Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:38:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:29:36 PM

Seems legit LOL

hh, evidence added to previous post.)
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:35:16 PM

Guess you are just a whiner as CMMPro mentioned

yep, maybe you are right. otherwise, will see very soon, if my fears were entitled or not.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:35:19 PM

let the baby whine, just ignore him.
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:37:38 PM

1 Saturn to Czech? Wink
Xialla
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:39:39 PM

1 Saturn to Czech? Wink

have got 2 jupiters and 1 saturn, but only 1 jupiter mentioned in another thread. the rest is something like small groupbuy of my friends.)
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:40:51 PM

have got 2 jupiters and 1 saturn, but only 1 jupiter mentioned in another thread. the rest is something like small groupbuy of my friends.)

No wonder you're so panicky. I never get friends involved in investments/money type of stuff. Can get pretty weird if things go wrong.
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:43:48 PM

I think they won't be on time,but as long as they give updates on where they are in the process I think is what some are complaining about.It is a tough call but just as long as we're still within the timeline we should be patient.I also think KNC should give an update on where the ASIC chips are since silence is not a good thing.

Templer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:44:08 PM

I never get friends involved in investments/money type of stuff. Can get pretty weird if things go wrong.

+1!!!!
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:13:07 PM

Reading some of these posts I can't help but think this to myself:

For everyone demanding photos of the chips, Here's the anticipated photo of chips:

Now can all of the anxiety-stricken folks just chill out? lol Jeez. Seriously.

Best way to solve your problem: Decide that on X day (say.. 15Sep or 1Oct) if it hasn't shipped, you will request a refund. Then, you will not worry any longer, and you'll have your money back. The rest of us will be happy because you've STFU, and it'll be more hashing power for us to buy back.

Everyone wins!

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:28:09 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 05:39:05 PM by Phoenix1969

Xialla   ...  At first I was upset about your recent comments, but now I realize you are simply mentally or emotionally challenged over KNC's delivery dates, and are taking it out on us. I'm actually proud to be a member of the "KNC fan club", thank you for that BTW. Nothing has changed since the beginning, except your attitude toward fellow customers and KNC. If you can't live with your investment decisions, then stop investing; simple as that. We are not at fault for your misgivings; and YES, we shall indeed see in just a couple short weeks. Until then, whining & hurling insults isn't going to help anyone. My kid went through that phase too. I can't help but thinking you must be a teen? It's time to "Man up" and accept your decisions as your own, and stop spreading F.ear, U.ncertainty, and D.oubt.  FUD; because that's EXACTLY what you're doing, and that's known as "Trolling" in case you were unaware. It would be different if you had legit concerns, but since KNC is on track with all deliveries, I don't see anything in your recent posts worth legitimate concern. It all comes across as psychobabble & childlike gibberish.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:44:22 PM

Reading some of these posts I can't help but think this to myself:

For everyone demanding photos of the chips, Here's the anticipated photo of chips:

Now can all of the anxiety-stricken folks just chill out? lol Jeez. Seriously.

Best way to solve your problem: Decide that on X day (say.. 15Sep or 1Oct) if it hasn't shipped, you will request a refund. Then, you will not worry any longer, and you'll have your money back. The rest of us will be happy because you've STFU, and it'll be more hashing power for us to buy back.

Everyone wins!

Those are crisps..you eat fish with chips Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:46:42 PM

Some things that concern me.

Before KNCminer have shipped a single product they have:

- Discontinued the Mars product line.
- Disconnected the Mercury product line.
- Reduced their prices for future batches, thus people waiting for delivery at the old price must feel ripped off to know they have that much profit margin to play with.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:55:38 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 06:55:18 PM by Phoenix1969

Some things that concern me.
Before KNCminer have shipped a single product they have:
- Discontinued the Mars product line.
- Disconnected the Mercury product line.
- Reduced their prices for future batches, thus people waiting for delivery at the old price must feel ripped off to know they have that much profit margin to play with.

That is the way to post concerns!  Good Man

1. Mars was not going to be profitable, so they did us a favor there...

2.  Mercury is discontinued because they are now too small for future investment... and not cost-effective to build & sell anymore...yet another favor (not to mention Mercury is what invited so many children to the portfolio)

3. Reducing the price on future batches is a good thing, and people at the old price don't feel ripped at all because there is an entire month between receiving an October Jupiter, and an  Nov one.
If they did, there's nothing stopping them from cancelling their october order for a november one either.
Some of us would gladly snag up any october cancellations!

I see sound business decisions by KNC on all counts.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:01:02 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 07:18:23 PM by Bitcoinorama

I'm pissed, because can't believe, that KNC will fulfill their promise..we will see in 2 weeks™ who was right.

Hold up, you're pissed because you have problem believing that a real engineering firm is capable of engineering as promised, despite the fact they have under promised everything and haven't relied on sales hype, hired a marketing team, or demanded funds like every other competitor wanting to take your money. To the complete contrary they are so confident in their own ability they offer refunds to anyone nervous (or whose wives have found out). They must be doing something right, seeing as Scandanavia's largest bank; SEB now partners with them. SEB is not limited to Sweden, it's found throughout Norway, Finland, Denmark and Germany largely at an institutional level.

A company that lies and burns customers has no future, a company that delivers above expectation gains a shit load of attention. What do think ORSoC want, money or recognition? Recognition brings a lot more money, with SEB taking notice, I wouldn't be surprised is you'll see even more interesting partnerships. That's what ORSoC want, the ability to pick and choose interesting projects over standard consultations.

My background is engineering, that's what real engineers do. Predominantly socially inept and piss poor at public relations, they don't promise anything unproven, and rely on scientific data and statistical significance. These guys have major industry links from over ten years of ASIC design - real experience as a design firm standing on their own two feet and winning contracts competitively - not claims, or lost amongst hundreds of other guys working on bit parts of the same large projects as part of a massive firm - and more importantly hardware design. None of the competitors have created high spec hardware before, themselves, none, despite a few new entrants with some IC experience. That's a huge difference.

More so you are assuming negativity based on no fact other than your experience of non-engineers promising sales hype.

What's worrying is the associated negativity here is based on assumptions by others with even less experience choosing not to read how KnC have chosen to approach this. May I suggest a book for some of you to read over the next two weeks instead of fear mongering? It's one of the course texts for my masters when I studied, it's by no means long-winded, although does fetch a pretty penny on Amazon as it is the staple text for many renowned engineering schools;

Total Design: Integrated Methods for Succesful Product Engineering by Stuart Pugh.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-Design-Integrated-Successful-Engineering/dp/0201416395

Read how real engineers approach product design and you'll appreciate what I was looking for when I visited KnC, and ORSoC. It will also put you off (save you) from some other current bad decisions, whilst explaining why and where there have been so many failures to date by the parties involved so far in Bitcoin mining.

That's not to say what they are attempting isn't an industry first, this will be a record for ASiC design if they pull this off by the end pf Sept, but there is no surprise that all the competing 28nm lot are now attempting to copy KnC, just too late, or lying by marketing best case simulated scenarios, something no real engineers would do, especially hardware designers, which none of the rest have on board, hence the profiteering on chip sales (the largely inexpensive and unsophisticated aspect of hardware design - by inexpensive I mean per chip, the initial NRE costs, but the rest are overpromising unachievable realistic hashrates and aside KnC they are all offloading hardware design on some other poor sod for a very good reason, they have no expertise there). It's going to be great fun watching people figuring out how to cool those power hungry chips. Fact is you vcan make chips in the TH if you like, in theory. Powering and cooling them is another matter. Which is why the rest are knocking them out in volume and washing their hands of that problem, and warranties.

Some of you guys really need to read up on how to best approach your decision processes. It's easy to call someone a fanboy, or a shill, or a scammer, but now it's all starting to fit into place, I've remained relatively silent in this thread, because really and truly there is not much more for me to say, other than I'll respect those with the integrity to apologise when the time comes, over those that don't, and I've never pushed or told anyone to purchase anything, just read up, visit, undertake your own research, and understand what KnC and ORSoC are trying to achieve. I've just shared my research and haven't been paid a penny so far. On the company side I'Ve advised them with respect to under promising, over-delivery, some marketing and future product revisions and pushed for secure payment methods. All of that is in this thread for all to see, and through email comms. They have listened and people are happy, especially me. I'll forgive if they are a week late, but they have ensured margins upon margins exist not to be the clusterfuck you're are familiar with. I haven't invested my money in such non-engineering related firms, and I have yet to make one bad call on this forum despite being quite outspoken. For that Xialla you term me a fanboy. Those that listened to me have not been scammed, and won't be. My risk tolerance level is set to sensible common sense, and educating myself throughout the decision process. I'm honest, not stupid, and it's amusing to see the reasons behind people who doubt me. We'll see in a few months who navigated this ship through stormy waters and survived intact. Be wary of anyone that claims to be an engineer, then over promises based on simulation as opposed to fact, removes refund options, avoids any accountability, warranty, secure payments, and changes their terms and conditions after sale has taken place. True scientists will never disguise facts with dishonesty. Peace.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:13:06 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 06:46:16 PM by Phoenix1969

O'rama..."It's going to be great fun watching people figuring out how to cool those power hungry chips."

+1

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
huadylmate

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:46:20 PM

Maybe you can do refund and order with the new price if you dont hurry  Tongue
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:51:47 PM

Are you kittenings me? Legit questions and resonable worries are idiotic whining in this thread? Looks to me like KnC fanboys are getting nervous Smiley
It's legit to worry when they start breaking promises. Not when they continue to be exactly in the scope of where they and we expect them to be given known info.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 06:58:50 PM

And why [...] would you expect to see either a working prototype or a revealed chip. None of us who've actually read every communication from KNC to the public and every page of this thread expect that.

Because (IMO) it would be absolutely RETARDED to fab a chip, make thousands of them and populate a bunch of PCBs without actually testing a prototype at some point. Further, posting such a thing COMPLETELY validates what KnC is trying to do.

I understand your optimism, but let's not be too naive, shall we?  
When time is of the essence, you plan your chip buy for time, not for testing.

If they wanted to get engineering samples / small run done then make changes, it would add probably two months to the delivery time-frame.

Instead, they proofed their code on the Mars miner FPGA. That's all you need to do to proof an ASIC. This isn't a goddamn Pentium chip where a thousand things could go wrong.

A bitcoin hashing chip is redundant in the extreme.

You figure your yield is 80% or w/e it is, and then 80% of your chip will work fine. You build in re-rerouting and circuit redundancy, and make public 80% of your chip's theoretical hashing speed.

Then you need only test the chip once, or maybe not at all, after it's on the board. Since the chips are segregated by board, if you get a few that really are bad, you set them aside (for your own use, thus they're expecting probably a 5% reject pile, which they can hash with themselves later but aren't saleable).

They're testing the actual PCBs. They're testing an FPGA chip on their actual PCBs. They do not and will not have chips until they come back from the assembler, probably two weeks before shipping. Which is probably one week from now.

And anyone stupid enough to wait to see chips under this plan that we've all known about since the beginning, will not earn a dime with these machines.

People saying "where are the chips" are actually implying a scam accusation, and that's the most insulting part. We know who these people are, know everything about them. We know they're part of Orsoc, an incredibly reputable company. We know they build an FPGA miner in a mere 6 weeks, from scratch. How many people can pull that off? That's outright engineering chops.

Don't come here asking to see chips when showing chips was never part of the plan.

Unlike with other mining companies.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:00:43 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 07:48:56 PM by Bitcoinorama

Why? when, BTC stability dependant, they will earn greatly more than they will save on November pricing.

The fact they halted sales protects customers way more than any other protection gimmick used to disguise lack of refunds, warranty and changes in terms by other less respectable entities.

You're not locked in, or held hostage with KnC, you're free to act on whatever decision you like. KnC is clearly a real company standing by it's claims and protecting it's customers funds.

They aren't responsible for your decisions though, man up, you are.

Furthermore they gave over a months warning stating exactly that they intended to offer a reduced price for November to remain competitive. Quite frankly I see the second batch shipping before their next competitor ships their first.

If I was a less scrupulous competitor, I'd want to lock in customer funds, remove the option of a refund, state outrageous claims based on simulations over fact to encourage those that won't research to invest, perhaps I'd add some additional marketing hype surrounding false protection of your funds, offloading as much responsibility and delay on some other party, but I would never, ever offer you real third party payment protection from a major financial institution; be it Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or a large respected investment bank unconnected to the financial collapse. If I was really devoid of integrity I'd lie about unfeasible shipping dates, reword them as 'anticipated' after sales took place, change my terms and give a flakey excuse as I remove warranty...oh wait.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
RChevalier

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 07:02:16 PM

Xialla   ...  At first I was upset about your recent comments, but now I realize you are simply mentally or emotionally challenged...

Come on now... in the end it's just a difference of opinions that's all.  Let's just use the "ignore" button and keep things civil.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: