Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:52:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:03:48 PM

HOTKEYS. so i can start and stop the mining process with the key combination and not navigate through the menus. I use one of my rigs for daily work and when i set intensity 18 the desktop is lagging so much that sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes to stop the miners because the mouse cursor hangs, the app is not responding and this makes the process really frustrating.

You can actually achieve this already. Click on Settings > Advanced application settings. Enable the option to Use a standard menu designed for accessibility. This menu has shortcut accelerators assigned so that you can easily access menu items via the keyboard.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:06:04 PM

1) On one rig, I have three Antminer U1s which I'm running using MultiMiner and bfgminer and two GPUs (7750s) which I currently run using cgminer and cgwatcher.  I'd like to swap them over to be run by multiminer as well.  They currently appear in Multiminer, and I'd set up the coins I want to mine on them, but at present they don't work; I assume that because I want to mine LTC on them (and BTC on the U1) I need to do something different?  Would I be right in saying that I need to have two installations of MultiMiner, one of which will be for the GPUs (mining LTC and other scrypt coins) and the other for the U1 (mining BTC), both running at the same time?

No, only one installation of MultiMiner is needed. Right-click on the name of each individual device in the list to see a context menu where you can choose the coin it will mine.

2) I have another computer which is running SuSE 12.2, and running bfgminer 3.5.2.  It currently has two Block Erupters and a Red Fury on it.  Is it possible to add this to MultiMiner remotely (they are on the same network), or would I have to get MultiMiner running on this computer, and then be able to adminster both via the mobile app?  At present the Linux machine doesn't usually have an X environment running most of the time (it's a home web/file server as well as doing mining) - if it's the second option I take it I'd have to have KDE or similar running for this to work?

In MultiMiner you can go to Settings > Advanced miner settings and enable a Stratum Proxy. Then you can point the miners on your SuSE machine at MultiMiner instead of your pools, and the stats will show in MultiMiner.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:07:35 PM

Question to the author: why you use bfgminer and not cgminer? Just wondering, nothing else Smiley

cgminer doesn't support:

• GPUs
  • Bi*Fury
  • HashBuster Micro
  • AntMiner U1
  • NanoFury - seems they just implemented this

The list goes on. In addition I have tried working with the authors in the past and it has not been a pleasant experience. Finally I just don't have time to support both miners.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:11:30 PM

is it (not) possible to add new coins (not in the list)?
e.g. I have added NYM and it crashed...

If you receive any crashes I need the full crash log. On Windows it is displayed automatically. On Linux or OS X this means running from the command line using the mono command so that the error is dumped to the terminal.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:35:01 PM

Those seeing the hash rate difference after switching from CGminer to BFGminer, please note my experience was that no matter how much I tweaked the settings I couldn't achieve the same until I used the optimized .BIN files that I came across on Litecoin forums. I don't know the back end as to the difference in how .bin files get generated in the miner apps, but this was the big difference.

Once I copied and renamed the .BIN file to match the automatically generated on each rig, I got back just about everything.

Do you happen to know if these require a specific version of the AMD/ATI drivers or anything like that? I still stick with version 12.8 of the ATI drivers, and I tried dropping in the optimized bins I got from you. My 7950s dropped from 645 to 575. Trying to figure out the missing GPU voodoo  Grin

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:47:37 PM

MultiMiner version 2.3.4 is now available for download. Changes include:

• Fixed KeyNotFoundException parsing pool information
  • Fixed inability to access the Launch menu item on the Process Log
  • Only check & restart GPUs for "Subpar hashrate" - new ASICs have too much variance
  • Remove confusing validation from the Coins dialog

Another release will follow this week addressing some outstanding issues with the information displayed with Auto-Mining is enabled, but I wanted to get this release out as it addresses a crash that some users are experiencing.

predatorkill

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:20:11 PM

• Only check & restart GPUs for "Subpar hashrate" - new ASICs have too much variance

Another release will follow this week addressing some outstanding issues with the information displayed with Auto-Mining is enabled, but I wanted to get this release out as it addresses a crash that some users are experiencing.

Excellent!! Please fix the API parse errors, you could add higher timeout programatically or ask the user to set it by himself. Also, it would be nice to be able to refresh the API on demand, this option could hammer the api servers though.

I believe that when there is a parse error the app should try to contact the api before the 'fetch every x minutes" on settings. Parse error could lead to lost profit if the miner is operating "alone".

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:22:17 PM

Excellent!! Please fix the API parse errors, you could add higher timeout programatically or ask the user to set it by himself. Also, it would be nice to be able to refresh the API on demand, this option could hammer the api servers though.

I believe that when there is a parse error the app should try to contact the api before the 'fetch every x minutes" on settings. Parse error could lead to lost profit if the miner is operating "alone".

We'll see. For now I would recommend you try talking to the CoinChoose.com providers so that their API isn't broken. Seems to have gone downhill after sal002 sold it. Better than me spending time working around their broken API when I could be working on other bits.

But like I said - we'll see! For now you have the option to use CoinWarz instead...

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:03:12 PM

Feature to add. Restart dead miners. I have an option to restart suspect miners or dead miners however this seems not to work. maybe to have some sort of background scanner in place to rescan workers while working and restart if hash rate drops below a set rate like if miner total hash is lower than 100GH auto re scan hardware while working and add and start miner on same coin Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
rlhead7173

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:46:36 PM

Just upgraded to 2.3.4 and I am getting the following >net error when I switched to DOG coin:

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.CoinConfigurationForDevice(Device device) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 1775
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.LoadListViewValuesFromCoinStats() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 2552
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.HandleQuickSwitchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 3292
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6407 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MultiMiner.Win
    Assembly Version: 2.3.4.95
    Win32 Version: 2.3.4.95
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Win.exe
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:09:54 PM

Is there something else added to show rejects and errors on ASIC's?
I'm showing slow downs all across the board on ASIC's and a large amount of rejects and errors that were not happening before.

atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:37:32 AM

Do you happen to know if these require a specific version of the AMD/ATI drivers or anything like that? I still stick with version 12.8 of the ATI drivers, and I tried dropping in the optimized bins I got from you. My 7950s dropped from 645 to 575. Trying to figure out the missing GPU voodoo  Grin

I don't believe the version matters, but I'm not sure. That's interesting that yours dropped so much, I've heard mixed results, but it's odd how all of my cards benefited, but some report a loss. I gained a significant amount too.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:45:20 AM

I don't believe the version matters, but I'm not sure. That's interesting that yours dropped so much, I've heard mixed results, but it's odd how all of my cards benefited, but some report a loss. I gained a significant amount too.

Which is why I will continue to refer to it as GPU voodoo  Grin

I'm also not able to do anything above 600 Kh/s with my new 7970 (RMAd a 7950 and they had none of those left). I flashed the bios and I can run it at TC 22400 and get 600 Kh/s. But if I try the normal suggestions of using G 2 and TC 8091 (or similar) does nothing but knock me down to the 400s.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:47:11 AM

Feature to add. Restart dead miners. I have an option to restart suspect miners or dead miners however this seems not to work. maybe to have some sort of background scanner in place to rescan workers while working and restart if hash rate drops below a set rate like if miner total hash is lower than 100GH auto re scan hardware while working and add and start miner on same coin Smiley

MultiMiner already does this. If it's not working I'm not sure there's much more I can do. Sometimes bfgminer gets stuck in such a way that it cannot be terminated without logging out / rebooting.

This feature is already built in and does this in any case I've been able to reproduce. The problem is that its very hard to reproduce every sort of crash a process can have.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:48:06 AM

I'm showing slow downs all across the board on ASIC's and a large amount of rejects and errors that were not happening before.

Nothing at all like that changed. You can download previous releases from http://releases.multiminerapp.com if you need to downgrade. This was a very minor set of changes from 2.3.3.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:51:26 AM

Just upgraded to 2.3.4 and I am getting the following >net error when I switched to DOG coin:

You somehow have more than one coin configuration for the same coin symbol. Close out of MultiMiner and edit the CoinConfigurations.xml file found in %appdata%\MultiMiner and you should see more than one configuration with the same coin symbol (I am assuming DOG).

atomicchaos

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:16:07 AM

Which is why I will continue to refer to it as GPU voodoo  Grin

I'm also not able to do anything above 600 Kh/s with my new 7970 (RMAd a 7950 and they had none of those left). I flashed the bios and I can run it at TC 22400 and get 600 Kh/s. But if I try the normal suggestions of using G 2 and TC 8091 (or similar) does nothing but knock me down to the 400s.

Not sure of your brand of 7970, but my Sapphire 7970's all run 710-730 at:

1083-1125 VDDC (I try and lower VDDC as much as I can)
1040 engine
1500 Mem & mem clock

BFGminer: --auto-fan  --intensity 13 -g 2 --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 8192

If you still cannot get your speed up, there is a brilliant thread on litecoin forums that you can post your BIOS and a user there will post an optimized version of it.

Thread: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.0

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:25:51 AM

1040 engine
1500 Mem & mem clock

BFGminer: --auto-fan  --intensity 13 -g 2 --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 8192

If you still cannot get your speed up, there is a brilliant thread on litecoin forums that you can post your BIOS and a user there will post an optimized version of it.

Great info thanks! It is a Sapphire - a 7970 Dual-X OC with 3GB of RAM. And those were the exact arguments I was using. The original BIOS that came with it would top out at around 400 Kh/s. However I still don't think I'm on the "right" BIOS. The one's I've seen others link to as working cause my card not to be recognized at all.

I'll give it another shot when I have some time and follow up on that thread.

atomicchaos

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:49:12 AM

1040 engine
1500 Mem & mem clock

Great info thanks! It is a Sapphire - a 7970 Dual-X OC with 3GB of RAM. And those were the exact arguments I was using. The original BIOS that came with it would top out at around 400 Kh/s. However I still don't think I'm on the "right" BIOS. The one's I've seen others link to as working cause my card not to be recognized at all.

I'll give it another shot when I have some time and follow up on that thread.

I'll save you some time, give me your exact model of card and I can look it up on there.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:00:38 AM

Nothing at all like that changed. You can download previous releases from http://releases.multiminerapp.com if you need to downgrade. This was a very minor set of changes from 2.3.3.

I'm not sure why it is doing this.  Very odd. I am actually going to reboot the system I have not done that yet.
Sorry to be a pain.

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: