Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:19:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:22:06 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 09:34:59 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44

Unified All-in-one Monero miner

GitHub : https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak

Github Releases : https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases

psychocrypt released this on 22 Dec 201

Sorry for my bad airport globish. I try without translator but ...

Not sure whether KTccminer-cryptonight ccminer is the right one either, but, personally, for my RIG, its doing the best job, by giving 555 h/s with my 1060 6GB card.

Heard from one of the user (@kung on discord) about another ccminer which can be used to mine AEON or such (cryptonight algo) kind of coins, here is the link:

https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig-nvidia

We must compile & test them individually and see how it goes and pick the best one.

Yes I have alreeady heard and read about xmrig. What i read said that it is the best miner for i7 and Xeon CPU not for GPU
On the other hand, XMR difficulty is really toomuch high to be profitable. Do you know which other cryptonight coin is profitable ? Do you know a cryptonight list website of coins that can be mined Huh
I looked at vericoin coin but it seemed not really profitable in my opinion.

Haha, I'm mad at Bittrex too bruv, I waited to see some official announcement from Bittrex, but NOPE, so I've moved them to Trade Satoshi (can we call it another yobit?).

I've managed to move them on 27th evening, wallet was working fine by then! Don't know what happened, they had wallet issues after that, they had almost 90% ZCL circulation (even now).

They announced that they are participating out of nowhere, on the fork day, less than 12 hours away from the fork, how dramatic Cheesy

On the other side of the story, Trade Satoshi couldn't handle the traffic (Huh), ZCL trading was down for more than hour (or maybe more).

But have to wait and see whether BTCP lives up to the drama and fun Cheesy

Yes i think tradesatoshi is like Yobit ...I have some forks on it (5 if i remember me). It was derivated about 500 maxcoin that i mined with saflter MPH profit switching but i never retire theme and they gave me 54600 SAT after a pic. But i can't retire them because they arre under fee of the site !

So, i was not the only one to move my ZCL on another exchange and Wallet. I used their electrum wallet that is Ok, but BIttrex took a long time to reopen so I went elsewhere: cryptopia. which is not much better than Tradesatoshi and also very expensive in withdrawal taxes! Dissuasives taxes to not exit . I think I'll leave cryptopia with the Litecoin to limit the hold up by their fee.

Eventually, I think I use decentralized exchange solutions on an old machine with big disks to store blockchains that I mine. The Komodo dev have developed a nice tool with the BarterDEX for atomics swaps, but for now it does not seem quite very operational. However CoinmarketCap list it as an exchange from what I saw.
If you know other DEX platforms, I'm interested and I'm ready to test it all. All these exchanges have been on my nerves for too long.

As for the unpreparedness of tradeSatoshi, it is manifest. On coinmarketcap website, we could see that the site has stopped by 5:30 pm, so just after the snapshot of the two blockchains by BTCP team.

I would not take much in BTCP, and I think it will happen the same as with ZCL: massive sales from the start. Probably 50% in the first hours, and the rest in the next week.
So, before undermining it, I think I'll wait a little longer than that. Thanks anyway for having proposed the necessary code for nvOC even before we know or mine (pools Huh)

I dare hope they will be better for the technical development of the blockchain network of their new fork, but in view of the bad preparation on ZCL, I am very suspicious more than curious to see that.

In fact the worst thing about this story is that if we had left our ZCL on Bittrex, we could have sold them on time!
Yes, because I realized that they allowed trading without problems although withdrawals and deposits on the site were disabled. I saw the transactions scroll with outrageous amounts. It is to wonder if some people were not aware more than others. A form of insider trading through the Fork.

I was in the breach for weeks and I even posted this on this thread page 24 hours after their announcement on reddit of my memory. And I got fucked like a lot of people I think ...
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:39:52 PM

I will try to catch up this month: 

Thanks for the community edition: papampi , kk003, damNmad, leenoox and meligo  Smiley

Rebuilding the community edition using the vBASIC image as a starting point might be a good idea. 

Let me know. 

vBASIC is linked on the OP.

Wow ... You just made my day.
So happy to see ya back and hope all is ok.

LuKePicci

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:39:57 PM

@papampi:

I found a solution for starting watchdog from rc.local. Just call it like this:
Code:
(sleep 90 && systemctl restart watchdog.service)&
this will sleep a little before restarting watchdog, but it will do so in the background and allow for rc.local to terminate beforehand.

I was looking to implement the iTCO_wtd a while back. Too preoccupied  with other things...
Check this for testing iTCO:
http://www.madore.org/~david/linux/iTCO-wdt-test.html

@Leenoox
I seen that and it works manually but not auto starts.

@bytiges
Your 90 second sleep not works for me as I think my problem is with restart command, whatever I do it fails with restart.
I added 3 modprob modules to rc.local and now at startup watchdog showup in dev

Code:
modprobe i2c-i801 
modprobe i2c-smbus
modprobe iTCO_wdt

Set watchdog.conf to ping my router
Now if I start watchdog manually and remove the network cable, watchdog reboots the rig after given time. (1 step ahead)

Tried to add a sleep to restart command between stop and start in /etc/init.d/watchdog and it still not starts and fails.
Only solution is to stop and start it again for me now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry it did not work for you. I'll try to give you my rationale in the hope that it helps you find the issue.

So, one thing I noticed is that I cannot "start" or "restart" the watchdog right after a reboot. I log on the ssh console then issue the commands and it hangs. However, if I wait enough time after reboot I can (re)-start it and it works normally. Bear in mind I'm only testing with a rig with a single GTC1070 in it. I noticed that the rigs with 13 GTX1060 that I have in production can take much longer time to init and start mining. I have not tested watchdog there yet.

I also noticed that rc.local must have finished for watchdog to be able to start. I think that this is because /etc/init.d/watchdog has a dependency on $all. I however modified my dependencies to be only $local_fs and $network (perhaps this is it). Here's my /etc/init.d/watchdog header
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#/etc/init.d/watchdog: start watchdog daemon.

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          watchdog
# Short-Description: Start software watchdog daemon
# Required-Start:    $local_fs $network
# Required-Stop:     $all
# Should-Start:
# Should-Stop:
# Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
### END INIT INFO

So my fix was to edit the rc.local to add a fixed delay and a restart of the watcdog, but send it in background with the (...)& construct. This way the rc.local script has the chance of terminating. Perhaps you need to increase the delay (just see how much time after reboot you're able to start the watchdog manually).

Regarding the insertion of the modules, you don't need to make it by hand. You only need a single "iTCO_wdt" module in /etc/default/watchdog. It will be inserted with modprobe and will pull all dependent modules.  Here's my /etc/default/watchdog file:
Code:
# Start watchdog at boot time? 0 or 1
run_watchdog=1
# Start wd_keepalive after stopping watchdog? 0 or 1
run_wd_keepalive=0
# Load module before starting watchdog
watchdog_module="iTCO_wdt"
# Specify additional watchdog options here (see manpage).

And for reference, here's the fixed watchdog.service:
Code:
$ cat /lib/systemd/system/watchdog.service
[Unit]
Description=watchdog daemon
Conflicts=wd_keepalive.service
After=multi-user.target
OnFailure=wd_keepalive.service

[Service]
Type=forking
EnvironmentFile=/etc/default/watchdog
ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c '[ -z "${watchdog_module}" ] || [ "${watchdog_module}" = "none" ] || /sbin/modprobe $watchdog_module'
ExecStart=/bin/sh -c '[ $run_watchdog != 1 ] || exec /usr/sbin/watchdog $watchdog_options'
ExecStopPost=/bin/sh -c '[ $run_wd_keepalive != 1 ] || false'

[Install]

I also set the nowayout option for the watchdog module, so that there's no way to stop the watchdog once activated.
Code:
m1@m1-desktop:~$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/nowayout.conf
options iTCO_wdt nowayout=1

Hope that helps.

That /lib/systemd/system/watchdog.service is broken, contains syntax errors in variable expansion. You cannot expand $vars if part of a single quoted string. Where you got this file? Is it made by you?

EDIT: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/346224/problem-with-systemd-starting-watchdog
keno1234

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:51:30 AM

Thanks for the community edition: papampi , kk003, damNmad, leenoox and meligo  Smiley

Rebuilding the community edition using the vBASIC image as a starting point might be a good idea. 

Let me know. 

Very happy to see you back  Cheesy
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:26:25 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 04:44:32 AM by leenoox

Thanks for the community edition: papampi , kk003, damNmad, leenoox and meligo  Smiley

Let me know.  

Welcome back mate! Glad you are back.
Please give us some more info about this vBASIC version.

P.S. Please include Stubo as developer in the 19-2.0 Community Release as he developed and/or fixed quite a bit of the code and was member of the core developement team of 19-2.0. Thanks.

hallzero

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:31:53 PM

Hi guys,

as a newbie to linux i have to thank all developers for their work. Thank you guys and please don´t stop, if you did, you would leave people like me hanging in the cold.

A problem i encountered with the new community release version 2.0 is the following.

If i try to connect any of my rigs (doesn´t matter whether nvidia or amd cards) to any etn pool (doesn´t matter as well which pool it is) nvOC uses KTccminer as the miner but once i connect the pool always sets the difficulty at 19, exactly at 19 and this repeats no matter what rig i connect to what etn pool. I had all rigs running under 19. 1.4 and everything was good, now i can´t connect to any of the etn pools.

Any suggestions?

It uses 'KTccminer-cryptonight'

Can you paste result of this command (type in guake)

ps aux | grep miner

Paste the result over here.

Can you also paste the ETN coin details you have in 1bash?

Thanks for trying to help this is the result of your command

m1@m1-desktop:~$ ps aux | grep miner
m1       10259  288  0.6 564212 49368 pts/17   Sl+  22:37   2:15 /home/m1/cpuOPT/cpuminer -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.etnminers.com:3333 -u etnkEv3h8DxMLSWMBYTmMLfKNgnaQf6k7hGbkEbK6hbeGku69dh8Lm7iihpV4dg3BRXcJFAKfGUaNac isz4bmS6E8HRgEA2cJZ.1600.19_2_ASGT405XE3 -p x -t 3
m1       10553  0.0  0.0  27188  2896 ?        Ss   22:37   0:00 SCREEN -dmSL miner /home/m1/KTccminer-cryptonight/ccminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.etnminers.com:7777 -u etnkEv3h8DxMLSWMBYTmMLfKNgnaQf6k7hGbkEbK6hbeGku69dh8Lm7iihpV4dg3BRXcJFAKfGUaNac isz4bmS6E8HRgEA2cJZ.19_2_ASGT405XE3 -p x
m1       10554 12.5  5.1 64984620 414744 pts/24 Ssl+ 22:37   0:04 /home/m1/KTccminer-cryptonight/ccminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.etnminers.com:7777 -u etnkEv3h8DxMLSWMBYTmMLfKNgnaQf6k7hGbkEbK6hbeGku69dh8Lm7iihpV4dg3BRXcJFAKfGUaNac isz4bmS6E8HRgEA2cJZ.19_2_ASGT405XE3 -p x
m1       10702  0.0  0.0  14224   944 pts/16   R+   22:38   0:00 grep --color=auto miner

I also tried to connect to etn.easyhash.io:3631 with the same result, diff gets set at exactly 19 and stays there. I can however set the diff manually by adding it to my etn address as "...address.20000" This works but then the diff stays at that at all times. Once again everything worked fine in 19_1.4

As for the details of my 1bash settings for the etn coin. I have my etn address in there as shown above as well as the port. I use port 3333 for the cpu threads and 7777 for the gpu´s in the rig i am using right now to get back online. There are 4 1050 ti`s in there.

When i look at at the outcome above it adds the diff 1600 for the cpu thread (which i set manually by adding it to 1bash) and it puts my custom worker name right behind the etn address. Seeing this now i just converted back to HOST instead of CUSTOM worker name but that doesn´t help a lot. In that case the diff gets set to 100, stays there and the miner never starts mining. The cpu works but only because i set it manually to a 1600 diff. KTccminer-cryptonight never starts mining even though it shows accepted shares.

Unfortunately i don´t know enough about Linux to get anywhere close to resolving this.

Sorry, it took a while to respond.

Ok, i think i've found the issue.

a) Your cpu miner command :

/home/m1/cpuOPT/cpuminer -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.etnminers.com:3333 -u etnkEv3h8DxMLSWMBYTmMLfKNgnaQf6k7hGbkEbK6hbeGku69dh8Lm7iihpV4dg3BRXcJFAKfGUaNac isz4bmS6E8HRgEA2cJZ.1600.19_2_ASGT405XE3 -p x -t 3

What pool expecting to see is : It's not expecting to see worker name attached to ADDY.

/home/m1/cpuOPT/cpuminer -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.etnminers.com:3333 -u etnkEv3h8DxMLSWMBYTmMLfKNgnaQf6k7hGbkEbK6hbeGku69dh8Lm7iihpV4dg3BRXcJFAKfGUaNac isz4bmS6E8HRgEA2cJZ -p x -t 3

Search for this code in 3main;

if [ $plusCPU == "YES" ] && [ $AUTO_START_MINER == "YES" ]
then
  HCD='/home/m1/cpuOPT/cpuminer'
  XMRADDR="$XMR_ADDRESS.$XMR_WORKER"

Change

XMRADDR="$XMR_ADDRESS.$XMR_WORKER"

to this

XMRADDR="$XMR_ADDRESS

b) Your ccminer command

/home/m1/KTccminer-cryptonight/ccminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.etnminers.com:7777 -u etnkEv3h8DxMLSWMBYTmMLfKNgnaQf6k7hGbkEbK6hbeGku69dh8Lm7iihpV4dg3BRXcJFAKfGUaNac isz4bmS6E8HRgEA2cJZ.19_2_ASGT405XE3 -p x

What pool is expecting to see is : It's not expecting to see worker name attached to ADDY.

/home/m1/KTccminer-cryptonight/ -o stratum+tcp://pool.etnminers.com:7777 -u etnkEv3h8DxMLSWMBYTmMLfKNgnaQf6k7hGbkEbK6hbeGku69dh8Lm7iihpV4dg3BRXcJFAKfGUaNac isz4bmS6E8HRgEA2cJZ -p x

Go to 0miner, search for these lines

if [ $COIN == "ETN" ]
then
  HCD='/home/m1/KTccminer-cryptonight/ccminer'
  ADDR="$ETN_ADDRESS.$ETN_WORKER"

Change this
 ADDR="$ETN_ADDRESS.$ETN_WORKER"

to this
 ADDR="$ETN_ADDRESS"

This should work.

Difficulty will vary based on the port you select (most of the stratum pools automatically adjust the difficulty - my suggestion, leave your current port as is), please check the below link for more information :

https://etnminers.com/#getting_started

Thank you damNmad that did the trick.  Cheesy

It is that simple that i feel kind of embarassed. Should have found it myself. But i do have a question following this.

All my rigs are running again with var diff (cpu and gpu´s) under nvOC 2.0 after eliminating the worker address from 0main and 3main but these rigs did work under nvOC 19 1.4 so you guys put that code into the two files for the community release. But right after updating from 1.4 to 2.0  i tried several etn mining pools and got the same result everytime. So for mining etn should the worker address stay in 0main and 3main?

In other words am i the only one experiencing this mistake while mining etn or is it a mistake that the worker address is added in 0main and 3main for etn mining?
_S_C_

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:50:53 PM

Hi all,

Trying to switch to nvOC v0019-2.0 but I have some errors and I'm unable to run a miner.

Here is my log.

In advance thanks for your help.

(MSI Z270-A PRO / Intel P 4400 / ram 8GB / SSD 60 GB / 6 MSI GTX 1080 TI)

nvOC v0019-2.0 - Community Release
/home/m1/1bash: line 1041: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/home/m1/1bash: line 1047: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Have you made any edits to 1bash file? Seems it's not happy with the format of it.

I would be better if you paste your 1bash here.

It seems your 0miner, 1bash and 3main are somehow corrupted. Try to reimage.

P.S. Please enclose long post within CODE formatting. Click on the # icon to post long code.

Thanx for your answers damNmad and leenox.

After 3 downloads of the image and 3 reimages, mining 1 coin working nicely now Smiley

I need to experiment multiple coins mining during this week-end.

Regards.

P.S. : welcome back to fullzero ... hope all is ok.
leenoox

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:06:17 PM

Hi all,

Trying to switch to nvOC v0019-2.0 but I have some errors and I'm unable to run a miner.

Here is my log.

In advance thanks for your help.

(MSI Z270-A PRO / Intel P 4400 / ram 8GB / SSD 60 GB / 6 MSI GTX 1080 TI)

/home/m1/1bash: line 1041: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/home/m1/1bash: line 1047: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Have you made any edits to 1bash file? Seems it's not happy with the format of it.

I would be better if you paste your 1bash here.

It seems your 0miner, 1bash and 3main are somehow corrupted. Try to reimage.

P.S. Please enclose long post within CODE formatting. Click on the # icon to post long code.

Thanx for your answers damNmad and leenox.

After 3 downloads of the image and 3 reimages, mining 1 coin working nicely now Smiley

I need to experiment multiple coins mining during this week-end.

Regards.

P.S. : welcome back to fullzero ... hope all is ok.

Great that you've got it working.
If you need help with mining settings feel free to bug damNmad. He is the master of all coin settings Wink

papampi

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:03:39 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 07:46:03 AM by papampi

nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release - Miner Update Script

This script will check your nvOC miners and download new ones.
As requested, after download it will ask to recompile them.

Code:

Downloading and checking new miners for nvOC-v0019-2.x finished

Do you want to re-compile your miners (y/N)?  y

Checking if bn.h bignum error is fixed for compiling miners or not

Select miners to compile, (multiple comma separated values: 1,6,7)
1- ASccminer
2 -KTccminer
3 -KTccminer-cryptonight
4- KXccminer
5 -NAccminer
6- SPccminer
7- TPccminer
8- vertminer
9- ANXccminer
R- MSFTccminer (RVN)

Do your Choice: [A]LL [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [R] [E]xit:

Miners Update Script:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/master/nvOC_miner_update.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC_miner_update.sh

Miner Versions:
Code:
Claymore                      11.2
Tpruvot ccminer               2.2.4
Bminer                        5.4.0
DSTM                          0.6
KlausT ccminer                8.20
KlaustT ccminer-cryptonight   2.06
Ethminer                      0.13.0
nanashi-ccminer               2.2-mod-r2
vertminer              1.0.2 Stable
ANXccminer              valexis-1.0
MSFT Tpruvot ccminer (RVN)    2.2.5

Claymore updated to 11.2
Added ANXccminer compiler

damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:01:50 PM

Thank you damNmad that did the trick.  Cheesy

It is that simple that i feel kind of embarassed. Should have found it myself. But i do have a question following this.

All my rigs are running again with var diff (cpu and gpu´s) under nvOC 2.0 after eliminating the worker address from 0main and 3main but these rigs did work under nvOC 19 1.4 so you guys put that code into the two files for the community release. But right after updating from 1.4 to 2.0  i tried several etn mining pools and got the same result everytime. So for mining etn should the worker address stay in 0main and 3main?

In other words am i the only one experiencing this mistake while mining etn or is it a mistake that the worker address is added in 0main and 3main for etn mining?

Your user name resembles fullzero (it should be halfzero instead of hallzero Cheesy ).

Yeah, these are very minor things, but they are easy for me because of my experience.

Coming to your question, its hard to create a single template covering/satisfying/working all the pools and coins, but we tried to cover most of the scenarios (not sure its 100% legit but at least I can find the bug quickly by comparing).

So, in 1.4 version all the all the mining code used to be in 3main, but from 2.0 version it has been split between 0miner and 3main.

0miner covers all the coins, where as 3main covers overclocking (not 100% sure), CPU mining, all the coin/algo switching code.

Its not just you, it was like that in the release, has been fixed in the upcoming release.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
peonv

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:26:01 PM

Wow! Good to see Fullzero back.
Also heads up to DamNmad on Discord.
I managed to write the image over SSH, however it doesn't seem to work on NVME ssds.
AllgaeuSchuerfer

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:51:17 PM

Welcome back Fullzero!
I am using nvOC with a lot of pleasure - great job. Also thanks to all the other members.

@papampi, thanks for the update script.
I have one question, maybe it was already answered but i couldnt find ...
We have a lot of miner software in the OS build. Is there any overview, which miner servers best with witch algo?
Für Claymore or zcash miners its quite clear, but there are so many derivates of ccminer, so i really get lost which derivate serves good for which algo.
Would be great if somebody has such an overview.
thanks.
hallzero

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:51:46 PM

@urnzwy and @leenoox

I'm not sure that KTccminer-cryptonight ccminer is the best cryptonight miner we have.

I think we could try xmr-stak. xmr-stak GPU has good performance for XMR, but i don't knox if it's permit to mine another coin than XMR and AEON. I recently discovered that psychocrypt and Klaust added AEON and a very usefull assistant for newbies for generates somes config files for both GPU and CPU. This assistant put 3 core if you CPU have 4 Core and it's make the same with compute units from GPU.
In addition you can modify all config files after automatic assitant generates them in the same folder.
I tried it on Windows but not at least on Linux.
Remmember that on Linux, you can set fee to 0%, but you must compile it on you machine, not on windows that is 2% by default and you can't compile it.

Unified All-in-one Monero miner

GitHub : https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak

Github Releases : https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases

psychocrypt released this on 22 Dec 201

Sorry for my bad airport globish. I try without translator but ...

I double that. I am using XMR STAK unified on two windows machines and the miner gives me good results.

I did change the coin from monero to etn in the config.txt file but the miner didn´t like it and would exit. But i am still able to mine etn by just adding my address and the pool to the config file, so that means that XMR STAK is able to mine other coins besides monero and aeon as long as you stay with the cryptonight algo. I did not do a complete comparison between my miners on Linux and on Windows but it seems to me that (as far as cryptonight algo is concerned) XMR STAK gives me a slightly better hashrate than KTccminer-cryptonight we have in nvOC.
hallzero

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:06:59 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 12:30:49 AM by hallzero

Thank you damNmad that did the trick.  Cheesy

All my rigs are running again with var diff (cpu and gpu´s) under nvOC 2.0 after eliminating the worker address from 0main and 3main but these rigs did work under nvOC 19 1.4 so you guys put that code into the two files for the community release. But right after updating from 1.4 to 2.0  i tried several etn mining pools and got the same result everytime. So for mining etn should the worker address stay in 0main and 3main?

Your user name resembles fullzero (it should be halfzero instead of hallzero Cheesy ).

Yeah, these are very minor things, but they are easy for me because of my experience.

Coming to your question, its hard to create a single template covering/satisfying/working all the pools and coins, but we tried to cover most of the scenarios (not sure its 100% legit but at least I can find the bug quickly by comparing).

So, in 1.4 version all the all the mining code used to be in 3main, but from 2.0 version it has been split between 0miner and 3main.

0miner covers all the coins, where as 3main covers overclocking (not 100% sure), CPU mining, all the coin/algo switching code.

Its not just you, it was like that in the release, has been fixed in the upcoming release.

Yes i am sorry for the username, hope nobody is offended. I joined the forum as a newbie to cryptos before i found out about nvOC so i didn´t know. But then again it should not be halfzero but instead zerozero so that we would have fullzero as the legendary knowledgeable creator and me as the total newbie.

As for the question, so i thought i did ask just for understanding. For etn mining we could add the workername by using a "+" instead of the "."

That works using the cryptonight pools on etn but i do not know whether that works with other coins out there, my rigs are too small, so i am just mining two coins
romajc

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:17:52 PM

Can someone point me to a guide for burning this to my ssd?  I cant figure it out.  I made a new partition but it still wont allow me
neff310

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:22:40 AM

Can someone point me to a guide for burning this to my ssd?  I cant figure it out.  I made a new partition but it still wont allow me

If you're using Windows you need to use HDDRawCopy.

Open HDDRawCopy > Select the img > Select SSD > Start
leenoox

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:48:07 AM

If you're using Windows you need to use HDDRawCopy.

Open HDDRawCopy > Select the img > Select SSD > Start

Use HDDRawCopy as romajc suggested. The image includes grub bootloader and has two partitions. It doesn't play well when installed on separate partition, it will take whole media and create it's own partitions. No dual boot, backup your data first and dedicate whole SSD to it.

romajc

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:32:19 AM

Ah ok. Yea I was trying to dual boot with it on my windows SSD. Guess I'll have to buy another SSD
leenoox

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:32:12 AM

Ah ok. Yea I was trying to dual boot with it on my windows SSD. Guess I'll have to buy another SSD

You can give it a try on USB stick if you have a spare one, most 16 GB sticks should work. However, I strongly suggest SSD as USB sticks are not ment for such operation.

papampi

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 09:59:21 AM

Welcome back Fullzero!
I am using nvOC with a lot of pleasure - great job. Also thanks to all the other members.

@papampi, thanks for the update script.
I have one question, maybe it was already answered but i couldnt find ...
We have a lot of miner software in the OS build. Is there any overview, which miner servers best with witch algo?
Für Claymore or zcash miners its quite clear, but there are so many derivates of ccminer, so i really get lost which derivate serves good for which algo.
Would be great if somebody has such an overview.
thanks.

I think it's best that you first try out nvOC default miners and compare it with others or whattomine reported hashrates.
Then start playing with OC, power limit and changing miners in 0miner.

Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: