Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 [790] 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
EnViRoNmEnT

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:49:37 AM

W00t da f0rk is going on? Cheesy I cant see a big update here, why is the price exploding? Are there any reasons for that? The Byteball E-Mail news is older so I just wonder^^

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:54:58 AM

You don't decide if I want to keep or dump my Gbyte.Don't bash people if they don't want to hold Gbyte.Yes I am only here for free airdrop and I ain't complaining and yes it's the bug in that bot.Don't assume if I would be complaining if bot send the btc with high fees -_-
It's that bot fault and nothing to do with my liking of 'bitcoin fees' as general.Exhanges like bittrex rarely send bitcoin with low fees.Instead of arguing with me that I am complaining you should accept that it's the bug in that bot.No one wants to buy Bitcoin from that bot if they have to wait days for the tx to get confirmation.It should have an option to choose the fees and one who wants low fee and want to wait can select that and one who wants faster confirms can select high fees.That's a valid suggestion and not a complain -_-
Perhaps you should change your dictionary instead of bashing people on their opinions. Smiley

I didn't decide you will dump your bytes.  You did.
I get to bash if I want to.  
It's not a bug.  It's simply not a feature that you want.
I didn't assume anything.  You're simply complaining you don't get your free money faster.
You get to blame the bot if you want.  Quite simply, you proved that if there is something to complain about, you will (even it's it's just not getting your free money as fast as you want it).
Complaining about the bot will net you a less postive outcome than simply suggesting the bot have such an option.
You didn't make a suggestion, you complained and called it a bug.

Since you admitted to being here only for the free airdrops and dumping, does that mean I don't have to put up with you again until March?

Then keep bashing all you want.I really don't care.You can't stop even if someone complains.Yes it's a bug and to mention in hope to get it fixed is a suggestion not a complain.I an again suggesting you to change your dictionary lol and you don't have to put up with me seriously.It's your choice.I am done with you.Got more important things to do and yes I am here to only dump my Gbytes every airdrop Wink

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:57:00 AM

it begins..

is there any plan to change default exchange unit from GBYTE to MBYTE?
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:09:56 AM

Then keep bashing all you want.I really don't care.You can't stop even if someone complains.Yes it's a bug and to mention in hope to get it fixed is a suggestion not a complain.I an again suggesting you to change your dictionary lol and you don't have to put up with me seriously.It's your choice.I am done with you.Got more important things to do and yes I am here to only dump my Gbytes every airdrop Wink

Suggestion regarding dictionary.   Thanks, I will consider it.
I love putting up with you.
Glad to see you're leaving.  I did really enjoy the chat and look forward to talking to you again in March.
I'm happy to know you dumped your Gbytes in the 200's while it's now in the 500's.  I probably bought yours, so thanks for the free profit on your free bytes.  Everyone wins.

it begins..

is there any plan to change default exchange unit from GBYTE to MBYTE?

The default in the wallet is Bytes.
Tonych doesn't decide what the default amount is on exchanges.
- I emailed bittrex and coinmarketcap requesting they change Byteball to Bytes as it's called or to MByte (megabytes); however, I've received no response.

Unless you mean the textcoin?  I would like to see that default to MB instead of GB.

---------------------
Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?vacuum-elephant-ugly-culture-stuff-arm-sphere-rabbit-castle-bargain-powder-warfare

Glynmoor

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:30:19 AM

Greetings fellow Byteball fans,

I'm quite new to crypto, but after much research I've come to the conclusion that this is the project I'm investing in. After much reading, I've come to love the community and the infrastructure that is growing to support this "best of breed" technology. Congratulations to Tony and to all of the talented people that have worked so hard to get things to where they are.

Don't be discouraged by the current price, crypto is a monumental paradigm shift and we are still in the very early stages with a long way to go. I believe that most of us who are invested in Byteball now, understand that it is something special and we are in it for the long term.

The past distribution efforts (which sadly, I was completely unaware of) were an honest and noble effort to do the right things, and thankfully Tony was wise enough to stage it in a way that significant funds remain so that adjustments can still be made from knowledge gained.

My thoughts are that a significant portion of the remaining bytes should be allocated to attracting the best talent to help with all that needs to be done, and allocated to a variety of marketing efforts, including more exchange listings and explaining just how awesome Byteball is for users, merchants and investors (much, much more can be made of Blackbytes). There is so much going on - it needs to be explained in an easy to digest, organized and coordinated fashion, with high quality video tutorials and outreach campaigns. Perhaps it will turn out to be a good thing that the technology be at an advanced stage before making a big splash.

I'm not sure if its been mentioned before, but perhaps another complimentary method of distribution could be to find a way to give new users some free bytes when they download a wallet...

I'm also quite surprised at how the name "Byteball" has grown on me in spite of some initial misgivings - I also like the simplicity of "Byteball" over "Byteball Bytes" as displayed on coinmarketcap.com, Cryptopia and elsewhere. I believe the name Byteball can grow to be a highly trusted and recognized brand. The technology is simply outstanding.

Moving on, I'm hoping someone can help me with a wallet issue:

In my eagerness to get started, I initially made the mistake of choosing the full wallet for my Windows 7 Pro laptop, but as I later learned, this is not a good idea with a typical hard drive. For obvious reasons I'd like to revert to the light "default" version.

However, no matter how many times I try to reinstall the wallet on my laptop (after deleting %LOCALAPPDATA%\byteball and C:\Users\-----\AppData\byteball , as well as C:\Program Files (x86)\Byteball and/or using the Windows uninstall function), I cannot get the light wallet to work. But if after a reinstall, if I choose the full wallet option, it does at least startup and begin the syncing process, although I'm not sure it will ever finish...

(NOTE: I have since successfully installed the light wallet on a Windows 7 home desktop unit but due to Cryptopia withdrawal issues, I've not yet had the pleasure of spending / transferring some bytes or experimenting with the wallet features.)

Here's how it goes:
Initially, after a reinstall and choosing the light wallet option, I get this message: Uncaught exception: Error: failed to write conf.json: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Byteball\undefined\byteball\conf.json'

After restarting the wallet, it shows"Uncaught exception: Error: Failed to switch to light, please restart the app". When restarted, I'm shown the same message again every time.

I cannot find any information about this error message anywhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. First time using a forum like this - please excuse me if I mess something up - I'll get better with a little practice.

Was... was that you who just bought the order book?
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:56:00 AM

Coin lately grows very well in relation to the dollar. But Bitcoin price has much more stunted. She has taken a beating in the price, which is very sad. I think very soon the entire market price in Bitcoin will catch up with the price in dollars. the overall market is still in the growth is. But there are two more months of winter and I think they will be very difficult.
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:12:15 AM

Please help me understand the current value of blackbytes in my wallets. I have two wallets and one reports 1,165,199,757

and other one reports 630,012,142 as count of blackbytes.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:17:21 AM

Tone Vays had an interview with Richard Heart and he mentioned Byteball.
Boom! GBytes 50% up!  Grin

https://youtu.be/zCDSoaIstTM

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:50:13 AM

Yes i actually saw that live. It was great to hear Byteball mentioned but i didnt expect a pump like the one we are having. I guess there are a lot of new guys just looking for any scrap or hint of which coin is going to moon next.
sprinkles

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:44:58 PM

Damn. Bargain hunting season didn't last long. That's a shame.
Richard Heart been plugging Byteball for a while now.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jameswar1955

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:57:46 PM

This coin will double over 100x in the next months, mark my words.
odinson0008

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:03:46 PM

what are the best advantages of being based on DAG file?
AncientMystery

Activity: 166

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:14:21 PM

I don't think 100x, but 10x is absolutely possible. I'm sure Byteball will follow IOTA success. I hold a bit from airdrops Wink

MawsonPeak

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:28:31 PM

I am watching Byteball for almost a year now, technically it is superior to most other currencies and I would like to be successful!

However as an ouside observer I have a few comments to improve marketing and community building. Do not take it personally, just my feedback of what I think. I think with a few changes the perception by outsiders can be improved a lot, leading to more people willing to trust and use it.

• stop airdrops on BTC holders! Most of them just seem to dump it directly thereby destroying the price. A coin without value is beneficial for nobody.
  • make distribution predictable using a clear algorithm. One (or a few) persons deciding how to distribute the remaining coins kills the price. Why should I buy coins now knowing that the decision of one person can completely destroy the price when he decides to start the next airdrop. This situation is worse than what can be done with Fiat money by central banks. I think e.g. Bitcoin was sucessful because the money distribution algorithm was very clear and inflation no issue.
  • do not market sports betting as main selling point for smart contracts. ICOs, ok, insurance ok, but not betting. For ousiders like me that just sounds not legitimate for a system that wants to be a currency.
  • redesign the website. The content is good, but the color scheme is not very attractive. Hire a proffesional designer for this task.
  • redesing the logo. Just a white ball is not easy to recognize as a logo at all. It has probably been done by someone who cares more about software than design (like me). Maybe keep the ball but add some structure. Pay a professional designer.
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:28:43 PM

I don't think 100x, but 10x is absolutely possible. I'm sure Byteball will follow IOTA success. I hold a bit from airdrops Wink

Even 10 x is quite a lot, i would say x5 , but who know what will happens!
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:50:56 PM

It's only a begin.

I expect the price will drop and pump ago.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:16:55 PM

i believe is the Dev who decide that,some exchanges were using Byteball then change to Gbyte on request from the dev if i am not wrong.

On the same line of thinking... who would they ask to reduce BTC to mBTC?

Basically, nope;  The exchanges get to post what they want.

That's a long time to wait!

Why?

We had one distribution per one month before.

The great thing is that you don't have to wait.  You can buy them now.

I still have to beg to differ sadly. If tony wanted it called mbytes it would be called mbytes and instruct 3 decimal places added up front to it now.  Of course if the exchange said no then you could have a point.

Usually the exchanges will do as tony asks for a price.

Without him asking it will not be done. I don't expect just any one can instruct them to change ticker and decimal places.

I also doubt any exchange would just take it upon themselves to do this.

Tony could call it whatever he wants.  But, the exchange gets to list it however they want.

And, once named (as it), it would be very unlikely exchanges would rename it.

Example.... bcash is listed as BCH and BCC
and exchange that don't have bcash first listed bitconnect as BCC, so bcash is listed as BCH.
And, an exchange not having bitconnect listed bcash as BCC.
Now, they don't rename it even to get inline with other exchanges for a completely reasonable change to stop the mixup.

Same thing for GBYTE.  I doubt they would change to MBYTE

We had one distribution dump per one month before.
There, fixed that for you... Roll Eyes

Well said.

Your total supply is very small, but I still do not know exactly what your project is doing. Can you describe the details?

I would read the white paper. 

I am disappointed with Byte-BTC exchange bot in byteball app.I sold some Bytes for btc and the bot sent me Bitcoin with 20sat/byte fee which is very low.Even the parent tx is unconfirmed.I am waiting from almost 16 hours for my tx to get confirmed.Please remove that bot from byteball app. :/

I'm forwarding this to the chief developer. In the meantime, could you please try this service: https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
I've used it several times now and it worked well. It's very popular, so you'll probably need several attempts to get in the queue.
Even if I get lucky for including my tx in viabtc accelerator then also it won't accelerate my tx because 6 parent tx are unconfirmed too and viabtc doesn't accelerate tx if parent tx is unconfirmed.In this case I have to get lucky 7 times for viabtc to accelerate my tx which seems impossible.
Nice way to rip people Gbyte by selling btc and then sending it with very low fees.  Undecided

CPFP.   Basically, you're at the end of the chain of people not wanting to pay fees.   Pay a higher fee which would be enough to cover all 6 prior transactions.  If you don't want to wait and simply bitch about it, you can do that as well; however, it's pointless.   People know about the issue, but they continue the problem and still bitching about it.

I see the same thing for ebay.   People lower the price of an item, but raise the shipping cost.  The buyer knows this UP FRONT, but still decides to get the item.  Once delivered, they immediately bitch about the costs.

Basically.... a low fee is paid on tx so it takes longer.
If a higher tx fee was paid, then the person buying would complain about that too.
NO MATTER WHAT - A person will complain.  It's life.

-----------------------------------------
Here is your link to receive 1.5 MB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?cliff-whip-beach-pizza-shield-bounce-other-parent-narrow-milk-indicate-winner

Sorry just re-read this.

Some parts are incorrect. We (boolberry community) simply paid bittrex to rename bbr to xbb and they did it next day. If you pay the exchange does what you want.

If we the community want it put to megabytes we could instruct bittrex to do it. There are some  costs associated though.

djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:28:13 PM

Even 10 x is quite a lot, i would say x5 , but who know what will happens!

well IOTA is now about 100x more expensive then byteball, all that with inferior tech. Even without the publicity stunts and lies that IOTA did, I would still expect 10x. I don't think it's unreasonable. Byteball has waaaay more room to grow.
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:34:29 PM

Please help me understand the current value of blackbytes in my wallets. I have two wallets and one reports 1,165,199,757

and other one reports 630,012,142 as count of blackbytes.

1,165,199,757 = 1.16 GB
   630,012,142 = 0.63 GB

So, Bytes or Blackbytes, it's just a number.

Blackbytes are currently worth about .05 the value of bytes.

So, 1.16GB of Blackbytes (1.16GBB (gigablackbytes)) is worth about .058 GB (gigabytes)

Yes i actually saw that live. It was great to hear Byteball mentioned but i didnt expect a pump like the one we are having. I guess there are a lot of new guys just looking for any scrap or hint of which coin is going to moon next.

I don't think that's what the cause was.  Richard, not quite as well known as Tone, has been talking about Byteball for a while now.  Something else happened to drive the price hike.

Damn. Bargain hunting season didn't last long. That's a shame.
Richard Heart been plugging Byteball for a while now.

It's still a bargain.   Smiley

When someone says that, I normally offer to give a big unit to that person.  I have done this many times with bitcoin.  In a way, both people win.  This has cost me so much money (happily) that I've learned not to offer it anymore.
So, this time, I'll just say that I hope you're right!

It's only a begin.

I expect the price will drop and pump ago.

You're right!

Sorry just re-read this.

Some parts are incorrect. We (boolberry community) simply paid bittrex to rename bbr to xbb and they did it next day. If you pay the exchange does what you want.

If we the community want it put to megabytes we could instruct bittrex to do it. There are some  costs associated though.

That's terrible.  (The ability to pay an exchange to do what you want.)
I guess now would be the better time since not all exchanges have it listed yet.
I wouldn't mind paying it myself depending on the cost.

Was it the community that made it happen or the BB devs which had to make the contact.  Probably the latter.
Maybe first contact https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/ and/or https://coinlib.io/coin/GBYTE/Byteball to get them to change to MByte instead of GByte.

well IOTA is now about 100x more expensive then byteball, all that with inferior tech. Even without the publicity stunts and lies that IOTA did, I would still expect 10x. I don't think it's unreasonable. Byteball has waaaay more room to grow.

Agreed.  And the Mircosoft fiasco which the public found out causing the recent dump on IOTA after it's huge rise.

-----------------
Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?ritual-once-pulp-enroll-exclude-monitor-grace-tomato-hurry-update-barrel-soul

denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:52:49 PM

I didn't follow the project for quite some time but I like this recent increase in value. Gbytes deserves to reach much more higher what development and work is back on this coin. This will surely make its way easy by easy but steadily and that is matter most.
Pages: « 1 ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 [790] 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: