Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:28:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268520 times)
allyrbase

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:12:41 PM

Margin UG (haftungsbeschraenkt) at this very moment still sells “lifetime licenses” to customers who might not be aware of ongoing changes (OK new logo and rebranding.) but at the chart I can still buy your product “FOR LIFE” like today? Really? Maybe it is good time to specify the phrase “lifetime license” on the page or remove it.

This morning I spoke with a colleague who is a business law attorney. Showed him Margin's web site, introductory price expiration notice and rebranding notice. I'm not familiar with EU law, but if Margin were a North American entity, they would unequivocally be in legal hot water pursuant to a licensee complaint. Will post an update as I know more...
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DaZuru

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:15:21 PM

Greetings Everyone,

Jonathan and the rest of the Margin team have to focus on the upcoming product version tests and releases. I'm sure, everyone in the community has questions and some are questioning the recent changes in the business model of Margin. As much as the team wants to deliver a stable and competitive product, it's also a big challenge for them to tend to queries, feedback, and bashes in the community. To help out, I'll collate all of your questions to be later answered after we've communicated everything to the team. We encourage any Feedback as it will help better the support as well as the product. Opinions, suggestions, and patience are greatly appreciated. Rest assured that the team will try their best to deliver the best technology for everyone to enjoy. If there would be any miscommunications or any misgivings please pardon the team, give them time to produce a good product and I'm sure everything follows.

"Let us know what you think. Communication is Key" Wink

Much Love,
Biege
Community Helper

***(I'm not an official spokesperson of the Margin Team, I'm just trying to help out the community)***

Hello Biege,

Thanks for jumping in to help out the community. I'm afraid you are going to be in the hot seat for a while! I can understand the frustration of trying to keep a business afloat and concentrating on what is important. I usually find my hindsight is much better later, than when I make a decision in an emotional state, just ask my wife. Smiley I hope the team, and everyone here takes some time to step back and  try to see things from the other side's point of view. I hope we can cut some of the emotion out and try to work out an understanding. I want Margin to succeed. I like the software interface, Bollinger Bands bot, and looking forward to improvements. If they can't succeed, we will not see any of this.

Please let them know that this should be a respite, and not an insularly move. We are stronger working together.
biege

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:59:22 PM

Greetings Everyone,

Jonathan and the rest of the Margin team have to focus on the upcoming product version tests and releases. I'm sure, everyone in the community has questions and some are questioning the recent changes in the business model of Margin. As much as the team wants to deliver a stable and competitive product, it's also a big challenge for them to tend to queries, feedback, and bashes in the community. To help out, I'll collate all of your questions to be later answered after we've communicated everything to the team. We encourage any Feedback as it will help better the support as well as the product. Opinions, suggestions, and patience are greatly appreciated. Rest assured that the team will try their best to deliver the best technology for everyone to enjoy. If there would be any miscommunications or any misgivings please pardon the team, give them time to produce a good product and I'm sure everything follows.

"Let us know what you think. Communication is Key" Wink

Much Love,
Biege
Community Helper

***(I'm not an official spokesperson of the Margin Team, I'm just trying to help out the community)***

Hello Biege,

Thanks for jumping in to help out the community. I'm afraid you are going to be in the hot seat for a while! I can understand the frustration of trying to keep a business afloat and concentrating on what is important. I usually find my hindsight is much better later, than when I make a decision in an emotional state, just ask my wife. Smiley I hope the team, and everyone here takes some time to step back and  try to see things from the other side's point of view. I hope we can cut some of the emotion out and try to work out an understanding. I want Margin to succeed. I like the software interface, Bollinger Bands bot, and looking forward to improvements. If they can't succeed, we will not see any of this.

Please let them know that this should be a respite, and not an insularly move. We are stronger working together.

Hi DaZuru,

Likewise, however, if we keep on looking at stuff at an emotional level we won't be getting anywhere we'll just keep on adding fuel to the fire, that's why I recommended we start collating questions so we can think a better answer without getting swayed by our emotions. I would say that most of us here are traders, come to think of it, we have a saying that if you let emotion drive your trades you'll lose big time. Same goes for any company, they won't stay afloat nor fly if we keep on dragging them down, everyone will just get too emotional. What drives a business is inspiration, not just from the people within but also from the community that supports them. On a positive note, criticisms are part of a healthy community, it's an indication that you have people who are interested or looking at your products, so keep em coming. Cheesy
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:14:26 PM

hello All

Quick question.

I have added bitfinex to my bot today. It seems to be taking ages to place another order after making a buy or a sale.

Is this correct?

I've noticed that in the setting menu there is a Bitfinex sectoin stating 'manual call quota per minute' ...  not sure if this is something to do with it.

Thanks

Hool

Hi hooliuk,

What is the 'manual call quota per minute' parameter set at? If it is set too low you can increase it. Most of the calls we do from bitfinex use web sockets and don't affect the call quota.

I just tested Bitfinex there and it was quite fast.

Anyone else having difficulties with Bitfinex?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

definitely seems to be an issue.  But not on all my pairs.  I'm only running 5 pairs but BTC/NEO and BTC/XMR are really struggling. It keeps sitting saying strategy busy...  very odd. I've set the call quota to 70 now.  Lets see if this resolves the issue.

I have another question.  As the price increases it doesn't re-ajust the buy level. it leaves it waiting for a drop rather than constantly working the peaks and troffs.  Have I missed something with that?

thanks

I'd have to see a screenshot to give you a definite answer, but I suspect the price doesn't increase because of the Min effective gain constraint. If the bot sold before the buy price is contained by that parameter.

Please send a screenshot to support@marginsoftware.de and we'll help you out.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

hello All

Quick question.

I have added bitfinex to my bot today. It seems to be taking ages to place another order after making a buy or a sale.

Is this correct?

I've noticed that in the setting menu there is a Bitfinex sectoin stating 'manual call quota per minute' ...  not sure if this is something to do with it.

Thanks

Hool

Hi hooliuk,

What is the 'manual call quota per minute' parameter set at? If it is set too low you can increase it. Most of the calls we do from bitfinex use web sockets and don't affect the call quota.

I just tested Bitfinex there and it was quite fast.

Anyone else having difficulties with Bitfinex?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

definitely seems to be an issue.  But not on all my pairs.  I'm only running 5 pairs but BTC/NEO and BTC/XMR are really struggling. It keeps sitting saying strategy busy...  very odd. I've set the call quota to 70 now.  Lets see if this resolves the issue.

I have another question.  As the price increases it doesn't re-ajust the buy level. it leaves it waiting for a drop rather than constantly working the peaks and troffs.  Have I missed something with that?

thanks

Also it doesn't look like the wallets are updating...  I have sell orders open, and the wallet has not reserved the amount. Then it lets you sell the wallet.  And then...  the order in the strategy stops. 

hmmm

hmm, no clue? It's working perfectly for me.

Can you please get in touch with support with as much info as possible. Please send us a log file for one of the currencies that is showing incorrect funds. The logs can be found in the .leonArdo folder.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

victory1908

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:37:41 AM

Hi can anyone show me how to save the strategy incase the program crash or computer need to reset. I can not find where to save

Should be nice upgrade if there is an option to allow the program give the bot fix amount of BTC (for example 0.5 BTC), then the bot will decide price and amount to place order (always use 0.5 BTC). Now every time we need to calculate ourself when start a strategy.
Chimaera

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:20:49 AM

Hi can anyone show me how to save the strategy incase the program crash or computer need to reset. I can not find where to save

Should be nice upgrade if there is an option to allow the program give the bot fix amount of BTC (for example 0.5 BTC), then the bot will decide price and amount to place order (always use 0.5 BTC). Now every time we need to calculate ourself when start a strategy.
Right click on the strategy icon then click Save All Strategies.
victory1908

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:23:26 AM

Thanks a lot for your help. just click save 1 for all or need to save 1by1 currency pair?
Chimaera

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:52:06 PM

Thanks a lot for your help. just click save 1 for all or need to save 1by1 currency pair?
That saves all strategies.
CTShaman

Activity: 253
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:08:58 PM

That saves all strategies.
May have been fixed by now but a while back I had an issue where it only saved for the exchange I was working with at the time. Thought I should mention it if you were using multiple exchanges running from the same instance. As a practice I either save from within each exchange or start a separate instance for each exchange and save that by itself. If you are running too many pairs when you save, the network will timeout and everything will suspend and restart automagically or not. Wink

Bucket List Item #10: Buy and sell a WALL with margin.
rothcom65

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:18:22 PM

@rothcom65 thanks for chiming in and your willingness to see both sides.

Speaking for myself here -- as someone who purchased the ultra license in LATE December, have only paper traded (as I felt the software still had some small issues to be worked out)... while I feel taken advantage of, I don't expect Margin to give us lifetime free access to the new model. That doesn't seem sustainable to me. However, I would have appreciated to see a little more effort in extending the free period, or at the very least allowing those who purchased within xx days prior to the rebranding announcement, the option to be refunded, especially if they have not used Leo to trade IRL.

Same boat here my friend,

Started Mid Jan- 2018 with 0.7 BTC in my bittrex account ( $129 lifetime for 1 exchange). Leonardo has been running 24/7 ever since on my miner machine and my Bittrex account is now value at 0.48 BTC.

Market crashing or Leonardo inefficient Margin maker strategy? I DO HAVE NO IDEA TO BE HONEST.

CTShaman

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:58:29 PM

Speaking for myself here -- as someone who purchased the ultra license in LATE December, have only paper traded (as I felt the software still had some small issues to be worked out)... while I feel taken advantage of, I don't expect Margin to give us lifetime free access to the new model. That doesn't seem sustainable to me. However, I would have appreciated to see a little more effort in extending the free period, or at the very least allowing those who purchased within xx days prior to the rebranding announcement, the option to be refunded, especially if they have not used Leo to trade IRL.

Started Mid Jan- 2018 with 0.7 BTC in my bittrex account ( $129 lifetime for 1 exchange). Leonardo has been running 24/7 ever since on my miner machine and my Bittrex account is now value at 0.48 BTC.

Market crashing or Leonardo inefficient Margin maker strategy? I DO HAVE NO IDEA TO BE HONEST.

What I have done is to widen the time frame, this one is running at 14.16 hours and has not taken a loss since the 6th. I visually review them from time to time, looking to create a symmetrical sine wave with corresponding entry and exit points. I almost never run under 4 hours most ranging from 8-10 hours a month ago I had one running 52 hours. NBT is costing me to run, I currently have it at 36.85 hours. Some simply do not have enough undulation to get the job done and eat up exchange fees.

DASH is another one notorious for being a flat liner for mArgin maker. This is mine running at 14.02 hours for a couple of  months and is another excellent example of what I try to accomplish with setting statistics interval. Even still, in this market it only profits half the time.

rothcom65

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:11:48 AM

What I have done is to widen the time frame, this one is running at 14.16 hours and has not taken a loss since the 6th. I visually review them from time to time, looking to create a symmetrical sine wave with corresponding entry and exit points. I almost never run under 4 hours most ranging from 8-10 hours a month ago I had one running 52 hours. NBT is costing me to run, I currently have it at 36.85 hours. Some simply do not have enough undulation to get the job done and eat up exchange fees.
https://preview.ibb.co/b35JOS/image.png

DASH is another one notorious for being a flat liner for mArgin maker. This is mine running at 14.02 hours for a couple of  months and is another excellent example of what I try to accomplish with setting statistics interval. Even still, in this market it only profits half the time.
https://preview.ibb.co/mgPyq7/image.png

I truly appreciate your helpful tip. I used to use the default "3 hours" interval, will switch them to 12 hours to see how thing going.

CTShaman

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:56:40 AM

I truly appreciate your helpful tip. I used to use the default "3 hours" interval, will switch them to 12 hours to see how thing going.

You are welcome!
Look for that aesthetic wave look. I hope we will be working with "The Golden Ratio" and Fibonacci Sequences in one form or another at some point in the future. It won't be any easier unless you read up on it and understand the underlying principals, but should basically give you a ballpark setting to start with.

On another note NBT came in for me with a profit, the first one in days after setting the statistics window to a ridiculous 36.85 hours. The net was 2.76%.
You'll see 4 restarts on there one was changing the statistics window, then a crash, then reset the statistics another crash, then reset the statistics window. The crashes coming from running way too many pair and saving (just feeding the greed I suppose).

The last leg of the display took 7 hours, preceding that was 11 hours of almost totally sideways movement, (normally) causing the percentage window to shrink to the point the fees are greater than the proceeds. This is where I was getting killed, because the slightest trend would trigger a sell. This is a rare bird, I was just hell bent on making it work.

victory1908

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:00:06 AM

You are welcome!
Look for that aesthetic wave look. I hope we will be working with "The Golden Ratio" and Fibonacci Sequences in one form or another at some point in the future. It won't be any easier unless you read up on it and understand the underlying principals, but should basically give you a ballpark setting to start with.

On another note NBT came in for me with a profit, the first one in days after setting the statistics window to a ridiculous 36.85 hours. The net was 2.76%.
You'll see 4 restarts on there one was changing the statistics window, then a crash, then reset the statistics another crash, then reset the statistics window. The crashes coming from running way too many pair and saving (just feeding the greed I suppose).

The last leg of the display took 7 hours, preceding that was 11 hours of almost totally sideways movement, (normally) causing the percentage window to shrink to the point the fees are greater than the proceeds. This is where I was getting killed, because the slightest trend would trigger a sell. This is a rare bird, I was just hell bent on making it work.
https://preview.ibb.co/c6TiOS/image.png

thanks for your tips. Do u set minimum effective gain and set the stop-loss? and what should be the amount in percentage respectively?
CTShaman

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:56:02 AM

thanks for your tips. Do u set minimum effective gain and set the stop-loss? and what should be the amount in percentage respectively?
Sure, I'll share that but you will be disappointed. First a little background, I don't want my bots to stop, just ride the market. I selected the pair and tuned the statistics interval to the point I am confident I will not loose my shirt too fast. Mine run on a remote server in another country 24/7 up to 5 weeks at a time non-stop. 99% of the time these days the only thing I do is to restart a stopped bot because the API signal came through slow or scrambled and the bot stops to avoid a double buy. My Bollinger Band bots are on Binance are currently just cycling but not trading. I pulled out of Binance for a time until things settle down, up until two days ago this was my main interest. I do very little babysitting or nannying of my mArgin maker bots relatively, hence my settings (all pair use the same settings except for the interval).

victory1908

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:05:33 AM

Sure, I'll share that but you will be disappointed. First a little background, I don't want my bots to stop, just ride the market. I selected the pair and tuned the statistics interval to the point I am confident I will not loose my shirt too fast. Mine run on a remote server in another country 24/7 up to 5 weeks at a time non-stop. 99% of the time these days the only thing I do is to restart a stopped bot because the API signal came through slow or scrambled and the bot stops to avoid a double buy. My Bollinger Band bots are on Binance are currently just cycling but not trading. I pulled out of Binance for a time until things settle down, up until two days ago this was my main interest. I do very little babysitting or nannying of my mArgin maker bots relatively, hence my settings (all pair use the same settings except for the interval).
https://image.ibb.co/jD9wcn/image.png

Your setting for min effective gain is -50 and no setting for stop-loss means the bot will only sell when price drop half (50%)??

Can help explain a bit on Bollinger Bands? I can not understand how the strategy work (I only use first margin strategy), thanks!
ewuyis1998

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:07:10 AM

this is like
dektox

Activity: 114
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:17:51 AM

Looks good
Can't wait to try

Team, have you thought about ICO in order to become something like Bloomberg? ))
FlyingAce

Activity: 1
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:36:15 PM
Merited by hoop (1)

"I am disappointed with this announcement.

Leonardo/Margin will not fit my needs anymore as a very small investor. Sad
Its a shame I really liked it and will continue using Leonardo until it stops working altogether.
"

Agreed. I too am a very small investor. Will probably do the same as well Sad

Bummer Sad

I am sorry, but if we didn't take this step then we would risk not being able to stay competitive. This was necessary to ensure that we could expand and do all the things we want to.

We think that the Starter plan which costs $180 a year is reasonable for small investors.

But of course, everyone will have to make up their own mind.

All the best,
Jonathan

Unfortunately This Bot wasn't up-to the level that I was hoping for- While it's Graphical interface "nice" - the trading Strategies available are very limited.
However I have tried other bots, that have Less Graphical Niceness and more Strategies - It seems that no one can come up with a Bot that is Both.. Considering that bots cost $120-$500 - that's alot of money for not much in return.

What will the Subscription model bring? - What New Features will it Incorporate?
The bots these days seem like they are in Alpha/Beta Stages then Full Release.

I love the SOON™ Movement that All these Bots have -

I must give Credit to Leonardo Bot as it is the best looking bot I've seen And it has had a 1 time Payment in USD! (unlike BTC payment only cr@p - that the other bots require).

In my Humble Opinion - Bots that use "Emotional Trading" or Insider/Secret Knowledge trading - Other connected to Telegram and other "sources" can be highly Manipulated.
Don't Trade On Emotions! Trade On Price and Indicators Only.

Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: