Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234007 times)
pineapple express

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:10:00 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 09:24:47 AM by pineapple express

I would like to encourage all remaining critics to raise their voices clearly. This is the only way to turn the tide and finish the endless series of wrong decisions.

You should finally be taken seriously.

This continued arrogance and ignorance on the part of management and development must stop. This aloof faction does not orient itself to the needs of the users, but rather indulges in its own narcissism.

The submissive sectarians here are certainly not a solution but the main cause of the problem. They are only promoting the regime of their autocratic dictator.

We need a roadmap that will be worked out in dialogue with you.
What we don't need is a permanent farce that will be stuck over us bit by bit.

I agree with you on a point, Byteball team has to improve its communication and they are working on it. But Rome wasn't build in a day.

I'm pretty sure that Anton and the Byteball team see all your comments but your negative tonality don't deserve answer. Try to be polite instead of using despicable words like arrogance, ignorance, narcissism, submissives, sectarians, autocratic or dictator because this don't encourage dialogue. It's offensive.

Try to moderate yourself because nobody will do that for you and you could be certainly more useful if only you used your energy promoting Byteball instead of propagating negativity.
You never listen to us.
Just some facts
Bitcoin & bytebal airdrops:
1. people joined such as: Marc De Mesel, Richard Heart, Kaiserex, Milan enthusiast, @neversaynever, @seb, @pxrunes, Rogier Eijkelhof. Very small part of what i can remember. And thousands of not so publicly but still active people. Check first pages of this and russian threads.
‏2. have placed gbyte in top 40.
3. created one of the largest communities in the altcoin space (check the first pages, early slack).
4. listing to one of the biggest altcoin exchange at that times (bitrex).
5. created one of the largest hype in the altcoin space.
5. a) created liquidity, without which adoption is impossible.
6. added hundreds of merchants in Milano
simple, unrelated questions:
 Why did you cancel airdrop, if you could just reduce the volume?
 Do you think steam bots, bitcointalk shitposters, twitter reposters added more value than early followers which came here from bitcoin airdrop? Do you even count it in some way? Or you just turned on the crazy mode and follow your paranoik advisors?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarmo888

Activity: 563

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:24:17 AM

I would like to encourage all remaining critics to raise their voices clearly. This is the only way to turn the tide and finish the endless series of wrong decisions.

You should finally be taken seriously.

This continued arrogance and ignorance on the part of management and development must stop. This aloof faction does not orient itself to the needs of the users, but rather indulges in its own narcissism.

The submissive sectarians here are certainly not a solution but the main cause of the problem. They are only promoting the regime of their autocratic dictator.

We need a roadmap that will be worked out in dialogue with you.
What we don't need is a permanent farce that will be stuck over us bit by bit.

I agree with you on a point, Byteball team has to improve its communication and they are working on it. But Rome wasn't build in a day.

I'm pretty sure that Anton and the Byteball team see all your comments but your negative tonality don't deserve answer. Try to be polite instead of using despicable words like arrogance, ignorance, narcissism, submissives, sectarians, autocratic or dictator because this don't encourage dialogue. It's offensive.

Try to moderate yourself because nobody will do that for you and you could be certainly more useful if only you used your energy promoting Byteball instead of propagating negativity.
You never listen to us.
Just some facts
Bitcoin & bytebal airdrops:
1. people joined such as: Marc De Mesel, Richard Heart, Kaiserex, Milan enthusiast, @neversaynever, @seb, @pxrunes, Rogier Eijkelhof. Very small part of what i can remember. And thousands of not so publicly but still active people. Check first pages of this and russian threads.
‏2. have placed gbyte in top 40.
3. created one of the largest communities in the altcoin space (check the first pages, early slack).
4. listing to one of the biggest altcoin exchange at that times (bitrex).
5. created one of the largest hype in the altcoin space.
5. a) created liquidity, without which adoption is impossible.
6. added hundreds of merchants in Milano
simple question:
 Why did you cancel airdrop, if you could just reduce the volume?
 Do you think steam bots, bitcointalk shitposters, twitter reposters added more value than early followers which came here from bitcoin airdrop? Do you even count it in some way? Or you just turned on the crazy mode and follow your paranoik advisors without own thinking?

Seriously? Reasons why it was cancelled has been told many time over and over again. Here, you can read it yourself https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg30564528#msg30564528
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:28:52 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 09:48:05 AM by Thul

You never listen to us.
[...]
That's right!
I have already argued with angels' tongues and tried to lead the project in an important direction... you don't even get an answer.

At some point it's enough and you just have to get clearer.
Most critics probably showed less perseverance and have left the sinking ship for a long time.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:36:31 AM

[...]
You never listen to us.
[...]
That's right!
I have already argued with angels' tongues and tried to lead the project in an important direction... you don't even get an answer.

At some point it's enough and you just have to get clearer. Most critics probably showed less perseverance and have left the sinking ship for a long time.

This also goes both ways. You explain people why Bitcoin airdrop was not good enough, but still get questions like "But, why cancel airdrops?".
Same thing with 12 witnesses, no matter how many times it has been explained why anonymous witnesses won't work, but nobody listens, still get questions like "But why not random 12 witnesses from a pool of unlimited number of anonymous witnesses?".

So, who is not listening who?
pineapple express

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:38:01 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 09:54:10 AM by pineapple express

Seriously? Reasons why it was cancelled has been told many time over and over again. Here, you can read it yourself https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg30564528#msg30564528
But last few airdrops failed to attract any significant number of new users while quickly consuming the undistributed pool

- The goal is not only to attract, but also to keep existing community. Saving existing community in the network without use cases and airdrops! How? Tony did you even think about it?
- The last few airdrops is not a representative sample to make conclusions, especially when the results of actions based on these findings may entail the death of the nascent community.
- Why it was impossible to make a soft decision and instead of cancelling only reduce the volume?

side note. You throw links, the content of which you not tried to accept critically. In trying to show me the obvious. You have not answered to any of my questions. As a sectarian following the leader blindly.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 09:46:28 AM

But last few airdrops failed to attract any significant number of new users while quickly consuming the undistributed pool

- The goal is not only to attract, but also to keep existing community. Saving existing community in the network without use cases! How? Tony did you even think about it?
- The last few airdrops is not a representative sample to make conclusions, especially when the results of actions based on these findings may entail the death of the nascent community.
- Why it was impossible to make a soft decision and instead of cancelling only reduce the volume?
side note. You throw links, the content of which you not tried to accept critically. In trying to show me the obvious. You have not answered to any of my questions. As a sectarian following the leader blindly.

Of course, makes total sense, if somebody agrees with something then they must be just following blindly because it is not possible that anybody than me has brain and could have their own thoughts Tongue
pineapple express

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:08:06 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 10:24:13 AM by pineapple express

- The goal is not only to attract, but also to keep existing community. Saving existing community in the network without use cases! How? Tony did you even think about it?

Of course, makes total sense, if somebody agrees with something then they must be just following blindly because it is not possible that anybody than me has brain and could have their own thoughts Tongue
it is not so much about consent, but about the rejection of reality. The case against was not considered and the community was destroyed. Now there is no community, no merchants, price destroyed. You right, agreeing with someone does not mean being a sectarian. Being a sectarian means following the leader even when everyone around see an alternate reality.
The truth sounds on almost every page of this topic in the past 8 months: removing the only initiative of be a ball holder, Tony did not provide a qualitative alternative. If Tony had not been so harsh, he would have understood that without use cases community will collapse without airdrops. Because there are alternatives on the market that have either use cases, or holding initiatives, or both. Airdrop was a glue, keeping the community together and making it productive, until the real use cases will not cover the majority of the community.
Thul

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:23:25 AM

@pineapple express
Hardcore sectarians are generally not capable of critical, creative and differentiated dialogue. Discussions with these religious zealots usually lead nowhere.
Switching on the ignore filter would make sense and would also prevent this thread from being spammed with useless discussions.

Let us hope that the critical spirits of the past will find their way back here and will now be more offensive.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:54:36 AM

Thing is Tonych works very hard compared to most devs and is of course smarter than 99% of other devs too.

Needs to  be more of a team player than lone wolf. Community and trust is important to gain the network effect that is lacking here.

And what are you basing this opinion on? Do you have first hand experience working with Tony or you just like to speculate and talk how things should be?

My experience as developer has been totally different with Tony. Never considered him as lone wolf and he delegates lot of work to other people, even when it seems like he is doing everything.

Also, never felt that he doesn't trust people, so I don't get where you get this from. I guess trust is a two-way street, after a while you give up explaining why some things are the way they are (12 non-anonymous witnesses), especially when some of the stuff argued here are documented multiple times over and over.

There are plenty of people with their own opinion how things should be in cryptoverse. None of the projects need people like that, only people who make things happening are needed.

I have first hand experience on telling him 100x at the start of this project not to knowingly allow huge swathes of this to go for free into the hands of other ico mangers

Sadly now these competitors had huge bags of free byteball we had to stop the airdrops to those that INVESTED in buying byteball on the basis of getting the free airdrops. This destroyed trust further.

I have seen multiple people call for a change in the exchange unit to megabyte so that the huge group of people that are under the impression that byteball was too expensive to risk investing so went with the far cheaper iota.

I leave the design to the experts like tony. The obvious things that damage the project that could be changed quite simply he does not listen to at all.

"There are plenty of people with their own opinion how things should be in cryptoverse. None of the projects need people like that, only people who make things happening are needed"

Wrong again. The plenty are always needed in some way else you will get no network effect a be relegated to page 10 on cmc.

You simply need a leadership who can bring the plenty around to their way of thinking. On the deeper technical aspects it is not essential the plenty understand what is beyond their scope. However on other more straight forward matters discussion is required to build a strong community. Without that then it is highly unlikely you will get the network effect required to become relevant here. When a community feels it is ignored it will move away to other projects.

I like tony and he seems very honest and hardworking. He should employ a good community manager whom can interface with him and the community.

Thul

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:19:38 AM

I like tony and he seems very honest and hardworking. He should employ a good community manager whom can interface with him and the community.
This!
Thul

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:42:52 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 11:58:34 AM by Thul

Why We Are Integrating Ethereum into OpenBazaar
Oct 31, 2018
In a previous article we explained how we’re integrating Ethereum into OpenBazaar in addition to Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Zcash. In this article we want to talk about why we’re integrating Ethereum.

[...]
https://openbazaar.org/blog/why-we-are-integrating-ethereum-into-openbazaar/

Instead of Ethereum, bite ball would certainly have been more interesting.

Bite ball needs above all usability, so I pointed out this option several months ago. But at that time bite ball was still in the top 50.

But that doesn't matter. You can integrate the OpenBazaar concept completely within bite ball, as already mentioned several times.
joe1823

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:45:11 PM

Thing is Tonych works very hard compared to most devs and is of course smarter than 99% of other devs too.

Needs to  be more of a team player than lone wolf. Community and trust is important to gain the network effect that is lacking here.

And what are you basing this opinion on? Do you have first hand experience working with Tony or you just like to speculate and talk how things should be?

My experience as developer has been totally different with Tony. Never considered him as lone wolf and he delegates lot of work to other people, even when it seems like he is doing everything.

Also, never felt that he doesn't trust people, so I don't get where you get this from. I guess trust is a two-way street, after a while you give up explaining why some things are the way they are (12 non-anonymous witnesses), especially when some of the stuff argued here are documented multiple times over and over.

There are plenty of people with their own opinion how things should be in cryptoverse. None of the projects need people like that, only people who make things happening are needed.

There should be no trust, that's the core element of crypto.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 01:43:43 PM

You simply need a leadership who can bring the plenty around to their way of thinking. On the deeper technical aspects it is not essential the plenty understand what is beyond their scope. However on other more straight forward matters discussion is required to build a strong community. Without that then it is highly unlikely you will get the network effect required to become relevant here. When a community feels it is ignored it will move away to other projects.

I wish that would be true, but unfortunately people have not moved on, they still whine here on Bitcointalk, every day is like film Groundhog Day.

Byteball has nice community in Slack and Reddit where FUDers get banned or downvoted, only Bitcointalk is the only one that is still toxic and full of people who have not moved on.

It is impossible to read any announcements here because these posts get buried with constant whining about something that happened 10 months ago.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:36:36 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 07:20:59 PM by cryptohunter

I wish that would be true, but unfortunately people have not moved on, they still whine here on Bitcointalk, every day is like film Groundhog Day.

Byteball has nice community in Slack and Reddit where FUDers get banned or downvoted, only Bitcointalk is the only one that is still toxic and full of people who have not moved on.

It is impossible to read any announcements here because these posts get buried with constant whining about something that happened 10 months ago.

What you wish is of no matter to the project really. What the majority wish for is far more important.

When a significant proportion of the community are asking for things that are ignored without a debate then that is damaging to the community.

The fact you are wishing for the community to leave for other projects because they are disturbed by the fact tony does not listen to the very reasonable requests of many here and will not even offer debate is a sign that you are not suitable to interact as the community manager. In fact with this attitude I would say your connection to the project is very damaging.

When people brand things as FUD when they are actually  observable events where they demonstrate that the team fucked up you know there is an issue.

Bitcointalk is a place where you can't downvote and silence people that easily.

I see no FUD in what I presented to you. Let's hear your side. I await with interest when people want to convince others that presenting observable events is FUD.

If you are the new spokesman for byteball then this is a step back from Tonych just ignoring valid points.

Whining ... I hear this word a lot when those making poor decisions are explaining to investors why they must pay for their gross errors of judgment.

Noob trash, even coders have no experience with bitcointalk's community and if you are thinking you can leave and build echo chambers and circle jerk each other off and build a network effect anything like you can at bitcointalk you are again wrong. This is the jumping ground for new crypto investors. So master building a community here or whither and die elsewhere.

DAG is not the buzz term it once was so byteball will have to actually out perform other projects in real functional terms to get ahead now.

If you really are part of the byteball team you need to realise your comments are here for good and therefore it is best not to put the byteball team in a bad light.

Dr_Voidberg

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:42:06 PM

Is Eli Taranto not PR manager of Byteball anymore? Did he leave?
Thul

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:14:28 PM

[...]
If you are the new spokesman for byteball then this is a step back from Tonych just ignoring valid points.
[...]
A dictatorial leader naturally runs a dictatorial regime.
That the members of the team are as they are is certainly no coincidence.

Contradiction is punished.
Too bad that it doesn't work in bitcointalk...
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:08:38 AM

The Byteball ICO website will be launching shortly.

But just to clarify: it's a website to better showcase how the Byteball platform is ideal for running an ICO. Byteball will not be having its own ICO!
That's really awesome. Now that the ICOs have fallen into disrepute worldwide.  Roll Eyes

Well, what's in deep crisis is the whole Ethereum-based ICO projects compartment, as every ICO team is dumping ETH to get the FIAT they need for running their projects and this is crashing ETH's price which in turn is crashing their tokens' price in a never ending vicious circle.
ICOs which were held on other platforms (like Smartlands which was held on Stellar) are now in a better condition. Therefore, it could be in fact a good moment to come out with the Byteball ICO website - now that Ethereum is declining perhaps the market is ready for other platforms, and while ETH is quite likely to continue to slide (taking down its token with it), Byteball is quite likely to have bottomed or to be near bottom, and therefore has so much more upside potential than Ethereum, since total cap is now sooo much lower. It goes without saying that such an upside potential for Byteball implies also a huge upside potential for the tokens which will be created on Byteball's platform. This aspect is something which perhaps should be outlined in the upcoming website.
CryptoUnicornRider

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:39:15 AM

Propagandists are really boring and their choice of words reveal the origin of their prose.
PinchClock

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:08:24 AM

There are now over 1,000 active WCG contributors! Join us at: https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=R1RD1XTFK92

Thul

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:40:46 AM

Almost all Altcoin projects are in a deep crisis.
Of course, this should not be surprising. What use, apart from speculation, do they have?

ICOs generally have a bad reputation. The media have already taken care of that. An ordinary outsider does not distinguish between ETH & Co.

All projects should finally take care of the increase in demand, and that starts at the beginning: Direct exchange of Fiat <=> Crypto, integrated into the own app . - BISQ is showing the way.

Am I actually the only one here who sells real goods against Crypto and therefore knows the wishes of his customers, probably because I also ask?
Pages: « 1 ... 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: