Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:48:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233999 times)
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:41:40 AM

Regulated markets do not want crypto.
Unregulated markets do not want Fiat.

Where does bite ball orient itself?
That's right. Towards the regulated markets.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thul

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:50:18 AM

A turnaround is not yet in sight.

"Historical index for the Byteball Bytes price prediction: D
[..]
Byteball Bytes price equal to 45.329 USD at 2018-11-03, but your current investment may be devalued in the future."

https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/byteball-bytes-prediction

The development of prices is an indicator of demand. Without a fundamental basis there is no demand, and speculators have no interest at the moment.
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 12:52:26 PM
Merited by rty (1)

You simply need a leadership who can bring the plenty around to their way of thinking. On the deeper technical aspects it is not essential the plenty understand what is beyond their scope. However on other more straight forward matters discussion is required to build a strong community. Without that then it is highly unlikely you will get the network effect required to become relevant here. When a community feels it is ignored it will move away to other projects.

I like tony and he seems very honest and hardworking. He should employ a good community manager whom can interface with him and the community.

I wish that would be true, but unfortunately people have not moved on, they still whine here on Bitcointalk, every day is like film Groundhog Day.

Byteball has nice community in Slack and Reddit where FUDers get banned or downvoted, only Bitcointalk is the only one that is still toxic and full of people who have not moved on.

It is impossible to read any announcements here because these posts get buried with constant whining about something that happened 10 months ago.

What you wish is of no matter to the project really. What the majority wish for is far more important.

When a significant proportion of the community are asking for things that are ignored without a debate then that is damaging to the community.

The fact you are wishing for the community to leave for other projects because they are disturbed by the fact tony does not listen to the very reasonable requests of many here and will not even offer debate is a sign that you are not suitable to interact as the community manager. In fact with this attitude I would say your connection to the project is very damaging.

When people brand things as FUD when they are actually  observable events where they demonstrate that the team fucked up you know there is an issue.

Bitcointalk is a place where you can't downvote and silence people that easily.

I see no FUD in what I presented to you. Let's hear your side. I await with interest when people want to convince others that presenting observable events is FUD.

If you are the new spokesman for byteball then this is a step back from Tonych just ignoring valid points.

Whining ... I hear this word a lot when those making poor decisions are explaining to investors why they must pay for their gross errors of judgment.

Noob trash, even coders have no experience with bitcointalk's community and if you are thinking you can leave and build echo chambers and circle jerk each other off and build a network effect anything like you can at bitcointalk you are again wrong. This is the jumping ground for new crypto investors. So master building a community here or whither and die elsewhere.

DAG is not the buzz term it once was so byteball will have to actually out perform other projects in real functional terms to get ahead now.

If you really are part of the byteball team you need to realise your comments are here for good and therefore it is best not to put the byteball team in a bad light.

I think you missed the semantics of what people usually mean by saying "I wish that what you say would be true", so you don't have to explain me the majority wish, that was not the point of that sentence.

I am not sure why you trying to pin the community manager role on me, I have never said that I have this role, I am just a developer and these are my personal opinions.

Maybe you don't see a Byteball community managers here on Bitcointalk because they find it hopeless to have any serious discussions here, where everybody just shouts out their opinions how things should be done, over and over again. It could be also because Bitcointalk lacks proper moderation like Reddit has.

And here is what you get totally wrong: Byteball team does listen (community has forced it to hire a branding agency), but community wishes are not commands, so you can't say that they should do this or that, and everything is not up for debate. If you are suggesting something that changes the fundamentals of this coin then you are always free to fork it. There are already some forks of Byteball andt this is same for other projects as well, if you don't like Bitcoin ASICs, you fork it and make it ASIC-resistant.

Same way with Bitcoin, if you start telling that Bitcoin should use micro-Bitcoin instead of Bitcoin because BTC looks too expensive, nobody will take you seriously. Nice idea, but no go. If you build your own service that handles Bitcoin, you are free to use whatever units you want, same way with Byteball - on bots it is whatever the developer thinks makes sense, but on exchanges it's GBYTE.
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:15:14 PM

it's a pity, i hope the Project can survive.
Thul

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:02:00 PM

it's a pity, i hope the Project can survive.
If everyone is just waiting for the next mischief of the regime, that certainly won't happen.

Moving the Alps to the North Sea is certainly an impressive achievement, but what is the benefit?

Ask your neighborhood why they are not interested in Cryptos and analyze the reactions.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:07:13 PM

Ask your neighborhood why they are not interested in Cryptos and analyze the reactions.

You should also remember to ask your neighbothood what they think about crypto once the financial market will have crashed worse than 2008 - as it surely will, and they will have lost their beloved FIAT money. I see many people now saying Byteball (as all of crypto) have no real world use. That's quite true... for now. But don't forget why Bitcoin was allegedly created in the first place: to create a form of money which would not disappear by magic as FIAT money DID disappear and in big quantities in 2008.
We're now just setting the foundations for the future. And compared to other coins Byteball's tech is outstanding in this process.
phanphanphuyen

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:31:44 AM

There is room for a good 20 -50 x from here on the next bull if a few things are sorted out before then.
It is way below value right now.
It is obviously that GBYTE has been undervalued, highly undervalued by now.
Nevertheless, 20-50x profits from current price, really?
Your forecast almost blow my mind away.  Roll Eyes

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:25:23 AM

There is room for a good 20 -50 x from here on the next bull if a few things are sorted out before then.
Your forecast almost blow my mind away.  Roll Eyes

Once the distribution is finished x20 is very likely, if it was via the original plan of moon airdrop x50 would be possible. The uncertainty over the distribution with so much still in dev control is a huge negative on the market.
Thul

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:21:14 AM

You should also remember to ask your neighbothood what they think about crypto once the financial market will have crashed worse than 2008 - as it surely will, and they will have lost their beloved FIAT money. I see many people now saying Byteball (as all of crypto) have no real world use. That's quite true... for now. But don't forget why Bitcoin was allegedly created in the first place: to create a form of money which would not disappear by magic as FIAT money DID disappear and in big quantities in 2008.
We're now just setting the foundations for the future. And compared to other coins Byteball's tech is outstanding in this process.
Who exactly is the bite balls target group?
Mine, i.e. the producer and trader at least not. As a result, not the consumers either.

My customers pay with Bitcoin. The customers of others especially with Monero. The latter in particular is becoming increasingly important. Monero has the highest turnover on BISQ.

When Fiat crashes also the regulated markets crash.
The already exponentially growing unregulated market will then gain enormous popularity and correspondingly the currencies that dominate this market, mainly because there is an infrastructure for it.

So who should be interested in bite ball?
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 09:19:14 AM

Mine, i.e. the producer and trader at least not. As a result, not the consumers either.

My customers pay with Bitcoin. The customers of others especially with Monero. The latter in particular is becoming increasingly important. Monero has the highest turnover on BISQ.

The already exponentially growing unregulated market will then gain enormous popularity and correspondingly the currencies that dominate this market, mainly because there is an infrastructure for it.

We will see. No real predictions can be made for the day FIAT will crash. We'll then enter a stage of extreme chaos and therefore total unpredictibility. It's reasonable to think that the easiest to use coins will at that point eventually get sudden adoption by those unable to deal with more complicate coins and thrive. I find Byteball one of the most easy to use around, even though that aspect still can improved.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 09:51:26 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 10:03:07 AM by tarmo888

Your forecast almost blow my mind away.  Roll Eyes

Once the distribution is finished x20 is very likely, if it was via the original plan of moon airdrop x50 would be possible. The uncertainty over the distribution with so much still in dev control is a huge negative on the market.

Can you even specify how much is that "so much"? Are we waiting Bitcoin also to finish their distribution, so it could moon? How much Bitcoin is still to be distributed? Something like 18%?

In reality, 67% of bytes has been already distributed (most of that to Bitcoin holders). 1% goes to founder and 10% to Byteball Foundation (development and marketing) - this makes that 22% is still left to distribute. It is not that much and it is not that different than Bitcoin. Only difference is that Byteball tries to distribute it fairly, but Bitcoin basically distributes to those already rich guys who have the most computing power.
https://medium.com/byteball/the-future-of-byteball-the-byteball-foundation-cca9d495bf46

Not everything is under dev control either, for example, community fund is in 3-of-4 multisig wallet https://wiki.byteball.org/Byteball_community_fund#Security

Maybe if we stop spreading FUD then the price wouldn't drop so much. Byteball has this weird community who basically sabotages itself all the time by speaking ill about their own investment. Sometimes it feels like most people here just wishes that the price would drop even more.
Thul

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:03:49 AM

We will see. No real predictions can be made for the day FIAT will crash. We'll then enter a stage of extreme chaos and therefore total unpredictibility. It's reasonable to think that the easiest to use coins will at that point eventually get sudden adoption by those unable to deal with more complicate coins and thrive. I find Byteball one of the most easy to use around, even though that aspect still can improved.
This consideration has more to do with religion (hope and believe) than with facts.
Depending on the wallet, the use of Bitcoin may not be more complicated. - But here there are clear, prominent features:
They trade Fiat directly for Bitcoin. Why? Because it is possible.
You exchange Bitcoin for goods and services. Why? Because there is a growing infrastructure for it.

None of this can be offered by bite ball. Worse still: The bite ball regime has so far consistently ignored the naming of both factors. Rather one deals there with the development of useless nonsense.

Consequence: Although technically better it will undoubtedly sink in the flood of other Altcoins, simply because the benefit is missing or cannot be convincingly conveyed. The demand is missing, and with a dumb distribution policy it is not increased either.
pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 10:46:51 AM

Only difference is that Byteball tries to distribute it fairly, but Bitcoin basically distributes to those already rich guys who have the most computing power.
Is it not fair that the person who made risky investments in mining made the right bet and is now rich, while the average tarmo888 spent his savings on cakes, apartment renovation, a deposit in a bank and now he envies to miners? Are you one of those communists who believe that justice is when a lazy idiot and a talented entrepreneur own an equal share of wealth?
altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:02:06 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 11:30:47 AM by altcoinb

This consideration has more to do with religion (hope and believe) than with facts.
Depending on the wallet, the use of Bitcoin may not be more complicated. - But here there are clear, prominent features:
They trade Fiat directly for Bitcoin. Why? Because it is possible.
You exchange Bitcoin for goods and services. Why? Because there is a growing infrastructure for it.

None of this can be offered by bite ball. Worse still: The bite ball regime has so far consistently ignored the naming of both factors. Rather one deals there with the development of useless nonsense.

Consequence: Although technically better it will undoubtedly sink in the flood of other Altcoins, simply because the benefit is missing or cannot be convincingly conveyed. The demand is missing, and with a dumb distribution policy it is not increased either.
that's all right, bitcoin have the biggest infrastructure and the most famous.
but maybe is not for all time. You know the story of netscape, lycos, yahoo, altabista, fireball and co?
The infrastructure is very fast change to a other coin.
If tomorrow litecoin is the favorite for all, how much time they need to change?

Something bothers me:
You are right in many points, but he depends on the tone.
You say we are not enough objectively and you use words like "The bite ball regime", why?

Come on, we discuss factually. Criticism is important, but your point of view all altcoins are shit.
If Byteball have the same growing infrastructure, who win the race? (just a mind game)
With Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero whatever the same, DOGE too  Wink

*Indeed the bitcoin lightning network kill in the future many alts.

Happy sunday to you all!!
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 11:21:45 AM

Only difference is that Byteball tries to distribute it fairly, but Bitcoin basically distributes to those already rich guys who have the most computing power.
Is it not fair that the person who made risky investments in mining made the right bet and is now rich, while the average tarmo888 spent his savings on cakes, apartment renovation, a deposit in a bank and now he envies to miners? Are you one of those communists who believe that justice is when a lazy idiot and a talented entrepreneur own an equal share of wealth?

I don't envy miners because I wouldn't want to be one. I am talking about what is the goal of Byteball distribution, which is fair distribution and mass adoption - as many as possible should get some bytes. You are confusing Byteball with lottery where the ones who risked the most might win the most.

And Google communism, you don't understand what is communism, you use that word just to offend other people. Communism is not about lazy idiot and a tallented entrepreneur having equal share of wealth. Maybe you will learn something about socialism too, but Byteball is not socialism either - Byteball distribution is not a redistribution of wealth, it is just initial distribution of coins, to get this thing started.

Also, Google a word "fair", it means "treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination", so only one distribution method is not fair. To be fair, there needs to be as many as possible distribution methods. Also, distributing to early Bitcoin holders is not fair because they got those long time ago when the price was much cheaper. Basically, distributing to Bitcoin holders limits the number of people who could get the bytes and rewards heavenly very early Bitcoin investors.

It is kind of amazing that this is still not understood, even when almost a year has past, everybody just thinks about their own ass, how to acquire as many bytes as possible.
Thul

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:17:50 PM

You are right in many points, but he depends on the tone.
You say we are not enough objectively and you use words like "The bite ball regime", why?
Because here you can't get any further with friendliness.
The demands, which I repeat from the view of a manufacturer and trader here in every second posting are now more than a year old and are arrogantly ignored. That means you don't even get an answer to your objections, not even by email.
Now I am, considering the unnecessary omissions, just angry.

Since I am probably the only trader here with corresponding needs, I feel like a caller in the desert. The other critics rather complain about points that don't affect me and my colleagues so much.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:13:06 PM

Maybe you don't see a Byteball community managers here on Bitcointalk because they find it hopeless to have any serious discussions here, where everybody just shouts out their opinions how things should be done, over and over again. It could be also because Bitcointalk lacks proper moderation like Reddit has.

just shouts opinions of how things should be done??

1. the full moon airdrops were what many investors based their investment on. Asking them to continue as promised is not shouting opinions like shouting out random uneducated requests regarding technical matters beyond their understanding. This has destroyed faith in the project.

2. saying don't knowing give HUGE amounts of the entire minting to ico managers from competing projects - same as above

3. noticing swathes of noobs in threads everywhere calling byteball expensive and iota cheap is again simply an observation.

Don't try to claim that reasonable,sensible and logical statements/requests are nothing other that people and screaming random opinions with no foundations worth a debate.

the fact you would try to call them fud is even more amusing.

Go fork your own project is not what you say to a community after receiving their support for years.

The fact someone gave you a merit for such a reply is a demonstration of person lacking basic understanding of english. You can not merit someone for posting totally false and misleading nonsense.

There are many projects with very good community managers and board managers. The fact they can get along with bitcointalk but you can not - - then perhaps you should look at yourselves not point fingers at a dissatisfied community.

I notice the only projects that start complaining about the behaviour of their communities on bitcointalk are those that follow the same pattern of changing the rules half way through and not listening at all to feedback from the community.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:23:33 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 01:35:39 PM by cryptohunter

In reality, 67% of bytes has been already distributed (most of that to Bitcoin holders). 1% goes to founder and 10% to Byteball Foundation (development and marketing) - this makes that 22% is still left to distribute. It is not that much and it is not that different than Bitcoin. Only difference is that Byteball tries to distribute it fairly, but Bitcoin basically distributes to those already rich guys who have the most computing power.

Look the fact you said this shows me I am dealing with a completely insane individual.

Byteball gave the vast majority of Byteball to the ALREADY RICHEST GUYS THE GUYS THAT HAD ALREADY THE MOST BITCOINS. The tiny % left is not going to change that.

I am not trying to destroy the price of byteball. I own a lot of byteball.

The suggestions I have ever made are for the good of byteball. To try a pass them as fud is complete insanity.

Let's forget the issue with the distribution it is over and we can not change it.

Let's forget the issue with lying to byteball investors about full moon airdrops. It is done.

Let's consider changing the units on exchanges to megabytes before the next bull run and next wave of noobs telling us byteball is too expensive and we will buy cheaper iota.

Let's try and consider and debate in a sensible way any future suggestions from the community that seem logical and are favoured by a proportion of the community and not just ignore them.

I am confident in this project pulling a x20 -x50 if we can make a few small changes and improvments.

pineapple express

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:38:03 PM

this makes that 22% is still left to distribute. Only difference is that Byteball tries to distribute it fairly, but Bitcoin basically distributes to those already rich guys who have the most computing power.
meanwhile Max Kordek ceo of lisk own the biggest individual byterbal wallet Cheesy
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:48:05 PM

this makes that 22% is still left to distribute. Only difference is that Byteball tries to distribute it fairly, but Bitcoin basically distributes to those already rich guys who have the most computing power.
meanwhile Max Kordek ceo of lisk own the biggest byterbal individual wallet, and paid $0. Are you crazy tarmo888?

Let's take a vote to freeze that wallet, and any other huge wallets we know ico managers are holding.

Sure going back on the rules is something we have done before that affected lots of small investors was not cool so going back on the rules to rectify a huge mistake will soon blow over.

I could have linked much more btc to get free byteballs but only linked a tiny amount to not be greedy. Others had no such worries. You can not rely on peoples sense of fair play. They just take the max they can.

Anyway let's all try to get along and not let infighting destroy the community further.

Just in future let's debate any sensible requests from the community that gets some traction with others here.

Pages: « 1 ... 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: