Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 [761] 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:39:08 AM

I've been watching it to assess my conglomeration of mining hardware's performance only in hopes that it all functions satisfactorily so as to not have to watch it so closely. Unfortunately with the recent issues my timing to do this turned out to be less than ideal.  Grin

The benefit has been a greater application of the mechanics behind it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shazo

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:00:19 AM

All 5 of my antminers are running and I'm getting 1.51 to 1.6 ghash/s out of them however the site only shows a little over 2ghash/s.  Is it issues with the site?
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:11:54 AM

All 5 of my antminers are running and I'm getting 1.51 to 1.6 ghash/s out of them however the site only shows a little over 2ghash/s.  Is it issues with the site?

how long have you let it run? if you start in the middle of a block you will see a less than expected hash rate.
tk34

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:36:30 AM

Yeah I have 4 running...it'll avg out...takes a good day or so. unless the pool is unlucky
EasyQuest

Activity: 198

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:49:42 AM

As I've said before. When it comes to Slush Pool, only look at it once or twice a day to see if your payouts on the stats page are reasonably consistent, say +-10%. And, that your miners are close to the expected hashrate. Do not try and check the math. the computer is smarter than you and doing this will only make ya crazy. Shocked

Mining Slush since May 2013.

Right on, mining since Jan. 2013
moo.over

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:58:34 AM

Time to get a little more hashing power??

check out titanminer.com good product, good support and good price
KNK

Activity: 692
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:09:05 AM

At what speed is it clever to mine solo?
Approximately 1/2000 of the total network speed or ~12TH right now.

"Stratum from pool 0 requested work update" i see that very often, what is it please?
'I have some new transactions for the same block - update your work'

At this pace of growing difficulty (+20% every 12 days seems to be exponential) so soon no one will ever mine, so how Bitcoin network will keep on.
If no one mines the difficulty will go down. The network will keep on, because it will always seek for a balance

Mega Crypto Polis - www.MegaCryptoPolis.com
BTC tips: 1KNK1akhpethhtcyhKTF2d3PWTQDUWUzHE
necro_nemesis

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:55:10 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 10:47:34 AM by necro_nemesis

My 2¢ on rising difficulty.

The biggest concern for increasing difficulty IMHO is the ASIC makers mining with their own ASIC's. Let's face it if they forecast the profitability of the rig they sell to be higher than the equipment cost plus the cost to run it they'd keep it and plug it in.

I notice a tremendous amount of concern for power consumption in design which given rig pricing works out to be percentage wise a fractional amount of the mining costs. So why all the concern? Well I suggest if your going take your ASIC design, engineered by your fabless design company and run your production to build yourself enough ASIC's to run a mining operation, the costs to manufacture additional ASIC's to do so in large quantities is minimal. It would appear that if you had independent miners willing to front you the R&D costs through "pre-order" your R&D costs could be covered. On paper the promised performance appears lucrative but what's missing from the equation is how much of that technology is going to be put in direct competition with that same equipment you're buying? So let's get back to this power concern. If you're going to run a large scale operation and your attempting to get your $ / hash to a minimum to be as competitive as possible; and you've whittled down your hardware cost as much as you possibly can, your remaining cost concern is power which at a relatively low hardware cost becomes a more significant factor.

What I see with this heightened power concern is a trend towards large scale operations. I unfortunately feel bitcoin which was made for the people will end up under the control of a few and as far as that goes the "people" will be the ones who paved the way in fronting money for the development but not reap reward for their investment.

The only way I can see it remain with the people is to have an agreement with the ASIC makers which ensures their investment cannot be used against them.

To this end, without this measure in place, IMHO the next round of ASIC's is going to be devastating to the average miner once these higher efficiency devices get put into play in large numbers.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:56:11 AM

I rarely get the right rate on the site, 30% less some days. I'm hoping the ten block ave is right, but to be honest I'm about sick of all the issues lately on top of that..losing trust rapidly. 2/3 blocks a day isn't doing it for me at all either.

Just because something has been around a long time doesn't make it worth sticking with, we'd all be using pencils or typewriters based on that logic wouldn't we?

I can make more playing a game with no miner at all in Huntercoins than with an 150GH ASIC on Slush some days. That's nuts.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
necro_nemesis

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:28:18 AM

You're poor antminer performance is likely either misinterpreted information or something incorrect with your rig set up.  In spite of the recent system reporting problems the site is reporting accepted shares correctly presently for me. You should be able to cross check this value with your mining software for verification. With ants I recommend using bfgminer (latest build) as I have recently read the others may be experiencing issues with the units.
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:47:14 AM

Why run them at 1.6GH/sec, if you can so easily overclock to about 2 GH/sec (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=390929.0

Cheers
necro_nemesis

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:51:03 AM

I believe he's stating the sum of his ants. Yes individually they can be software overclocked to 2.2 Gh/s.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:52:50 AM

You're poor antminer performance is likely either misinterpreted information or something incorrect with your rig set up.  In spite of the recent system reporting problems the site is reporting accepted shares correctly presently for me. You should be able to cross check this value with your mining software for verification. With ants I recommend using bfgminer (latest build) as I have recently read the others may be experiencing issues with the units.

More likely the figures on Slush are wrong. I've got an ave of 1131992 Mhash/s on mine, but the 104275.221 speed has changed by less than 2% for those last ten...and CG miner has had a steady 145-154 range for the last month, I've been paying attention and it's only once been what Slush reported. That's quite a large difference, and if it's widespread ...massive.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
shazo

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:07:51 AM

how long have you let it run? if you start in the middle of a block you will see a less than expected hash rate.

They've been running for 6 days.

I'm not spending that much money on mining equipment.  Not when I can look for a place to buy BTC and order an antminer S1 for 1.45 coins. 

I rarely get the right rate on the site, 30% less some days. I'm hoping the ten block ave is right, but to be honest I'm about sick of all the issues lately on top of that..losing trust rapidly. 2/3 blocks a day isn't doing it for me at all either.

Just because something has been around a long time doesn't make it worth sticking with, we'd all be using pencils or typewriters based on that logic wouldn't we?

I can make more playing a game with no miner at all in Huntercoins than with an 150GH ASIC on Slush some days. That's nuts.

I've not been on this pool long however it was great when I started.  When the site works and updates like it should I think I do well on it.  I know issues with the site don't effect the pool. 

Im using bfgminer.  Unless one or more of my U1's is about to fail I don't know what could be incorrect with my setup.  Other than when one of them just stopped working and I swapped it around with another one on a different port all 5 have been working for about 2 weeks now.

Why run them at 1.6GH/sec, if you can so easily overclock to about 2 GH/sec (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=390929.0

Cheers

I just haven't done it yet.  I wanted to make sure they were working before I did.  Also with the way my USB hub is I can't put a fan over one of them.  With the one not having a fan over it I'm not sure if I should OC it or not.

This is the hub I'm using:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/360454/7-Port_USB_20_Hub_with_Power_Adapter

I can't put a fan on the two at the tip so I have it at the last port before them with 4 miners in front and then one at the tip. 

Because of the hub being like this I was thinking about buying a new hub or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Mobile-Fan-External-Cooling/dp/B00080G0BK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392894253&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+fan

However if I spend any more money in bitcoin I'm just going to buy the coins and us them to get an antminer S1.  Seems like doing it like that might be the cheapest rout instead of spending 1500-2200 on one.

kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

They've been running for 6 days.

I'm not spending that much money on mining equipment.  Not when I can look for a place to buy BTC and order an antminer S1 for 1.45 coins. 

I've not been on this pool long however it was great when I started.  When the site works and updates like it should I think I do well on it.  I know issues with the site don't effect the pool. 

Im using bfgminer.  Unless one or more of my U1's is about to fail I don't know what could be incorrect with my setup.  Other than when one of them just stopped working and I swapped it around with another one on a different port all 5 have been working for about 2 weeks now.

Cheers

I just haven't done it yet.  I wanted to make sure they were working before I did.  Also with the way my USB hub is I can't put a fan over one of them.  With the one not having a fan over it I'm not sure if I should OC it or not.

This is the hub I'm using:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/360454/7-Port_USB_20_Hub_with_Power_Adapter

I can't put a fan on the two at the tip so I have it at the last port before them with 4 miners in front and then one at the tip. 

Because of the hub being like this I was thinking about buying a new hub or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Mobile-Fan-External-Cooling/dp/B00080G0BK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1392894253&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+fan

However if I spend any more money in bitcoin I'm just going to buy the coins and us them to get an antminer S1.  Seems like doing it like that might be the cheapest rout instead of spending 1500-2200 on one.

The web page of the hub that you are using does not specify the current of the power adapter.  This is probably your limiting factor.  You may just try the software overclocking and see if it works for you.  In most cases it is possible to replace just the power adapter with one of a higher capacity (I have done that with very cheap 10 port hubs that came with 2A power adapters which tended to die very quickly). The fan could be powered from a free USB port on your PC, or from a separate 'USB charger' adapter.

In regard to Slush reporting of hashing power, it is correct if you are hashing steadily from or before the start of a block, but as it is based on the 'shares so far' tends to be quite inaccurate if there are any changes in your hashing.  You may try another pool such as BTC for a short period of time just to check out your hashing 'on the air' if that concerns you.  Both cgminer and bfgminer provide good reporting of the hashing rates, so you can rely on that.

Cheers
InfiniteGrim

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:38:14 PM

Man, 2 12 hour blocks in a row is depressing.
Benjy_Bronk

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:50:02 PM

So is a current Bitcoin price of under $600
EdB666

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:09:59 PM

The flip-side of that though, is that people buying hardware with BTC will wait until the value bounces back, so our existing GH/s will be less diluted until it does.  And only a few days ago, we had six blocks in 2 hours, so don't despair!
necro_nemesis

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:27:10 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 01:50:20 PM by necro_nemesis

$595 at Bitstamp when I checked. If you go over to Mt Gox they throw in a chicken dinner with every coin purchased.

https://bitcoinity.org/markets

Never go to Vegas expecting to beat the house. I mine with what I will willingly afford to lose as pastime. You might want to check out the action on the ponies.
binja9

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:33:11 PM

The flip-side of that though, is that people buying hardware with BTC will wait until the value bounces back, so our existing GH/s will be less diluted until it does.  And only a few days ago, we had six blocks in 2 hours, so don't despair!

Not being a conspiracy theorist or general moaner nor am I a genius but I have noticed that as soon as the pool hash rate goes over 800TH the blocks get massively longer.
SO......
if some of you conspiracy theorists or serial moaners wouldn't mind doing a one,  to bring the hash rate below 800Th again I and my earnings would appreciate it....

cheers
Pages: « 1 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 [761] 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: