Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:32:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - Unmoderated thread  (Read 70707 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:36:09 AM

Yeah, the activity of the noob sockpuppet accounts in the IOTA thread is spectacular. Typical P&D operation: before the pump the sockpuppets start the moon talk and of course rebut all arguments and critics.
Normally, I am OK with handling the sockpuppets and shills :-))))) in my unmoderated Vericoin and Bitbay thread I have had opportunity to get some experience with them :-)))

I am not a noob sockpuppet nor a shill and I doubt that a serious investor would be fooled by noob sockpuppets.
I could be wrong but I would be surprised.

Your real problem is that 99.99 of businesses are built on experience which normally based on proven track records. The JINN boy's only track record is up to date that he pulled off a successful scam with JINN and failed to deliver anything, except the new money party of IOTA.
Given that statistically from 10 tech start-ups only 1 can succeed even when experienced professionals run the show, without experience the chance is minuscule.

This is absolutely true but why do you care ?

Are you doing all of this to warn people like me about the risks in investing in cryptocurrencies (and similar projects) ?
Well thank you but I am pretty aware of the risks, I lost money in the past and I will probably lose money in the future but I am fine with that. I know the rules and the risks involved but this is my money and my choice. Poor choices sometimes but overall much better than gambling,  stock market and housing market IMO.

I like the idea of putting money together for an interesting project even if it fail. Just because we are interested in and that we have to try.

So tell us, what kind of investment do you recommend apart from cryptocurrencies ?
I think that's the true topic here, if you believe you know better, please tell us !
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:36:53 AM

CIYAM long time no see. I said you were not drunk? Interesting… Listen, I know of your issues so I am not going to get nasty unless you push me. I’ll just gently remind you that you shared A LOT of your personal life stretching all the way back to your childhood, so if you decide to make up any lies about me I will share the truth about you. I’ll also remind you that you offered me to lead the CIYAM project, which I declined, which lead to you having a mini-breakdown… Again, unless you force me I won’t share the details because I just prefer to let your drama be in the past.

Anyways, enough nostalgia, moving on... You are allowed to have your own opinions on trinary logic, of course. But calling it ‘snake oil’ is just blatantly false. I would imagine someone who prides themselves in being a ‘software engineer’ rather than a ‘software developer’ would take a more objective stance on this matter. Trinary logic is real and the benefits are well documented in academia stretching all the way back to the 50s. Here let me google that for you.
So maybe stick to something you understand, because you clearly have no idea about trinary logic nor what we are actually developing. We are developing a processor for Fog and Mist computation in Internet-of-Things. IOTA is a transactive layer for this vision of Fog and Mist computing, that is the connection. We are not developing some trinary supercomputer or high-end desktop processors.

Based on my knowledge of your skills as a ‘software engineer’ I invite you to review IOTA and if you find any errors or problems, please do share. But again IOTA has already been reviewed by reputable developers, we have a whitepaper that has been submitted to academic journal and the concept of DAG/Tangle has been explored by other people in the space, so I’m not concerned.

This has been fun, but the days of participating in forum drama is over for me, it’s just way too time consuming with practically no return on investment.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 10:51:20 AM

Cheesy

So because someone thinks it "is pretty" is why your product needs it?

Thanks for backing up my point (that the emperor has no clothes).

Strange that these amazing benefits of "trinary" are just too hard to explain.

I said that the answer is in that book and I don't want to derail this thread.

Right now it looks like you lost the dispute but try to make appearance you won it. You are losing your face, my friend...
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 11:30:41 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2016, 01:01:50 PM by l8orre

Perhaps the prettiest number system of all, is the balanced ternary notation.
Donald E. Knuth (The Art of Computer Programming)

Cheesy

So because someone thinks it "is pretty" is why your product needs it?

Thanks for backing up my point (that the emperor has no clothes).

Strange that these amazing benefits of "trinary" are just too hard to explain.

sort of silly how you imply that Donld Knuth is just 'somebody' with some flowery ideas about mathematics.

yeah I remember your drunken rants when you tried your little power grab over at NXT way back in early 2014,  
bellowing how NXT protocol was insecure and NXT should ditch java entirely and follow you to your C++ domain and make a complete re-implementation under your 'guidance'
And ditch the key people of NXT also on the way, making YOU supreme leader.

I'd rather spare me the effort of digging for those skype logs of your intoxicated ramblings about how you had just destroyed the future of NXT.

AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:19:50 PM

Then why not explain what exactly the "trinary logic" is supposed to do for your (non-existent?) product?

(you never bothered to explain that to me in regards to AT)

The fact that some "trinary logic" research is being done is not in dispute (and there are plenty of other pretty much pointless technologies being researched all the time) but its relevance to anything practical in crypto is.

It's actually genuinely sad when someone that used to at least have ideas (even though they didn't pan out with CIYAM) deteriorates over time. Your posts from 2012 were thoughtful and intelligent and now you are just a sad drunk finding pleasure in trolling projects because your own talent has long since gone the way of the bottle. Get help.

FOR RENT.
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:29:41 PM

Are you doing all of this to warn people like me about the risks in investing in cryptocurrencies (and similar projects) ?
Well thank you but I am pretty aware of the risks, I lost money in the past and I will probably lose money in the future but I am fine with that. I know the rules and the risks involved but this is my money and my choice. Poor choices sometimes but overall much better than gambling,  stock market and housing market IMO.

I like the idea of putting money together for an interesting project even if it fail. Just because we are interested in and that we have to try.

So tell us, what kind of investment do you recommend apart from cryptocurrencies ?
I think that's the true topic here, if you believe you know better, please tell us !

nuff said . !

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:00:03 PM

Well thank you but I am pretty aware of the risks, I lost money in the past and I will probably lose money in the future but I am fine with that. I know the rules and the risks involved but this is my money and my choice. Poor choices sometimes but overall much better than gambling,  stock market and housing market IMO.

nuff said . !

Amen. And considering how far we are in testing, claiming that 'it doesn't work' seems just a tiny bit retarded.

FOR RENT.
runall

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:44:33 PM

I like this thread. Trolls have such a hard time dealing with CFB because he doesn't react emotionally and responds logically with specific queries that the trolls avoid 100% of the time.

I actually feel a little sorry for the washed up posters here, desperately trying to attack CFB, with such little success.

Well said  Cheesy

Apparently, some are scratching their teeth, jealous of the success.
runall

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:46:11 PM

Another "shit-coin" from the idiot that believes in using "trinary logic".

Who cares really?

(am sure he'll have a bunch of sockies or shills posting here though so get ready to regret that you created this topic)

You shouldn't post that late because during evenings you are usually drunk and this inevitably lowers quality of your posts. I know that you are old, do you really think that strong language adds credibility to your words?

That's funny - because your partner in crime (David) was the guy who said I wasn't drunk back when I swore over stuff to do with Nxt.

Hmm... so apparently I'm drunk when it suits you but not otherwise. Cheesy

I guess you don't know very much about Australians and their language (the country that has the government sponsored advertising slogan "Drink, Drive? Bloody Idiot!").

BTW - how is that trinary logic stuff going? Convinced the world that it is the future yet?

The fact that a raging alcoholic bashes projects that are light-years ahead of his own failed experiment is more sad than it is even funny.

Exactly. This is just envy of "Siamese Fat Old Drunk Cat" because of his disastrous project with turing-complete programming language for Nxt.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:53:46 PM

@Blocktree: Use your emule handle.

@altcoinUK: You've proven time and time again that you're a nothing but an unfortunate wannabe-investor. Maybe you should go back to counting pennies...

@CIYAM: Wow, Ian, I thought you hit rock bottom when you highjacked the (IIRC) 50 escrow BTC - or was it your wife (ROFL)... But obviously I've been proven wrong. You've become a low level troll?! Better get back to your website business, after sobering up, of course.

@Come-from-beyond: Your troll collection business seems to yield fruit. Congratulations.

PS: iCEBREAKER where are you?
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:55:05 PM

PS: iCEBREAKER where are you?
Hahaha Like this!! +1440
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:41:50 PM

Fair questions, and since you are not acting as a shill nor a cheerleader I am happy to answer.

No, of course I do not want to convince the cheerleaders, sockpuppets, shills and "investors" of IOTA. In fact I couldn't care less what the sockpuppets, shills and "investors" of IOTA say and think. By definition the sockpuppets, shills and "investors" do the moon talk and talk about nonsense such as retirement funds (which started already in your moderated thread) to assist the P&D and pull off that 10x or whatever times ROI.
I am posting to inform the noob, uninformed and naive potential users, which is your target audience. I point out the very obvious fact that following the JINN scam the Scandinavian boy and the Belarus scammer started the another scam of IOTA with their zero ability and consequently zero prospect to deliver any Internet of Things solutions. Therefore it is a scam and a classic P&D operation: present a good looking idea, collect the money and then pump the coin. Having this thread available the uninformed, noob and naive potential users - your target audience once the P&D started - will have other information than the usual shilling of the P&D brigade. In the meantime yourself, an investor who believe in the IOTA project can point out that in your opinion the IOTA project is viable (if the supporters of IOTA feel your moderated thread is not enough platform to spread the bullshit about IOTA). Cool, that's the beauty of an unmoderated thread, both the pro and cons opinions can be posted.

On the other hand, what a few shills and sockpuppets (not yourself but your support brigade) of your project say is not the concern of mine. There are many users understand at Bitcointalk that I am very good at spotting scams. So whether the shills of the IOTA scam like it or not there are many users - your target audience once the P&D started - read my posts when we are talking about scams. It is documented in the Vericoin thread and IRC channel that I took my lawyer to the Moolah HQ in 2014 when the VRC devs were considering a partnership with the Moolah scammer Ryan Kennedy, then I posted about what we found out, and then I contacted law enforcement. Now the Moolah scammer Ryan Kennedy is in jail. The similar happened with Bitbay. My undocumented Bitbay thread stopped the Bitbay scam money party it informed the target audience of the scam. We contacted law enforcement that has jurisdiction over the scammers and the three main figure will be in jail just like Ryan Kenned. Law enforcement has been contacted about Banxshares, it is safe to assume the organizer will face justice sooner than later. I predict, the JINN scammer boy and Belarusian will deliver nothing (except the P&D) and then your IOTA money party will be a law enforcement matter as well.

I am not giving investment advice, but it's not a secret here that very little of my assets are in crypto and the majority of that is of course Bitcoin. I am trading stocks for decades, that is my main investment field, come to the Martin Armstrong thread, ask questions and I am happy to share my experience in stock trading there, but again those are not investment advices.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:55:42 PM

I got you ...

I understand like all scammers do, you like to ignore the most important questions about your genius business plan, but the question remains the same. Just like with NXT where the first few realized a very nice ROI, but now there are thousands of bagholders who bought into the hype, now you are mirroring the process with JINN and IOTA, which process will naturally create many disappointed bagholders and more importantly financial loss for many. The difference is that at least NXT is a serious ecosystem terms of features - not because of you but despite you and it is used by nobody in the real world but that is another matter - while JINN and IOTA will never ever deliver anything else than your few pathetic java source files. It will be no JINN microprocessor - you failed to deliver that already. And there will be no IoT business - you have no skill and prospect to deliver that. So what about the inevitable bagholders who will buy into the hype of your army of sockpuppets, shills and cheerleaders?
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:00:25 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 02:01:57 AM by TPTB_need_war

Looking through your post history is equal parts depressing and hilarious. How can anyone be so absolutely pathetic to author things like:

"I have APEX from the very beginning and I have a direct interest in its success so lets hope the market cap will get to 1 million sooner than later, but the market cap means nothing really, it reflects nothing else then the current coin price multiplied with the number of coins rather than the real strength of the coin, and such market cap calculation results in nonsensical number like the Cloak's $300k market cap. Cloak could have a $300k market cap, but the viability of the coin is zero and you correctly said it is dead, while APEX is progressing."

or shit nuggets like

"Yes, Min is a great coin and a long term investment opportunity. That doesn't mean one should follow IconicExpert's tips. Quite the opposite, when IE promote a buy you should sell (because if you buy he will dump the coin in your face) and when he says sell then buy is the logical action."

or my favorite:

"I disagree with that. Just like IBM and later Oracle couldn't own the database market and there are places for many database solution provider lately even many non-relational databases like Mongodb can have a market share, just like Apple could not own the smart phone market and HTC, samsung, etc. came, one player is not going to own the blockchain 2 decentralized app market. There are always place for multiple players who provide a good solution.

The Skycoin dev seems incredible knowledgeable in this field so if the solution is working there is a good chance that Skycoin will be one of the players."

I mean seriously, I would probably want to kill myself if I had invested in those coins myself. But you would think you would have learned after the 3rd dog you thew money at. It's like you have mental problems.  I would feel genuinely bad for you if you weren't such a shitty person.

What amazes me is that you stick to your account even though your history reads like someone who keeps barebacking crackwhores and is surprised every time his piss burns.

Actually I think those comments are reasonably good. He is trying to articulate that he wants to invest in projects that could or do have technology viable to some market strategy other than just mining the speculators.

AltcoinUK's disadvantage above is that he can't quite evaluate some aspects of obscure software technology research as well as I can. I was in the Skycoin thread back when the hope was great, and I was pointing out realism that others hadn't. Afair (vaguely), I was vindicated when Skycoin released their consensus white paper and it was a dud. Skycoin was attempting to solve for consensus basically what Stellar's SCP (created by a Stanford U. professor with a PhD in CompSci and author of a very popular Kademlia DHT) ended up being and SCP will centralize in order to guarantee against Sybil preemption.

Come-from-Beyond has delivered products that do evolve some technological innovation and has produced products which get speculators excited which has brought money into our altcoin space, which thus attracts people like myself who do other fundamental research (and hopefully development too  Embarrassed). There is a synergistic effect.

Of course the JINN aspect appears to be quite dubious, and I am not claiming CfB is the most awesome programmer the world has ever seen (neither am I, but I bet I am pretty far up there... we'll see), but I find it difficult to criticize him on his efforts technologically. Yeah I have concluded that Iota can't converge on consensus without centralization, but that doesn't mean our altcoin sector hasn't gained anything from that technological endeavor. I separate in my mind the JINN aspect from the technological and development work done. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater so to speak.

CfB is not normally shrilling in threads but he lost his cool with me recently wherein I am trying to shift from "discuss" mode to implementation and white paper writing mode. Nevertheless the above is how I stand on the issues.

I wish AltcoinUK and CfB will stop fighting. I understand the JINN aspect needs to be explained to investors. I have too have done my share of attempting to explain what I think are limitations and flaws in altcoins. I done a small amount of "scam" accusation posting, but for the most part I try to not repeat that endlessly (except perhaps in the case of Dash I need to it seems repeat that every once in a while because their shills are so persistent).

I don't know what to say other than to admit the altcoin arena is a hornet's nest of snake oil. There is some minor amount of valid R&D being done, and for me that is worthwhile.

As for my work on yet-another-coin, I won't be announcing it here on Bitcointalk, so if I succeed with my ambitious (delusional?) gambit then it will be in the user adoption markets. So I will try to do something different than has ever been done with an altcoin.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:01:49 PM

I understand like all scammers do, you like to ignore the most important questions about your genius business plan, but the question remains the same. Just like with NXT where the first few realized a very nice ROI, but now there are thousands of bagholders who bought into the hype, now you are mirroring the process with JINN and IOTA, which process will naturally create many disappointed bagholders and more importantly financial loss for many. The difference is that at least NXT is a serious ecosystem terms of features - not because of you but despite you and it is used by nobody in the real world but that is another matter - while JINN and IOTA will never ever deliver anything else than your few pathetic java source files. It will be no JINN microprocessor - you failed to deliver that already. And there will be no IoT business - you have no skill and prospect to deliver that. So what about the inevitable bagholders who will buy into the hype of your army of sockpuppets, shills and cheerleaders?

Wasn't it you who didn't answer three simple questions? Answer them and we'll continue this discussion. Or do you hope to distract our attention to hide yet another lie?
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:06:39 PM

Hey CfB, regarding IOTA, how do you stop the attack where I have 10 different accounts, all of which are vouching for eachother's fraudulent transactions and creating fake chains?  In fact you could have a few different people who join a 'coalition' and agree to vouch for eachother's fradulent transactions using their multiple accounts. Maybe I'm missing something but IOTA seems to be wide open to Sybil attack.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:11:36 PM

Come-from-Beyond has delivered products what do evolve some technological innovation and has produced products which get speculators excited...

You will make altcoinUK your enemy this way. Unlike me, you don't enjoy such things so be careful whom you side with.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:13:16 PM

Hey CfB, regarding IOTA, how do you stop the attack where I have 10 different accounts, all of which are vouching for eachother's fraudulent transactions and creating fake chains?  In fact you could have a few different people who join a 'coalition' and agree to vouch for eachother's fradulent transactions using their multiple accounts. Maybe I'm missing something but IOTA seems to be wide open to Sybil attack.

Every transaction must have a little PoW attached to it. It doesn't matter how many accounts you have, your hashing power does, just like in Bitcoin.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:17:14 PM

So maybe stick to something you understand, because you clearly have no idea about trinary logic nor what we are actually developing. We are developing a processor for Fog and Mist computation in Internet-of-Things. IOTA is a transactive layer for this vision of Fog and Mist computing, that is the connection. We are not developing some trinary supercomputer or high-end desktop processors.

Some startups have succeeded in producing new architectures in what were (at least initially) vertical markets. I haven't studied these markets and the concept of a trinary logic process, so I can't comment meaningfully other than in any case I would tend to agree that 9/10 of startups fail in general and not to mention the very high capital intensive arena of custom hardware architecture.

Based on my knowledge of your skills as a ‘software engineer’ I invite you to review IOTA and if you find any errors or problems, please do share. But again IOTA has already been reviewed by reputable developers, we have a whitepaper that has been submitted to academic journal and the concept of DAG/Tangle has been explored by other people in the space, so I’m not concerned.

You are ignoring my expert review of Iota's consensus algorithm. That is fine with me.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:47:16 PM

I wish AltcoinUK and CfB will stop fighting.

Well, it's not really a fight, not even a dislike from my part. From my viewpoint, I am just dealing here with an other scammer like I did in the case of Moolah, Bitbay or Banxshare (all of them are in law enforcement stage right now). As a I said above, it is important to inform the naive users about the nature of his fraud. Regardless that there are truths in your assessment that based on his work some technology emerged, I am fully convinced that - even if there are useful elements in his work -  he is a low life scammer (see my opinion how ridiculous his JINN project is). A serious and honest man don't collect money for a nonsense like JINN and IOTA by promising a microprocessor and an IoT system respectively, while they have zero experience in the particular fields.

Other aspect of this thread, which I haven't said here, that I am actually well aware of your opinion about the flaws in IOTA. Additionally, I witnessed how this wanker tried to ridicule and silent you in your own thread by trolling your thread (exactly same as he does in this thread). You have provided a de facto peer review with good faith and instead of discussing the technical aspects of your opinion this CfB wanker ignores your arguments, but trolls your thread. Now, that is another low life action but in that case it is on professional level.

I can feel that you are intimidated a bit from these scammers like the legal threat of that pathetic David boy. I think so, because I sort of know you, and I know how you would be normally react to a trolling what this CfB does in your thread. I suggest don't be intimidated. What they do, end of the day has nothing to do with innovation nor with technology - it is pure fraud to lure out money from the idiots and create a P&D vehicle.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: