Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:01:12 AM

L3+ is 2280 USD, Shipping: 11-20 Nov

A bit pricey but should still be able to turn nice profits.

Nope you are looking at 12 months ROI don't forget 4 more batches shipping before that one.

12 months ROI is the expected ROI once they actually ship out in November. Right now the ROI is 1/3 that, but of course we're expecting the difficulty to rise by the time they ship.

12 month ROI - assuming that's how long it will actually take - is very good relative to traditional investments where those kinds of profits only exist in your imagination.

Yeah but anything over 6 months is risky in crypto world i remember when original butterfly came out a lot of people never got the money back.

Edit: you cannot compare traditional investment to crypto world

Risky of course, but some would agree that the potential profits are worth the potential risks. Making all of your money back in 12 months is unheard of in the traditional investing world, and the amount of risk in the crypto world is unheard of in the traditional investing world. It all depends on your risk level I suppose.  

I'm not getting any because it would push me over the 220v 100a threshold that I don't want to pass for my October batch that I got.
Dude you need to stop with that line "better than in the traditional investing world". That's patently false. Number 1 this is comparable to NOTHING in the traditional investing world because you have NO WAY of quantifying your risk. Second, I can buy Bonds, Notes Annuities and get GAURANTEED returns. Nothing is remotely guaranteed here. You need to take a reality check. Scrypt mining will be on par with BTC at BEST in December or $350.00 per month. EACH MONTH WILL BE WORSE. At 2280 you will NOT pay off that machine. WAKE UP!!

You can compare anything to anything. I also didn't say anything was "better than in the traditional investing world". I said that compared to the traditional investing world, the profits are much much higher, and compared to the traditional investing world, the risk is much much higher. There is nothing false about that statement. Just because we can't quantify the risk of investing in crypto, doesn't mean we can't observe it (as we all obviously do and can agree). Also, if you think these will be selling for $800-$900 USD 4-5 months from now, you're the one that obviously doesn't understand this game at all and obviously hasn't been around for too long.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:12:01 AM

Nope you are looking at 12 months ROI don't forget 4 more batches shipping before that one.

12 months ROI is the expected ROI once they actually ship out in November. Right now the ROI is 1/3 that, but of course we're expecting the difficulty to rise by the time they ship.

12 month ROI - assuming that's how long it will actually take - is very good relative to traditional investments where those kinds of profits only exist in your imagination.

Yeah but anything over 6 months is risky in crypto world i remember when original butterfly came out a lot of people never got the money back.

Risky of course, but some would agree that the potential profits are worth the potential risks. Making all of your money back in 12 months is unheard of in the traditional investing world, and the amount of risk in the crypto world is unheard of in the traditional investing world. It all depends on your risk level I suppose.  

I'm not getting any because it would push me over the 220v 100a threshold that I don't want to pass for my October batch that I got.
Dude you need to stop with that line "better than in the traditional investing world". That's patently false. Number 1 this is comparable to NOTHING in the traditional investing world because you have NO WAY of quantifying your risk. Second, I can buy Bonds, Notes Annuities and get GAURANTEED returns. Nothing is remotely guaranteed here. You need to take a reality check. Scrypt mining will be on par with BTC at BEST in December or $350.00 per month. EACH MONTH WILL BE WORSE. At 2280 you will NOT pay off that machine. WAKE UP!!

You can compare anything to anything. I also didn't say anything was "better than in the traditional investing world". I said that compared to the traditional investing world, the profits are much much higher, and compared to the traditional investing world, the risk is much much higher. There is nothing false about that statement. Just because we can't quantify the risk of investing in crypto, doesn't mean we can't observe it (as we all obviously do and can agree). Also, if you think these will be selling for $800-$900 USD 4-5 months from now, you're the one that obviously doesn't understand this game at all and obviously hasn't been around for too long.

Wow, what a bunch of gibberish. You're hopeless. I told you before, I spent 30 years in institutional level derivatives and options trading working with the best and most ruthless. I've seen countless starry eyed dreamers like you get their skin ripped off. You're a classic case. It's obvious you're trying to convince yourself. Best of luck to you.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:17:04 AM

Wow, what a bunch of gibberish. You're hopeless. I told you before, I spent 30 years in institutional level derivatives and options trading working with the best and most ruthless. I've seen countless starry eyed dreamers like you get their skin ripped off. You're a classic case. It's obvious you're trying to convince yourself. Best of luck to you.

Sounds like some one worked for Lehman... sorry couldn't resist I know Cheap shot... Sorry...  Grin Tongue
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:20:23 AM

Doesn't matter, can't buy them anyways.  Login sessions still not working.  I've been trying for over an hour just to humor myself.
BenRickert

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:24:50 AM

Sounds like some one worked for Lehman... sorry couldn't resist I know Cheap shot... Sorry...  Grin Tongue
HAHAHA!!! I DID!! But not when they went down. That's where I started. Actually was a great place to work for a while. Lehman, Cantor Fitzgerald, JP Morgan, GSA all the filthy scumbag thieving banks. That's what sparked my passion for this stuff. I hope they all go down in flames.....even though I know they won't. Been in the belly of the beast. It's way uglier than most people know.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
crypticj

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:26:07 AM

HAHAHA!!! I DID!! But not when they went down. That's where I started. Actually was a great place to work for a while. Lehman, Cantor Fitzgerald, JP Morgan, GSA all the filthy scumbag thieving banks. That's what sparked my passion for this stuff. I hope they all go down in flames.....even though I know they won't. Been in the belly of the beast. It's way uglier than most people know.

I am a product of JP Morgan worked for them as a Quant and I 100% agreed with Jamie Dimon on what he said 2 days ago.
GMPoison

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:26:54 AM

So instead of countering the points I've made to continue what could be called a constructive conversation on the profitability of mining you instead call me hopeless and a classic case, you tell me that I'm trying to convince myself, and you tell me that I'm talking a bunch of gibberish? If you can't reply with something constructive, why reply at all? I was genuinely interested in why you think you can't at all compare crypto investing traditional investing, but if you're not looking for a semi-intelligent conversation and instead would like to plug your ears, close your eyes, shake your head, march around, and scream "I'm right" like a child, go ahead.  
GMPoison

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:27:56 AM

Sounds like some one worked for Lehman... sorry couldn't resist I know Cheap shot... Sorry...  Grin Tongue

I am a product of JP Morgan worked for them as a Quant and I 100% agreed with Jamie Dimon on what he said 2 days ago.

Well after BenRickert and now seeing this, I'm thoroughly convinced that I'm being trolled. How could you possibly agree with anything Jamie Dimon has said, even if you have worked for him in the past? Please tell me you're trolling and this is all one big joke... for the sake of my sanity...
BenRickert

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:31:07 AM

So instead of countering the points I've made to continue what could be called a constructive conversation on the profitability of mining you instead call me hopeless and a classic case, you tell me that I'm trying to convince myself, and you tell me that I'm talking a bunch of gibberish? If you can't reply with something constructive, why reply at all? I was genuinely interested in why you think you can't at all compare crypto investing traditional investing, but if you're not looking for a semi-intelligent conversation and instead would like to plug your ears, close your eyes, shake your head, march around, and scream "I'm right" like a child, go ahead.  
I gave you the argument. You ignored it. Do you know what S7's are selling for. Cheap, because they are "old Technology" You don't have as long as you might think to run these machines. Moore's law? It's a race to the bottom. But no worries, you're right. Rock on. I wish you all the best. I really do. I'd love to be wrong. I'm just not.

BenRickert

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:33:48 AM

Dear God. I don't. One of the most evil, greedy pieces of shit on this planet. He's scared to death of Block Chain protocols that might break up his little circle jerk. That POS would murder his own mother for $.

GMPoison

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:35:14 AM

I gave you the argument. You ignored it. Do you know what S7's are selling for. Cheap, because they are "old Technology" You don't have as long as you might think to run these machines. Moore's law? It's a race to the bottom. But no worries, you're right. Rock on. I wish you all the best. I really do. I'd love to be wrong. I'm just not.

No, I didn't ignore it. You said that they will be selling for $800-$900 4-5 months from now. I told you that you must not have been around here long or you would know that is false, I just didn't go into detail on why that is false. Rather than asking me why I think that's false, you told me you're right and I'm wrong like a child.

The Antminer S7 is selling for $600-$800 and it was first released in 2015. So why exactly do you believe the L3+ will sell for $800-$900 4-5 months from now when it's nowhere near as old as the S7? I would love to know! Don't tell me to rock on. Don't wish me all the best. Don't tell me you'd love to be wrong and that you're just not. Explain your logic and line of thinking or you'll be rightfully written off as either a troll, or someone who doesn't know much of anything on the topic, which is becoming more and more evident with every post that you write.
crypticj

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:35:28 AM

Sounds like some one worked for Lehman... sorry couldn't resist I know Cheap shot... Sorry...  Grin Tongue

Well after BenRickert and now seeing this, I'm thoroughly convinced that I'm being trolled. How could you possibly agree with anything Jamie Dimon has said, even if you have worked for him in the past? Please tell me you're trolling and this is all one big joke... for the sake of my sanity...

Yes Yes can't agree with Jamie but he is right about 1 thing its a massive bubble and we need correction.

Edit: you were right i was trolling... with "I agree with Jamie Dimon statement"
fynxgloire

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:47:06 AM

Was anyone able to order?
I entered the damn capcha 20 times in a row with correct answers, but it kept asking again and again, wtf
GbrilliantQ

Activity: 189

ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:53:11 AM

Was anyone able to order?
I entered the damn capcha 20 times in a row with correct answers, but it kept asking again and again, wtf

Not this batch.  I had the same problems with the captcha.  Or it going back to the profile page after submitting the order.  I think they might of closed it. 
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:55:44 AM

well orderin this latest batch was a complete shit show again. the site at least loaded this time but you had to be logged in prior to trying to order if you wanted to ever get to the cart but once you get to the end of the checkout there is no payment option available for the d3 and l3+ so the site kept bouncin me to the account settings page. i tried for an hour and a half and got 0. they then removed the listings for both items which is very unusual since they have never done that in the past when they sold out. the listings were removed and came back up a good 5-6 times and if you loaded the page towards the end the item would vannish and pop back up. my cart was also emptied for me each time the listings for the d3 and l3+ were removed which again isnt how things usually work when ordering. maybe they failed to test their site after the update?? its a pretty big issue to leave the entire payment method option off of the checkout page like that....

it looks like others had the same issue. i think they messed up with their site....thats why the listings got removed and readded like this. i dont think many if any were sold for this batch. i will wait a bit longer but i have work in the am so its 1am now and im tired :/.
fynxgloire

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:00:25 AM

Everyone, I mean everyone on the the Bitmain IT staff responsible for the website needs to be fired yesterday.
Completely unacceptable in these times.
A complete crap-fest !
numnutz2009

Activity: 387
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:03:17 AM

Everyone, I mean everyone on the the Bitmain IT staff responsible for the website needs to be fired yesterday.
Completely unacceptable in these times.
A complete crap-fest !

this was my third try. i wasted almost an entire work day so far (7.5 hours) trying to buy their machines. i think another issue comes from not limiting the number per person. if they did that like they used to orders would be easier for folks. once they removed the limits per person things went to shit.
btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:45:40 AM

Looks like there were a few L3+ that didn't complete the checkout process. As of 10:45PM PST, they are available again.
btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:49:25 AM

Looks like there were a few L3+ that didn't complete the checkout process. As of 10:45PM PST, they are available again.

Gone in 3 minutes
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:13:04 AM

Gone in 3 minutes

maybe I'm just old and have already too much equipment and am jaded as heck

but really...this batch size and this batch delivery and what 4 batches before yet in the wind to be delivered yet?

I really, really can't see how even with a modest price pump back to 75 bucks for LTC a way for these to ROI after electric in less than
14 months maybe

anyway, again old fart for crypto (2013) maybe I'm just missing something or everyone 'just knows' the price of scrypt pow coins are gonna moon

but damn $2,280 bucks for a miner.... I suppose all will be fine if it was say LTC at 100 bucks..but why take the risk on the pump with equip?

just get coins? Unless everyone is like me and really, really needs the equip deduction to spin this top up again and mine next year

this old fart is not getting it at all (and don't even get me started on the D3 dash miner that is 4x riskier imho for ROI)

(ambles off..confused...mumbling to self.......kicking can.......mutter wtf..younger asic generation...in my day ......)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: