:42 PM by HerbPean

thanks.

Hey there HerbPean!  If you see "APLUSPOWER" on a sticker on a side of the PSU, it's the second version.

But the second version is not a lot better than the first one, they are dying one by one, slowly...  Sad

Yep. Both versions are garbage. Might as well replace it now and avoid downtime.

Thanks for the info guys,

Any good cheap replacement  ?

Prelude, did you get my PM ? (About the fan replacement)
Kexkey

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

Smile while thinking.

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:16:39 PM

thanks.

Hey there HerbPean!  If you see "APLUSPOWER" on a sticker on a side of the PSU, it's the second version.

But the second version is not a lot better than the first one, they are dying one by one, slowly...  Sad

Thanks for the info guys,

Any good cheap replacement  ?

Prelude, did you get my PM ? (About the fan replacement)

While fixing one of my s4's PSU, I connected it with 2 s1 PSU's and it worked well.  I'd guess on the total of 1400W per s4, 600W per board and the rest for the controller should be ok.  Just try to distribute the power equally, and make sure there's more power on the hashing boards than the controller.  Of course you won't be able to close the cover...

This digital signature is not a digital signature.
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:43:55 AM

Can someone explain what the J7 controller is on the S4??

Is the miner basically made up of 4 miners or boards chained together??

My understanding is the J7 has some sort of current issue causing it to run at 0765 volt instead of 0725.

Now as this is an issue & some of us are trying to underclock our machines to get a better voltage off it, Is it possible to disconnect the J7 so that the machine will run at the lower clock / voltage??

Just a thought???

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:47:28 AM

freq 100
volt 0670

Meech,

Wasn't blindly chiming in but trying to point you to the info.  I do not need to read the whole thread because I'm not underclocking mine.  I was giving you my best advice.  But since you read the whole thread .... theres your answer .... case closed...thank you.

I have read all the 100 plus pages of this thread & have read all the info...

To me if u don't know the actual answer then chiming in doesn't assist me at all... Speculation is best left in the speculation thread!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
Meech

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:12:53 PM

If you read all the pages then you would have had your answer and noticed everyone still believes it's possible even though Bitmain has taken that ability away it seems.  If you want a true answer hit up dogie.  Quit talking smack about people trying to help.
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: