Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:59:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
thehulkk

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:59:27 AM

I don't know what I was thinking, of course they restart. Roll Eyes What do you say about the lower hash rates? Do you think it might be because of the pool servers?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 02:01:51 AM

I don't know what I was thinking, of course they restart. Roll Eyes What do you say about the lower hash rates? Do you think it might be because of the pool servers?

Hard to say really, that could be. I know I've seen my cards hash at slightly lower rates for certain pools and coins, up to say 30 Kh/s or so. For instance Doge almost always hashes slower than Litecoin. Never figured out if it was the coin or the pools.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
lacrymist

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:53:10 AM

Is there any way that you could document what every checkbox does and should be used for?

Maybe tooltips when you hover over them?

I have an R9 290X, and have experienced restarts, lockups, and drivers crashes when grinding at high intensity... should I be using the new GPU Terminate option?

Thanks, you are the best as always!
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 04:58:15 AM

Is there any way that you could document what every checkbox does and should be used for?

Maybe tooltips when you hover over them?

I'd very much welcome some contributions for documentation. I've already had some pull requests that I merged that add a FAQ to the readme. At this point I honestly have a lot of things to do that only I can do, while documentation is something anyone could donate some time and effort to.

I have an R9 290X, and have experienced restarts, lockups, and drivers crashes when grinding at high intensity... should I be using the new GPU Terminate option?

I don't have an R9 myself. From what I understand, without that checked you may receive a Blue Screen of Death in Windows when you stop mining. Selecting that option works around the issue.

Also note that lockups and restarts are pretty much par for the course with Scrypt mining until you get things configured right. And even after  Angry

Been spending a lot of time myself lately with GPU issues / downtime

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
phantitox

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:05:38 AM

is there a way to use differents arguments for each gpu? i have differents video cards models some more powerfull the others but the slow one cant use the same arguments that the high end ones  Huh
lacrymist

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:07:45 AM

I'd very much welcome some contributions for documentation. I've already had some pull requests that I merged that add a FAQ to the readme. At this point I honestly have a lot of things to do that only I can do, while documentation is something anyone could donate some time and effort to.

I would help with the documentation, but I'd still need to bug you to know what things did  Huh Tongue Grin
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 05:10:18 AM

is there a way to use differents arguments for each gpu? i have differents video cards models some more powerfull the others but the slow one cant use the same arguments that the high end ones  Huh

You can do that for all but the -g argument as far as I understand. For the rest of them you can provide comma-delimited values, e.g.:

Code:
bfgminer --thread-concurrency 10000,20000

From the bfgminer documentation:

GPU only options:

--auto-fan          Automatically adjust all GPU fan speeds to maintain a target temperature
--auto-gpu          Automatically adjust all GPU engine clock speeds to maintain a target temperature
--gpu-threads|-g <arg> Number of threads per GPU (1 - 10) (default: 2)
--gpu-dyninterval <arg> Set the refresh interval in ms for GPUs using dynamic intensity (default: 7)
--gpu-engine <arg>  GPU engine (over)clock range in MHz - one value, range and/or comma separated list (e.g. 850-900,900,750-850)
--gpu-fan <arg>     GPU fan percentage range - one value, range and/or comma separated list (e.g. 25-85,85,65)
--gpu-map <arg>     Map OpenCL to ADL device order manually, paired CSV (e.g. 1:0,2:1 maps OpenCL 1 to ADL 0, 2 to 1)
--gpu-memclock <arg> Set the GPU memory (over)clock in MHz - one value for all or separate by commas for per card.
--gpu-memdiff <arg> Set a fixed difference in clock speed between the GPU and memory in auto-gpu mode
--gpu-platform <arg> Select OpenCL platform ID to use for GPU mining
--gpu-powertune <arg> Set the GPU powertune percentage - one value for all or separate by commas for per card.
--gpu-reorder       Attempt to reorder GPU devices according to PCI Bus ID
--gpu-vddc <arg>    Set the GPU voltage in Volts - one value for all or separate by commas for per card.
--intensity|-I <arg> Intensity of GPU scanning (d or -10 -> 10, default: d to maintain desktop interactivity)
--kernel|-k <arg>   Override kernel to use (diablo, poclbm, phatk or diakgcn) - one value or comma separated
--no-adl            Disable the ATI display library used for monitoring and setting GPU parameters
--temp-overheat <arg> Overheat temperature when automatically managing fan and GPU speeds (default: 85)
--vectors|-v <arg>  Override detected optimal vector (1, 2 or 4) - one value or comma separated list
--worksize|-w <arg> Override detected optimal worksize - one value or comma separated list

GPU mining is disabled by default for SHA256d if you have any dedicated mining
devices, but can be enabled explicitly specifying the -S opencl:auto option.

See README.GPU for more information regarding GPU mining.

scrypt only options:

--lookup-gap <arg>  Set GPU lookup gap for scrypt mining, comma separated
--shaders <arg>     GPU shaders per card for tuning scrypt, comma separated
--thread-concurrency <arg> Set GPU thread concurrency for scrypt mining, comma separated

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:37:02 AM

Evening nwoolls. Should ahve a support section for you soon for your MultiMiner on me site Smiley Hope you do not mined Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 06:40:18 AM

Evening nwoolls. Should ahve a support section for you soon for your MultiMiner on me site Smiley Hope you do not mined Smiley

Not at all - love the exposure. Thanks!  Grin

Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:44:13 AM

Digging deeper for you:

Go into Settings, then Advanced miner settings. Make sure that you do not have either of these options checked:

• Restart miners every X minutes
  • Set Dynamic Intensity based on computer use

Both of these will also restart mining periodically and only state "Starting Mining". I suppose it could be a COM port issue but, from what I am seeing in the code, all of the "Restart Suspect Miners" entries should have specific entries, e.g. "Process crashed", "Subpar hashrate", etc.
Yup, that did it.  Thanks!  I didn't expect that dynamic intensity would affect anything aside from GPU mining.  Should it?

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 08:16:11 AM

Yup, that did it.  Thanks!  I didn't expect that dynamic intensity would affect anything aside from GPU mining.  Should it?

Probably not, but it wasn't until recently that GPU miners got their own process separate from ASICs. One of the items on my to-do is to use the RPC API to change intensities rather than restarting ming. I'll bump up the prio.

danielpugh

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:52:04 AM

just a quick note to let you know that the new checkbox definitely fixes the r9 bsod issue for me
I installed on 3 setups and forgot to put on one and that one crashed after 5 minutes when I tried to restart
adding the checkbox and running fine with several restarts ever since
all my cards are r9 and running very efficiently now!

are there any posts I can reference re. the different profitability strategies?
it takes me probably at least 6-8hrs of constant mining to get a decent quantity of coins and mining rate
coins seem to almost deliberately adjust their difficulty so they become the most profitable for about 5 minutes then drop down
so looking for a combination of

stable exchange over the last week (green on the middle graph on coinwarz)
difficulty averaged over the last e.g. 24+ hrs (to avoid choosing a coin by accident that is most profitable for 5 mins - e.g. bottlecaps were shoing as earning a bitcoin in 1 day for about 5 minutes yesterday)
profitability relatively (i.e. in the top section on coinwarz)

profitability over the last week would seem to be the one, but presumably its _only_ backward looking?

thanks,

Dan
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:34:45 AM

just a quick note to let you know that the new checkbox definitely fixes the r9 bsod issue for me
I installed on 3 setups and forgot to put on one and that one crashed after 5 minutes when I tried to restart
adding the checkbox and running fine with several restarts ever since
all my cards are r9 and running very efficiently now!

Glad to hear it! I'm going to leave the donations for R9 support open because - honestly - this is really a "hack" of sorts to avoid the BSOD. Luckily MultiMiner already launches GPU miners separately from ASIC/FPGA miners or closing the mining process like this would be a problem.

I'll leave the strategies question to someone else. I put them in there to try them out, but I don't know if any one way is a "silver bullet". But MultiMiner makes it very simple to explore many, if not all, options.

Foss

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:11:58 PM

nwoolls Please make portable version for cgminer (1.3.47 or 1.3.50) i'm use 1.3.47 because it show model(name) of GPU Cool

BTC: 147kwy3LndX6jkwGC3mU9j6rZMWU8g1Amd
DASH: XhR4V6ChnQp7LDWhpArwBMXARxU5LGiq8a
ETH: 0xe4b10dff72b58a363a3c8b70e21cfb236e2697c9
danielpugh

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:50:18 PM

hi,

there is definitely something not right about the pool shown.
coin is shown as tagcoin on one of my miners, pool as d2, accepted 84 shares

d2 don't have a tagcoin pool

I can see on the d2 pool for worldcoin that it is actually hashing there still

this time I manually switched pools

it wouldn't switch automatically despite tagcoin being more profitable on coinchoose and coinwarz and seems to have got stuck on worldcoin/d2 pool even with manual restarts

EDIT###
just did a full stop and start instead of a restart and the pool changed properly...

EDIT####
even with a manual change on a different pc it showed as pool of tagcoin (manually chosen) with a coin of digitalcoin until I disabled strategies and did stop & start
Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:38:30 PM

I have Block Eruptors and BFL Singles plugged into the same miner. Problem is that BEs need to start at diff 1 and Singles start much higher. The pool assign the diff based on the worker name. Is the way to deal with this to launch two instances of MuM and enter --usb ICA:25,BAS:0 in the one for Block Eruptors and --usb ICA:0,BAS:6 in the second instance for BFL Singles? Hmm, no that won't work because you assign worker names by coin and not device.

ghghghfgh
plethora

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:26:31 PM

I'm using MultiMiner 2.3.3 and found a problem where the details view and side pane are not updating when mining is changed to a new coin.

As you can see, MultiMiner started mining Bitcoin and then changed to Tigercoin but still shows Bitcoin's difficulty, price, profitability and pool. Then if MultiMiner changes back to Bitcoin, the details and pane starts to update again.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 12:40:18 AM

EDIT####
even with a manual change on a different pc it showed as pool of tagcoin (manually chosen) with a coin of digitalcoin until I disabled strategies and did stop & start

Thanks for the details. I'll need to retest this with auto-mining enabled. I haven't run with that enabled in a while and there may be some recent changes that affected the pools displayed when auto-mining.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 12:42:05 AM

I have Block Eruptors and BFL Singles plugged into the same miner. Problem is that BEs need to start at diff 1 and Singles start much higher. The pool assign the diff based on the worker name. Is the way to deal with this to launch two instances of MuM and enter --usb ICA:25,BAS:0 in the one for Block Eruptors and --usb ICA:0,BAS:6 in the second instance for BFL Singles? Hmm, no that won't work because you assign worker names by coin and not device.

Maybe you could setup MultiMiner in two folders as a portable app so they keep separate settings. Then configure each targeting specific devices.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 12:43:05 AM

I'm using MultiMiner 2.3.3 and found a problem where the details view and side pane are not updating when mining is changed to a new coin.

As you can see, MultiMiner started mining Bitcoin and then changed to Tigercoin but still shows Bitcoin's difficulty, price, profitability and pool. Then if MultiMiner changes back to Bitcoin, the details and pane starts to update again.

Awesome - thanks for the details. My GPUs have been down lately so I hadn't had auto-mining enabled. Looks like I missed a few small display bugs with that.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: