Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:53:17 PM

I don't care about what company is doing it or the name a simple answer to a tapeout might just completely satisfy everyone here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:02:19 PM

I think our wires are getting crossed.

Company approaches ORSoC with a brief in which a bespoke ASIC is to be commissioned for their requirements. Whatever that huge multicore design was for as an example.

NDA is signed between company commissioning ORSoC for said design and ORSoC themselves.

ORSoC couldn't specifically name name's of clients relating to the multicore chip at the open day or go into detail as to it's purpose due to the client confidentiality between the client and ORSoC contained within an NDA.

I think you are shill for this potential fraudulent scheme a la BFL since your inception in this forum. I am excited to reach October as soon as possible only to know that no product was delivered by KnC. By then I expect you get what you deserve when people realize how they have being duped by you and KnC.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:31:32 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 09:45:12 PM by Bitcoinorama

Company approaches ORSoC with a brief in which a bespoke ASIC is to be commissioned for their requirements. Whatever that huge multicore design was for as an example.

NDA is signed between company commissioning ORSoC for said design and ORSoC themselves.

ORSoC couldn't specifically name name's of clients relating to the multicore chip at the open day or go into detail as to it's purpose due to the client confidentiality between the client and ORSoC contained within an NDA.

I think you are shill for this potential fraudulent scheme a la BFL since your inception in this forum. I am excited to reach October as soon as possible only to know that no product was delivered by KnC. By then I expect you get what you deserve when people realize how they have being duped by you and KnC.

Wink I'm going to hold you to that!

Tell me Sherlock what was my undoing? Was it the part where I suggested peeps should perform their own due diligence, check with their credit card company about recourse beyond Paypal's own 45 days, or the part about visiting them yourself?? (Which you clearly haven't).

I've reported what I saw as part of my own research. I won't throw all my funds at anyone company as I'm not sure what else the future holds, and i'm not daft. I've been totally honest the entire time.

I find it hilarious that on my return from sabbatical as I attended a friends wedding I'm getting constant abuse left, right and centre by loons accusing me of being a shill, yet I happily praise any company that proves to be genuine. Bitfury and Hashfast both appear to have real talented designers. Maybe you should read through my posting history before throwing wild unfounded accusations.

Still if shit happened and there was a delay beyond reasonable expectation (which would have nothing to do with me), then they would be guaranteed a refund by their CC company if they had followed my advise pertaining to how to minimise risk on their part. Why, prey tell would I advise people follow such common sense if I'm out to defraud anyone?! Still one thing's for sure selective hearing is rife on this forum, so no doubt I'd blamed regardless of people's inability to protect themselves...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:37:22 PM

Would you like to present at least a shred of evidence to support your claims about KNCminer?
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:50:27 PM

Maybe you should read through my posting history before throwing wild unfounded accusations...

Maybe you should look at my profile and realize I have been part of this forum long before your appearance... So I know what I talking about when I say that you and KnC are acting a la BFL. I watched the whole BFL ordeal unfold from the begin. KnC is just another business promising the same thing which was promissed by BFL, month after month:

"Hey guys and gals, we do not have a prototype or even the final design of an ASIC mining device, but we are certainly going to deliver on July August September October November December January February March April May June July."

That is, indeed, hilarious!
titomane

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:08:16 PM

Maybe you should read through my posting history before throwing wild unfounded accusations...

Maybe you should look at my profile and realize I have been part of this forum long before your appearance... So I know what I talking about when I say that you and KnC are acting a la BFL. I watched the whole BFL ordeal unfold from the begin. KnC is just another business promising the same thing which was promissed by BFL, month after month:

"Hey guys and gals, we do not have a prototype or even the final design of an ASIC mining device, but we are certainly going to deliver on July August September October November December January February March April May June July."

KNC may cheat us. You never know, even traveling to Stockholm and asking questions.
But tests have to put on the table, to say that someone is complicit in a scam. Do not confuse with FANBOYS that in this forum there are many as investors/2.

timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:13:24 PM

No.
No month after month.
No "In two weeks" as BFL did.
A firm delivery date. Which they haven't missed yet. Unlike BFL who have been saying "in two weeks" and nothing much else for a YEAR...to the effect that most of their hardware will be useless if and when it arrives and if it doesn't fry almost straight away or have a fake CE mark that gets it impounded by EU countries customs...etc. etc. BLF's performance is similar to a ponzi in as far as the main reason people ponzis work is that the early victims can't bring themselves to admit it and allow others to fall into the trap hoping it will all be roses in the end.

KnC have invited scrutiny in person already, people have been there and asked questions which were answered. In October buyers will be getting their machines, or they will have failed. IF they do, they'll have a chance to break even, BFL gear never will if they don't have it now. If it had arrivd when promised it would have been a different story, the story that buyers were told and trusted would happen. They have been let  down so very badly by a bunch of rank amateurs.

Anyone supporting BFL after what they've done is a sandwich short of a picnic.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:28:18 PM

ignore this douchebag, clearly just a little fuckin pussy troll.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 10:30:29 PM

So I other words you have no evidence to support your claims about KNCminer, I thought as much.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 11:23:59 PM

I other words you have no evidence to support your claims about KNCminer, I thought as much.

What evidence you want or would you even understand as evidence?

Tell me, KnC already presented any prototype? Do you understand that lack of evidence is sometimes the evidence itself?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 11:34:16 PM

I other words you have no evidence to support your claims about KNCminer, I thought as much.

What evidence you want or would you even understand as evidence?

Tell me, KnC already presented any prototype? Do you understand that lack of evidence is sometimes the evidence itself?

you watched from beginning but missed Mars?   or is that not enough for you?  they aren't building a pure asic from scratch.  The design was proved on Mars so they don't need to dance for you on everystep.  They are moving fast.  If they fail they fail but it won't be by wasting time with monkeys like you

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
gateway

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 11:56:55 PM

just a fyi to all..

If they deliver in sept.. but who knows sept could be sept 31st still Smiley

the longer we wait as a community for stuff the harder it is to make an ROI.. not impossible, esp people who pay for power..

So what ever company Knc, company b, c or d.. so prices need to come down on hardware.. I know boxes dont cost 7k to make Smiley anyhow..
Doff

Activity: 327

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:03:41 AM

just a fyi to all..

the longer we wait as a community for stuff the harder it is to make an ROI.. not impossible, esp people who pay for power..

So what ever company Knc, company b, c or d.. so prices need to come down on hardware.. I know boxes dont cost 7k to make Smiley anyhow..

Where do I find that really nice calculator?
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:04:42 AM

you watched from beginning but missed Mars?   or is that not enough for you?  they aren't building a pure asic from scratch.  The design was proved on Mars so they don't need to dance for you on everystep.  They are moving fast.  If they fail they fail but it won't be by wasting time with monkeys like you

I love this amazing unrelated names for devices which are just useful to calculate hashes and waste energy! "Mars", "Jupiter", "Saturn", "Mercury"! I wander when the "Pluto" will be finally released. Then will come the might 2nd generation of Bitcoin miners. KnC will release constellations, like "Hercules"!

Cheesy

Yeah, of course I missed the release of the FPGA prototype "Mars", which was just a teasing after all. "Mars" is not going to be produced, just "Jupiter", "Saturn" and "Mercury"!

So, let me be specific, there is any prototype/statement/diagram which indicates the three available miners are being produced in a time frame to be delivered in... September October?
DPoS

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:05:45 AM

just a fyi to all..

On one side you say the hardware is already over priced but then you predict the mining lemmings to continue the next year at breakneck speed with everyone throwing ROI out the window

Eventually only long term players will bother to mine which will taper the diff curve.   Unless AM, et all just want to take all their profits and hand it to the chip makers again and again...

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DPoS

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:07:10 AM

I love this amazing unrelated names for devices which are just useful to calculate hashes and waste energy! "Mars", "Jupiter", "Saturn", "Mercury"! I wander when the "Pluto" will be finally released. Then will come the might 2nd generation of Bitcoin miners. KnC will release constellations, like "Hercules"!

Cheesy

Yeah, of course I missed the release of the FPGA prototype "Mars", which was just a teasing after all. "Mars" is not going to be produced, just "Jupiter", "Saturn" and "Mercury"!

So, let me be specific, there is any prototype/statement/diagram which indicates the three available miners are being produced in a time frame to be delivered in... September October?

you missed the point where no one has to dance for you...  you didn't read and you ask 1000 questions..  you can put a mirror on the floor and look up your ass for your answers.. ok?

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 12:10:44 AM

You can't just make a single prototype ASIC chip, you have to have a whole wafer made, and I don't even think you can get that done individually by a fab anyway.

The only way to have a 'working prototype' would be to have an 'early batch' of a few hundred machines in September, then wait three months for the rest of the orders.  What's the point in doing that?

If you want to wait for proof, go ahead. There's no reason to call KnC a scam. So far, they haven't missed any deadlines.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:13:40 AM

you missed the point where no one has to dance for you...  you didn't read and you ask 1000 questions..  you can put a mirror on the floor and look up your ass for your answers.. ok?

OK, I understand it is difficult to you admit facts... Even if that means answer "no".

Grin

gateway

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:19:44 AM

just a fyi to all..

On one side you say the hardware is already over priced but then you predict the mining lemmings to continue the next year at breakneck speed with everyone throwing ROI out the window

Eventually only long term players will bother to mine which will taper the diff curve.   Unless AM, et all just want to take all their profits and hand it to the chip makers again and again...

These are not my calculations, its more of a hey, company A get off your ass and make sure your going to deliver in sept cause well diff is only going to get out of control, and yes most people will stop start to drop off but when 1 or 5Th/s is common next year only the big players who spent the cash will be mining..

anyhow more of a can we get some updates on the hardware KNC question than anything.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:22:49 AM

I guess the question I have is... what is the chance of getting a hole-in-one with their first stab at the chip.  It seems that bitfury missed his target by about 50% in performance, but it is still a useful chip and they are going with it.

The question is... can KnC/OrSoC get it all right the first time around.  Will they be able to work with it if their chip only does 50% performance.  They probably have enough profit margin to be able to product send twice as many units out to folks (like BFL Big Rigs) if performance was 1/2, but would they have enough chips?  I think also being from the U.S. of A., I don't want to have to deal with whatever VAT or Euro centric issues there are (and that is some of my own irrational baggage).

Those are the questions/issues that are keeping me on the sidelines until they have a chip with characterized performance.  That said, you guys who are willing to take a bigger risk are likely to reap a bigger reward (if it pans out) -- and I wish you luck.

It is so nice to see so many promising companies with products coming available in the short term.
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: