Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
BuhTuglia

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:32:16 PM

Another five hour block? WTF? Someone here has offended the gods or something; throw yourself on your sword please, and let's get on with it. Jeez. I had high hopes after day before yesterday, when things went so well. I'll be in the corner crying if anyone needs me.

Just another dust miner... Enquiring Gnomes want to Mine!
Send nothing to 16SVa2iQA6HuNPDGYShpmeEvUBRi2gW7f1
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tribus

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:36:47 PM

bitching and moaning about poor luck or administration hiccups are "on topic" for this thread.

Bitching about poor luck is on topic...LOL...HAHAHAHAHA!

This is what I have to say about that:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0

Hey friend, "luck" is at 34% and we are another block that might last half a day. How do you feel about bitching about poor luck now? Still not on topic? How about the way the pool starts crashing right before a stretch of bad "luck". Pool solved 2 blocks yesterday :|

You use a movie clip to discredit this idea, funny stuff, but does anyone at all think there might be more than coincidence within the "luck" we see? I'm not accusing the pool owner of stealing, but I see a pattern where the pool will have technical issues, and then we get slammed with bad "luck" for a few days. Doesn't pass the smell test...

Personally I think it's fine...bad luck is bad luck...I am not a conspiracy theory guy, so I just don't care...I roll with it and not get my panties in a bunch.

I am into BTC mining for fun, not money.  Sure, I bought ASIC's, but I did it all for the love of the technology not because of greed.
ccynthia

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:40:25 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 12:18:13 AM by ccynthia

bitching and moaning about poor luck or administration hiccups are "on topic" for this thread.

Hey friend, "luck" is at 34% and we are another block that might last half a day. How do you feel about bitching about poor luck now? Still not on topic? How about the way the pool starts crashing right before a stretch of bad "luck". Pool solved 2 blocks yesterday :|

You use a movie clip to discredit this idea, funny stuff, but does anyone at all think there might be more than coincidence within the "luck" we see? I'm not accusing the pool owner of stealing, but I see a pattern where the pool will have technical issues, and then we get slammed with bad "luck" for a few days. Doesn't pass the smell test...

Personally I think it's fine...bad luck is bad luck...I am not a conspiracy theory guy, so I just don't care...I roll with it and not get my panties in a bunch.

I am into BTC mining for fun, not money.  Sure, I bought ASIC's, but I did it all for the love of the technology not because of greed.

HA! You sound just like me. LOL

I just enjoy it and don't take things as seriously as so many seem to. Guess they are going to loose their house, car, girlfriends or something if can't make things better and make bigger money. Be happy - soon as BFL Labs releases their 600ghz cards we are all down the tube.

Ah, yes, that's card not box. Just pop it into your computer and have 600 GH/s get 4 have 2400 GH/s, we are lost souls.

Anyway back to serious stuff - Does anyone know if I can run 2 or 3 different pools on same computer? I have 100 GH/s need to put online but do I need a different computer to do that? Mine seem to automatically link into each other as if they are one big system.
EasyQuest

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:15:12 AM

I am into BTC mining for fun, not money.  Sure, I bought ASIC's, but I did it all for the love of the technology not because of greed.

I just enjoy it and don't take things as seriously as so many seem to. Guess they are going to loose their house, car, girlfriends or something if can't make things better and make bigger money. Be happy - soon as BFL Labs releases their 600ghz cards we are all down the tube.

Ah, yes, that's card not box. Just pop it into your computer and have 600ghz get 4 have 2400ghz, we are lost souls.

Anyway back to serious stuff - Does anyone know if I can run 2 or 3 different pools on same computer? I have 100ghz need to put online but do I need a different computer to do that? Mine seem to automatically link into each other as if they are one big system.

GH/s* not ghz.....
ccynthia

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:19:47 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 12:44:02 AM by ccynthia

GH/s* not ghz.....

Thank You stand corrected. GH/s it is.

Oh and after playing WOW for awhile I checked another pool account and it seems at least 3 of the top 5 pools are having slow pool issues. I haven't checked anymore cause don't have accounts with them. Maybe China, Russia, N. Korea or some Drug Lords are hacking into the system for this easy money and causing issues! A thought. Maybe they can't get in but maybe they are doing enough to just cause the whole btc thing to have problems. You have to know they are trying, don't you.

Heck, N. Korea is printing $100.00 bills so good it takes the Department of Treasury and Secret Service to determine if they are fake or not.

Btc has been running what 3 years now. The more public it becomes the bigger target it is. They had a news article earlier today about the BTC "rush" on South Korean TV. Easy picking for the criminal element.Roll Eyes

The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:42:06 AM

Pool luck was 34% earlier. Then after the 5:37 block it was UP to 37%. Now, 6 hours into the next block, the luck says it's UP to 46%? I'd like to know how that works Huh

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:44:58 AM

Pool luck was 34% earlier. Then after the 5:37 block it was 37%. Now, 6 hours into the next block, the luck says 46%? I'd like to know how that works

Luck is calculated on the last found block and the previous found blocks. The current block being worked on can't be included because it hasn't been found yet.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:46:52 AM

Pool luck was 34% earlier. Then after the 5:37 block it was 37%. Now, 6 hours into the next block, the luck says 46%? I'd like to know how that works

Luck is calculated on the last found block and the previous found blocks. The current block being worked on can't be included because it hasn't been found yet.
So how did the luck go from 37% to 46% *during* the present block? Surely it should be zero or a minus number by now? Or as you say, it should still be 37%.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:20:42 AM

Ah, yes, that's card not box. Just pop it into your computer and have 600 GH/s get 4 have 2400 GH/s, we are lost souls.

Anyway back to serious stuff - Does anyone know if I can run 2 or 3 different pools on same computer? I have 100 GH/s need to put online but do I need a different computer to do that? Mine seem to automatically link into each other as if they are one big system.

[/quote]

Cynthia, you do realize the Monarch does not exist...right ?  it's the Neptune we all need to worry about.  right now there is a price war with Avalon & Antminer.  They are the enemy currently.  i paid too much for my mining equipment, I had to switch pools for a bit, I am now earning again.  4 blocks in 3 days, that is just super retarded.

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ccynthia

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:30:56 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 03:22:03 AM by ccynthia

Cynthia, you do realize the Monarch does not exist...right ?  it's the Neptune we all need to worry about.  right now there is a price war with Avalon & Antminer.  They are the enemy currently.  i paid too much for my mining equipment, I had to switch pools for a bit, I am now earning again.  4 blocks in 3 days, that is just super retarded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hope you are right but I personally don't think so after talking to the people at Butterfly Labs on the phone two days ago. They are real close to starting their hosting service also, which is set by default to the Eclipse pool. Their service will be offering 100 GH/s for about 1/2 of what you paid for a 50 GH/s box if I'm understanding what boxes you have. I may be wrong on your boxes though.  Of course you need to understand their year end contract you will need to sign as you will be paying for one of the Monarch cards.

The Monarch card is coming sooner or later and I'm really afraid it is going to be sooner than later and it will be our downfall unless we change also. Hope they don't release it for years.

I am sorry you paid to much for your miners, maybe I did too - not sure, but we all know the HIGH RISK we are taking in this btc thing. This btc is a bubble that WILL BURST one way or another and we are ALL just riding it hoping to make something before it bursts or we are forced out, lets not kid ourselves about that. We are all in an extremely HIGH RISK business mining btc and we better be ready to accept that risk.

We are being forced out by greed and I mean BIG BIG money greed - like multi-million dollar system greed. Sure I may be a n00b in this and maybe can't talk the tech talk stuff but I am aware what is going on.

As for Slush pool speed yes I agree it is extremely slow right now and something IS WRONG - but like I said I have checked my other 2 accounts and they also are having slow issues. Enough so that one made a posting calling it a SEVERE SLOWDOWN but they have no idea why.

If you are on a pool making money could you tell me where. I have 100 GH/s still to put online and would like to know where to go.

And I just checked the pool records and it has been 30 blocks in the last 3 days not 4. But yes, I would like to make more, any ideas where.

I think some of you may be taking my attempt at making some of my posts here light hearted to help keep the spirit up as a sign of stupidity or whatever - I wouldn't make that mistake. I know why I am into btc mining, what the ultimate outcome has to be, and I want to make as much as I can while I can but I also want to have fun doing it.

If you are not accepting btc mining as the HIGH RISK operation it is then I can only feel sorry for you. Maybe you didn't understand or didn't research enough before you got involved. But things in the btc world are NOT the same as they were even 6 months ago. It is an ever changing system and will never be stable by its very nature and the greed of people in general.

So it's back to playing my online game of WOW for me. Grin

J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 03:29:13 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hope you are right but I personally don't think so after talking to the people at Butterfly Labs on the phone two days ago. They are real close to starting their hosting service also, which is set by default to the Eclipse pool. Their service will be offering 100 GH/s for about 1/2 of what you paid for a 50 GH/s box if I'm understanding what boxes you have. I may be wrong on your boxes though.  Of course you need to understand their year end contract you will need to sign as you will be paying for one of the Monarch cards.

The Monarch card is coming sooner or later and I'm really afraid it is going to be sooner than later and it will be our downfall unless we change also. Hope they don't release it for years.

I am sorry you paid to much for your miners, maybe I did too - not sure, but we all know the HIGH RISK we are taking in this btc thing. This btc is a bubble that WILL BURST one way or another and we are ALL just riding it hoping to make something before it bursts or we are forced out, lets not kid ourselves about that. We are all in an extremely HIGH RISK business mining btc and we better be ready to accept that risk.

We are being forced out by greed and I mean BIG BIG money greed - like multi-million dollar system greed. Sure I may be a n00b in this and maybe can't talk the tech talk stuff but I am aware what is going on.

As for Slush pool speed yes I agree it is extremely slow right now and something IS WRONG - but like I said I have checked my other 2 accounts and they also are having slow issues. Enough so that one made a posting calling it a SEVERE SLOWDOWN but they have no idea why.

If you are on a pool making money could you tell me where. I have 100 GH/s still to put online and would like to know where to go.

And I just checked the pool records and it has been 30 blocks in the last 3 days not 4. But yes, I would like to make more, any ideas where.

I think some of you may be taking my attempt at making some of my posts here light hearted to help keep the spirit up as a sign of stupidity or whatever - I wouldn't make that mistake. I know why I am into btc mining, what the ultimate outcome has to be, and I want to make as much as I can while I can but I also want to have fun doing it.

If you are not accepting btc mining as the HIGH RISK operation it is then I can only feel sorry for you. Maybe you didn't understand or didn't research enough before you got involved. But things in the btc world are NOT the same as they were even 6 months ago. It is an ever changing system and will never be stable by its very nature and the greed of people in general.

So it's back to playing my online game of WOW for me. Grin

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but please bone up on economics, perceiving stupidity has very little to do with your jovial tone.
ccynthia

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:00:07 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 04:16:33 AM by ccynthia

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but please bone up on economics, perceiving stupidity has very little to do with your jovial tone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooooooooook. Economics, bone up, perceiving yuk! None of you sound like jerk's to me, it's just an opinion - like mine.  I have no problem with that. Like I have no problem with the gentleman who asked me if I believed the Monarch card was real. I'm grown up and understand what's going on and what money I'm spending in this venture is my at risk money. Has nothing to do with pool speed I know but since it seems to be spread throughout the btc pool universe what does it have to do with the Slush pool, since they can't do much about it either.

But I would like to know where to put my extra 100 GH/s since I can't seem to get it to work 2 or 3 pools on one machine. I do have another computer coming in the next few days so guess that will solve my problem. Roll Eyes
slappo

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:17:44 AM

There's something going on with the pool!!!

I'm getting more rejected shares than accepted right now and it's only on slush's pool that this is happening.

I'm wondering if everyone is experiencing this, and that is why we are getting such shit block times right now.
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:23:08 AM

I'm getting more rejected shares than accepted right now and it's only on slush's pool that this is happening.

I'm wondering if everyone is experiencing this, and that is why we are getting such shit block times right now.
It all looks normal on my miners.

ccynthia

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:23:37 AM

I'm not getting rejected shares but a lot of stale shares don't know about others.
ccynthia

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:30:05 AM

What other pools are you on if I may ask and how are they doing in this pool slow down. I noticed BTC Guild has paid over 30 blocks just today so far but not sure what a slower miner like me would be getting there since they have approx. 30,000 miners on right now.
slappo

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:33:58 AM

I'm not getting rejected shares but a lot of stale shares don't know about others.
What other pools are you on if I may ask and how are they doing in this pool slow down. I noticed BTC Guild has paid over 30 blocks just today so far but not sure what a slower miner like me would be getting there.

Yeah they are stale shares, which translate into rejected...

I have a fall back onto Ghash.io, and then my backup backup pool is Ozco.in (I do it fur the lulz)

I have barely made anything from this pool in the past week.

I don't have that much hardware, but i'm seeing almost %75 less BTC being generated compared to other pools that I try.
slappo

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:36:20 AM

Well it would seem that a restart on BFGminer has fixed the problem, but I've never had to do that before...
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:12:19 AM

Well it would seem that a restart on BFGminer has fixed the problem, but I've never had to do that before...

Hmmm... My big issue with revenue decline comes from the fact we aren't solving any blocks. I haven't done any digging, but some posts have said other pools are slow too...

If the entire network is actually slow that means perhaps the last difficulty adjustment was too aggressive. From what I understand, difficulty (technically) can move up or down, whatever it takes, with the end goal being that the next 2016 blocks take 2 weeks to mine. Not saying the last difficulty increase was flawed or too aggressive, but if this is a network-wide issue we should expect to see it reflected somehow in the next difficulty calculation.
ccynthia

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:24:32 AM

Hmmm... My big issue with revenue decline comes from the fact we aren't solving any blocks. I haven't done any digging, but some posts have said other pools are slow too...

If the entire network is actually slow that means perhaps the last difficulty adjustment was too aggressive. From what I understand, difficulty (technically) can move up or down, whatever it takes, with the end goal being that the next 2016 blocks take 2 weeks to mine. Not saying the last difficulty increase was flawed or too aggressive, but if this is a network-wide issue we should expect to see it reflected somehow in the next difficulty calculation.

Makes sense but they don't seem to know why this is happening and here is an exact copy off the BTC Guild site:

A block was paid out twice earlier today due to a severe slowdown in the bitcoin daemon used to scan for new blocks. This block has been removed from the payment history and the shifts since it was already paid once. Rewards will have decreased by 1 block for all users that were active between shifts 14027 and 14036. This should not materially affect overall rewards for any users. If a user's balance has gone negative as a result, it is highly unlikely their balance will remain negative by the time those shifts are closed due to additional block solves.

The exact reason the bitcoin daemon became so slow is not known, but secondary checks have been put into place to prevent a double payment from happening in the future.

January 16, 2014
Pages: « 1 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: