Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:59:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417954 times)
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:41:57 PM

Hi Guys,

Can you help me having a compiled ccminer-xevan? I try to compile this on nvoc19 and no success Sad

https://github.com/krnlx/ccminer-xevan

it has error of ccminer.cpp:45:26: fatal error : cuda_runtime.h : no such file or directory... this can be fix?Huh
https://github.com/krnlx/ccminer-xevan/issues/1 perhaps?

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:53:31 PM

Hey guys. Can someone provide me a good way to backup my 1bash file over SSH?

Guess you are using windows. If so try winscp: https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

If you mean a local backup:
Code:
cp /home/m1/1bash /home/m1/1bash.backup

For backups over linux boxes use the command "scp" (google for it and let me know if you have problem to make it work)
reapz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:17:49 PM

Hi using some 1070tis this doesnt seem to control the fans
fleezer

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:00:03 AM

hi,

*VTC MINING*

I have 12 GTX 1050Ti s and i was trying out VTC with Cc miner, i realized in 3 main there is a reconfiguration that has to be fixed in order to work with https://miningpoolhub.com, All that done cc miner won't start with gpus more than 7. it crashes a lot and it doesn't recognize GPU #11 as well(two issues here). i even tried different instances only 1 ran. what is the best way to mine 12 gpu VTC on NVOC..?

pls advice FULLZERO. You da man !

br,
CyberGI

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:22:09 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 02:39:49 AM by CyberGI

All,

Apologies if this was covered somewhere in the previous 267 pages Wink but I'm having a struggle getting the .IMG to burn to a USB. I download it (tried 3 different PCs, all on Windows 10), used HDD Raw Copy and Etcher, to write the image to a 32GB Lexan (per Vosk's recommendation) and a few others and keep running into the same issue. It seems it only writes the 1hash file and nothing else. It splits the USD into two partitions, one contains the 1hash, and the other is "unformatted."

I'm sure, and kind of hoping that, I'm "missing some mundane detail." Does anyone have ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks

Joe

Probably everything is ok. Just plug your stick into the usb port and bot from it.
Windows does not see linux partitions and says that is "unformatted"

All noob issues on my part. No, ext3/4 partitions cannot be read by a Windows box without a helper. The other partition needed to be formatted, then magically the 1bash file showed up on it. The latter was a little strange, but all good so far.

Now, if I can wait for the new version that supports integrated video so I stop throwing xorg errors. Smiley
CyberGI

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:37:35 AM

Hey guys. Can someone provide me a good way to backup my 1bash file over SSH?

FWIW, I FTP it (2unix and 3main too) to one of my servers. You can also scp it.
CyberGI

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:58:49 AM

System/Network Security

As a security nerd, I am going to attempt to add value to this thread. Since updates are turned off, and there's a pretty wide attack surface, I've been thinking about how to keep my miner(s) isolated from the rest of my systems except for some remote access. Here are some initial thoughts:

- Without hardening the system, I need to put some network access control function/device between my user network and the miners.
  - I have an old broadband router that I can put them behind with the "internet side" facing my internal network.
    - Have the "broadband side" configured with a static IP address on my user network
    - Open TCP/22 (for ssh and scp) and redirect it to the first miner. You can use that one as a jump-box to get to the others
    - Open TCP/3389 (Windows Remote Desktop) and have that directed to a Windows box (old laptop perhaps) and use that as a jump-box for about anything
  - I actually have several actual firewalls (Forcepoint/Sidewinders and a Palo Alto Networks) that can segment the network for me, not to mention IPS, etc.
    - Open the same ports as above?

ASCII Network Diagram

Internet --> Main firewall --> User Network (where my workstations and servers are) --> Miner Firewall/Broadband-router --> Miner Network

Are there any recommendations on OS hardening you could recommend?
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:03:55 AM

System/Network Security

As a security nerd, I am going to attempt to add value to this thread. Since updates are turned off, and there's a pretty wide attack surface, I've been thinking about how to keep my miner(s) isolated from the rest of my systems except for some remote access. Here are some initial thoughts:

- Without hardening the system, I need to put some network access control function/device between my user network and the miners.
  - I have an old broadband router that I can put them behind with the "internet side" facing my internal network.
    - Have the "broadband side" configured with a static IP address on my user network
    - Open TCP/22 (for ssh and scp) and redirect it to the first miner. You can use that one as a jump-box to get to the others
    - Open TCP/3389 (Windows Remote Desktop) and have that directed to a Windows box (old laptop perhaps) and use that as a jump-box for about anything
  - I actually have several actual firewalls (Forcepoint/Sidewinders and a Palo Alto Networks) that can segment the network for me, not to mention IPS, etc.

ASCII Network Diagram

Internet --> Main firewall --> User Network (where my workstations and servers are) --> Miner Firewall/Broadband-router --> Miner Network

If you know your way around your OS, hardening the system is not that hard. Really.

Center for Internet Security is legit and a good place to start: https://learn.cisecurity.org/benchmarks
look for Ubuntu Linux 16.04 (CIS Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS Benchmark version 1.0.0)

• Do not redirect any traffic to the miners. EVER. NEVER use Windows for access to anything you actually value. It's gotten better, but it's still not safe enough to be used to guard the castle.
  • If you want to set up a jump server, make it multi-homed. This means that there is one interface plugged into the public network (User Network above) and one interface plugged into the private network (Miner network above). If you can not do this, or do not want to create a multi-homed machine, use a single homed machine and use the router to redirect port 22 to that single-homed machine.
  • Do not use passwords alone for users. Use public/private keypairs instead. If you want to be even safer, implement multi-factor authentication. Rudimentary multi-factor authentication can be a combination of public/private keypairs and a password. Here is some good info: https://sysconfig.org.uk/two-factor-authentication-with-ssh.html
  • If you want to secure the miner, since nvOC is based on ubuntu 16.04, use the built-in security tool known as ufw or iptables:  https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/firewall.html
  • Lock down all inbound ports except for port 22 (ssh). Restrict outbound traffic such that you only allow traffic outbound that you know/trust. Know what ports and protocols need to be opened. If you are new to the game, some experimentation will be necessary. If you see a port open and you don't know what it is, close it and see what breaks.
  • If you want to have something running that provides a pretty interface, make sure that the provider of that information can only run in userspace and can not escalate privileges to root. How to do that? Implement sudo properly with a well constructed sudoers file that limits what commands a giver user can execute as root. Make sure that the user that the provider (web server) runs as does not have a real login shell.
  • If you need to use Windows Remote Desktop, tunnel it through ssh so it is at least encrypted.
    https://www.saotn.org/tunnel-rdp-through-ssh/

No mining at the moment.
JayneL

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:54:03 AM

Hi Guys,

Can you help me having a compiled ccminer-xevan? I try to compile this on nvoc19 and no success Sad

https://github.com/krnlx/ccminer-xevan

it has error of ccminer.cpp:45:26: fatal error : cuda_runtime.h : no such file or directory... this can be fix?Huh
https://github.com/krnlx/ccminer-xevan/issues/1 perhaps?

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!

Thanks Alot you're the Genie of my life please came out the lamp  Grin
DaReaLDeviL

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:32:43 AM

Good Morning,

is there any good config out there where the Pampampi WTM Auto Swtich is explained.

Just to get it right for me...

1. They're are pools like nicehash that direct convert my hashpower into btc

2. algo switching pools like mining pool hub

3. and now the important one... WTM Auto Switch

but to get the most out of it, the coin actual has to be converted to into some bigger coin like
btc or now bch direct to profit from the coin auto switch?

Please correct me and/or show me the right way that I can test and use the auto switch. I already have my walltes up for the most coins like ZEC, BTCZ, HUSH, MONA, ZEN, VTC, FTC, GRS.

I know this is not an easy task to show, but I whould realy appreciate it couse I dind't found a think how to do it right.

Regards!
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:13:43 PM

Good Morning,

is there any good config out there where the Pampampi WTM Auto Swtich is explained.

but to get the most out of it, the coin actual has to be converted to into some bigger coin like

Please correct me and/or show me the right way that I can test and use the auto switch. I already have my walltes up for the most coins like ZEC, BTCZ, HUSH, MONA, ZEN, VTC, FTC, GRS.

I know this is not an easy task to show, but I whould realy appreciate it couse I dind't found a think how to do it right.

Regards!

Well, in simple terms, it doesn't convert into BTC or any other coin.

It simply checks what is the current profitable coin, then switches the mining and mines that current profitable coin according to the individual coin setups provided in 1bash. PERIOD.

The instructions are pretty clear in 1bash, not sure what you expecting, please elaborate (perhaps, it is difficult for me to understand what people actually expecting to see as I know IN & OUT of it mostly, so finding it difficult to understand the end user point of view).

See below and let me know if you think we need to add something to the below instructions, so we will add it in the further versions which would eventually help others.

# note!! all selected COINS must HAVE ADDRESSES below (no need address if switch=no and profit=yes )
# select which coins you want to mine/check profit (profit switch only using this list of coins) it will auto switch/check profit of your COIN selection from this list using whattomine.com

WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS="ZEC;ETH" ### note format is changed to reduce errors: "ZEC;ETH;ETC;XMR"

WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_SYNC_INTERVAL="3" # Time to sync with WTM for best coin

WTM_PROFIT_CHECK_INTERVAL="60" # interval between checking profit for web info

WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE="7" # Mininumum difference in percent when switch to new coin, to prevent too many switches.

WTM_CURRENCY="USD" # USD, AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, INR, ISK, JPY, KRW, NZD, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TWD

WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL="https://whattomine.com/coins.json"

##Go to [ https://whattomine.com/coins ] select your cards, hash rate, power.
#You can also select to mine base on current, 24    hour, 3 day or a week profit and difficulty.
#Dont forget to choose same for both profit and difficulty or it will give wrong results.       
#Click calculate, then add .json to coins at the begining of the address after you click calculate!!!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
pegonas

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:29:22 PM

Hi, for xzc(Zcoin) there are new version ccminer 2.2.2 with fixed hashrate and added --submit-stale option.
And in config file, for xzc mining in pool like miningpoolhub and suprnova, there are no intensity option. Please add in future update. Thank you!
Rumo

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:43:58 PM

Good Morning,

Regards!

Well, in simple terms, it doesn't convert into BTC or any other coin.

It simply checks what is the current profitable coin, then switches the mining and mines that current profitable coin according to the individual coin setups provided in 1bash. PERIOD.

The instructions are pretty clear in 1bash, not sure what you expecting, please elaborate (perhaps, it is difficult for me to understand what people actually expecting to see as I know IN & OUT of it mostly, so finding it difficult to understand the end user point of view).

See below and let me know if you think we need to add something to the below instructions, so we will add it in the further versions which would eventually help others.

# note!! all selected COINS must HAVE ADDRESSES below (no need address if switch=no and profit=yes )
# select which coins you want to mine/check profit (profit switch only using this list of coins) it will auto switch/check profit of your COIN selection from this list using whattomine.com

WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS="ZEC;ETH" ### note format is changed to reduce errors: "ZEC;ETH;ETC;XMR"

WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_SYNC_INTERVAL="3" # Time to sync with WTM for best coin

WTM_PROFIT_CHECK_INTERVAL="60" # interval between checking profit for web info

WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE="7" # Mininumum difference in percent when switch to new coin, to prevent too many switches.

WTM_CURRENCY="USD" # USD, AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, INR, ISK, JPY, KRW, NZD, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TWD

WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL="https://whattomine.com/coins.json"

##Go to [ https://whattomine.com/coins ] select your cards, hash rate, power.
#You can also select to mine base on current, 24    hour, 3 day or a week profit and difficulty.
#Dont forget to choose same for both profit and difficulty or it will give wrong results.       
#Click calculate, then add .json to coins at the begining of the address after you click calculate!!!

Hi. The easiest way from my point of view is get yourself an Bittrex account. In the LAB menu switch on auto exchange for all the coins you like to exchange. Use the Bittrex wallets on all your pools. Let WTM autoswitcher do its job. done!
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:53:22 PM

Hi, for xzc(Zcoin) there are new version ccminer 2.2.2 with fixed hashrate and added --submit-stale option.
And in config file, for xzc mining in pool like miningpoolhub and suprnova, there are no intensity option. Please add in future update. Thank you!

Can you please post come details of it, like what fork it is and the link for that.

I will try to compile and test it. Thanks.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
pegonas

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:24:16 PM

Can you please post come details of it, like what fork it is and the link for that.

It's tpruvot official version. I'm using windows version, about one week without problems, mining with EVGA 1080ti.
Link to miner:
https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Thank you.
Rumo

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:35:13 PM

I'm normally a windows guy. Can you please publish a guide how to compile stuff like this in ubuntu? I always get an bignum error. Thanks a lot.
CyberGI

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:07:48 PM

System/Network Security

ASCII Network Diagram

If you know your way around your OS, hardening the system is not that hard. Really.

Center for Internet Security is legit and a good place to start: https://learn.cisecurity.org/benchmarks
look for Ubuntu Linux 16.04 (CIS Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS Benchmark version 1.0.0)

• Do not redirect any traffic to the miners. EVER. NEVER use Windows for access to anything you actually value. It's gotten better, but it's still not safe enough to be used to guard the castle.
  • If you want to set up a jump server, make it multi-homed. This means that there is one interface plugged into the public network (User Network above) and one interface plugged into the private network (Miner network above). If you can not do this, or do not want to create a multi-homed machine, use a single homed machine and use the router to redirect port 22 to that single-homed machine.
  • Do not use passwords alone for users. Use public/private keypairs instead. If you want to be even safer, implement multi-factor authentication. Rudimentary multi-factor authentication can be a combination of public/private keypairs and a password. Here is some good info: https://sysconfig.org.uk/two-factor-authentication-with-ssh.html
  • If you want to secure the miner, since nvOC is based on ubuntu 16.04, use the built-in security tool known as ufw or iptables:  https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/firewall.html
  • Lock down all inbound ports except for port 22 (ssh). Restrict outbound traffic such that you only allow traffic outbound that you know/trust. Know what ports and protocols need to be opened. If you are new to the game, some experimentation will be necessary. If you see a port open and you don't know what it is, close it and see what breaks.
  • If you want to have something running that provides a pretty interface, make sure that the provider of that information can only run in userspace and can not escalate privileges to root. How to do that? Implement sudo properly with a well constructed sudoers file that limits what commands a giver user can execute as root. Make sure that the user that the provider (web server) runs as does not have a real login shell.
  • If you need to use Windows Remote Desktop, tunnel it through ssh so it is at least encrypted.
    https://www.saotn.org/tunnel-rdp-through-ssh/

All really good OS-side hardening. My biggest question is, by doing so, are there any impacting issues any of that would have on the mining functionality? Also, it might be good for the devs here to implement those changes (you know, if they are looking for something more to do, lol.
CyberGI

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:56:31 PM

Another dumb, probably already answered question from me. Can someone answer, or point me to the answer to:

For the WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS= option, is the comments area the exhaustive list? i.e. "ZEC;ETH;ETC;XMR"

Since I have ZEN in mine, I am guessing the answer is no. If no, is there an exhaustive list, and valid syntax documented somewhere?

Thanks for your patience.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 05:13:52 PM

Another dumb, probably already answered question from me. Can someone answer, or point me to the answer to:

For the WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS= option, is the comments area the exhaustive list? i.e. "ZEC;ETH;ETC;XMR"

Since I have ZEN in mine, I am guessing the answer is no. If no, is there an exhaustive list, and valid syntax documented somewhere?

In bash every thing after # is not readable by scripts
So your setting is gonna be some thing like this

Code:
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS="ZEC;ZEN;BTCZ;ZCL" # ....

CyberGI

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:34:09 PM

In bash every thing after # is not readable by scripts
So your setting is gonna be some thing like this

Code:
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS="ZEC;ZEN;BTCZ;ZCL" # ....

Thanks papampi. I've got it set to:
Code:
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS="ZEN;ETH;VTC;FTC" # ....
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: