Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:07:48 PM

Is that smits software for voltage control available somewhere? From the chart i believe you can undervolt just a tiny bit and still run at stock/setting speed but with less watt?

No, it isn't. Back in the day no one wanted to chip in to support his efforts to fix bitmain's crippled firmware, so only I got it. Any firmware after the October S4 firmware has the voltage control intentionally disabled by bitmain.

So you're saying that the smits's/Nicehash firmware for S4 for lower fan speed and cgminer 4.9.0 works, they just don't include voltage control? Still sound a bit vindictive to punish people who were not involved at that time even if they offer to pitch in now.

If you want to complain, complain to bitmain. They're the ones who fucked everyone over with their bullshit functionality removing S4 firmware updates. They just fucked S4+ owners over with an firmware update again. Smit didn't receive a single satoshi from S4 owners aside from myself. I'd have told them to fuck off too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:12:21 PM

Is that smits software for voltage control available somewhere? From the chart i believe you can undervolt just a tiny bit and still run at stock/setting speed but with less watt?

No, it isn't. Back in the day no one wanted to chip in to support his efforts to fix bitmain's crippled firmware, so only I got it. Any firmware after the October S4 firmware has the voltage control intentionally disabled by bitmain.

So you're saying that the smits's/Nicehash firmware for S4 for lower fan speed and cgminer 4.9.0 works, they just don't include voltage control? Still sound a bit vindictive to punish people who were not involved at that time even if they offer to pitch in now.

If you want to complain, complain to bitmain. They're the ones who fucked everyone over with their bullshit functionality removing S4 firmware updates. They just fucked S4+ owners over with an firmware update again. Smit didn't receive a single satoshi from S4 owners aside from myself. I'd have told them to fuck off too.

I have no interest in complaining. It just sound vindictive/childish when "you" refuse to share the firmware with people willing to pay out of a "You should have pitched in then" grudge.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:17:39 PM

I have no interest in complaining. It just sound vindictive/childish when "you" refuse to share the firmware with people willing to pay out of a "You should have pitched in then" grudge.

......... There's no grudge and the firmware isn't mine to share. It belongs to Smit. Got any more brilliant observations?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:23:46 PM

......... There's no grudge and the firmware isn't mine to share. It belongs to Smit. Got any more brilliant observations?

But i am talking about Smit refusing to share/sell to other users, giving the reason that no one was interested to support the project back then, as other users reported in the thread. You said it yourself, but i'm not talking about you. When i said "you" i put the quote there to signify i don't mean you literally.

And you sound fairly bitter and snarky for someone with no grudge Tongue

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:36:28 PM

But i am talking about Smit refusing to share/sell to other users, giving the reason that no one was interested to support the project back then, as other users reported in the thread. You said it yourself, but i'm not talking about you. When i said "you" i put the quote there to signify i don't mean you literally.

That's not how quotes work. Anyways, the topic has been beaten to death, that's why I sound annoyed.  No one does anything for free around here, yet everyone expects everything for nothing. People were too cheap to chip in, and too lazy to bitch and complain to bitmain and get the issue resolved. What more can be said?

There's a toggle switch in the software to enable or disable voltage control. I have no idea how to change it, but if you can figure it out you'll have voltage control too. If you think you can squeeze blood from a stone, ask people who own S4s in this thread to donate a bit to smit. I'm sure he'll be happy to release his hard work after that.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:40:41 PM

That's not how quotes work. Anyways, the topic has been beaten to death, that's why I sound annoyed.  No one does anything for free around here, yet everyone expects everything for nothing. People were too cheap to chip in, and too lazy to bitch and complain to bitmain and get the issue resolved. What more can be said?

There's a toggle switch in the software to enable or disable voltage control. I have no idea how to change it, but if you can figure it out you'll have voltage control too. If you think you can squeeze blood from a stone, ask people who own S4s in this thread to donate a bit to smit. I'm sure he'll be happy to release his hard work after that.

Sound fair enough. But no, if it wasn't done before i doubt there's much interest in it now. And truth be said, saving 30 watts at stock settings isin't exactly worth starting a crusade for me.

But if its really just Bitmain disabling a flag and i could get my hand on the source, that might be of actual interest for me just for fun. But it would probably be more effective to talk to Nicehash about their S4 firmware version.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:43:54 PM

Sound fair enough. But no, if it wasn't done before i doubt there's much interest in it now. And truth be said, saving 30 watts at stock settings isin't exactly worth starting a crusade for me.

But if its really just Bitmain disabling a flag and i could get my hand on the source, that might be of actual interest for me just for fun. But it would probably be more effective to talk to Nicehash about their S4 firmware version.

The source isn't available unfortunately. The savings are much greater than 30 watts. I'm going off memory here, but 0700 200MHz vs 0725 200MHz (Stock) is pretty close to 200 watts. I'd have to find my notes from when I tested a bunch of voltage and speed combinations.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 05:50:02 PM

The source isn't available unfortunately. The savings are much greater than 30 watts. I'm going off memory here, but 0700 200MHz vs 0725 200MHz (Stock) is pretty close to 200 watts. I'd have to find my notes from when I tested a bunch of voltage and speed combinations.

That's a lot crazier than the chart i have seen. You're basically saying you can run it at 2.3~TH undervolted for about the same watt as a normal stock. That could be worth batting an eye.

I guess i'll have to do my homework.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:20:23 PM

That's a lot crazier than the chart i have seen. You're basically saying you can run it at 2.3~TH undervolted for about the same watt as a normal stock. That could be worth batting an eye.

No I'm talking about undervolting at 200MHz, which is stock 2 TH/s.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:49:27 PM

And i'm talking about overclocking with the watt saved to run at 2.2-2.3TH/s at the same consumption of a stock machine at 2TH/s.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:52:12 AM

And i'm talking about overclocking with the watt saved to run at 2.2-2.3TH/s at the same consumption of a stock machine at 2TH/s.

Dude i tried chasing Smit for the firmware with a donation to no avail, I also tried prelude (I understand dude its not urs to sell)

If there are others out there like us 2 please talk up now to see if there is any chance of ever getting this firmware so we can undervolt!!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:08:12 AM

Dude i tried chasing Smit for the firmware with a donation to no avail, I also tried prelude (I understand dude its not urs to sell)

If there are others out there like us 2 please talk up now to see if there is any chance of ever getting this firmware so we can undervolt!!

The original firmware has the frequency and voltage.  Does it not work or is there a reason anyone is not trying to use it?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:45:08 AM

I really don't know what's so important about the post Oct firmware, but i would like to know that as well. Most seem to want to use cgminer 4.9.0. Not sure why, but i don't even think latest stock firmware has it?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:07:17 AM

I really don't know what's so important about the post Oct firmware, but i would like to know that as well. Most seem to want to use cgminer 4.9.0. Not sure why, but i don't even think latest stock firmware has it?

Looking at details looks like they can get up to "update cgminer to 4.8.0".   So I'm not sure why the old firmware with a little old cgminer would not just be used for those wanting freq and voltage.

S4+ i realize they don't have a software with it from bitmain.  So I can see why there.  But S4 seems obvious to just use old firmware.
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:32:50 AM

That old firmware has a lot of bugs. You need to use ck's custom built cgminer instead of Bitmains to get proper speeds on some pools / share difficulty, and updating cgminer doesn't stick so if needs to be done every time you reboot the S4. It's annoying.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:59:01 AM

That old firmware has a lot of bugs. You need to use ck's custom built cgminer instead of Bitmains to get proper speeds on some pools / share difficulty, and updating cgminer doesn't stick so if needs to be done every time you reboot the S4. It's annoying.

I have not had issues with it.  I guess it does depend on pool though.

Seems like use a pool that works with it and use old firmware.  I do see smit's reasoning for not releasing.   I am surprised nicehash did not foot the bill for his work.  I was guessing they did, I do feel bad if he got no support and nicehash did not give him a decent payday for his work.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:47:25 PM

I have not had issues with it.  I guess it does depend on pool though.

Seems like use a pool that works with it and use old firmware.  I do see smit's reasoning for not releasing.   I am surprised nicehash did not foot the bill for his work.  I was guessing they did, I do feel bad if he got no support and nicehash did not give him a decent payday for his work.

I asked in Nicehash thread 2~ days ago and they no on or nothing gave reply for if their S4 firmware has the voltage control unlocked. Are you saying that maybe it include voltage control?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:05:30 PM

I have not had issues with it.  I guess it does depend on pool though.

Seems like use a pool that works with it and use old firmware.  I do see smit's reasoning for not releasing.   I am surprised nicehash did not foot the bill for his work.  I was guessing they did, I do feel bad if he got no support and nicehash did not give him a decent payday for his work.

I asked in Nicehash thread 2~ days ago and they no on or nothing gave reply for if their S4 firmware has the voltage control unlocked. Are you saying that maybe it include voltage control?

I am not sure.  I have used it but it's been to long since I have tried it to remember.

What I was saying I thought smit was being payed by nicehash on his firmwares, I do feel sorry for him if he was working on firmwares and they were not paying him for it. And it sounds like he was not, which I had no idea.
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

I have:
Wed Apr 15 15:53:35 CST 2015
Firmware on my S4 installed.
Was wondering if the Voltage Setting still worked(it can be set) or if it's just a dummy field with this version.
Running at 200 Frequency, what voltage do you recommend?  I have it at 0725

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:38:24 AM

Sold all my S4's.  There was a few post's I mentioned them.  But they are no longer for sell as they sold Smiley

If you have S4's not is not a bad time to sell still have a decent value left in them.    Held value pretty good for miners to.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: