Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:09:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 [923] 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:42:25 AM

So lately iv been watching the diff prediction rise.    It started at like 31 its now 35-38  and I have a feeling when it comes for diff ride it will be at around 42-46.   I thinks is on have like 5 levels in 28hrs or less.   And by the looks of it, its not going to drop, slow down or stop rising anytime soon.

The higher the diff, the more miners people add,   and the so called "only way" to lower it is for miners to be turned off.    
So this is why i have a feeling it'll be 42-48 by the time it finLly changes.  

I'm not loosing hope.  The hope is there, just loosing hope of it dropping or stopping anytime soon.

My theory is,  with your own miners  everyone who runs more than 5th/s turn off ur miners and reduce the speed to 1-5th/s and keep ur miners ready for when and if price rises or diff shootsnthrough the roof.

Instead of adding more and more and more miners to keep up with diff,    turn half your miners off so diff drops thus doubling your profit(I'm pretty sure)

We here at slushs are a family.   And as a family were strong and were lucky.    But diff won't drop or slow down anytime soon with more and more people turning onnmore miners.

Thanks.

You do realize there is 248 TH on the network, it will never happen. Enjoy while you can as home mining will be nothing but a hobby in the not to distant future. Just the nature of the beast.

No I do realize.  But alllll of this can be fixed by people simply... Reducing there speed.   That doesn't mean just slush users.   It means EVERYONE.      Cut urnspeed in half, save btc, increase profitability.

I understand it all, but everyone halving there speeds would double maybe triplenour profits.   But since that won't happen.   I guess going broke to try and make moneybis the big thing now in bitcoin world.

Hobby, it already is a hobby.   And one hell of a hobby.   Started a few weeks ago, made some money but seems with btc/ $ drop and diff constantly rising every single day.  Maaking IT dead hard TO ROI.

Unless people were smart and and halved there.mining speed.    And suffer low rewards for ahwile so we can get lower diff.  Butnsince nobody seems to think like that.

SUFFER AWAY.  Seems to be what everyone likes to do

Complains about slow blocks, slow or low payouts lower payouts eTC.     Well. Why are you complaining...... The solutions to fix it all are out there but  ppl just  keep complaining or.... Let's just buy more miners increase my speed....... Causingnhigher diff causing longer blocks or smaller payouts.  

I'm just in this to make a few hundred $  possibly hopefully a few thousand $$    or at least break even

FOR I have spoken my 2 sense into this.

I like this hobby, its great for my ADHD.   Always got stuff to do things to check on, math tobdo.      Keeps the hands and the head busy, works for me as long as I can break even  and make a few bucks after that is all I care about.

exactly, why i do it is a really fun hobby atm i don't have ADHD but am disabled to the point i can't work and my DR won't let me go back to work ive tried but he won't let me so this keeps my mind jumping . and i all i hope for is to break even and make a little extra change on the side, I'm set . The days of getting rich off this are all but over unless you want spend like what may be 40 k for the hardware.

cya

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kkurtmann

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:19:29 AM

So lately iv been watching the diff prediction rise.    It started at like 31 its now 35-38  and I have a feeling when it comes for diff ride it will be at around 42-46.   I thinks is on have like 5 levels in 28hrs or less.   And by the looks of it, its not going to drop, slow down or stop rising anytime soon.

The higher the diff, the more miners people add,   and the so called "only way" to lower it is for miners to be turned off.    
So this is why i have a feeling it'll be 42-48 by the time it finLly changes.  

I'm not loosing hope.  The hope is there, just loosing hope of it dropping or stopping anytime soon.

My theory is,  with your own miners  everyone who runs more than 5th/s turn off ur miners and reduce the speed to 1-5th/s and keep ur miners ready for when and if price rises or diff shootsnthrough the roof.

Instead of adding more and more and more miners to keep up with diff,    turn half your miners off so diff drops thus doubling your profit(I'm pretty sure)

We here at slushs are a family.   And as a family were strong and were lucky.    But diff won't drop or slow down anytime soon with more and more people turning onnmore miners.

Thanks.

You do realize there is 248 TH on the network, it will never happen. Enjoy while you can as home mining will be nothing but a hobby in the not to distant future. Just the nature of the beast.

You do realize there is 248 PH/s on the network

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
kcal63

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:52:45 AM

Yep while cutting the total network hash is a wonderful idea, it will never happen. Try to convince Intel, Microsoft, IBM or Swissbank to turn off some hashing power. Yeah "Hey guys that new $44 million server center you just built? Mind turning off half?" LOL
Just in NY and Connecticut there are companies building new centers due on line by Nov that will have an additional 14 PHs of additional mining power. (That's not counting whatever Intel is building, cause they never announce it or even discuss it).
moss

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:15:32 AM

Yep while cutting the total network hash is a wonderful idea, it will never happen. Try to convince Intel, Microsoft, IBM or Swissbank to turn off some hashing power. Yeah "Hey guys that new $44 million server center you just built? Mind turning off half?" LOL
Just in NY and Connecticut there are companies building new centers due on line by Nov that will have an additional 14 PHs of additional mining power. (That's not counting whatever Intel is building, cause they never announce it or even discuss it).

I wonder what proportion of the total network hash indie miners contribute?  I suspect that most of the hashing power comes from large scale operations, so whatever we did would have little effect.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:27:16 AM

true there is no way to stop it and really it was never meant to be stopped if the documentary i watch two weeks ago is right on Bitcoins its gonna be here another 100 years or so if it does not lose value in the market etc.

if they notice the hard ware is getting more efferent and using less power and producing less heat getting more user friendly and cheaper , out of all the complaint i see and try to not say any thing i have yet to see anyone point out to any real degree what I just said .

it's not gonna slow down that's the point it's not meant to Smiley . and hardware will get cheaper and company will get the upper hand but the potential to make money at home will all way be there just not like it was . i see this not as the great gold rush as some like to put it because the great gold rush was some thing of a diff nature if you think about it .  

but any way we might as well get use to it and get ready for more faster and cheaper hardware sure there all ways be that cutting edge stuff only the lucky few get to try before it goes main stream but that's just how it is.

cya

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
00pmac00

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:44:18 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 02:04:24 PM by 00pmac00

Wow the floor is dropping out from beneath the bitcoin price this morning  Cry
moss

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:17:52 PM

Wow the floor is dropping out from beneath the bitcoin price this morning  Cry

Yeah, not going in the direction we want at all.  Sad
cris12821

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:39:17 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 02:58:14 PM by cris12821

Wooohooo.  As always.   Slush is going golden again.   Reward is back up.   I'm getting .0015 extra btc per block now.  Wohoooo.

I knew this would happen,  slush always has the best come back.

Now we just need the btc/$ to go back to like the 600s.  Wow the price sure is dropping quite a bit. Very sucky.

Woot.    Hopefully I reach .5 or 1 btc before the week is over. Or close to

Give Respect , Get Respect
TradersWay.JC

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 03:09:13 PM

Another $20 down? I hope we see a reversal soon.... We had such a great day mining 2 days ago.

Trader's Way - Forex & Binary Options Trading, Accepts Bitcoin - US Traders Accepted Smiley
Get a 100% Deposit Bonus when you sign up with us. Free VPS with deposits above $1000
cdjbolton

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:28:13 PM

Come on everyone - We need a slush rain dance, could do with a few blocks while the hashrates a bit lower.

Really need a slush rain dance meme too Grin
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:30:47 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 04:02:30 PM by Billbags

^ Let me get some coffee in me and ill get right on that dance Cry

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-discount-opportunities/

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-decline-continues/

Time to buy Bitcoin and Gold while they are both low.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
cdjbolton

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:41:53 PM

^ Im going to be doing a rain dance in my street when i get home - Just at work atm so they may wonder why im dancing like a mad man in the office.
cris12821

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:13:14 PM

You all keep saying people won't shutdown some miners or w.e.    nobof not that's why you FORCE THEN TO.     Mostly these btc exchanges.   Its called DDOS, which means distributed denial of service,   with the ability to shutdown. Pools or exchanges for a few hours or days. 

Price is just dropping,  and the only real way to fix this is for some of these exchanges or pools to go offline for ahwile. 

But everyone likes to say people wontbturb them off, no nobody will, that's why u take it offline by force.... Just until price goes up a bit.

Either way.   STOCK MARKET people that's what this is like.

bobsav2121

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:18:49 PM

^ Im going to be doing a rain dance in my street when i get home - Just at work atm so they may wonder why im dancing like a mad man in the office.

All the dancing  in the world is not going to help at this point.

Block payment less than half of what it was.

BTC goin down fast like the Titanic.

Difficulty going up like the space shuttle. maybe faster next month when the new machines get delivered .

Face the music it's about to be over for home mining.

It's been a nice ride this past year but if you've been around you can see the warning signs.

If your new , get out now your going to loose..

JMHO
Bob
cris12821

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:23:50 PM

All the dancing  in the world is not going to help at this point.

Difficulty going up like the space shuttle. maybe faster next month when the new machines get delivered .

It's been a nice ride this past year but if you've been around you can see the warning signs.

JMHO
Bob

Wow.  So negative.      Thus guy has clearly lost all hope

X3rxis

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:31:54 PM

the cgminer.exe cant find my S3 is there a how to ?
cdjbolton

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:35:15 PM

Just one thing, Im not home mining we have a commercial setup.

And i have 18 S3 machines and a couple of S2 machines that have all been paid for with mining, so worst comes to worst and bitcoin goes tits up i'll just weigh the metal in and go to the pub.

Better to be part of something than nothing.
bobsav2121

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:36:23 PM

JMHO
Bob

Wow.  So negative.      Thus guy has clearly lost all hope

It not hope I've lost, it's profit.
Electric bills have not gone down just payouts from every pool , not just slush.
If you can show me where I'm wrong I'd like to see it.
I'm just trying to warn new people to give up now and learn from the people who have been at this a while.
The Heyday is over and gone.
The mountain ahead is getting higher and higher and no matter what your driving you'll never get anywhere.
I lost my fair share of money when I first started out, but was lucky enough to turn a profit before it was too late.
Right now the only people who will make any money are the manufacture's that are selling their last ditch effort hardware to people who cant see the writing on the wall.
Sorry if I seem all doom and gloom but as I said if you have any FACTS to show I'm wrong, bring it on.
Bob
cris12821

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:56:26 PM

JMHO
Bob

Wow.  So negative.      Thus guy has clearly lost all hope

Electric bills have not gone down just payouts from every pool , not just slush.
I'm just trying to warn new people to give up now and learn from the people who have been at this a while.
The mountain ahead is getting higher and higher and no matter what your driving you'll never get anywhere.
I lost my fair share of money when I first started out, but was lucky enough to turn a profit before it was too late.
Right now the only people who will make any money are the manufacture's that are selling their last ditch effort hardware to people who cant see the writing on the wall.
Sorry if I seem all doom and gloom but as I said if you have any FACTS to show I'm wrong, bring it on.
Bob

Iv started my own farm a few weeks back hosting at 3 different places.  And so far iv pretty much already broke even. 8 cent kW/h and free electricity is how I'm running.

So far its working amazing.    

Correct me if I'm wrong. But if ur new or w.e.  if u have free electricity,  ur completely fine.  If ur paying for electricity you may be out of luck soon

bobsav2121

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:19:07 PM

JMHO
Bob

Wow.  So negative.      Thus guy has clearly lost all hope

Bob

Iv started my own farm a few weeks back hosting at 3 different places.  And so far iv pretty much already broke even. 8 cent kW/h and free electricity is how I'm running.

So far its working amazing.    

Correct me if I'm wrong. But if ur new or w.e.  if u have free electricity,  ur completely fine.  If ur paying for electricity you may be out of luck soon

HOW MANY people have FREE electricity....

Gimme a break
Pages: « 1 ... 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 [923] 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: