Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:44:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 [938] 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
wasikidding

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:30:26 AM

10.5 min avg blocks since new diff so might not go up much next round except even at that ridiculous price batch 1 s4 sold out in 12 hours

Batch 1 wasn't that large to begin with, this is from their post in S4 thread:
S4'B1 is limited in quantity, as it is the first mass production after the development stage.

understood still dont see how anyone would buy that 3.4 btc for .01 w gh/s improvement over s3+ .069 vs .070 when 2 s3+ is 1.16 and prob cheaper you can get 4 for over 1 btc cheaper and have same hash rate and I know it has an integrated psu so they wont have to buy 2 140 dollar psu's but they have to find a 16 amp power cord that fits hmmmmm... gonna be tuff 15 amp is what 12 gauge and thats already thicker then standard computer power cord bet it costs a bit and as standard outlets in the us are 15 amp rated I'm sure warranties will be void

Agree, I wonder if they noticed that server psu and those 4 large fans? It is going to be very loud.
S4 was obviously geared for their hosting option or a data center not the home. Either way you will never see ROI with it but sheep will be sheep.
yup i was looking online and it appears only 250 volt solutions for above 15 amp power cords

Wouldn't surprise me if the S5 when it comes out is a 220v only, just hope they don't drop the S3 line.

Don't let this come across as "attacking" anyone:

You fail to realize the S4 COMES WITH A POWER SUPPLY BUILT IN.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A PSU TO POWER THE THING.  We have to buy PSU's to power the 3 or 4 Antminer S3's to get about the same hashing power.  I prefer the S3+ at this point in time.  However, the S4 will probably have a greater resale value down the road if you choose to get out of mining at some point in time.

So, you save money not having to buy PSU.  Their PSU is GOLD rated and not PLATINUM rated like my Corsair AX860's powering my S3's.

Also, someone made a good point about the "watts consumed at the wall."  Approximately 1400 watts OR 1380 watts to be exact when you multiply the .69 watts x 2,000 GH/s.

TRY putting two of these on a 20 AMP circuit; EVEN WHEN YOU REPLACE THE STANDARD 15 AMP RECEPTACLE (OUTLET) WITH A 20 AMP OUTLET.  You would only be able to put ONE of these bad boys on that ONE 20 AMP OUTLET.  20 AMPS will drive 2400 WATTS.

Do the math:  1400 watts x 2 Bitmain Antminer S4's is 2800 WATTS.  The 12/2 wire will get too hot.  IF you have 14/2, YOUR HOUSE WILL BURN DOWN if the breaker doesn't trip!

SOLUTION:

RUN 10/3 wire [Rated at 30 AMPS] to a 30 AMP OUTLET [NEMA L-14-30-R (circular/4 prong)].  IT MUST BE NEMA L-14-30-R/CIRCULAR.  OTHERWISE, IT WILL NOT ALLOW THE NEXT THING I MENTION TO PLUG INTO IT.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pass-Seymour-30-Amp-Self-Grounding-Locking-Single-Outlet-Receptacle-Black-L1430RCCV3/100155901?N=5yc1vZc33aZ1z11vjb#specifications

THEN GET THE FOLLOWING EXTENSION CORD [3 ft. Generator 30 Amp 4-prong to 15-20 Amp (x2) Y-Adapter] TO PLUG INTO THE NEMA L-14-30-R OUTLET:

This extension cord splits INTO TWO 20 AMP PLUGS to plug in two Bitmain Antminer S4's.  It's only 3 feet but it gets the job done.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rodale-3-ft-Generator-30-Amp-4-prong-to-15-20-Amp-x2-Y-Adapter-G30AM420AY/202669114?N=5yc1vZc4neZ1z11vjb

DON'T FORGET THE DOUBLE POLE 30 AMP BREAKER.

http://www.homedepot.com/s/double%2520pole%252030%2520amp%2520breaker?NCNI-5

Problem solved; IF YOU HAVE THE S4's in mind.  Now you have 30 AMP circuit [3600 watts] for the 2800 watts required for two S4's

David
Exactly and now you have spent more money then buying your 2 1000w gold psu's for powering your s3+ and still spent 1 btc more fore same hash rate to get a .001 better efficency anyone who buys s4 is doing it wrong unless you already have the infrastructure it is not home miner friendly at all and with 5% diff jumps will mine 2.45 btc before un profitable so upside down it will always be i was really hoping for a 2 btc price point and a home friendly setup but they are pushing there hosting thru hashnest supa hard atm Grin

BTC ADDY just in case you are my rich uncle lol 1KCQ4fXa3mWBvBsYRLmWY4QHqBa4ZYFdh6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:30:33 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 05:05:40 AM by Billbags

^ good safety write-up. Even one of those is really pushing a 15amp circuit. Us elect code states 1440w/12amp for no more than 3 hours at a time. Breakers trip with heat, not the actual amps, and most breakers can take more amps than rated for. If your running 1440w/12amp or more watts for more than 3 hours at a time those wires can heat up enough to burn your house down. Newly built houses may be worse because "copper clad" wire(instead of solid copper) from China that some builders use these days get extremely hot at lower watts due to the wire being "cheap tin" coated with copper. Heads up, Look Sharp and Remember - Safety First.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:56:08 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 07:08:17 AM by toptek

^ good safety write-up. Even one of those is really pushing a 15amp circuit. Us elect code states 1440w/12amp for no more than 3 hours at a time. Breakers trip with heat, not the actual amps, and most breakers can take more amps than rated for. If your running 1440w/12amp or more watts for more than 3 hours at a time those wires can heat up enough to burn your house down. Newly built houses may be worse because "copper clad" wire(instead of solid copper) from China that some builders use these days get extremely hot at lower watts due to the wire being "cheap tin" coated with copper. Heads up, Look Sharp and Remember - Safety First.

I agree by all means Safety First  don't burn you house down because of a S4,run a few s3 to match it and be safe.I'm not against the S4s. but

What you may have to do your home to use it Safety or 2 or 3 at once  is that worth it ? .

I want one but as many say here it's more a Safety First thing ,it seems to be geared more for the business type farm might even be why so high a price.

maybe the S 5 or higher S4 batch will be more home user friendly.

I hope  bitmain doesn't forget us home farmer/miners . with there cloud thing going.

Home mining to me is not dead , it will never be like it was and  will take more hardware geared for the home which over time i hope we see.

The days of CPU and GPU mining  to any extent are gone and i think that is why so many are against it now they lost a lot in a matter of weeks i can't blame them, but it had to happen.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:24:29 AM

At 1380watts, I would problably run one on a 15amp circuit. But no higher watts than that. Be careful of other things plugged in or drawing power from that circuit/room. No tv's or appliances on that circuit with the miner. Mabey a ceiling fan and an occasional light only.

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
tech180

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:13:10 AM

Did the API brake too? My android monitoring apps for slush are not working any more since the change last night.
kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 08:15:41 AM

Slush stopped posting here some time ago. Until the beginning of this year newbies couldn't make posts in normal threads and the members that were posting were just asking the same questions over and over. It had got really bad so slush quit posting in this thread because he was just repeating himself over and over because no one would read past posts for answers. He added the webchat, a ticket system and Facebook for announcements. It sucks but this forum had got out of control. Slush is a highly intelligent person and to explain the same simple things over and over again when there is a knowledge base link on the pool page and plenty of pages in the forum they could review over became too overwhelming. Also, at the same time having clueless miners accusing him of crazy things because they don't understand how a score based pool works wasn't very productive for anyone. He was trying to write new pool software for the pool and create a Stand alone bitcoin wallet to help bring bitcoin to wider audience so he stopped posting here to create those things. You can still post with him in the Development and Technical threads, so he is still available and answers questions, just not the ones that he has answered 1,000's of times since 2011. He left this thread unlocked so we could communicate and help each other out.

Finally. Another intelligent post. This one should be read by all newbs, but it probably won't

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:47:09 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 10:06:24 AM by toptek

At 1380watts, I would problably run one on a 15amp circuit. But no higher watts than that. Be careful of other things plugged in or drawing power from that circuit/room. No tv's or appliances on that circuit with the miner. Mabey a ceiling fan and an occasional light only.

Think about it with Kids run in around  etc who gonna watch that i can hear it now my house blow up  because of my S4 lol only because they weren't careful .

I gonna wait knowing  me i would learn  how to install one the above things they said for peace of mind . + my box has two or three unused circuits i saw just not sure i want to get into that deal atm .

Just be careful with these right now till bitmain makes them a little more  home friendly which i hope  they do .

last thought then I'm let it go I want a S4 but not like it is now .

Two more S3 I'm set i will have reached my goal and that should let me make about 400 a month extra spending money at 7 S3. after power costs etc .

may add one more for the hell of it but 7 is were I plan to stop if I go past 10 lets say i may need to add a room or take one of the empty rooms in the house insult it  and rewire and add a  portable air con for the summer.

right now seven to 8 would do it for me without to much expanding and won't need anymore air in the summer them i have now .  

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:50:04 AM

Slush stopped posting here some time ago. Until the beginning of this year newbies couldn't make posts in normal threads and the members that were posting were just asking the same questions over and over. It had got really bad so slush quit posting in this thread because he was just repeating himself over and over because no one would read past posts for answers. He added the webchat, a ticket system and Facebook for announcements. It sucks but this forum had got out of control. Slush is a highly intelligent person and to explain the same simple things over and over again when there is a knowledge base link on the pool page and plenty of pages in the forum they could review over became too overwhelming. Also, at the same time having clueless miners accusing him of crazy things because they don't understand how a score based pool works wasn't very productive for anyone. He was trying to write new pool software for the pool and create a Stand alone bitcoin wallet to help bring bitcoin to wider audience so he stopped posting here to create those things. You can still post with him in the Development and Technical threads, so he is still available and answers questions, just not the ones that he has answered 1,000's of times since 2011. He left this thread unlocked so we could communicate and help each other out.

Finally. Another intelligent post. This one should be read by all newbs, but it probably won't

I all ways look for this first and  as a last resort ask newbie question and only then if I'm totally annoyed after hours of  looking, even, then i hate to ask anything .

Tazza

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:10:39 PM

I all ways look for this first and  as a last resort ask newbie question and only then if I'm totally annoyed after hours of  looking, even, then i hate to ask anything .

We are a dying breed. But look at it this way, if something as 'technical' (for want of a better word - because it's pretty bloody straightforward) as bitcoins gets so much noise just imagine what it would be like on the more mundane forums.. gaming ones spring to mind though I'm not a gamer so can't speak from experience.

PS Back after a year absence - that is to say mining in general - been on slush since day dot after solo mining was no longer an option and don't intend to change (though I might bugger off for several months at a time Wink  ) Great to be back!! cheers.
moss

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:21:09 PM

Thanks Billbags. I had seen what Slush said at the start of the Slush's Pool thread, but you've really filled in all the blanks. I would have preferred a strategy that didn't punish everybody for the actions of a few, but if the forum had got out of control, I can understand why Slush did it.  Perhaps it's time for him to revisit it and at least post details of updates here.  He doesn't have to reply to them.  Just my tuppence worth. Grin
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:36:50 PM

any miners hash drop down?
moss

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

It appears a few changes have been made to web interface such as new block found there is no processing appearing to show that blocks potential reward in statistics?Huh? While the new block has begun
this is a little disconcerting as it doesn't show up  it makes it appear we lost the work for the previous 10 hour block I'm sure it will show up but the 5-20 minutes of processing without it showing will be a visual ugg.....and as this is the first block completed since web changes we wont know what will show until 15 minutes or so have passed I hope they did not make changes to the way the statistics page works Cool
So they just removed the processing part block appears after calculations are made!!...not sure why they did this but once again with no updates as to when things are scheduled to roll out it is a little off putting to see changes aka. passwords no processing etc. when you are used to a certain format. Roll Eyes

I agree, it is disconcerting now that the newly found block just vanishes (temporarily), whereas it used to say 'Processing...", so you knew what was there.  Just watched it happen with the latest one.  Much preferred it how it was before.
moss

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:48:32 PM

any miners hash drop down?

Mine are ok (so far). Smiley
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:18:21 PM

I all ways look for this first and  as a last resort ask newbie question and only then if I'm totally annoyed after hours of  looking, even, then i hate to ask anything .

We are a dying breed. But look at it this way, if something as 'technical' (for want of a better word - because it's pretty bloody straightforward) as bitcoins gets so much noise just imagine what it would be like on the more mundane forums.. gaming ones spring to mind though I'm not a gamer so can't speak from experience.

PS Back after a year absence - that is to say mining in general - been on slush since day dot after solo mining was no longer an option and don't intend to change (though I might bugger off for several months at a time Wink  ) Great to be back!! cheers.

gaming what made me that way on those forums nothing but asses i play online games from time to time  excuse that one word but they are . this stuff is real to life on gaming forums it's a mess imo these forums they seem a lot nicer but i would still look for my self .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:26:37 PM

Estimated reward all ready and i just moved all my miner here 0.00186633 picking up Smiley .

icio

Activity: 893
Merit: 378

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:07:46 PM

Hi, does anybody know why the closed blocks don't sign anything in the "unconfirmed reward"?
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:31:11 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 08:25:02 AM by Billbags

@toptek
Quote from "toptek"
"gaming what made me that way on those forums nothing but asses i play online games from time to time  excuse that one word but they are . this stuff is real to life on gaming forums it's a mess imo these forums they seem a lot nicer but i would still look for my self" .
[/quote]

This forum is the only Social Media interaction I have with people online. I made the decision early on in the "My Space" and "Facebook" days to live my life free from most mainstream social media, I don't have anything against it, although I do believe a "person" makes good decisions but a "group of people" can often make bad ones(group mentality). There are good sections of this forum and bad sections of this forum. I'm very conservative and "anti-political correct" and I question everything in life - people, media, government and church and try to do unbiased factual research, not just what everyone else is thinking/saying/feeling without research, to reach my beliefs on those four subjects. I'm not against those things I'm just careful about the mass production for mass consumption type mentality thats evolved in this country. I have traveled and lived all over the world when I was in the military and have experienced a lot of cultures, people and governments so I assume that's why I'm this way. My biggest problem from not using social media is learning what's "accepted" as normal by the "group mentality" that's currently evolved in a specific thread. I think I may come off as rude or biased most of the time online, I do believe and accept that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views on life and I'm actually a very happy and free spirited person In everyday life, I just come off as a grouch online.

Nikethemutt

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:28:59 PM

SLUSH is reporting they won 322930 & 322947, but BLOCKCHAIN is reporting that 322930 went to BTC Guild and 322947 went to AntPool.

What's going on?  Huh
Billbags

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:55:14 PM

^ must have been close and checking the timestamps. Blockchain.info isn't the blockchain, so let's hope they are wrong. Things like this is what those 100 confirmations are all about. I hope it goes our way for at least one if not both.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:23:51 PM

@toptek
Quote from "toptek"
"gaming what made me that way on those forums nothing but asses i play online games from time to time  excuse that one word but they are . this stuff is real to life on gaming forums it's a mess imo these forums they seem a lot nicer but i would still look for my self" .

This forum is the only Social Media interaction I have with people online. I made the decision early on in the "My Space" and "Facebook" days to live my life free from most mainstream social media, I don't have anything against it, although I do believe a "person" makes good decisions but a "group of people" can often make bad ones(group mentality). There are good sections of this forum and bad sections of this forum(IMHO). I'm very conservative and "anti-political correct" and I question everything in life - people, media, government and church and try to do unbiased factual research, not just what everyone else is thinking/saying/feeling without research, to reach my beliefs on those four subjects. I have traveled and lived all over the world when I was in the military and have experienced a lot of cultures, people and governments so I assume that's why I'm this way. My biggest problem from not using social media is learning what's "accepted" as normal by the "group mentality" that's currently evolved in a specific thread. I think I may come off as rude or biased most of the time online, I do believe and accept that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views on life and I'm actually a very happy and free spirited person In everyday life, I just come off as a grouch online.
[/quote]

your fine I've lived in most of the world my self my dad was in the  service before he  died as far as i can remember i was over seas mostly in Germany .  but been all over the US with him and once i grew up on my own etc etc .  so excuse me when i say some thing i never mean what i say as a bad thing .  

I very happy to  thu at times it may not seem that way ..  

i don't care much for FB etc nor IRC i think its called i only use them because i have to from time to time .

I have non  about bitcoins  for years even tired it once back when it first started and we could  only  do it with CPUs  but then I saw no value in it. not even sure what got me to look into it this year around April  best thing in my life i ever did . I've  been disabled sense i was 18  worked till i couldn't any more at 45 .  I'm now 58 this keep me jumping more then any game does  and has more reward .

cya

Pages: « 1 ... 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 [938] 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: